• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCIE

Banned
Well, my next round will be magic focused, unless I draw someone worth farming TM for first. Four MAG+30 and DC is the plan. That is probably not until next year though.

With such a DPS focused meta, is it really a good move to invest in magic? I have 11 Shanttoto and 7 Arcs to farm, but I really don't want to put the time investment to waste if the future content isn't fair to Magic damage.

It seems every single future trial / special boss is cleared with dps + support + tank + Healer.

Sure the meta is physical that doesn't mean you can't do it with Mages or at least a Mage. I will never not have a Mage in my party unless they literally hit for nothing or heal the enemy.

Lyrian

The answer is no, not in the slightest.

Also, I'm a baby compared to some of you... that's rare~ 34 >.>;

Back in the FF Tactics event, there was an easily carryable floor of the event that paid a ridiculous 65 rank XP/ energy spent. A lot of us farmed the heck out of that floor for the two weeks and ranked up like crazy. I think I picked up personally 20-25 ranks from that event alone.

It's been really slow going since. 30k rank xp to next level is no joke. AFAIK, Global will never see anything like that again unless they start receiving half-energy days, like in JP.

Fun fact: Nearly finished clearing all the lapis out of the missions for the game to date. Clearing the entire game again from start to finish only yielded ~2.5 ranks.

Fun fact 2: Ranking up at Rank 80 is child's play to ranking up post-Rank 100. The xp curve pretty much goes vertical at that point.

Iceman829

Those Ranks 30-40s are way harder than Ranks 60++ in Arena

It's amazing how all the low ranks all have Lightning, Luneth, Cecil, Refia, Elza all 6* and upgraded. Thankfully due to some dumb ai I still have my 150+ streak rolling along. Dualcast with Arc has been quite useful. I'll probably try a few daily pulls to chase after Exdeath. A 6* mage with dual cast would really help me out. That and he looks pretty cool.

At this point I basically wasted my money on buying Pokemon Sun. I've rerolled my game 30 times and can't get a female starter. I'm sick of the BS RNG and tired of smashing A and the dumb unskippable cutscenes.

I'm hoping I can pick up Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1 and Doom on the cheap from amazon over the next couple of days. I like my shooter games. I don't really have any interest in FFXV. I played the demo and it just didn't interest me. I would buy ff10 hd, an ff 12 hd or the kingdom hearts games, but SE doesn't care about the xbox, so I don't care about them either. I don't understand how they can't just release them digitally so they don't have to worry about packaging or any of those costs.

I'm also hoping my buddy can fix my MBP that is broken. If it's cheap enough I'll fix it and maybe finally get a TM program running.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone and anyone not celebrating have a great Thursday.

Looks like someone deleted me either because of my Locke leader or they wanted to add someone else so I have an empty spot. 713 130 495

NomarTyme

This is for Chilly.... I know he is lurking.

Yeah happy early Thanksgiving to everyone! I hope everyone to have good food and hang out with the ones you love/like.

With such a DPS focused meta, is it really a good move to invest in magic? I have 11 Shanttoto and 7 Arcs to farm, but I really don't want to put the time investment to waste if the future content isn't fair to Magic damage.

It seems every single future trial / special boss is cleared with dps + support + tank + Healer.
I've done trials with a mage. If I a) had better physical units at the time or b) didn't have either M.Fina or Trance Terra, then I wouldn't have bothered.

Ashe and Ace (with skill enhancements) are pretty good support units while Shanttoto has the best chaining skill in the game so far, but most mages (even the "top tier" ones) have almost no upside compared to physical units outside of the arena.

EDarkness

I've done trials with a mage. If I a) had better physical units at the time or b) didn't have either M.Fina or Trance Terra, then I wouldn't have bothered.

Ashe and Ace (with skill enhancements) are pretty good support units while Shanttoto has the best chaining skill in the game so far, but most mages (even the "top tier" ones) have almost no upside compared to physical units outside of the arena.

This is something I've been worried about since I'm starting to see that having a physical damage focused group just does more damage than a caster focused one. Since the game doesn't like giving me physical units, I've been magic heavy for a long time now. After the Maxwell fight, I realized that wasn't going to cut it going forward. Luckily, I pulled Garland the other day, so with Garland and Cloud I think I'll be okay in the future. Still no 5* base units, but my group should be pretty solid for upcoming trials. I'm going to try to get that mace for Cloud once the trial is released. I hope I can get it done.

tuffymon

Something I've been meaning to ask...

How to debuffs refresh? If on turn 1 I put Full Break on a mob it lasts for 3 turns. So on turn 4 it drops off. If I apply Full Break again on turn 3, does it fall off on turn 7 or does it fall off on turn 4 still?

If you reapply FB on turn 3, it'll wear off after turn 6, making turn 7 a reapply turn (or earlier).

Back in the FF Tactics event, there was an easily carryable floor of the event that paid a ridiculous 65 rank XP/ energy spent. A lot of us farmed the heck out of that floor for the two weeks and ranked up like crazy. I think I picked up personally 20-25 ranks from that event alone.

It's been really slow going since. 30k rank xp to next level is no joke. AFAIK, Global will never see anything like that again unless they start receiving half-energy days, like in JP.

Fun fact: Nearly finished clearing all the lapis out of the missions for the game to date. Clearing the entire game again from start to finish only yielded ~2.5 ranks.

Fun fact 2: Ranking up at Rank 80 is child's play to ranking up post-Rank 100. The xp curve pretty much goes vertical at that point.

My bad? I uhh... could of swore it was a joke on age~ Rank wise I'm at 77. I've done most missions up to Felicitas, so you definitely beat me there.

Lyrian

My bad? I uhh... could of swore it was a joke on age~ Rank wise I'm at 77. I've done most missions up to Felicitas, so you definitely beat me there.

Whoops? My bad on the epic fail, lol?

I'm not much farther than you in rank. Only just hit 82 a few seconds ago.

My real life rank (per your joke that I completely whiffed on) would be in the upper quartile of the thread easily.

@thread: 90 minute warning until maintenance.

Also, we still haven't gotten the tier 5 reward for the BF event :( If we manage to get it that will be 2 free summons. Here's to hoping, not much time left.

Lyrian

Man Metal Gods really are rare as fuck aren't they? 65 kills of Holy Flame Vargas, 4 Metal God kills.

Final total for me after clearing everything out from Mog:

HF Vargases: 180
Metal Gods: 42

I got lucky as heck the last two days and had multiple triple god spawns that really hastened things up.

The expected average is 15 metal gods per 100 Vargases. Your pacing pretty far behind the average there. That's some bad luck.

Final total for me after clearing everything out from Mog:

HF Vargases: 180
Metal Gods: 42

I got lucky as heck the last two days and had multiple triple god spawns that really hastened things up.

The expected average is 15 metal gods per 100 Vargases. Your pacing pretty far behind the average there. That's some bad luck.

If I had that ratio I would have the Trust Moogle by now :( I'm going to spam it tomorrow, but there's only 3 Elza's on my FL that can clear it with me. The rest I have to use non-bonus units. So hopefully I can get a metal god with one of the Elza friends.

Raika

pO7ByOE.png

This looked so sad I almost wanted to lose that arena battle on purpose. :')

*slaughters them anyway*

:(

tuffymon

Also, we still haven't gotten the tier 5 reward for the BF event :( If we manage to get it that will be 2 free summons. Here's to hoping, not much time left.

I wasn't going to bank on it, but it would have been nice. A buddy who plays BF said the event was crappier for them, which maybe caused them to not farm it as much /shrug

EDarkness

If you reapply FB on turn 3, it'll wear off after turn 6, making turn 7 a reapply turn (or earlier).

Thanks for the response, Tuffy! This will make planning buff/defuffs better for me since I always waited until they wore off before applying again. I wasn't sure if applying them again while they were still active would reset the timer. Good to know.

I downloaded Brave Frontier a few minutes ago and I'm gonna give it a shot just to see what it's like. Not something I want to mess around with full time, but I'm curious how it is compared to other this one.

Thanks for the heads up about the maintenance. I was able to use up the last of my energy before the servers went down. One more day of farming for Karma to get the last few items, then back to working on the story and leveling the last few units. Not sure what I'm going to do after that.

Rixa

It took 2 days for me to clear story (with missions) from Wind Shrine to end of content. I think I used 2 times Lapis refresh in that prorcess. Grabbed around 3.5k Lapis and suddenly Iam now in 5700 Lapis. Thus going to do few 10+1 when banner change :p.
Also waiting to see what kind of BFriday / CMonday deals Gumi makes.

Did everyone read that AMA in Reddit?
Some words about (RIP) Global Chain Chronicle too.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
... i did not account for maintenance when i agreed to go out tonight thinking i'd have pre-bedtime to burn down my nrg and lvl that fucking ingus. gonna cut this thing close.

Muku

Can't wait to see all the daily Gilgamesh pulls.......I won't be among them.

I know I won't be. I managed to pull Luneth. So I've run out of luck until who knows when.
I hope it's back by time Orlandu comes up.

Edit: Least the AMA provides some interesting stuff during the downtime.

Rixa

I know I won't be. I managed to pull Luneth. So I've run out of luck until who knows when.
I hope it's back by time Orlandu comes up.

Sad thing is that for me Gilgamesh is better chase than Orlandu. I think at the moment Iam the rare ones here who is not waiting for Orlandu. Without Dual Wield Orlandu is not so much better than 2 of my Firions when they get 6*.

bonkeng

Sad thing is that for me Gilgamesh is better chase than Orlandu. I think at the moment Iam the rare ones here who is not waiting for Orlandu. Without Dual Wield Orlandu is not so much better than 2 of my Firions when they get 6*.

And then you'd pull a Zidane.

Suddenly, you'll gun for Orlandu afterall.

Rixa

And then you'd pull a Zidane.

Suddenly, you'll gun for Orlandu afterall.

Tbh. I would be really happy if I manage to get Zidane and nothing else from Gilga banner :D. Got 2 Excaliburs ready, in some weeks (about 3-4) 3x20% ATK & 1x30% ATK materias.

One f*cking Dual Wield would change so much about my builds lol.
Ok Iam still missing 6* dps unit that can wield Great Sword. But I dont see that as a problem.

Muku

I won't have the luck of Gilga. I'll be content if I can get Orlandu.
Which is probably why I won't get him.

I have Zidane. I just haven't had time to TM farm because these damn events. I've started to back track to get the lapis from the old story stuff. I'm going to catch up on story stuff when new stuff comes out.... whenever I'm not at work. -_-; Might not be until middle this weekend I can do the new story stuff. (Haven't done the new story stuff from last update either.)

At some point I'd like to TM farm on Zidane and Ludmille again. Some day. Thanksgiving is nice but then I gotta work early rest of week, ugh. Also hope to get new event done relatively quickly so I can pick back up getting Lapis on old stuff.

I'm saving up all these moogles in case I ever pull a Zidane.

Besides that the only TM I'll ever have is one dual cast, got 6 Ludmilles and I'm doing it the hard way, no macros.

Muku

I'm saving up all these moogles in case I ever pull a Zidane.

Besides that the only TM I'll ever have is one dual cast, got 6 Ludmilles and I'm doing it the hard way, no macros.

Yeah, doing mine the hard way too. Which is why time is a big factor for me. :( Dual Wield and Dual Cast are the top two I want. (Sadly Kefka is over 50%.. but then again during his banner I pulled a crap ton of him which is why it is so high.) That, and even if I wanted to at this point, I can't macro it due to not being connected to FB.

It took 2 days for me to clear story (with missions) from Wind Shrine to end of content. I think I used 2 times Lapis refresh in that prorcess. Grabbed around 3.5k Lapis and suddenly Iam now in 5700 Lapis. Thus going to do few 10+1 when banner change :p.
Also waiting to see what kind of BFriday / CMonday deals Gumi makes.

Did everyone read that AMA in Reddit?
Some words about (RIP) Global Chain Chronicle too.

Read the entire thing. It was very informative. Fyi to search for all thats users post in that thread search for "deleted" as his account got deleted so thats his username lol.

bonkeng

Less than 3.5 hours

I'll be there next month. Can you share your luck and pull for me? :3

Lol sure. It's actually very easy :p

Read the entire thing. It was very informative. Fyi to search for all thats users post in that thread search for "deleted" as his account got deleted so thats his username lol.

What I find the most disturbing is, SQEX is intentionally lowering the pull rate as newer units come.

0.5% chance for a 5* base banner unit is not low enough for them? C'mon SE, we know you're greedy, but don't be too greedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom