• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it'll be more of a challenge than Maxwell was. lul.

Wouldn't surprise me, but I'm really hoping it's not a HUGE buff. I could really use that mace.

Got the switch control thing set up this morning to assist with my TM farming. Must admit... it's pretty slick. Kinda' disturbing to see your phone essentially running itself, though. Feels kinda' Skynet to me.

Abylim

Well I'm happy. My Luneth has 506 atk. My arc has about 330 mag. I feel like I'm doing good damage now

Is Exdeath worth it at 6 * now?

Syntsui

Don't they always boost whatever units are on the banner. Especially the common ones.

Anyways, not pulling on the banner. Ain't nothing of use there that I don't have anyway. Gunna save up for Cid and Rikku or I'll wait for something with way better odds.
They didn't boost CoD on FF3 banner.

hrmmm since the Mace is finally coming out maybe I will combine my Lockes for one Rising Sun instead of fully farming both of them. Combined they are at about 65% atm.....

Valentus

Maybe it'll be more of a challenge than Maxwell was. lul.

It is?

mDiyVPdFhr2cU.gif

2 edgars with wind weapons (wind spear) + Cut Through a Lunneth with Kazekiri Katana (wind element) + ifrit with plant killer unlocked + plant killer materia (mystic woods exploration) should do the trick.

Edit: Well, edgar cant equip spears, what the fuck, in ff6 he can!. Well, coral swords for everybody then!

Kouriozan

Exdeath will be the best 3* base mage.
Then there will be Dark Fina in a few months but she's 5* base.
And after that The Emperor (5* base) will be OK, I guess
Trying to summon Chilly

c-murph

Wouldn't surprise me, but I'm really hoping it's not a HUGE buff. I could really use that mace.

Got the switch control thing set up this morning to assist with my TM farming. Must admit... it's pretty slick. Kinda' disturbing to see your phone essentially running itself, though. Feels kinda' Skynet to me.

In all honesty my team was able to cut down Maxwell and last basically forever against her. But I can't see them boosting the plant to those levels to offer that much of a challenge. Especialy for a mace weapon.I'm sure the biggest issue for me will be the inevitable, "Kill with an Esper" challenge.

Any one know how all these Man-Eaters stack? Call of Duty with Man-Eater, Diabolos and the Mace would equate to 150% extra damage against feeble mens, right?

It is?

2 edgars with wind weapons (wind spear) + Cut Through a Lunneth with Kazekiri Katana (wind element) + ifrit with plant killer unlocked + plant killer materia (mystic woods exploration) should do the trick.

lmao

bonkeng

Hmmm, I wonder who's turn it is to shine for Antenora.

CoD was mvp for Maxwell.

Cecil is Arena king.

Lightning murdered Wiegraf and Loffrey.

Elza doused Vargas' flames.

I'm guessing Firion with his Plant Eater, but at 5*, he might be too squishy.

It is?

Edit: Well, edgar cant equip spears, what the fuck, in ff6 he can!. Well, coral swords for everybody then!

Why Wind? I thought some of the parts are resistant to wind.

Syntsui

CoD was mvp for Maxwell.

Cecil is Arena king.

In theory, all of the units you mentioned will be equally good as long as they stack the plant killer.

Valentus

CoD was mvp for Maxwell.

Cecil is Arena king.

Lunneth and Edgar. Equip Coral Swords on both edgars and a Lunneth with Sakurafubuki in the main hand, and coral sword in the off-hand. Cut Through with that elemental chain and you should be able to fuck him hard

Why Wind? I thought some of the parts are resistant to wind.

because the part that must concern you (the head) is vulnerable to wind? But anyway, edgar cant equip spears, so that plan is discarded. Only coral swords (the head isnt inmune to lightning)

bonkeng

In theory, all of the units you mentioned will be equally good as long as they stack the plant killer.

But, no innate. Firion can have triple plant eater. Too bad he's not 6* yet.

Lunneth and Edgar. Equip Coral Swords on both edgars and a Lunneth with Sakurafubuki in the main hand, and coral sword in the off-hand. Cut Through with that elemental chain and you should be able to fuck him hard

Well, most of us here have no Luneth.

Any unit that can sub for him? Lightning with Crushing Blow?

because the part that must concern you (the head) is vulnerable to wind? But anyway, edgar cant equip spears, so that plan is discarded. Only coral swords (the head isnt inmune to lightning)

Good thing I leveled 3 Edgars :-]

Valentus

But, no innate. Firion can have triple plant eater. Too bad he's not 6* yet.

Well, most of us here have no Luneth.

Any unit that can sub for him? Lightning with Crushing Blow?

Good thing I leveled 3 Edgars :-]

Eh, im reading that you cant kill the head before the other parts, so the edgar strategy is canned too! lmao xD

Anyway, i can see this:

Use an Op Elza and cast her Barrage, and pray that she doesnt kill the head first xD

c-murph

Eh, im reading that you cant kill the head before the other parts, so the edgar strategy is canned too! lmao xD

Anyway, i can see this:

Use an Op Elza and cast her Barrage, and pray that she doesnt kill the head first xD

That's my plan. Plant Killer plus Ravaging Blow, followed by Madness Rush.

CCIE

Banned
Well, all I have left to do is kill Maxwell with a LB... Catch up the story. Farm SC. And those 22 Gigantuars I managed to collect will come in handy to get a head start on ExDeath

I have 2 ExDeath, and a Bartz at max 5* waiting for this week. It will be glorious

Oh and farm TMR - daily pull another Luna. One more, and I will have to pull the TM team for a week for quick Barrage. Though no idea who to stick it on

2 Tickets, or the Demonic Life materia? Or the Attackers Authority materia? I'm thinking maybe two AA materia, and forego the tickets.

Thoughts? The Guardian materia are a Godsend. Straight up worth the 16K Karma

KeRaSh

Wow... All those elemental resistances... So Mage teams are fucked? Good thing I pulled DKC and CoD. Might have to focus on maxing CoD before ExDeath 6* to shine in the event unless a beefy friend unit can carry me through.

Well, all I have left to do is kill Maxwell with a LB... Catch up the story. Farm SC. And those 22 Gigantuars I managed to collect will come in handy to get a head start on ExDeath

I have 2 ExDeath, and a Bartz at max 5* waiting for this week. It will be glorious

Oh and farm TMR - daily pull another Luna. One more, and I will have to pull the TM team for a week for quick Barrage. Though no idea who to stick it on

2 Tickets, or the Demonic Life materia? Or the Attackers Authority materia? I'm thinking maybe two AA materia, and forego the tickets.

Dont miss out on the Demonic Life materias

seriously

Rootbeer

Banned
Spent so much time working on getting a few of my newer units to 5* and 6* I have completely neglected my 3* Firion. And just when he'd come in really useful... drat.

I also don't have two edgars. Been crossing my fingers on a 2nd one for weeks. Hope it happens soon!

Syntsui

Spent so much time working on getting a few of my newer units to 5* and 6* I have completely neglected my 3* Firion. And just when he'd come in really useful... drat.

I also don't have two edgars. Been crossing my fingers on a 2nd one for weeks. Hope it happens soon!
Edgar's niche died with the colosseum though.

CCIE

Banned
I may have to wait on the trial... I don't have Firion, and only one Edgar. No DW either. What is the plant resistant to?

Also, when the Hell will we see the FFXIII banner? I wouldn't mind Hope and Snow!

Wes

venison crêpe
First time posting in here - been F2P playing for a while but coming stuck on evoking Diablos. Whilst I've already cleared it for the TM moogles.

Have CoD (carrying Diablos), Arias (Full Break), Charlotte (Best tank I have), Bartz and Refia. No TMs.

I only cleared due to a whale friend Elza... who simply kills her too quick to evoke (Turn 5/6 I think it was). I feel like the only way I can summon Diablos is replace Barth with a Garnet (which I would need to level from scratch).

Is it worth me investing here a lot of Metal Gigantaurs (from the100 available in the event) in to Garnet for a chance of Maxwell now... or save them for Bartz 6*?

c-murph

First time posting in here - been F2P playing for a while but coming stuck on evoking Diablos. Whilst I've already cleared it for the TM moogles.

Have CoD (carrying Diablos), Arias (Full Break), Charlotte (Best tank I have), Bartz and Refia. No TMs.

I only cleared due to a whale friend Elza... who simply kills her too quick to evoke (Turn 5/6 I think it was). I feel like the only way I can summon Diablos is replace Barth with a Garnet (which I would need to level from scratch).

Is it worth me investing here a lot of Metal Gigantaurs (from the100 available in the event) in to Garnet for a chance of Maxwell now... or save them for Bartz 6*?

Your call. Maxwell will be back again someday probably... But you can technically level Bartz anytime. That's the way I see it anyway.

Hey bud!

Glad you are joining the thread fun.

Hmm Well you could try using CoD friend. After that its just optimizing. Stacking HP, Def and Spirit on Key units. If you havent already i would recommend getting the Black belt, event Materia, and Provoke on Golem

We HAVE had people score maxwell on here with comparable teams. Charlotte has Shellga, Agrias with Full Break. Take Diabolos OFF your CoD. You are better off letting a Friend Summon Cod do the summon for you so you can focus on Defense.

Garnet would be very useful but especially if you put counter/provoke on your tank. Charlotte could generate enough crystals to get the Limit Break and seal the deal. You really have to be smart. Micro Manage buffs and debuffs

I cannot stress enough how important debuff and buff counting/control is.

Lyrian

Hey @Lyrian. Can I add this to OP (and future OPs)?
Explains nicely what kind of game this is.

Sure, go for it. It was something I came up quickly, but I can clean it up a bit for future reference if needed. Editted the post with Shouta's advice, so grab the revised post.

Story gets interesting later though. =o

Duly noted. I tweaked the message to be much more well-balanced about being patient for the story to get going.

When I die, I want Yellow Crystals to carry me. So that they may let me down one last time.

Ice frigging cold. Brutal.

Whew!

Nice update! I wonder why the are holding back on the event announcement

Maybe they will stretch it a couple weeks?>

Anyways

Daily - Muther effin GARLAND!

Sweet thats my first one!

They probably won't announce the new event until this one winds down, Wednesday at the earliest, if not Thursday.

Grats on the Garland, as he is still eluding me.

Dont miss out on the Demonic Life materias

seriously

Still farming karma to claim them. They will be mine though.

-- Daily pull: Another Kain. Someday, I should probably TM farm a Gungnir.

bonkeng

I agree that Guardian is worth it, specially for tanks and healers.

But AA is most likely put on a physical or mage damage dealer, and you'd want more atk or mag on them. 10% atk materia recipe is coming with the latest update, so that AA might be obsolete in a few days.

Demonic Life is niche. You need to lower your health to 50% for it to kick in. And doesn't stack with Cheer Focus or Embolden.

I'd suggest the tickets. You never know, that might be the Snow or Hope you're looking for.
Or a Bedille and Penelo.

I agree that Guardian is worth it, specially for tanks and healers.

But AA is most likely put on a physical or mage damage dealer, and you'd want more atk or mag on them. 10% atk materia recipe is coming with the latest update, so that AA might be obsolete in a few days.

Demonic Life is niche. You need to lower your health to 50% for it to kick in. And doesn't stack with Cheer Focus or Embolden.

I'd suggest the tickets. You never know, that might be the Snow or Hope you're looking for.
Or a Bedille and Penelo.

Demonic life is the life saver materia

When a fight goes bad having it on your Tank and Healer could make or break the run allowing you time to recover even if your previous buffs wear off

I would consider it a good idea for the slot for the toughest and longest encounters

Lyrian

I don't remember does demonic life persist through death? Could end up saving turns/mana on vulnerable units.

It's plausible that a normal Raise would immediately trigger a recast, as Raise is only 30% life.

Full-life wouldn't work, as all buffs and debuffs are wiped clean from a character who gets knocked out.

CCIE

Banned
I could see Demonic Life being a lifesaver in the Arena. The Guardian materia allows Refia with the Muscle Belt to basically survive the first round ONSLAUGHT when I don't get to go first. Also, Osmose is NECESSARY against freaking Elza, and DKC.

Everyone said that Cecil was the MVP of the Arena. It's Elza. Bitch can take all your MP, and annihilate you in one round, depending on what the AI decides to do. She's the first unit I go after these days when I see her in an Arena match. Arc is awesome for this, because with DC he can use one for Osmose, and one for Nuke. If ONLY he could Osmose two different characters in a turn...

Also Refia is AMAZEBALLS in the Arena - to take a term from my son. If I don't get to go first, she gets dead units right back up and ready for battle.

UrSuLeTzU

Well, to be fair, this is also the first banner unit i got. No Seria, No Karl, No Tilith. I might do a desperate 10+1 pull on the last day for Tilith.

Don't do it brah, not worth it. Wasn't angry at you, grats on your Elza, it's this stupid RNG bs that's getting to me. I have my Refia and dual cast at 45%, I'll pull for Tilith again when she gets her 6*, got trolled enough this banner and the last one too, 40+ pulls for Refia smh.

creid

Hey, when setting this up, did you run into anything like this? I still can't get past it:
Does anyone use iOS Switch Control as mentioned in the OP? I tried setting it up last night, but as soon as I turn it on a message comes up saying:

"Switch control changes the gestures used to control your iPad. are you sure you want to continue?"
And it blocks the entire interface until I hit OK or Cancel. Since the switch is only set to hit certain spots on the screen when I tap anywhere, I can't tap OK, so I have to cancel switch control. Doing this kind of thing before enabling a feature seems so stupid, I don't know why they'd do it.

UrSuLeTzU

Tight. Irrationally excited for Bartz, he is one of my fav FF dudes. Shame I don't have an ExD but I will definitely be pulling on the banner for him. Also:

Fought him three times total. First time I killed for moogles, 2nd time I died because I am really dumb and third time got em.
probably not even going to level him til 6* since I don't know what role to use him in

My dual spear wielding Maxwell with Gugnir is a monster in the arena. Buffed Nemesis x2 chained with Ultima and Meteor + Bladeblitz from WoL annihilates most teams in one or 2 turns. BTW, I picked a random Maxwell friend doing some dailies and I chained Endless x2, it did like 60 hits WTF, I thought chains were capped at 20? Wish I had taken a screenshot because it was insane!

Lyrian

Don't do it brah, not worth it. Wasn't angry at you, grats on your Elza, it's this stupid RNG bs that's getting to me. I have my Refia and dual cast at 45%, I'll pull for Tilith again when she gets her 6*, got trolled enough this banner and the last one too, 40+ pulls for Refia smh.

Ditto here. 40+ pulls (all my saved tickets + 10k lapis + a week of dailies; perhaps 45+ pulls) for Refia. I'm more than willing to let Tillith slide to the 2nd BF banner. CoD can cover elemental resistances until then well enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom