• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffrey

urgh. can't beat gilga elite. can't beat plant trial.

feel like i should just quit lol.

games are suppose to be fun, not stressful!

Lyrian

well... I just realized the tilith banner is gone

and so is chilly... RIP

Chilly pls come back :(

I'm sure he's lurking. We all have lurked from time to time.

Sometimes, things just take time to heal. For those of us that were around in the original thread, we almost lost CCIE back in the day when she poured out just as many pulls looking for WoL on his release and didn't land him.

When significant sums of real money are involved and lost without achieving success, the pain can be quite real and hard to overcome.

All we can do hope for the best for him and if he chooses someday to rejoin the FFBE community, then I am sure we will welcome him back with open arms.

Lyrian

Need...metal..cactuars....

/Gumi kneads their hands...

"Well, my fine FFBE player. We have just the solution to your dire needs! There's this wonderfully priced 1200 lapis daily bundle that would most excellently solve all of your cactaur needs for this event!"

Moving onto Day 4 of the bundle offers... are you ready to cave in yet or can you hold out?

Kouriozan

I don't have 1200 lapis so there!
My Exdeath still haven't learned Meteor yet and I see people at the arena with 2/3 maxed ones already >.<

/Gumi kneads their hands...

"Well, my fine FFBE player. We have just the solution to your dire needs! There's this wonderfully priced 1200 lapis daily bundle that would most excellently solve all of your cactaur needs for this event!"

Moving onto Day 4 of the bundle offers... are you ready to cave in yet or can you hold out?

I only dipped once. It just didn't seem like THAT much of a deal over two 500 Lapis pulls in general. Plus I'm trying to conserve. Spending Lapis on TM refreshes (and I'm finally getting premium TMs because of it), mostly. I gotta level my Cecil and Greg, sure, but I can probably wait for the next set of Dunes.

Lyrian

My Exdeath still haven't learned Meteor yet and I see people at the arena with 2/3 maxed ones already >.<

Same. The power of simply throwing lapis at XP vortex over and over.

Finally brought myself to a point in the game where I feel comfortable falling back into TM farming, only to keep telling myself that I really need to start grinding out that fresh Exdeath I pulled today to keep up the arena meta.

Meh.

I only dipped once. It just didn't seem like THAT much of a deal over two 500 Lapis pulls in general. Plus I'm trying to conserve. Spending Lapis on TM refreshes (and I'm finally getting premium TMs because of it), mostly. I gotta level my Cecil and Greg, sure, but I can probably wait for the next set of Dunes.

It's not a deal at all.

It's a bundle designed to get people to cave in and buy it, specifically because the monthly arena tally closes this week and a leveled Exdeath will make all the difference in achieving the top 3000 for the month for the double TM moogle.

The bundle is a "convenient" solution to an artificially created moment of scarcity in terms of needed XP.

Also, the fact that suddenly 3 Colosseum runs are needed for the daily lapis payout on the final week of the arena tally is absolutely by design and not random coincidence.

H3xum

So today I did my daily and 5 tickets

I got 3 flippin Bartz and 2 Badiles and of course the token Penelo

Whatta day.

Already have a Bartz (6* max as a matter of fact) but I guess now I'll keep all 4 for two double hands. One for him and one for future Garland.

bonkeng

So, did most already gave up on Arena?

Last week i was hovering outside 3k range.

Now I'm at 1.8k Monthly Ranking and I never did refresh. I hope thid holds up, that 2 Trust Moogle is super nice.

H3xum

Now I'm at 1.8k Monthly Ranking and I never did refresh. I hope thid holds up, that 2 Trust Moogle is super nice.

Must just be people in that higher bracket. I have done it nonstop and my monthly only went up a few hundred (from like 6.2k to 5.7k)

SeanTSC

Got my first premium TM today - Excalibur!

But I don't really have anyone to use it on. =( My main units are Cecil, Refia, CoD, and Elza. I do have a Bartz that is 63/100 so I guess it'll go on him when I finally get him up high enough to use. My Dual Wield is almost done too.

TM group is currently:

Kain - 66.6
Ludmille - 60.6
Zidane - 86.1
Bartz - 2.3
Elza - 25.4

I'm going to get Zidane to 90 then dump the day 28 TM moogle onto him and the 2 Arena moogles (I'm well under 3k for the month) onto Ludmille.

I guess I'll sub Gaffgarion1 back in next since he's at 26.2%. Then Maxwell/Hayate/Gaffgarion2. I think it'd be best to max out a DPS set for one person and stack them up. Either Bartz or Elza depending on what I'm doing I suppose.

This is what I'm working with atm:

Elza, BC Lid, Maxwell, Bartz x4, CoD x2, Refia x6, Cecilx2 (Cecil 1 finished and Cecil 2 at 29.8% plus 15/20 lb), Ludmille, Zidane, Kain, WWF, Faris, Ingus x4, Arc x4, Edge x2, Rosa, Mustadio x3, Gaffgarion x2, Alma, Agrias (17.2%), Charlotte, Lani, Garnet, Lenna (25.6%), Tellah, Warrior of Light (14.1%), Hayate x4, Celes x2, Artemios, Xiao (9.2%), Golbez, Miyuki, Russell, Terra, ExDeath x5, Garland x2, Luna, Rydia, Shantotto x12 (yes 12), Edgar, Krile, Maria, Vivi.

Some of those units have a good chunk of TM progress just from how much I used them normally heh.

Any suggestions are appreciated. I think I want to cycle in the 4 Ingus's for ExDeath after I finish my "DPS set". Then I'm not sure. Also I think I'm just going to use the 4 Arcs and 12 Shantottos to rush a single Omni Rod and 4 30% Mags for a second future caster. A full crazy 5 ExDeath group would be cool to make out of all of those, but god I bet it would tak forever and just isn't worth it.

Celegus

I gave up because it was nearly impossible to stay in the top 3000 with all the crashes I keep getting. Still haven't done the 100 streak despite never losing an actual fight. Didn't like having to babysit orbs that often either, so I'm happy with top 30k.

bonkeng

I gave up because it was nearly impossible to stay in the top 3000 with all the crashes I keep getting. Still haven't done the 100 streak despite never losing an actual fight. Didn't like having to babysit orbs that often either, so I'm happy with top 30k.

Oh i see.

What phone are you using?

I'm using 2 Android phones, Nexus 6 and S7 Edge, and have ffbe on both. I constantly crash on N6 (yes, one killed my Arena streak) but never on S7. So I was guessing it might be due to the memory? Since N6 have 3gb to S7's 4gb.

Since then, I'm doing all my Arena run on S7. Only reason I'm still using N6 is because I have a macro app in it for TM runs, that doesn't work on my S7.

SeanTSC

Oh i see.

I'm using 2 Android phones, Nexus 6 and S7 Edge, and have ffbe on both. I constantly crash on N6 (yes, one killed my Arena streak) but never on S7. So I was guessing it might be due to the memory? Since N6 have 3gb to S7's 4gb.

Since then, I'm doing all my Arena run on S7. Only reason I'm still using N6 is because I have a macro app in it for TM runs, that doesn't work on my S7.

I don't think it's memory. I'm using a Blu R1 HD which only has 2gb and it almost never crashes for me. I do arena on it exclusively and haven't had it crash during it (I'm afraid of doing arena on memu heh).

Celegus

Oh i see.

Android Moto G4. Never had a crash until arena, sometimes when I choose the party to fight it just craps out instantly. Macro app on phone sounds quite nice, never heard of that before!

H3xum

What's a scenario where you wouldn't want Lapis applied directly to your account. I don't understand why I have to click extra buttons in my mailbox for it after I meet challenges. So troublesome and unnecessary

CCIE

Banned
My daily this morning was Hayate - so eventually can farm the cowl now. My Arena score sucks because I keep having crashes, so I'm around 15K this week, which sucks because I've been around 3200 until now. Also, heavy TM farming this weekend during the Holidays hasn't helped...

Lyrian - I have the opposite problem. Two Garnet, but still no Rydia

I miss Chilly too ;(

Celegus

Garnet is the best thing I've gotten chasing Gilgamesh. I'll put her on the level up list to be able to help with some of these silly mission requirements.

bonkeng

I don't think it's memory. I'm using a Blu R1 HD which only has 2gb and it almost never crashes for me. I do arena on it exclusively and haven't had it crash during it (I'm afraid of doing arena on memu heh).

Oh. Must be a different reason then. Cpu maybe? Snapdragon vs Exynos.

But Ffbe do have a problem with memory leak. Best possible solution is, to close and reopen ffbe when doing Arena.

Android Moto G4. Never had a crash until arena, sometimes when I choose the party to fight it just craps out instantly. Macro app on phone sounds quite nice, never heard of that before!

I'm using Repititouch Pro. But it only works on rooted phones. That's why I'm not so bothered when Nox or Memu crashes constantly. I'll use my phone instead, and also at work.

Why is FF9 getting screwed over so much? Zidane sucks outside of his TM, Kuja is only good for thundaga, Garnet is a bench warmer, who did FF9 hurt?

Lyrian

My daily this morning was Hayate - so eventually can farm the cowl now. My Arena score sucks because I keep having crashes, so I'm around 15K this week, which sucks because I've been around 3200 until now. Also, heavy TM farming this weekend during the Holidays hasn't helped...

Lyrian - I have the opposite problem. Two Garnet, but still no Rydia

I miss Chilly too ;(

Funny thing is that I think Garnet is the only non-limited 4* base I'm still missing outside of Chizuru. Go figure.

OT3 is going to have a Chilly signal in the OP, right????

Garnet is the best thing I've gotten chasing Gilgamesh. I'll put her on the level up list to be able to help with some of these silly mission requirements.

Can confirm. My LB-leveled Rydia was huge in completing many of the summoning missions. Also, hasted LB (like Garnet and Cecil) are big in completing the missions where you have to pull off 3 or 4 LBs in only 3 waves.

Why is FF9 getting screwed over so much? Zidane sucks outside of his TM, Kuja is only good for thundaga, Garnet is a bench warmer, who did FF9 hurt?

Because for some silly reason, the devs keep stalling on blue magic. Unsure what is taking them so long on that. FF9 banner likely won't come around again on JP until Quina and blue magic is ready for release as well as needed upgrades (Zidane, Garnet 6*).

What's a scenario where you wouldn't want Lapis applied directly to your account. I don't understand why I have to click extra buttons in my mailbox for it after I meet challenges. So troublesome and unnecessary

If you play using android and ios since lapis isn't shared between the different store versions of the game.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
-- just read like 5 pages of this madness in here (out on travel again) and have to say congrats on all the good gilga pulls and sorry for al the bad ones.

-- as for me I've pulled a couple dailies and a couple BF and a few tickets. I did end up with Gafgarrion off the last banner. Then got my 3rd ExDeath. The Xiao, Lani, and Kuja. Gacha giveth, gacha taketh.

-- still no rainbows, still no top tier DPS. Don't care.

-- got 2nd Gilga down to a 1/4th life before getting wiped, so I'm close. Going to use the week to level my 1st exdeath to 100, first.

-- Arrival was excellent and devastating, Moana was really a genuinely good Disney film and you all should see both.

-- secretly happy gumi is using daily lapis quests to push the colosseum so I can work toward the blood sword in a post-arena world.

-- even if I'm not posting I'm still reading and playing. Traveling a lot over the next few weeks along with family time taking up talkin shit to you all.

EDarkness

I've been wondering the same thing. What the hell are they thinking about. Hell, some games have been represented TWICE and FF9 still hasn't gotten any love.

I also wonder why FFX didn't get a Yuna unit? Tidus got to be badass (as it should be), but no Yuna? No Lulu? Waka? Really? I really wonder how they go about choosing characters and why some end up at the bottom of the barrel (FF2, FFIV) and why some end up super powerful (FFT). It's crazy.

Did my pull for the day and it was a gold...that revealed Refia (my second). Not sure what to do with her, but maybe I'll keep her around instead of merging with the main one I use.

SeanTSC

So do we have any idea what the next event will be and when? I hope it's something with Gigantuars, because I really need to level up Bartz and ExDeath, but hate explore grinding.

Elt Gilga is pain to fight. I got 1/3 health off of him before he finally killed everyone. The only reason I couldn't do much was cause he kept dispelling himself every freaking turn making waste time debuffing him again.

I killed elt gilg with a pretty shitty party, but it wasn't easy.

Cecil 93/100
CoD 93/100
Gilgamesh 40/80
Vaan 80/80
Refia 80/80
Elza Helper with 610 atk

0 TMs on anyone, 0 limit breaks levelled up.

Gilgamesh basically did jack shit in this fight since he's so low level . I brought lots of ethers and elixirs.

I only got 1 Sacred Guard in at the very beginning, after that Cecil and Refia were too busy curing.

Cecil - Elixir Elza if 2 Curajas wouldn't top her off, otherwise Curaja
Refia - Dispel if he has Protect up, otherwise Curaja
Gilgamesh - Pretty much whatever, but ultimately nothing because he died very early
Vaan - Full Break, but only after making sure his protect is dispelled
CoD - Omni Veil if its needed, otherwise Barrage.
Elza - Madness Rush

Occasionally I would need to use Vaan or CoD to ether Elza

It was still very close, but i squeezed out the win. Took close to 8-10 turns

Also, Refia was equipped with 2x Guardians Authority materia

SeanTSC

Daily - Mustadio #4
Ticket 1 - Roselia
Ticket 2 - Faris

Meeeeeeh. I really wish I could pull a dual wielder for once. No Lightning, Luneth, or Gilgamesh. At least give me a second Zidane. =(

Edit - Well, at least I just pulled 2 Skahas and finished my first Dragon Killer! Completed that and my first Aquan and Stone Killers today.

KeRaSh

BASED DAILY REWARD TICKET

je52t13.jpg

Now my only problem is that I'm missing two Calamity Writs to awaken him...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
BASED DAILY REWARD TICKET

Now my only problem is that I'm missing two Calamity Writs to awaken him...

Sweet - congrats !!!

Daily pull: Shantoo No. who knows at this point, Ticket: Garland No. 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom