• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDarkness

Lack of provoke hurts. Definitely try and work towards that

I was under the impression that Cecil got it naturally at some point. Found out later that wasn't the case. It was too late to get it now since it's buried deep in the tree and I don't have enough points to get there. I'll definitely go that route in the future. Not sure why they don't just give it to tanks automatically instead of forcing us to use an esper, but oh well. I'll have to survive without it.

Valentus

My group is...

6* Cecil (Shiva), 6* CoD (Ifirit), 6* Refia (Siren), 5* Rydia (Ramuh), 5* WoL (Golem)

(Note: I don't have Provoke. I didn't realize that Golem has it buried in his 2* tree. Something to get in the future.)

can you replace rydia for another character? i dont have one lmao

Syntsui

Guys, Shellga tanks the fuck out of Rune. Cheer/Embolden + 2 units with cover take care of the physical attacks. Keep these up, heal when necessary and slowly build the esper bar with Barrage attacks from CoD.

Shouta

There's also a free 6* unit right? Mog!!!

Yeah, a FFBE moogle is available from the event and he has gear that's unique to him.

Elza hits like 30k per hit, with a total of 180k per skill

My cod hits 250-300k per call of the void. Its more fast to kill maxwell with my cod.

im reading in reddit that the other reward is full break materia??????

New materia is "World Destruction" and it's an AOE attack that ignores some defense and lowers all stats on an opponents. No idea of the stat downs are equal or better than Full Break though.

Acerac

Banned
Lack of provoke hurts. Definitely try and work towards that

It just occurred to me that my Demon Rain was on Ifrit because provoke wasn't helping with the encounters I was doing. I wonder if I stack my defensive materia on him it'd be a difference maker?

Granted, I still need a way to get Diabolos summoned. With Rydia currently at 5* lvl 32 that shouldn't be out of the question to be able to do today.
Guys, Shellga tanks the fuck out of Rune. Cheer/Embolden + 2 units with cover take care of the physical attacks. Keep these up, heal when necessary and slowly build the esper bar with Barrage attacks from CoD.

Wait, does shellga stack on top of focus? I feel that even with my buffs up I get randomly murdered. I should pay attention to exactly what attacks are doing it to me next fight...

Rokuren

Since I got Refia to 100 this morning and dual cast over night I decided to give it a try.

On the plus side I managed to win and evoke Diablos; I even managed to evoke Golem later on in the fight.

On the negative people died tons of times and I misjudged the limit break kill by less than the value of a single auto-attack by Lightning.

The closest parts were when Endless almost wiped me and when I accidentally auto-attacked with Refia instead of dual-casting two revives. I think the kill took me 12 turns or so; so I need to re-evaluate if I want to try for no-kill and kill with LB.

P7WST9c.png

Syntsui

It just occurred to me that my Demon Rain was on Ifrit because provoke wasn't helping with the encounters I was doing. I wonder if I stack my defensive materia on him it'd be a difference maker?

Granted, I still need a way to get Diabolos summoned. With Rydia currently at 5* lvl 32 that shouldn't be out of the question to be able to do today.

Wait, does shellga stack on top of focus? I feel that even with my buffs up I get randomly murdered. I should pay attention to exactly what attacks are doing it to me next fight...
I don't have units with Focus, Shellga alone is enough.

EDarkness

can you replace rydia for another character? i dont have one lmao

Heh, heh. I thought you had Rydia, man. Hell, I thought everyone had Rydia by now. My pool of good characters at cap is low. I have...

Kain 5*, Exdeath 5*, Terra 5*, Celes 5*, Artemios 5*, Locke 5*, Leo 5*, Lenna 5*, Kefka 5*

Working on building up a few others like Arc, Ignus, Firion, Black Cat Lid, and Tellah. They're too far away from 5* to worry about now, though.

Acerac

Banned
I don't see how it would given that they both give +40% SPR.

I'll take whatever I can get at this point. I didn't think they would but all the burnt stamina makes me desperate for answers.
I don't have units with Focus, Shellga alone is enough.
Fair enough. My FB is Vaan so it's pretty much tied to my Focus. Might be worth knowing for key turns in the fight though.

Alkez

I did it GAF!!!! I finally did it. With a 4* Rydia no less. Was complete rng and relied on the black belt to generate orbs and crystals, but I've finally done it.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED GUMI?!?!

yN3nYyWl.png

I will not be going for the 10k, I've wasted too much NRG on this RNG bs.

Thanks to Rob for the full break tip, Scarlet for the guide he gave me, Celegus for your CoD (again!), And Valentus for all the work you've been putting in for the GAF community. I'm so glad I'm a part of this tread :)

Again congrats to everyone who's done it so far (especially CCIE, glad you finally for through it!)

Counter tip? Would you be so kind as to explain for those who missed out? Heh, heh.

Maxwell chucks out multihits like crazy

If you have a Tank thats is covering and provoking and taking all those hits then he has so many chances to counter and generate orbs and crystals

I know my Cecil was countering like 4-5 times after a volley in a row and generating crystals eact time

You either need a counter materia (sabin tm) or a black belt (30 star quartz)

EDarkness

Maxwell chucks out multihits like crazy

If you have a Tank thats is covering and provoking and taking all those hits then he has so many chances to counter and generate orbs and crystals

I know my Cecil was countering like 4-5 times after a volley in a row and generating crystals eact time

You either need a counter materia (sabin tm) or a black belt (30 star quartz)

Oh damn. That's awesome. I don't have either. Hmmm...I have 30 Star Quartz that I wanted to use for another earring, but I wonder if I could get the Black Belt instead....

Acerac

Banned
Black belt probably doesn't stack with innate abilities, right?

It prolly shouldn't be needed if I just have Demon Rain provoke I'd assume.

creid

I have no 6* damage dealers, no OP CoD friends, not enough star quartzes for the counter materia, no WoL, and no TM gear. I can barely get Maxwell down to 70% with a decent friend unit before the damage gets to be too much. Agrias is my only full breaker, and she doesn't have much to contribute when she isn't breaking. Chizuru's damage is pretty sad, and she doesn't live long. Rydia doesn't get anywhere near a full LB meter. This event just makes me sad.

c-murph

Not sure if this old or not, but the current ToS

. 2. Services And Content Use Restrictions
(L) Use Or Distribute "Auto" Software Programs, "Macro" Software Programs Or Other "Cheat Utility" Software Program Or Applications;

https://lapis-news.gumi.sg/en/content/userpolicysin/index_i.html#en

Several months ago i thought that someone from Reddit contacted Gumi to confirm about this things, so is using NOX/MEMU okay or not?

Its always been there from what I hear. GUMI just hasn't started acting on it. I'd assume they won't since people as constantly feeding $ into the game through farming. But use at your own risk.

Alkez

Oh damn. That's awesome. I don't have either. Hmmm...I have 30 Star Quartz that I wanted to use for another earring, but I wonder if I could get the Black Belt instead....

Yeah I debated over whether it was worth the star quartz, but being able to gain meter on the defence is so nice in this fight that I would recommend it. You're going to get star quartz through arena anyways.

What karma items should I focus on before the event ends as a new player? I already got all 100 cactuars, and I've gotten 3 summon tickets and the Vernard. I figure I'll get about 20k more karma before I get burned out and stop doing the event. So I could either get both Destroyer's Authorities, or I could clean out the rest of the rare summon tickets, or I could buy 6* awakening materials (I've got a few maxed 5* already but no summoning materials).

Or I could abandon all of the above and go straight for the Trust Moogle. Thoughts?

UrSuLeTzU

All of this arguing over Maxwell and "cheating". Come on guys, we're all friends here. Besides, Maxwell is ridiculously easy, anyone can beat her. Hell, this guy/gal beats her in one turn. Difficult? Pfft!

https://youtu.be/rn1wnAoU5gQ

The hell is a celestial glove and where do I get one from? Also that pink whale basterd did like 2 million dmg with that Lightning&Elza harem, I mean she was already ded but it kept going and going and omg, stahp it already.. I shed a single tear for that poor Maxwell :C

wilstreak

Also remember that Iphones has inbuild touch controls. Gumi cant ban them, or they break their contract with Apple.

Welp, i am using Android. But i do have an iPad if it is to be safer.

But is there actually any player getting banned both in global or JP until now?
From what i can find, some people are getting their account suspended in Brave Frontier, but not Exvius.

Flambe

Whew, attempted Maxwell three times. First time I didn't pick a great friend unit and died horribly.

Second time friend unit was too strong and killed Max way before I could get esper built up, but got the no KO at least and completion.

Third one I threw on Charlotte to replace Lightning to make the fight a bit longer, though I picked another friend unit that was too strong so I ended up having it just fucking defend half the time so Max wouldn't die before I built up enough summon juice. Still wouldn't have done if Max didn't Ressurect/heal but just managed to get it done so that's nice unless I hit it later for limit burst.

The hell is a celestial glove and where do I get one from? Also that pink whale basterd did like 2 million dmg with that Lightning&Elza harem, I mean she was already ded but it kept going and going and omg, stahp it already.. I shed a single tear for that poor Maxwell :C

damn his friends list is packed with people that are ATK 600 + I have like 0 such friends haha

Valentus

Heh, heh. I thought you had Rydia, man. Hell, I thought everyone had Rydia by now. My pool of good characters at cap is low. I have...

Kain 5*, Exdeath 5*, Terra 5*, Celes 5*, Artemios 5*, Locke 5*, Leo 5*, Lenna 5*, Kefka 5*

Working on building up a few others like Arc, Ignus, Firion, Black Cat Lid, and Tellah. They're too far away from 5* to worry about now, though.

ok, that's what i did:

Cecil (mine 5star, never used provoke because you dont have it)
Garnet (thats your rydia. I never used any spell of garnet... she was there only for the LB and using items if needed)
Lenna (thats your refia. My refia isnt lvl 100 yet)
WoL
My Cloud of Darkness
Cloud of Darkness scrub friend with ifrit (to emulate your CoD)

Its possible, but you must get used to the fight, have confidence of which skill Maxwell uses the next turn, anticipate your embolden and full break before turn 3, and things like that... in the video explains it better. You have Cecil 6star and Refia, so it should be even more easy for you.

I find amusing that CoD's normal attacks generated more crystals than barrage, thats the reason i used normal attacks.

I find annoying that i had to use my own CoD to evoke diabolos. Maybe you should think equipping diabolos on Rydia or WoL?

Well, here's the video. Good luck summoning diabolos.

EDarkness

ok, that's what i did:

Garnet (thats your rydia. I never used any spell of garnet... she was there only for the LB and using items if needed)
WoL
My Cloud of Darkness

Its possible, but you must get used to the fight, have confidence of which skill Maxwell uses the next turn, anticipate your embolden and full break before turn 3, and things like that... in the video explains it better. You have Cecil 6star and Refia, so it should be even more easy for you.

I find amusing that CoD's normal attacks generated more crystals than barrage, thats the reason i used normal attacks.

I find annoying that i had to use my own CoD to evoke diabolos. Maybe you should think equipping diabolos on Rydia or WoL?

Awesome. Thanks for the video. I'm gonna give it a try in a few minutes. I have a couple of Hyper pots now, so I should be able to get it done.

Acerac

Banned
Huh, just realized that the most annoying part about getting Rydia going is the quest line to get hyper pots. Oh well, probably worth knocking out some old quests at this point.

Any suggestions for quests that pay off particularly well?

UrSuLeTzU

Is 6* Maxwell any good? Contemplating whether I should level her up or not.

Ofc she is but her 6* form is pretty far into the future. You can still get the bonus for Karma for the event so yeah I leveled mine since I have Gugnir and the death scythe. Gonna replace Kain for a bit in the arena and see how she performs.

Razmos

Managed to beat Maxwell with the help of a 637 attack dual wielding Dark Knight Cecil with Deathbringer and Barrage. Didn't get any of the other conditions but I'm happy with the 2 5% trust Moogles, which I've put towards getting a Deathbringer of my own.

EDarkness

Just tried it again and the first time didn't go so well. Ended up not getting enough esper orbs to fill the bar up, even though I was able to get Rydia to use her LB. The RNG wasn't doing me any favors that time. The next time around, I realized early on that it wasn't going to happen after a few rounds of not getting any orbs. Decided to just take her out and finished Maxwell with no deaths.

Gonna try again in a few minutes to see if I can get luckier on the esper orbs. It REALLY hates me today. The last couple of times I didn't get one orb after multiple regular attacks. Frustrating. Well, one of the three missions down...two more to go.

LucaMac

Friend code 792,607,426

6* Delita at the moment but considering swapping to Maxwell if people are still farming Vargus? I'll be doing so now anyway seeing as I actually have an event unit now. May go back for the finish Maxwell off with a LB too at some stage and try not to die.

It was very much about learning the patterns and keeping the HP topped up. Did it with a team of 6* Delita 6* Cecil, 6* Refia, 5* Ingus and 5* Lenna with Valentus' COD on my first run, where I murdered her far too fast and a specifically weaker one to drag it out. The Black Belt/Counter thing made all the difference in summoning Diablos for sure.

windfish

ok, that's what i did:

WoL
My Cloud of Darkness

Amazing, just got myself a "free" 5* :D
Your video was a pretty good starting point, switched a few things and went all in - worked on my first try.

Party - Cecil/Diablos Rydia/Golem Tiltih/Ramuth CoD/Ifrit Agrias/Shiva

Giving Diablos to Cecil was the most important part since he had the best chance to survive - killed Maxwell on turn 5 with only Cecil and both CoD left. I might not have made it if I could not have pulled another Void Chain.

This is how I did it:

Agrias - Full Break
Tilith - Celestial Light
Cod + Friend - Chain Void
Rydia - Hyper
Cecil Provoke

Tilith - Healing
Cecil - Concentration
CoD + Friend - Chain Void
Agrias - Full Break
Rydia - Attack

Tilith - Rainbow
Cecil - Curaja
Agrias - Cleansing Strike
Rydia - Attack
CoD + Friend - Attack

Rydia - LB - Yay
Cecil - Curaja
Agrias - Full Break
Tilith - Celestial Light
CoD + Friend - Chain Void

Cecil: SUMMON
CoD + Friend: KILL IT WITH VOID FIRE

So yeah keep at it EDarkness :D
and again Thank you Valentus :)

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Val the real MVP of FFBE

How many people am I not friends with as of now too? I'll probably open up more slots now or later depending. Specifically if I get another 5* Base unit. I'll do another 25 to 30 to help all of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom