• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

NomarTyme

Took this discussion from Reddit JP Anniversary thread

Sieppaa.PNG

So team of 5 Shantottos in arena in the future...

In action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r79sGF0Udc0&t=239s

Valentus

Amazing, just got myself a "free" 5* :D
Your video was a pretty good starting point, switched a few things and went all in - worked on my first try.

Party - Cecil/Diablos Rydia/Golem Tiltih/Ramuth CoD/Ifrit Agrias/Shiva

Giving Diablos to Cecil was the most important part since he had the best chance to survive - killed Maxwell on turn 5 with only Cecil and both CoD left. I might not have made it if I could not have pulled another Void Chain.

This is how I did it:

Agrias - Full Break
Tilith - Celestial Light
Cod + Friend - Chain Void
Rydia - Hyper
Cecil Provoke

Tilith - Healing
Cecil - Concentration
CoD + Friend - Chain Void
Agrias - Full Break
Rydia - Attack

Tilith - Rainbow
Cecil - Curaja
Agrias - Cleansing Strike
Rydia - Attack
CoD + Friend - Attack

Rydia - LB - Yay
Cecil - Curaja
Agrias - Full Break
Tilith - Celestial Light
CoD + Friend - Chain Void

Cecil: SUMMON
CoD + Friend: KILL IT WITH VOID FIRE

So yeah keep at it EDarkness :D
and again Thank you Valentus :)

glad it worked out! awesome pal congratz :D

if anyone need more vids or strategies with their current parties let me know.

Whales

Banned
glad it worked out! awesome pal congratz :D

if anyone need more vids or strategies with their current parties let me know.

5*Cecil without provoke
430 ATK lightning
Chizuru ( or kefka)
Refia
Tilith
Any friend ( I try using your CoD or some Elza's with 520+atk)

if you manage to do it youre a champ

Razmos

Dark Knight Cecil's Dark Cannon is a lot of fun in arena. Pretty much guaranteed to kill something with a dual dark cannon and a dual Blizzaga

What karma items should I focus on before the event ends as a new player? I already got all 100 cactuars, and I've gotten 3 summon tickets and the Vernard. I figure I'll get about 20k more karma before I get burned out and stop doing the event. So I could either get both Destroyer's Authorities, or I could clean out the rest of the rare summon tickets, or I could buy 6* awakening materials (I've got a few maxed 5* already but no summoning materials).

Or I could abandon all of the above and go straight for the Trust Moogle. Thoughts?

Bump for new page

Okay, so I just realized I have 3 Shantotos and 2 Gaffgarions lying around, both of which have TMs that would be really useful.

So, I know I said I wouldn't be doing the TM farming thing, but... well... I guess I'll be doing the TM farming thing, especially since I got Maxwell and I'm done with the event for now.

I'm going to do the farming manually and casually, and I know the basics. But where I get confused is with the percentages. With three of the same unit, I need them to equal 90% before the fuse, right? So get each of them to around 30%? And with the 2 units, I need to get them to almost 50% before the fuse, right?

Thanks for the help. I couldn't find a simple enough guide out there that broke down this part.

Rixa

Definitely my most expected upgrade in the game. Ja-spells are powerful as fuck.

So this is what Shantotto in serious mode looks like :eek:
I'm good with my 8 Shantotto lol

Double lol :)

Screenshot_20161120-004303.png

One is max level, at some point I need to level 4 more. I think Ill pull one 4* Shanty so not going to waste materials for 3* ones... Or then again just for giggles evolve those 100% 3* ones.

Syntsui

Thanks. Looks like it's about the same to get 2 guys to 80 as it is to get 1 guy to 100. Guess I'll get cecil and CoD to 80 instead of going for CoD 100 then.

Is Chamber of Riches the best way to get gil?
The best way to get Gil is from selling repeated materials from TM farming. You can also level up useless units and sell them for a lot of Gil. Chamber of riches is a waste of energy tbh.

Xion86

Still have 13 Shantottos left...:p

For TM farming I'm starting to clear up a load of dupes I have now, like Luna, Golbez, Kefka. Alma, Arc, Shantotto, but I never know how many to keep at the end haha, thought I'll just keep maybe 3 of the good ones.

Yeah Im swimming in shantotto

Guess Ill hold onto 5 of them lol

Got Dual Cast recently and now now grinding out an Auto Limit and Rising sun and just starting a Growth egg

I think Ill move on to Bracers, Save the Queen, Letter and Arms etc..

So many trust mastery to chase....

Xion86

Yeah Im swimming in shantotto

Guess Ill hold onto 5 of them lol

Got Dual Cast recently and now now grinding out an Auto Limit and Rising sun and just starting a Growth egg

I think Ill move on to Bracers, Save the Queen, Letter and Arms etc..

So many trust mastery to chase....

I know right! I'm going to for Rising Sun next too alongside my first Cecil. With that I'll go for Barrage and then Lordy Robe or Omnirod.

Currently got Cecil, Luna, Luna, Luna, Luna to get one Barrage quickly as I had so many of her.

I have 3 trust moggles, who should I give them too? I have no TM rewards so far

Zidane! Dual wield is the best. I'm almost to my first one (and my first premium tm), it's at like 87%...so I guess not almost but getting close!

I was able to summon diabolos and barely managed to win, in the end it was just Cecil and Valentus' CoD... Would have died next turn but barrage finished Maxwell off. Pretty excited to have beaten that challenge, thanks Valentus for your guides and character! Team was Cecil, Refia, BCL, Ingus, and a poor man's Artemios (don't think he even has 300 attack? Lol) since he was my only unit with barrage (to get orbs / LB). Didn't get the LB kill but yea

I haven't completed the other objectives but I don't even think I can manage to complete either of them so Oh well. Grinding cactuar dunes so I can level Maxwell and then Arc finally!

Do you guys think it is worth the Karma grind to get these? :

Destroyer's Authority x 2
Guardian's Authority x 2
Demonic Life x 2

I bought the weapons, trust moogle, some 6* (think I have like 40ish of each 6* mat now), all the summon tickets and SQ.

Lyrian

the hp+10% materias are incredibly useful. Collect them all.

15% you mean or the Authority materia?

Yes, HP is king. You can potentially heal back from anything (or kill anything in retaliation) as long as you have the HP to survive their attacks.

Tickets are generally high priority. The materia are reasonably priced as well, as they give a little extra oomph over the usual HP+10% materia.

Well it's too late, I already bought all the 6* awakening materials. Oh well, if I get lucky and pull out a couple more metal god runs then maybe I'll go for them still. But I'm limited in how often I can do it, because only 2 friends on my list can clear it for me, and one of them (Val) is currently using CoD who can't clear it. So I only do it when ud shows up (Not sure who this is on GAF btw, but thanks!)

I went for the awakening mats because I figure it has the best odds of getting me to the point that I can clear the next event on my own quicker than the other stuff. I should have a 6* CoD and Cecil by tomorrow, and I think that's pretty good for having only been playing 7 days and no money spent yet :)

Well it's too late, I already bought all the 6* awakening materials. Oh well, if I get lucky and pull out a couple more metal god runs then maybe I'll go for them still. But I'm limited in how often I can do it, because only 2 friends on my list can clear it for me, and one of them (Val) is currently using CoD who can't clear it. So I only do it when ud shows up (Not sure who this is on GAF btw, but thanks!)

I went for the awakening mats because I figure it has the best odds of getting me to the point that I can clear the next event on my own quicker than the other stuff. I should have a 6* CoD and Cecil by tomorrow, and I think that's pretty good for having only been playing 7 days and no money spent yet :)

If you have a tank, a max level maxwell can carry You. Remember you can use an escape unit to "skip" the first two rounds (at least I think so) to get right to the end. Maxwell's nemesis move destroys. I know there aren't many yet, but they definitely can do it. A 430+luneth can just about solo it. Lightnings are tougher, she deals with earlier rounds better BUT has a tougher time with Vargas.

Especially with a CoD. She chews through Vargas pretty well.

And getting that sweet 100% increase on karma is truly excellent when you encounter metal gods

Lyrian

That's not a bad compromise. Obtaining a potent and complete 6* unit is fairly game changing. The power of a 6* unit is far beyond any 5* unit in the game, so you did not decide poorly with your decision.

Well was able to Chain Void maxwell to death. Now to work on Evoking Diablos....

I tried to set up Nox for TM farming but it looks like Lapis doesn't carry over between iOS and Android? :( That's a bummer.

It's not a huge deal, just be mindful where you acquire lapis from. I fire up Nox every night for TM farming, no issues w/ Lapis.

Finally, Dual Wield! Can't decide if I should do the Dunes or continue to TM farm (2 Dualcasts at 63% each, with 10% Moogle power available) or get some Karma for 6* materials. If I try really hard, I could get Call of Duty to 100...

I've got 4 Lockes, so Rising Sun shouldn't be hard...

Question: is level 10 LB for Cecil enough, or should I wait for 15?

Lyrian

I tried to set up Nox for TM farming but it looks like Lapis doesn't carry over between iOS and Android? :( That's a bummer.

Afraid not. Lapis doesn't transfer between operating systems, although free lapis will transfer between accounts on Android (phone + emulator, for example) but not purchased lapis (Amazon coins lapis does not mesh with Google Play lapis).

Lyrian

Your call, depending on the situation.

Do you already have another 6* Cecil? If yes, then maybe. If not, then no. A 6* maxed out Cecil is far more valuable right now than the 5% bonus to his LB buffs by grinding out those LB levels first.

Syrus

Banned
Finally, Dual Wield! Can't decide if I should do the Dunes or continue to TM farm (2 Dualcasts at 63% each, with 10% Moogle power available) or get some Karma for 6* materials. If I try really hard, I could get Call of Duty to 100...

I upgraded to 6 once his LB hit 9.

Thats good enough almost 60% boost to atk def spr

Your call, depending on the situation.

Do you already have another 6* Cecil? If yes, then maybe. If not, then no. A 6* maxed out Cecil is far more valuable right now than the 5% bonus to his LB buffs by grinding out those LB levels first.

I've got 3 Cecils total: a 5* with a level 1 LB (7% TM), a 4* with a level 10 LB (and 55% to Excalibur), and a never-touched 3*.

Also: MAXWELL DOWN via LB and Diabolos. That was the most exciting fight in the entire game.

Lyrian

I've got 3 Cecils total: a 5* with a level 1 LB (7% TM), a 4* with a level 10 LB (and 55% to Excalibur), and a never-touched 3*.

Also: MAXWELL DOWN via LB and Diabolos. That was the most exciting fight in the entire game.

Grats on the win.

If you want to keep the grind going, you could take the 5* Cecil to 6* as a temp until you finish grinding to 15 on your "real" Cecil. That's a lot of "wasted" XP on the temp Cecil, if you go that route.

The grind from 10-15 is pretty harsh though, and 4* pots are not that common yet.

Your call if the extra 5% is worth it or not to you to work up 2 Cecils to 6* max.

the hp+10% materias are incredibly useful. Collect them all.

15% you mean or the Authority materia?

Yes, HP is king. You can potentially heal back from anything (or kill anything in retaliation) as long as you have the HP to survive their attacks.

Thanks, I appreciate the advice guys! Back to the karma grind... Starting to wonder if I could bring some party to Maxwell that could earn the 10k but building LB is a struggle in that fight. My artemios is too weak to do any real damage and unfortunately is my only unit with barrage.

Congrats, that is super exciting! If you don't have any 6* mats it would probably be worth farming karma for them... At least the cheap stacks. For Cecil I'd say if you are hurting for a good tank to just awaken him. That's a lot of LB and we will have opportunities to level it more in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom