• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rootbeer

Banned
Seems to be some decent deals both on lapis and amazon coins right now. When you stack these deals you can get a pretty good amount of lapis for less money than usual.

Anyone taking advantage of this? Curious what method people are using to get the most benefit.

I was looking over this thread where you can get 5000 coins for $25 (so for $50 you can get 20,400 Lapis if using the amazon underground version of exvius during the black friday sale)

But it would require making new amazon accounts... not sure if that would work or if they would flag me somehow for cheating.

Veggy

Yeah I think arena is mostly because of this weeks special rules putting a lot of people off

I'm no.181 right now, I was 127 like 4 hours ago, the rank decay is 10 billion times slower than last week (thank god)

I pretty much stomped through using Exdeath x2 meteor, Elza Darkside, Agrias Blade Blitz and Kefka...whatever aoe

Seems to be some decent deals both on lapis and amazon coins right now. When you stack these deals you can get a pretty good amount of lapis for less money than usual.

Anyone taking advantage of this? Curious what method people are using to get the most benefit.

I was looking over this thread where you can get 5000 coins for $25 (so for $50 you can get 20,400 Lapis if using the amazon underground version of exvius during the black friday sale)

But it would require making new amazon accounts... not sure if that would work or if they would flag me somehow for cheating.

I didn't feel like messing around with amazon accounts. I just bought iTunes gift cards for 20% off and then bought the $50 pack multiple times

Rootbeer

Banned
I didn't feel like messing around with amazon accounts. I just bought iTunes gift cards for 20% off and then bought the $50 pack multiple times
you should look into it if you are buying lapis... going amazon coins is like getting 20% off at all times, even when there are no sales. but when there are lapis sales, and then combine that with certain promos (such as amazon letting you buy $50 worth of coins for $25... but only for the first time) it can add up to a lot of savings.

all you need to take advantage of this is either an android device with the amazon underground app on it, or an android emulator

Jeffrey

might have to borrow other people's credit cards or something, seems like too much risk for $25 imo.

SeanTSC

I'm actually having a pretty good time with this week's Arena (ranked 1947 for the week and 1564 for the month atm).

Running Cecil, Refia (Bioblaster), BC Lid (Hex Strike), CoD (Barrage/Comeback), and Elza (Lance) and am really enjoying the fact that people can't heal and that I can Petrify and Poison everyone to death pretty easily while they auto-attack me for pitiful amounts due to being drained of all their mana.

And I don't even have a single Premium TM done yet.

And man, we badly need some gigantuar events soon, need to level up my new ExDeath and finish leveling Bartz.

Kouriozan

You know what, I'm not so mad or sad to have wasted everything I had
and 50&#8364; >.<
trying to get Gilgamesh in vain.
I got new unit like Charlotte/Delita/Hayate and a second Zidane (plus a full team of Exdeath for the arena once we get the labyrinth), and I still have 3 continents left to do the missions for until Orlandeau drop so I still have chances to get him.
Yes I'm not F2P anymore but kinda feel good since I played this game A LOT.

Surely the RNG Goddess will smile upon me one day or another. Until then I'll do dailies until FF V banner goes away.

You know what, I'm not so mad or sad to have wasted everything I had
and 50€ >.<
trying to get Gilgamesh in vain.
I got new unit like Charlotte/Delita/Hayate and a second Zidane (plus a full team of Exdeath for the arena once we get the labyrinth), and I still have 3 continents left to do the missions for until Orlandeau drop so I still have chances to get him.
Yes I'm not F2P anymore but kinda feel good since I played this game A LOT.

Surely the RNG Goddess will smile upon me one day or another. Until then I'll do dailies until FF V banner goes away.

Ne t'inquiète pas. That's how I feel. I dolphined for Elza and failed, but I was ultimately happy, because I got a CoD and Bartz, as well as a TON of dupes... and the RNG gods gave me Greg on my one and only FFV pull.

Maybe the same will happen with Orlandu for you. Just keep stocking up! The lapis for completing missions is extensive.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I have to say, I like my team a lot.

Refia, Cecil, WoL, Buttz, Luneth.

I still think it is a shame I can't ever pull a Miyuki and Xaio. Want one for my Buttz, since he the Fav.

Next two weeks should also complete my DC for Refia and Cecil. Meaning, I'm going to be pretty baller soon.

On Lapis, just going to save up till Orlandu like the rest, though the FFII banner should come first... making a mighty taste prop. We'll also see Chilly again by then~!

Kouriozan

Ne t'inquiète pas. That's how I feel. I dolphined for Elza and failed, but I was ultimately happy, because I got a CoD and Bartz, as well as a TON of dupes... and the RNG gods gave me Greg on my one and only FFV pull.

Maybe the same will happen with Orlandu for you. Just keep stocking up! The lapis for completing missions is extensive.
Yes, it's important to stay positive, even more when times are rough ! :)
I still have tons of great units and TMs start to come in, already have dual wield/blade mastery, dual cast very soon and Excalibur/Deathbringer will follow shortly.

you should look into it if you are buying lapis... going amazon coins is like getting 20% off at all times, even when there are no sales. but when there are lapis sales, and then combine that with certain promos (such as amazon letting you buy $50 worth of coins for $25... but only for the first time) it can add up to a lot of savings.

all you need to take advantage of this is either an android device with the amazon underground app on it, or an android emulator

Whenever there's iTunes card sales at 20% I just stock up. We're talking about going through a bunch of hoops, having lapis on another account, and constant device switching just to save another 5%. Not really worth it imo.

Some games like BF return you coins when you buy. If Amazon ever did that for FFBE I'd consider it.

Btw, if you buy the $500 amazon coin pack, it's already 25% off at all times. Buying $50 at a time is too much trouble, half the time my credit card gets flagged for suspicious activity and to get a significant amount you'd need a never ending supply of amazon accounts.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Thinking about it, the FFII Banner should be out right before or close to the Orlandu banner. That's going to be a hard decision to make, since that banner has a lot of units with solid TM's, while the Orlandu banner is basically Orlandu or bust.

Celegus

Fuuuuccckkk

I aleeady went 3 11 pulls with nothing so luck isnt on my side

Damn man i want him though lol

My second 10+1 didn't go so hot either.

So far I've done 2 11 pulls, daily, and 15 or so tickets. Things of note:

1 Faris
1 Exdeath
5 Bartz
1 Vaan
1 Garnet
1 Terra

Still have 10k lapis and 30 some tickets, but not sure how much more I want to push it since I'm f2p.

SeanTSC

Is Maranda Coast still the best place to exp grind?

Too many babies to feed.

It's not the best ratio, but it's the easiest to mindlessly grind with a macro and not worry too much about things.

Maranda Coast - Exploration
60064 unit exp for 12 energy (5005.33 per energy)

Mystic Woods/Exploration
65107 unit exp for 10 energy (6510.70 per energy)

As you can see, Mystic Woods is much better, but you have to babysit it a lot more and deal with Poison.

Syntsui

It's not the best ratio, but it's the easiest to mindlessly grind with a macro and not worry too much about things.

Mystic Woods/Exploration

As you can see, Mystic Woods is much better, but you have to babysit it a lot more and deal with Poison.
I still have to see Mystic Woods being carried by a non-absurdly powerful friend. I don't think it's viable as in you want to do a lot of explorations in a row.

Whales

Banned

see, here in canada we dont get those

I actually made amazon US account. managed to get it working to buy amazon coins... Then when it came down to paying , the payment didnt go thru and my order is in a "pending" state...
Really weird... I just wanted some lapis :(

the 10k coins is worth 20k lapis. in cad it costs around 105$

in the canadian store, the 10k lapis bundles costs 65. So 130$ in total. 25$ is really nice savings but it doesnt seem to want me to buy coins..

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I still have to see Mystic Woods being carried by a non-absurdly powerful friend. I don't think it's viable as in you want to do a lot of explorations in a row.

Aquatic Cove is a bit easier, issue is the boss and it's possible. But while you need a solid carry, you also need your unit to be able to provide something. I.E. Healers, Buff, Damage, Tank, etc.

Folstern

Anyone else having issues with specific WiFi connections ever since the latest patch?Whenever I run the game on my home network the game either crashes or experiences extremely long connection times and I can't explain it.

bonkeng

As far as I know, yeah. Had to run that hell hole a lot when I got Luneth during his banner.

Mystic Woods/Exploration

Thanks, I'll do Maranda then.

I've never tried experience grind before since the 100 Cactuars from events are usually enough.

SeanTSC

Imo it's not hard to carry it with a decently equipped Elza that has a Reaper's Scythe to heal herself with and a stock of Antidotes or/and Poisona on your units. A lot of times you can just chain her LB from fight to fight with how many crystals she generates.

You definitely don't need a whaled out friend to do it.

robotuw

I spent today's NRG blasting through the new story content. I might actually be getting into it now and dark Fina is great. I picked up the +10% atk recipe, so now Lightning has broken the 600 atk barrier. Excalibur in a week or two is going to make her even better. Very nice.

Pejo

Finished the Big Bridge event tonight, it was surprisingly easy after that Maxwell challenge.

Trust moogle goes to Greg, I want those gloves ASAP.

I really need to start TM farming weapons instead of just skills and passives. The only TM weapon I have is Lenna's staff for Refia, and that was only because I pull as many Lennas as I do Russels.

For a team of Luneth, Elza, CoD, and eventually Gilgamesh, which weapons would you guys suggest going for first? Elza's spear, Deathbringer, Excalibur, Locke's boomerang, or any of the others (minus Moon Blade, no Delita). I'm thinking the spear just because it has the most versatility between my top units, other than Luneth.

chrono01

Since I don't have a base 5* yet, and space is at a premium, who should I give all of these STR pots to? For melee damage dealers, I have:

CoD
Chizuru
Bartz
Fencer
Firion
Garland
Juggler
Hayate
Maxwell
Black Cat Lid
Kain
Locke
Rain
Laswell

I was thinking of putting them on Firion, since when he gets his enhancements he becomes a beast. Granted, that's a ways off...

hitmon

Since I don't have a base 5* yet, and space is at a premium, who should I give all of these STR pots to? For melee damage dealers, I have:

CoD
Chizuru
Bartz
Fencer
Firion
Garland
Juggler
Hayate
Maxwell
Black Cat Lid
Kain
Locke
Rain
Laswell

I was thinking of putting them on Firion, since when he gets his enhancements he becomes a beast. Granted, that's a ways off...

Who are the 5* Base units on global so far besides lightning? I don't think I have any 5* base units either.

bonkeng

CoD
Chizuru
Bartz
Fencer
Firion
Garland
Juggler
Hayate
Maxwell
Black Cat Lid
Kain
Locke
Rain
Laswell

Garland or Firion. Garland is immediately usable on his initial 6* since his base atk is quite high. Higher than both Luneth and Lightning even. Chizuru is also not bad, I'd say almost as good as Garland. Enhancements won't come until 6 months at least.

Who are the 5* Base units on global so far besides lightning? I don't think I have any 5* base units either.

Officially: Lightning, Luneth, Ramza, Delita, Gilgamesh, Dark Knight Cecil

Limited Global Exclusive: Demon Rain, Dracu Laswell, Elza

chrono01

Garland or Firion. Garland is immediately usable on his initial 6* since his base atk is quite high. Higher than both Luneth and Lightning even. Chizuru is also not bad, I'd say almost as good as Garland. Enhancements won't come until 6 months at least.
Thanks, I might switch over to Garland then. I've only used a few mini-pots on Firion, so not much has been spent. There's no TM needed to really pull out the potential of Garland, is there?

hitmon

Luneth
Ramza
Delita
Dark Knight Cecil
Demon Rain
Dracula Lasswell
Elza
Gilgamesh

Officially: Lightning, Luneth, Ramza, Delita, Gilgamesh, Dark Knight Cecil

Limited Global Exclusive: Demon Rain, Dracu Laswell, Elza

Thanks for the list guys. That confirms I still haven't pulled a 5* base yet. Maybe one day, I've been around since launch so I should be due soon right?

SeanTSC

Thanks, I might switch over to Garland then. I've only used a few mini-pots on Firion, so not much has been spent. There's no TM needed to really pull out the potential of Garland, is there?

Doublehand from Bartz is the biggest thing since it stacks with his own. Pretty easy to get Bartz right now though.

chrono01

Doublehand from Bartz is the biggest thing since it stacks with his own. Pretty easy to get Bartz right now though.
Doesn't Garland learn that naturally, though (at Level 80)? In any case, I already have Bartz, so if not I can start farming his TM now. :)

Edit: Oh wait, it stacks with his? DAMN! I guess I'll farm the TM after all, that's insane.

Muku

Doesn't Garland learn that naturally, though (at Level 80)? In any case, I already have Bartz, so if not I can start farming his TM now. :)

Edit: Oh wait, it stacks with his? DAMN! I guess I'll farm the TM after all, that's insane.

Yeah, it stacks. So once he hits 6* and can have abilities put in, it'll be worth it.:)

bonkeng

Yep it stacks. You'll easily get 600+ atk with just 2 DH.

Garland also doesn't need too many hard to get TMs, since he can't use Black Cowls, Brave Suits etc.

Hoping for Garland to get his 6* soon cause he seems like he will be my first power house with little effort. I do have COD but she is alright when it comes to heavy hits as I stand now. Sucks that you can't stack Double handed TMs like in the jp version since that would pretty much make me worry less about getting strong base 5* powerhouses

Rixa

Anyone else having issues with specific WiFi connections ever since the latest patch?Whenever I run the game on my home network the game either crashes or experiences extremely long connection times and I can't explain it.
Actually its been over 1 month already.

Apple 5s ios in wlan, constant reconns, long connectings etc.

Sony Xperia z2 in same wlan works very well.

When using same time, same thing. Android no prob, ios yes prob...

Shouta

Holy shit! Kobayashi, the person that draws all the FFBE units, is doing a live demo of him drawing the sprite for this. That's sick!

The producer of Global really liked it too. Maybe he'll show up sooner than later? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom