• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from Thanksgiving vacation, and fired up Nox for the first time. Last time I used it was pre-update. Now FFBE crashes every 10-30 seconds. Sometimes I can't even get into the world map before it crashes. Is this happening to anyone else?

Rixa

Damn I have 3 Medius, not 2. That's like 150k xp per Maranda Coast.... Yeah, he will be the pirority together with the other necessities.

You can only equip 2 Growth eggs...
Sadly they are accessories.

BASED DAILY REWARD TICKET

Now my only problem is that I'm missing two Calamity Writs to awaken him...

Awesome you got best TM unit there is. Not that the unit itself aint bad either :D.

Razmos

Holy shit, how can you possibly beat Gilgamesh? His HP is absolutely crazy, and even buffing my defences and debuffing him I was only able to get him to about half health using a 700+ attack Gilgamesh friend summon.

He just keeps attacking more and more each turn and getting stronger, there was no way to heal through it, and I didn't have time to dispel him, heal and revive my dead units all at once

Rixa

Holy shit, how can you possibly beat Gilgamesh? His HP is absolutely crazy, and even buffing my defences and debuffing him I was only able to get him to about half health using a 700+ attack Gilgamesh friend summon.

He just keeps attacking more and more each turn and getting stronger, there was no way to heal through it, and I didn't have time to dispel him, heal and revive my dead units all at once

Did you use Dispel? I didnt find Gilga difficult, just remember to dispel as often as needed (before landing your own debuffs if you use them). I wont boher with those mission Lapis I didnt get from that Trial. Too lazy to waste time to another run for 20 or so Lapis.

leehom

Daily, fourth Bartz, zero exdeath....this is like the banner with Cecil on it. I'll get everyone but the character I really want.

Ticket, eighth Luna. How many barrages should I make? Two?

Alkez

Can someone explain to me how the new pots work? How much do they increase your stats by? And what is the maximum you can increase a units stats by?

Alkez

Do you have a strong CoD friend? Gilgamesh, like most FF enemies, is human, so CoD hits pretty hard (especially if they have Diabolos and the new mace on).

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Will leveling units always be such a tedious process ? It takes forever to get most of them even to 6* and the game never has any kind of 2x exp success chance event.

And i dont even pull THAT much - must be worse for the people with multiple 6* units and co.

Alkez

-- Arrival was excellent and devastating, Moana was really a genuinely good Disney film and you all should see both.

I watched Arrival earlier this week. I thought it was ok. The first half I thought was really interesting. I liked how it broke down what language is and how that tied in to the story. But the second half felt rushed to me.

Rixa

Hmm just for giggles, I started to download FFXIV to PS4. Havent touched to it over 1½ year :p.

TM farming going ok, in few days my CoD will magically learn to dual wield :D. Iam prolly not only one who soon gets 100% moogles full and uses / has used those 90% to one unit.

Hmm just for giggles, I started to download FFXIV to PS4. Havent touched to it over 1½ year :p.

TM farming going ok, in few days my CoD will magically learn to dual wield :D. Iam prolly not only one who soon gets 100% moogles full and uses / has used those 90% to one unit.

I will have 10 when the arena ones come out I was originally going to put them all into one but now I'm just gonna use 1 on each unit when it hits 90% I may use more on Maxwells TM to get it faster.

I still can't beat Antonella for the life of me. I've tried all the strategies on Reddit, and nothing is working. I simply run out of items before I even get close to beating that damn plant, and I'm going in with full sticks of downs, elixirs, and mega ethers. I have managed to get it down to the last vine and the main flower, but that's all she wrote. I quit because there's no way I can do enough damage before it would take me out.

Any strategies from around here? I am running a decent, but non-TM team. And my CoD is maxed, but doesn't hit all that hard because I only have the mythril mace to equip. Which is why I'm doing the damn trial to begin with. The only hitters worth a damn so far have been my BCL with the killer bow and whatever friend unit I bring.

bonkeng

I still can't beat Antonella for the life of me. I've tried all the strategies on Reddit, and nothing is working. I simply run out of items before I even get close to beating that damn plant, and I'm going in with full sticks of downs, elixirs, and mega ethers. I have managed to get it down to the last vine and the main flower, but that's all she wrote. I quit because there's no way I can do enough damage before it would take me out.

Any strategies from around here? I am running a decent, but non-TM team. And my CoD is maxed, but doesn't hit all that hard because I only have the mythril mace to equip. Which is why I'm doing the damn trial to begin with. The only hitters worth a damn so far have been my BCL with the killer bow and whatever friend unit I bring.

I thought you have Luneth and Elza?

Zhadgon

Well hello fellow gaffers, it has been two weeks, spend some time in vacation and after that a lot of work, still did my dailies, gifts and the events to get most of things.

Decide to spend 15 tickets chasing Elza and Tillith guess what I got: DKC and my first rainbow crystal (not even mad he has a great TM).

Now I decide to chase for Gilgamesh, Bartz and Exdeath (did not have any of the later), spend 11 tickets, my results were:

2 x Bartz (both of them gold crystals)
1 x Alma (My third one)
The rest garbage (Luna, Fran, Vivi, Krile, Roselia, 2xLani and Penelo).

And finally guess what... I got a rainbow crystal (hell yeah, a probability of getting Gilgamesh), I open the crystal and this is what I got:

mii1tipm.png

Well a little to late but still awesome and very happy, I mean is not Gilgamesh but still a great five star and my second one.

.n_n.

I just tried it for the first time last night and beat it in about 5 min or so. Team was Luneth/Refia/CoD/Cecil all Max level and then my Exdeath at level 81 and some random Elza. I just kept doing AoE attacks and Barrage the whole time Cecil would Provoke and spot heal. I do have Dual Cast on Refia so she was able to keep everyone alive except Exdeath just don't think he had the HP at that level to stay up. I ended up having to use an Elixer on Refia and a Turbo Ether on CoD. From my experience AoE works very well. Not sure what other units you have but if you have any top tier level them and use them.

Lyrian

Anyone in here in the top 3000 monthly right now? How many monthly points do you have?

Just barely on the outside looking in.

Right this second, 53886 points is 3264th place. So the line is probably at around 55000 points right now.

Daily + 1: Locke (ok for Rising Sun, I guess) + GOLD --> Refia (um..... not sure how to feel about that. I guess good for farming Mentality I suppose.)

ExVicis

So it's been a couple days since the update and I can't get into the Colosseum and haven't since. I hope I'm not the only one but it's getting really frustrating to not be able to get in there anymore and use up the Colosseum or Arena energy. Basically what happens is the minute I slect and enter the Colosseum the screen goes black and then the app crashes. Is there anyone who knows or has ideas on what I should do about this?

Valentus

Well hello fellow gaffers, it has been two weeks, spend some time in vacation and after that a lot of work, still did my dailies, gifts and the events to get most of things.

Decide to spend 15 tickets chasing Elza and Tillith guess what I got: DKC and my first rainbow crystal (not even mad he has a great TM).

Now I decide to chase for Gilgamesh, Bartz and Exdeath (did not have any of the later), spend 11 tickets, my results were:

2 x Bartz (both of them gold crystals)
1 x Alma (My third one)
The rest garbage (Luna, Fran, Vivi, Krile, Roselia, 2xLani and Penelo).

And finally guess what... I got a rainbow crystal (hell yeah, a probability of getting Gilgamesh), I open the crystal and this is what I got:

mii1tipm.png

Well a little to late but still awesome and very happy, I mean is not Gilgamesh but still a great five star and my second one.

.n_n.

congratz dude, lightning and donkey kong are good members of any party.

Well, in the story we finally meet Mercedes, but we dont have it in the banner... could gumi release her next week upgrading the banner from 4 to 5 units?

Or, since the next exploration event for sure will be the majin fina banner (advice: that banner is horrible. Elle is a Galuf-type of tank and luka's healing abilities cant be dualcasted, and dont have curaja... Majin Fina is the real deal)

Anyway, aside of the incredible 6star upgrade of Rain and Chizuru, you should avoid the majin fina banner and focus in this banner if:

You dont have heavy hitters (Gilgamesh, Bartz)
You dont have a good mage (Exdeath)
You dont have a full breaker (Faris)

Or you should focus on next banner (FFIII) if:

You dont have another tank aside of Cecil (Snow)
You dont have another good mage (Hope)
You dont have AND WANT Lightning (......lightning? xD)

Because the majin fina and FFZero part I wont fill any holes in your setup if you have any.

Lyrian

Just got back from Thanksgiving vacation, and fired up Nox for the first time. Last time I used it was pre-update. Now FFBE crashes every 10-30 seconds. Sometimes I can't even get into the world map before it crashes. Is this happening to anyone else?

I'm using Nox right now just fine (because I screwed up my Memu installation last night, oops). No issues to report here. Are you on the latest version 3.7.1?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

Because the majin fina and FFZero part I wont fill any holes in your setup if you have any.

I would advise to hold off planning on the XIII till we see it. If they don't divide it up, it will be an absolutely miserable banner.

I also think you're correct with them adding Mercedes onto the Majin Fina banner.

H3xum

Well, in the story we finally meet Mercedes, but we dont have it in the banner... could gumi release her next week upgrading the banner from 4 to 5 units?

Or, since the next exploration event for sure will be the majin fina banner (advice: that banner is horrible. Elle is a Galuf-type of tank and luka's healing abilities cant be dualcasted, and dont have curaja... Majin Fina is the real deal)

Anyway, aside of the incredible 6star upgrade of Rain and Chizuru, you should avoid the majin fina banner and focus in this banner if:

Is the FFX banner far far away? I still don't have any 5* base units but I do have a 400+attk Bartz and CoD and a strong Chiz ready to go. So I think I am saving my 25k Lapis and 50+ tickets for Tidus and Rikku if it's not far. Don't know if I want to dump for Orlandu even tho I have an excalibur. I am F2P afterall

bonkeng

Is the FFX banner far far away? I still don't have any 5* base units but I do have a 400+attk Bartz and CoD and a strong Chiz ready to go. So I think I am saving my 25k Lapis and 50+ tickets for Tidus and Rikku if it's not far. Don't know if I want to dump for Orlandu even tho I have an excalibur. I am F2P afterall

Tidus was released exactly 2 months after Orlandu in jp.

Orlandu global release should be January or February. Tidus around March at the earliest.

Zhadgon

Thanks, my team is pretty nice Lightning, CoD, Cecil, Vaan and Refia (need to level Lightning, and Cecil (still leveling him up his lb)).

.n_n.

Rixa

Which of these units can I throw away without even bothering to TM?
Krile

Galuf Lani Rakshasa are expendable though you might as well keep one of each and fuse dupes into them

You can fuse all Kriles to one, Krile has 5* awakening but I think you dont need more than one at all.

Damn...I thought the new 5* units weren't in the rainbow pull?

So did I. It seems its only for JP. Dunno if its patched at someday or if we get that Gold pull = base 4*, Rainbow = base 5*.

forgrim

man i have abyssmal luck sometimes, pulled like 10 single pulls and dailies everyday and didn't get a single banner unit. whereas i see everyone else getting flooded with these units.

at the end of the banner, i might have to ten pull.

I also got nothing of worth, edgar, shantotto, and other garbageo

H3xum

Tidus was released exactly 2 months after Orlandu in jp.

Orlandu global release should be January or February. Tidus around March at the earliest.

Hmmm that is so far away...

What are some opinions? I have ExDeth, Bartz, Cecil, Refia, and CoD 6*. Chiz and Agrias waiting for their 6*. Have maxed Arcs and Kefkas and Tellahs.

Think I can make it til then with you strong dudes on my companion list? (I have been able to do every trial and event boss up to this point)

I thought you have Luneth and Elza?

Nope. The only 5* I have is Maxwell. I've never pulled a real gold/rainbow.

I just tried it for the first time last night and beat it in about 5 min or so. Team was Luneth/Refia/CoD/Cecil all Max level and then my Exdeath at level 81 and some random Elza. I just kept doing AoE attacks and Barrage the whole time Cecil would Provoke and spot heal. I do have Dual Cast on Refia so she was able to keep everyone alive except Exdeath just don't think he had the HP at that level to stay up. I ended up having to use an Elixer on Refia and a Turbo Ether on CoD. From my experience AoE works very well. Not sure what other units you have but if you have any top tier level them and use them.

Huh. I don't have Luneth, unfortunately. So your combo of Elza and Luneth might be why I can't pull through. I'm just not doing enough damage per turn. And my Refia doesn't have dual cast. I'll keep trying of course, but it's kicking my ass at the moment.

Pejo

Man there really is no great option for leveling units right now. Either it's suck it up and burn energy inefficiently at the vortex, or spin in circles for 15 mins in one of the explorations. Gimme Dunes back!

Also, Noctis' sprite looks great for his upcoming update. I'm sure they're going to make him 5* super hard to get, but I wouldn't mind snagging him.

Man there really is no great option for leveling units right now. Either it's suck it up and burn energy inefficiently at the vortex, or spin in circles for 15 mins in one of the explorations. Gimme Dunes back!

Also, Noctis' sprite looks great for his upcoming update. I'm sure they're going to make him 5* super hard to get, but I wouldn't mind snagging him.

You can get about 28000 exp for 7 energy running ADV bridge doing all the fights. Not as efficient as the explorations and no drops but a lot faster.

c-murph

Are the Dunes actually more efficient? You still burn 15 Stamina each run and are only basically guaranteed one Giant Cactuar. Which gives 30,000 EXP... One run in the Vortex at 15 Stamina gives 30,000+. Really I don't see much difference in the average per run unless you get really lucky with the multiple Metal Cactaurs drops. Personally, I only get like two on occasion, unless I just have really shitty luck in there. The vortex would average better if you solo'd it and had multiple Growth Eggs (45,000+EXP & 60,000+EXP for two).

Whales

Banned
Are the Dunes actually more efficient? You still burn 15 Stamina each run and are only basically guaranteed one Giant Cactuar. Which gives 30,000 EXP... One run in the Vortex at 15 Stamina gives 30,000+. Really I don't see much difference in the average per run unless you get really lucky with the multiple Metal Cactaurs drops. The vortex would average better if you solo'd it and had multiple Growth Eggs (45,000+EXP & 60,000+EXP for two).

all it takes for cactuars is to get a single run of 3 big ones and its already better than vortex
On average I would often get around 2 big cactuars per run than 1

EDarkness

Are the Dunes actually more efficient? You still burn 15 Stamina each run and are only basically guaranteed one Giant Cactuar. Which gives 30,000 EXP... One run in the Vortex at 15 Stamina gives 30,000+. Really I don't see much difference in the average per run unless you get really lucky with the multiple Metal Cactaurs drops.

I think it averages out to be good to run the dunes. Mainly because some runs you get one, but other runs you get 2 or 3. I ran it the last time it was up and got three for all three runs I made. Ended up being much better than running the EXP missions. The other advantage is that you can get EXP that can be "saved" and used on whomever you want and actually have a chance for better successes which can make that EXP go further. It's something to think about at least.

Syrus

Banned
GUYS. Number one. Got zidane finally

DO THE BIG BRIDGE ADV for EXPERIENCE

Youll get 28.4k per run for 7 NRG. 2x as much as adv vortex

Takes 5 minutes to do all battles.

Go up left side 3 battles then right side then go back down center til u fight 3 sahagins.

You can bring a strong 6 star ally and use one character easily. Prefer a lightning or luneh for hit all

c-murph

The only time I had good runs in the Dunes was the first time it came around. It was like 3 Giant Metal Cactaurs like 100% of the time. Never happened again. Now I'm lucky to see two on occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom