• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonkeng

Demonic life is the life saver materia

When a fight goes bad having it on your Tank and Healer could make or break the run allowing you time to recover even if your previous buffs wear off

I would consider it a good idea for the slot for the toughest and longest encounters

Yes, maybe you're right.

It's not a bad materia per se, but its use is a bit limited.

CCIE

Banned
I have only been blessed with one Edgar to date. And still no Rydia to be found. And Bonkeng - you have the most amazing luck!

Your team is beyond stacked at this point. Don't you have most of the base 5* units?

scarlet

I don't have CoD. So I chained it with Valentus's

My dual spear wielding Maxwell with Gugnir is a monster in the arena. Buffed Nemesis x2 chained with Ultima and Meteor + Bladeblitz from WoL annihilates most teams in one or 2 turns. BTW, I picked a random Maxwell friend doing some dailies and I chained Endless x2, it did like 60 hits WTF, I thought chains were capped at 20? Wish I had taken a screenshot because it was insane!

I had 56 hits. It was with folstern's Maxwell IIRC.

I have only been blessed with one Edgar to date. And still no Rydia to be found. And Bonkeng - you have the most amazing luck!

Your team is beyond stacked at this point. Don't you have most of the base 5* units?

Hah, My Rydia is at 85% for Blizzaga, and Vivi is at 90% for Firaga and neither has set foot into the Earth Shrine. Hell I even have Comet from Galuf lol!

Lyrian

, I thought chains were capped at 20? Wish I had taken a screenshot because it was insane!

Damage gained is capped at a certain number chains, but the number of chains possible is unlimited. So, after 20 chains for a normal chain, everything thereafter hits at the maximum chain multiplier until the end of the chain.

they stack with buffs like embolden?

what are the stats buffs?

Stats are Cheer + Focus.

As such, they do not stack with their manually casted versions (or their upgrades Embolden/Meditate). The purpose of Demonic Life is to provide support in an "Oh Shit" moment, where everything goes bad and then your buffs "conveniently" just happen to wear off that turn (which usually mean that you are screwed and about to take that L). Instead, Demonic Life automatically rebuffs the units to provide critical emergency support (for your tank and healer, or whoever has it equipped) to help you get back on your feet and recover from what would have been otherwise a guaranteed wipe.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
-- good morning, great update! storytime fun, new esper, new trial with a sweet fucking new mace for CoD which i WILL GET.

-- what banner should I pull right now with this ticket? Should I pull BF for one last lottery shot in hell for Elza even though I already have Tilith and Karl? Should I pull DD for a shot at DKC and Gaffgarion even though I have a maxed CoD and Garland (with a couple to spare)? I REALLY need that bracer action but y'all know I'd pull a Gold Garland if anything.

-- since i missed the arena's 2nd week opening and am down in the 50Ks for ranking, think I'll just pull out and work on finishing the colosseum for now, then onto the blood sword, baby!

-- other than that i'm making sweet, sweet progress toward RISING SUN | DUALCAST | MAG +30% (x2) | DUAL WIELD -- when this set of TMs starts filling in I really think I'll have a VERY flexible team able to hold my own among the best F2Ps. Then we're looking at more mag +30s, one extra barrage, and that badass lordly robe.

-- all of this and i'm using every spare NRG to hit the cactuar dunes to see if i can get my ingus maxed out for his fullbreak so i can take one last shot at maxwell before i miss my chance forever

love you all, miss ya chilly, welcome new players.

bonkeng

No Luneth (I did 2 10+1 pulls on FF3 banners, got 5 Refia lol).

Got Lightning, Delita and 3 Ramzas (2 during Luneth's banner T_T). And now Elza.

Not pulling any more and will concentrate on TM farming refills. The TM queue is quite long :(

they stack with buffs like embolden?

what are the stats buffs?

No, buffs don't stack.

Whales

Banned
lol thanks for all the answers guys

ran gaia 3 times, got 3 metal gods , that was good luck . Maxwell+Tilithx2+friendelza and those 3 runs were enough to get the demonic life materias.

I pretty much got everything from this event. im done farming it

Lyrian

-- good morning, great update! storytime fun, new esper, new trial with a sweet fucking new mace for CoD which i WILL GET.

-- what banner should I pull right now with this ticket? Should I pull BF for one last lottery shot in hell for Elza even though I already have Tilith and Karl? Should I pull DD for a shot at DKC and Gaffgarion even though I have a maxed CoD and Garland (with a couple to spare)? I REALLY need that bracer action but y'all know I'd pull a Gold Garland if anything.

Morning!

Right now? 5% chance for Gaff, 1% miracle pull for Elza. That said, it's pretty much all but outright announced that Gilgamesh is coming on Friday on a fresh banner, so maybe hold off until then?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
btw my dumbass picked the BF banner because it ends sooner, you know, i wanted elza because that's how gambling minds work. so i got a gilbert.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Morning!

Right now? 5% chance for Gaff, 1% miracle pull for Elza. That said, it's pretty much all but outright announced that Gilgamesh is coming on Friday on a fresh banner, so maybe hold off until then?

LOL you posted about 5 seconds after i pulled / i am so hopeless

'bout to spend my daily OH HELL YES

tariniel

At this point I think I don't care about getting the actual Maxwell unit. It's just too frustrating and I've heard its not even a great unit so I think I won't throw my NRG at that anymore. I already got a kill with no deaths (thanks to Valentus) so I have the trust moogles, I just don't have the kill while evoking Diabolos or the kill with LB.

Other than that daily pull was my 2nd Gaffgarion which I suppose is welcome for when I can fit him into a TM farm team... in a year. I just want a CoD game, please :(

Also I got the 10k explorations trophy but that seems crazy... does that trophy actually mean missions completed and not just explorations?

Iceman829

Decided to use one of those free tickets I got from something today. My 3rd Zidane! I'll have to put him to the side though because I'm still working on Zidane #2 and I just started Daul Cast which seems to be very important for fights going forward. How many Dual Casts would someone need? I have 3 Ludmilles. I figure I should keep at least 2. I feel like Refia needs that upgrade fast after fighting Maxwell.

Okay... so I know this falls under "world's smallest violin" territory... but I'm starting to think ahead a bit and realized I have so many units right now that I can't pick my main 5.

I know that it will all depend on the situation, as there are definitely specific events/challenges where different types of units shine, but I'm a big fan of finding my "favorites" and mostly sticking with them. That's just how I roll with my games.

But with 6* updates, I'm now getting faced with multiples in specific jobs and I kinda' just want to pick a team and stick with them. With all of that in mind, can someone look over this list and drop their two cents?

Mage: Arc, Kefka, Exdeath
- I'm assuming that Exdeath will be my main once I get him leveled, but will 6* Kefka overtake him? Will Arc ever get a 6*?

Physical: CoD, Bartz, Firion, Maxwell, BCL
- Right now it's CoD, but will the 6* Bartz or Firion be a better unit?

Tank: Cecil, Charlotte
- Obviously Cecil right now. Is there a 6* for Charlotte in the works?

Support/FB: Agrias, Ingus
- I definitely go back and forth here, but usually end up with Agrias because I find her bladeblitz more useful than Ingus' magic. And I'm going to assume that her 6* makes this an even easier choice.

Healer: Refia, Tilith, White Witch Fina, Lenna
- Refia for the moment, although I hear that 6* Tilith is a force to be reckoned with.

And, of course, there's the 6* forms of Rain, Laswell, and Fina coming down the pike.

Argh! How do I keep these units straight and pick my all-star team!!! I know that options are a good thing, but that just goes against how I like to play my games so it's starting to drive me a bit batty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom