• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCIE

Banned
My guess is that the next banner will be FF type 0 or FFXIII. Unless we aren't getting them at all... And since someone had Snow in Beta over on Reddit not too long ago, I would expect FFXIII next.

EDarkness

I'm 9% away from finishing Black Cowl which will give my Lightning more attack. It will be done before the day is done. Either my Lightning, Valentus Elza/CoD, or a few others can get you guys through this. Just keep trying. The fight does have some RNG to it but you have to on your shiz with dispelling and keep your full break/buffs/debuffs up. You'll get it!

I finally took her down last night. I find that defeating her normally is a lot easier to do, but trying to get the summon is what drags it out. There's no real quick way to build up the bar since I wasn't getting lucky trying to Barrage everything. Could have done it with no deaths if I was trying to flat out take her out.

Oh well, it's all good. I'm going to get Maxwell today...one way or another. Heh, heh.

Did my daily pull and got...GARLAND!! Oh yeah! *Happy dance*

Syrus

Banned
So what are things we can take away from this trial?

Level Ingus if hes your only full break - i need to

Level Rydia or Garnet , there is another summon esper boss just released

Must have Cecil or high HP tank

Need dual cast refia or cecil to help heal

HP materia is king. Buy all those HP ones from king mog.

I need to level ingus and rydia. Apparently 2x edgars is great too but mine are lvl 1 lol

Syrus

Banned
My guess is that the next banner will be FF type 0 or FFXIII. Unless we aren't getting them at all... And since someone had Snow in Beta over on Reddit not too long ago, I would expect FFXIII next.

Im hoping FFV so my ex death will 6 star

EDarkness

Im hoping FFV so my ex death will 6 star

Same here. I think it's time for a mage 6* character. The last few have been straight up physical damage dealers and poor mages aren't getting any love. I'd be okay if Kefka, Terra, or Exdeath got the 6* treatment.

leehom

i dont understand how last week i was 5k-6k in the arena but this week i am hovering between 12-15k doing the same amount of arena play.

Are people really paying that much to refill arena?

Server reset our weekly ranking a couple of days ago. And yes, there are quite a few people who refill in the arena. There has been a substantial drop off of participants after the first week.

leehom

There's no real quick way to build up the bar since I wasn't getting lucky trying to Barrage everything.

It's easy to build up the esper bar with Rydia and hyper.

I think it took about three to four rounds to fill up. Strange thing that occurred was that the first time I tried it, Rydia's LB gauge barely went up after six rounds and my team got destroyed. Second time was the charm. Her LB gauge went to max easily.

Lyrian

Finally!!! Valentus, thanks for the assist! And thanks to everyone on here for their support. Daily - another CoD
So glad to be done with that one. And now I can add Maxwell to the TMR team with Gaffgarion. My Lightning will be pretty good in a month or two. Right now, she's just "not scrub" status ;)

Congrats on clearing this royal pain in the ass trial! The worst part of this is finally over.

Go, GAF!

Has Chilly been sited at all?

His post history says he hasn't been on much over the last few days, but he is posting. So, he is not banned. As others have mentioned, perhaps he is taking a break from the game because of his bad results on the BF Gacha, or maybe other RL issues are taking the forefront at the moment.

I'm sure he will be back in full force once he regenerates his mojo, and it will be when everyone least expects the Emperor to appear.

--- Daily pull: Gaffgarion (new!)

Where the heck were the on-banner gold crystals last week? Still, I'll happy take him for that tasty Bracer.

wilstreak

How should i build DK Cecil?
I figure that he is the only one physical attacker who will not benefitted from Dual Wield since his attack is HP based.
and i have 3 Bartz, is it wise to fuse them together to quicken my Doublehand TMR for DK Cecil?

Congrats on clearing this royal pain in the ass trial! The worst part of this is finally over.

Go, GAF!

His post history says he hasn't been on much over the last few days, but he is posting. So, he is not banned. As others have mentioned, perhaps he is taking a break from the game because of his bad results on the BF Gacha, or maybe other RL issues are taking the forefront at the moment.

I'm sure he will be back in full force once he regenerates his mojo, and it will be when everyone least expects the Emperor to appear.

--- Daily pull: Gaffgarion (new!)

Where the heck were the on-banner gold crystals last week? Still, I'll happy take him for that tasty Bracer.

I miss chilly :(

Hope he bounces back in soon

Did the daily and up up my tickets

Notables were Miyuki and CoD

No Garland for me

Lyrian

I miss chilly :(

Hope he bounces back in soon

Did the daily and up up my tickets

Notables were Miyuki and CoD

No Garland for me

Still hoping for Garland here as well. Five more days of dailies to go.

Worst case, he should be featured (I hope) when he receives his 6* awakening, just like Tilith will be again when she receives hers.

EDarkness

It's easy to build up the esper bar with Rydia and hyper.

I think it took about three to four rounds to fill up. Strange thing that occurred was that the first time I tried it, Rydia's LB gauge barely went up after six rounds and my team got destroyed. Second time was the charm. Her LB gauge went to max easily.

Did you use Barrage or did you just do normal attacks? I've yet to have Barrage give much in the way of orange LB crystals.

Not sure why I want Garland. I dont need him but I like the unit for fun purposes. Also i mind as well try to collect all the FF alums if i can

Also... Doesn anyone know why im not being highlighted when quoted on mobile

Its throwing me off

windfish

Phew maxwell is no joke, finally maxed Tilith and tried the trial twice.

First round was actually pretty okay, summon bar was full but both dps units with diablos were down. Maxwell had like 5 % of her hp left but my party almost dead and so she wrecked me on the finish line :/ used a 700+atk luneth friend

Second try was with Valentus CoD and using this strategie
No fucking chance! dmg output was painfully slow and no luck with the summon either.
Any hints or better strategies to use for this party? (Cecil, Agrias/Vaan, Tiltih, Cod and Luneth)

I might get back to the dunes and try to max Rydia too...

I have about 6 shantoto's...good on that front. I need zidane doe. Only have one, but need 5 more. DW for everyone. I'm surprised Chizuru is still popular, why?
Because of Blade Mastery. It's still the best +% atk TM for the vast majority of physical units outside of Dark Veritas's TM.

Valentus

Phew maxwell is no joke, finally maxed Tilith and tried the trial twice.

First round was actually pretty okay, summon bar was full but both dps units with diablos were down. Maxwell had like 5 % of her hp left but my party almost dead and so she wrecked me on the finish line :/ used a 700+atk luneth friend

Second try was with Valentus CoD and using this strategie
No fucking chance! dmg output was painfully slow and no luck with the summon either.
Any hints or better strategies to use for this party? (Cecil, Agrias/Vaan, Tiltih, Cod and Luneth)

I might get back to the dunes and try to max Rydia too...

Really? are you having trouble with that party???, i can record the fight with those units if you are having trouble. It worked with CCIE and another gaffer.

Zalasta

Well, after half a dozen tries, it seems that without a full break and splitting the job between 2-3 units is just not sustainable when trying to do the missions.

windfish

Really? are you having trouble with that party???, i can record the fight with those units if you are having trouble. It worked with CCIE and another gaffer.

Oh thanks, that would be really appreciated! I tried it again with an Elza and I can always get my summon ready but then there is just too much energie left on her and things get messy..

wow SOOO CLOSE beating Maxwell with Valentus CoD.

I think I would have had him if I had Cheer.... Will switch Garnet for Lennah and give Lennah all HP + boosts so I get 3200 HP.

Cheer might be the deal breaker in beating him for me.

question: I saw Valentus post a video called Strategy 2. in that video he starts with casting Imperil, then on Turn 2 he cast Imperil again. Do I really need to cast Imperil on Turn 2?
Evoke Diablos...I wasnt even close. how the fuck do you do that.

leehom

Did you use Barrage or did you just do normal attacks? I've yet to have Barrage give much in the way of orange LB crystals.

Only unit I used barrage with was CoD, the rest were normal attacks outside of buffs/heals.

Because of Blade Mastery. It's still the best +% atk TM for the vast majority of physical units outside of Dark Veritas's TM.

How? I tried using BM on my CoD, DKC, etc and it does nothing. Is it because BM is exclusive to Katanas? I was considering TM'ing my other two BM's, but I don't know who else in my team could use it.

I found the fight with Maxwell easier with your Elza.

Anyone with a Miyuki, I am jelly.

What is special about Miyuki?

EDarkness

Only unit I used barrage with was CoD, the rest were normal attacks outside of buffs/heals.

Awesome. I realized that I didn't have the recipe for Hyper, so trying to get that now. Once I have that and can make a few, I'm gonna give it a shot again. I got the win, now for the missions!

What is special about Miyuki?

Her TM is a badass katana.

how do one get that many lapis to begin with?

Spend a shit-ton of money....

c-murph

Weekly TM update.

KFInGKR.png

Last time I did full team from scratch I was only around 14% by the end of the first week. Doing a little better. Probably would be much further along though but my game had connection issues every single ******** night this week. Literally wasted like 100 Lapis every night. I think GUMI is doing it on purpose.

Just unlocked Man-Eater on Diabolos last nite too.

4b9Ep2k.png

With Ravaging Blow, Elza's Madness Rush is Man Murder.

Man. i wish I had a single Ludmille for a DC, but ive got none so far :/

Yeah, 5 Ludmilles happened because I was pulling for Lightning. Got the other one the other day in a Daily pulling for Tilith... Who I still don't have.

Valentus

I found the fight with Maxwell easier with your Elza.

You cant beat maxwell with an average party and my Elza in 3 turns.

There you go windfish. The key is chaining the call of the voids (yours and my CoD. You can see that a choose friend a scrub CoD, so theres no lies in the damage you see in the video, you can do it too) and voila, maxwell down in 3 turns. The first step is defeating maxwell, after that you can plan all the rewards.

The thing is... i doubt you can get summon diabolos with Tilith as your only healer. you can get limit break and no death rewards, but for the summon, you must use another healer.

How? I tried using BM on my CoD, DKC, etc and it does nothing. Is it because BM is exclusive to Katanas? I was considering TM'ing my other two BM's, but I don't know who else in my team could use it.
Yes, it's exclusive to katanas. JP has Genji Sword and Laswell's Katana, so it's pretty easy to meet that criteria without having to use low attack weapons or TMs.

BM is more valuable in JP because they stack. Unless you're a whale who plans to do some full dps one shot setups, two is fine in global. There aren't a lot of times where you're going to be using more than 2 dps units at a time. If you don't have an immediate use for it, don't worry about it.

Acerac

Banned
Geez, the boss is easy enough to take down but I am having no luck stalling him long enough to get Diabolos summoned. I guess leveling Rydia is my best bet for that, sometimes no matter what I do the orbs just refuse to pop up.

leehom

There you go windfish. The key is chaining the call of the voids (yours and my CoD. You can see that a choose friend a scrub CoD, so theres no lies in the damage you see in the video, you can do it too) and voila, maxwell down in 3 turns. The first step is defeating maxwell, after that you can plan all the rewards.

The thing is... i doubt you can get summon diabolos with Tilith as your only healer. you can

I see what I didn't do right. I was using your CoD for barrage instead of call of void. Didn't know I was suppose to use that and chain it.

I'm at 99.8% on DH for the last two hours. dadkjaljkndajkdnjak, hurry so I can replace it with DW! :D

EDarkness

Hey Valentus, when is the best time to build up the esper bar? At the beginning of the fight or at the end? I have been throwing everything at her in the beginning so that she gets low, then hit her with barrages trying to build up the bar. Unfortunately, this strategy isn't working as the bar just takes a long time and she's pretty feisty when at low HP.

windfish

The thing is... i doubt you can get summon diabolos with Tilith as your only healer. you can

wow thank you so much for your help and work, I did it just like in your video and it is indeed super easy to pull off with my setup. I admit I was trying too hard to get the summon off before finishing maxwell, which is my next goal now.

Iceman829

I feel like I want to try to unlock Maxwell now that I was able to beat her, but I can't figure out the best way about doing so. Some people say Barrage charges the meter the fastest and others say use normal attacks. I'm just trying to figure out the best way. I think with 2 CoDs I'm able to cover my squad in case one has to use omniveil while the other has to use an item or something to save a squad mate. I feel like I have good enough units, but maybe I'm missing the right combination of attacks. I've been using CoD, DKC, WoL, Cecil, Refia. All my espers are maxed and I have 1 dual wield I can equip on any unit. What attacks are the best to use for charging the summon gauge? If normal attacks are just for the LB meter maybe I'll just try doing that challenge with Siren on a unit for the 10k karma to buy materials I need.

Acerac

Banned
Hey Valentus, when is the best time to build up the esper bar? At the beginning of the fight or at the end? I have been throwing everything at her in the beginning so that she gets low, then hit her with barrages trying to build up the bar. Unfortunately, this strategy isn't working as the bar just takes a long time and she's pretty feisty when at low HP.

For what it's worth I've been trying precisely the opposite, lowering her when she's at full health and defending on crazy turns. She still outputs more numbers than I can defend, and I'm running Refia and a Lenna that's holding all my tanky TMs.

Currently running Demon Rain/Vaan/BCL/Refia/Lenna, I may sub out BCL for Rydia after I finish leveling her today. Cheese out the diabolos summon.

Valentus

what party are you using?

Whales

Banned
yeah, probably wont manage to beat maxwell here

Lightning
Tilith
Refia
Chizuru
Cecil ( only 4*... I dont think I can get him to 6max this weekend)
and valentus CoD

I can only bring her down to like 60-70% HP before she wrecks my shit

Having a dualcast Full-Life would be a blessing rn, too bad I got no TM

leehom

yeah, probably wont manage to beat maxwell here

Lightning
Tilith
Refia
Chizuru
Cecil ( only 4*... I dont think I can get him to 6max this weekend)
and valentus CoD

I can only bring her down to like 60-70% HP before she wrecks my shit

Having a dualcast Full-Life would be a blessing rn, too bad I got no TM

Would having cecil at 6* make a huge difference?

You probably need full break.

question about CoD Call of the void skill.

Is that based on ATK or MAG?

I am currently looking at Nomidor, rixa and ThrillHo´s CoD

Nomidor has ATK 568 and MAG 186, Rixa has ATK 364 MAG 197 and Thrill has ATK 339 MAG 212.

I feel like I want to try to unlock Maxwell now that I was able to beat her, but I can't figure out the best way about doing so. Some people say Barrage charges the meter the fastest and others say use normal attacks. I'm just trying to figure out the best way. I think with 2 CoDs I'm able to cover my squad in case one has to use omniveil while the other has to use an item or something to save a squad mate. I feel like I have good enough units, but maybe I'm missing the right combination of attacks. I've been using CoD, DKC, WoL, Cecil, Refia. All my espers are maxed and I have 1 dual wield I can equip on any unit. What attacks are the best to use for charging the summon gauge? If normal attacks are just for the LB meter maybe I'll just try doing that challenge with Siren on a unit for the 10k karma to buy materials I need.

Normal attacks, barrage, counters and chains

Stay alive and vigilant against her attacks and adjust as needed

Dont be afraid to burns some items

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom