• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay... so I know this falls under "world's smallest violin" territory... but I'm starting to think ahead a bit and realized I have so many units right now that I can't pick my main 5.

I know that it will all depend on the situation, as there are definitely specific events/challenges where different types of units shine, but I'm a big fan of finding my "favorites" and mostly sticking with them. That's just how I roll with my games.

But with 6* updates, I'm now getting faced with multiples in specific jobs and I kinda' just want to pick a team and stick with them. With all of that in mind, can someone look over this list and drop their two cents?

Mage: Arc, Kefka, Exdeath
- I'm assuming that Exdeath will be my main once I get him leveled, but will 6* Kefka overtake him? Will Arc ever get a 6*?

Physical: CoD, Bartz, Firion, Maxwell, BCL
- Right now it's CoD, but will the 6* Bartz or Firion be a better unit?

Tank: Cecil, Charlotte
- Obviously Cecil right now. Is there a 6* for Charlotte in the works?

Support/FB: Agrias, Ingus
- I definitely go back and forth here, but usually end up with Agrias because I find her bladeblitz more useful than Ingus' magic. And I'm going to assume that her 6* makes this an even easier choice.

Healer: Refia, Tilith, White Witch Fina, Lenna
- Refia for the moment, although I hear that 6* Tilith is a force to be reckoned with.

And, of course, there's the 6* forms of Rain, Laswell, and Fina coming down the pike.

Argh! How do I keep these units straight and pick my all-star team!!! I know that options are a good thing, but they just plain go against how I like to play my games so it's starting to drive me a bit batty.

ExDeath
CoD
Cecil
Agrias
Refia

Get Bartz and Tilith ready for the future. Youll either eventually replace Agrias or upgrade her to 6 star when she eventually gets it

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
there really is no such thing as a "main 5"

in reality you have:

-- a custom arena team based on this week's needs
-- a custom colosseum team based on the next boss's design (esp. in ADV)
-- a custom banner event team based on that quest's weaknesses
-- a TM team

Like, yeah if you want to floss your best 5 units for a nice screenshot, i get it. But there's really no purpose in spending a lot of time worrying about your most versatile main team. Just build the best team for the event, build the best team for the arena, build your best TM team. These are all different things and we have plenty of slots to sandbag those.

ExDeath
CoD
Cecil
Agrias
Refia

Get Bartz and Tilith ready for the future. Youll either eventually replace Agrias or upgrade her to 6 star when she eventually gets it

Rock on. That's kinda' the team I had in my head, as well.

there really is no such thing as a "main 5"

in reality you have:

-- a custom arena team based on this week's needs
-- a custom colosseum team based on the next boss's design (esp. in ADV)
-- a custom banner event team based on that quest's weaknesses
-- a TM team

Like, yeah if you want to floss your best 5 units for a nice screenshot, i get it. But there's really no purpose in spending a lot of time worrying about your most versatile main team. Just build the best team for the event, build the best team for the arena, build your best TM team. These are all different things and we have plenty of slots to sandbag those.

This is all very true. I know it's such a minor nitpick, but my main issue with that is equipment. I don't have enough gear to set up 2 or 3 different units in each role. So setting up the gear every time I want to use a different team is a pain in the ass. I just prefer to get one team as my main go-to team and switch out a member now and again if it suits the need.

This is all very true. I know it's such a minor nitpick, but my main issue with that is equipment. I don't have enough gear to set up 2 or 3 different units in each role. So setting up the gear every time I want to use a different team is a pain in the ass. I just prefer to get one team as my main go-to team and switch out a member now and again if it suits the need.

Would LOVE the ability to have more teams AND have each team exist independently, so that you could equip each with the best weapons. As it is, I've got one main team that I use for everything, a bonus unit team, and a TM team. I don't even bother equipping anything but my main team...

Would LOVE the ability to have more teams AND have each team exist independently, so that you could equip each with the best weapons. As it is, I've got one main team that I use for everything, a bonus unit team, and a TM team. I don't even bother equipping anything but my main team...

Yup. I'm in that same boat. I have one main team, a backup team that I keep sorta' equipped, and a TM team that I don't even bother to equip.

So it's really just one set of good equipment and enough rag-tag stuff lying around to get one or two units at least kinda' geared up. But that's all I have, so I'd like to focus mainly on one "main" team going forward and every once in a while sub someone in if they're killer for a specific event.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck

no no i 100000% get this and agree.

So since the unit calculator was updated I was able to get an exact idea of what my Luneth will look like soon.

Luneth 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Sakurafubuki +98ATK
Left Hand: Moon Blade +118ATK
Head: Black Cowl +28ATK+25DEF+25SPR+100%Sleep
Body: Brave Suit +51DEF+15%ATK+15%MAG
Accessory 1: Bracer +30ATK+15%HP
Accessory 2: Bracer +30ATK+15%HP
Ability 1: ATK +10% +10% ATK
Ability 2: Blade Mastery +50% ATK Katana
Ability 3: Lunge Combo +10%MP+20%ATK+20%DEF
Ability 4: Power of Creation +30% ATK +30% MAG
Esper: Ifrit HP:4500 MP:2200 ATK:5100 DEF:2800 MAG:2100 SPR:2100
Total Stats: HP: 5482 MP: 192 ATK: 756 DEF: 256 MAG: 187 SPR: 163

Not bad.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
(imaging a QOL upgrade where we can quickly switch equip between particular archetype units)

(i honestly love juggling equipment and getting them just so, though)

Zalasta

Well, finally finished Maxwell. Full break really did make the difference, had to spent the rest of the weekend in dunes to level Agrias. Thank you to Celegus for your CoD's help in getting me the evoke off and the LB (I was actually going to go for the no death one because I had 0 orbs by about 50%). Thank you to Valentus CoD for the no death run.

Jayhawk

Thanks to the cactuar dunes, my Luneth and Refia are ready to be awakened on my 2-week old account. Now I need to farm their awakening materials. I also pulled 3-star CoD on two straight days from the daily pull.

Lyrian

Its added to almost start of OP.

Cool, thanks!

Whoa

I didnt know 5 was possible from INT

I guess INT is still king

You can get one from every single enemy in theory, so I would imagine even 6 is possible. I've gotten 4 sc 1 hc

Yup. The odds are quite low, but technically every enemy could drop a SC on a single run. Don't bank on that happening though. If it happens, consider it to be a lightning strike and not something that can be realistically duplicated on a regular basis.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
there's no way i can level ingus from 35/60 to 80/80 in a couple days, is there? not without refills, right? even if i use every NRG from here until the end of the maxwell banner on maranda coast?

CCIE

Banned
Wow, with the current round of TM's I will be able to get my Lightning to 615 ATK... just total crap in comparison. Still, it isn't too bad - she will also be 70% resistant to all elements except for Ice, and 120% resistant to fire. Does that mean that fire heals you?

tuffymon

So since the unit calculator was updated I was able to get an exact idea of what my Luneth will look like soon.

Luneth 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Sakurafubuki +98ATK
Left Hand: Moon Blade +118ATK
Head: Black Cowl +28ATK+25DEF+25SPR+100%Sleep
Body: Brave Suit +51DEF+15%ATK+15%MAG
Accessory 1: Bracer +30ATK+15%HP
Accessory 2: Bracer +30ATK+15%HP
Ability 1: ATK +10% +10% ATK
Ability 2: Blade Mastery +50% ATK Katana
Ability 3: Lunge Combo +10%MP+20%ATK+20%DEF
Ability 4: Power of Creation +30% ATK +30% MAG
Esper: Ifrit HP:4500 MP:2200 ATK:5100 DEF:2800 MAG:2100 SPR:2100
Total Stats: HP: 5482 MP: 192 ATK: 756 DEF: 256 MAG: 187 SPR: 163

Not bad.

Very nice, although its sick to think... 756 isn't the top, and still has room for improvement...

Razmos

Wow, with the current round of TM's I will be able to get my Lightning to 615 ATK... just total crap in comparison. Still, it isn't too bad - she will also be 70% resistant to all elements except for Ice, and 120% resistant to fire. Does that mean that fire heals you?
Unfortunately not. My Dark Knight Cecil has 150% resistance to Dark when equipped with Diabolos, pretty sure it just makes you immune.

Azuran

Banned
Woo I got Dual Wield!

THVa8Cw.jpg

CCIE

Banned
Yeah, I would need to pull a Zidane first as well... Hopefully I can pull one more Gafgarrion for the pair of bracers.

Rixa

My CoD HP was 4035 / 4069 and has 120% Dark resist. Friend DKC attacked CoD with Soul Eater, got "Resist" but didn't heal at all.

CCIE

Banned
GodDamnit!!! 74 win streak in the Arena wiped out because I ran into a team with 4 Lightnings, and CoD. They got to go first. Completely wiped out both of my mages, my healer, and my Lightning and Cecil were standing on their last legs, before I even got a turn. Needless to say I lost. But I took one of the Lightnings with me...

Talk about BS.

Rixa

GodDamnit!!! 74 win streak in the Arena wiped out because I ran into a team with 4 Lightnings, and CoD. They got to go first. Completely wiped out both of my mages, my healer, and my Lightning and Cecil were standing on their last legs. Needless to say I lost. But I took one of the Lightnings with me...

Talk about BS.

This is why you play safe those 100 battles. After you have the trophy, take the risks.

Bleh, I pulled 3* Vaan last night when Cactuar Dunes was almost over, and now there's no real way for me to get him to 5* Lv. 80 in time for the next event :(

So when TM farming its best to have a maxed friend list right?

I'm about to kick on the switch controls, and want to make sure I haven't missed something.

Whales

Banned
updated TM team going ( I have luna and shanttoto at 49%, removed them because these new ones are more useful to me)

Chizuru 40%
Cecil 45%
Miyuki 0%
Zidane 80% (he ate all the trust moogles)
and Maxwell at 0%

Sure, its a long way off, but once this batch is done im gonna get a nice boost for my lightning

Rixa

I was playing it safe. Just a 1.10 multiplier...

I mean, choose the lowest rank always in those 100 fights, dont mind the multiplier.

So when TM farming its best to have a maxed friend list right?

I'm about to kick on the switch controls, and want to make sure I haven't missed something.

Well. I got fed up with those TM shenigans. Dont like how long it takes to use 100k FP + those unclaimed FP friends have send to you.
So now I do TM farming without friend, also faster cause not getting any extra multi hitters (if someone has Dual Wield as 4* or 5* unit).

updated TM team going ( I have luna and shanttoto at 49%, removed them because these new ones are more useful to me)

Chizuru 40%
Cecil 45%
Miyuki 0%
Zidane 80% (he ate all the trust moogles)
and Maxwell at 0%

Sure, its a long way off, but once this batch is done im gonna get a nice boost

Once I know out Zidane and my current doubles Im doing Medius and quads

Tired of grinding 0-100 tms lol

Black Cowl done Lightning is at 619 atk with Ifrit and 582 with Diablos.

Bracer is at 50% between two Gafs. Elza at 16%, Kain at 56%, Just put in Maxwell since Hayate is done with Black Cowl. Ramza will be thrown in there as soon as a slot is free for the Brave Suit. Slowly but surely getting there.

Muku

Had a dude send me a friend request. His message made me think of poor Chilly. His message reads "I got 99 rolls and Tilith aint one..."

Kouriozan

I'm laughing at the new JP trial, seems super hard

EDIT: 1 HOUR AND 30MINUTES RUN LATER OF FAILURE

Killing the Right Arm once makes the body more agressive(more auto attacks). Killing the right arm a 2nd time results in the Left Arm exploding and kicking your team out.

oh and guess what, the left arm will respawn every turn and WILL CONTINUE TO BLOW ITSELF UP(unclear if bug)

dTr8rJWl.jpg
Currently looking for video about it on youtube but couldn't find anything so far.

Whizkid7

Wow, what is going on with today, four metal god spawns in a row. Got me another trust moogle; only thing left now is awakening mats and one last lonely summon ticket.

With Bartz coming soon and my new DKC also in need, I might have to just start buying the expensive awakening mats...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom