• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alkez

Oh yeah, since no one mentioned this yet from the stream overnight,

Noctis tease

It's weird, I never really liked Noctis' design (too generic and Sasuke like) but I really like the look of that sprite (especially the swords in the air).

Congrats to everyone who managed to get some tms today.

leehom

Are you kidding me, FFXV instead of the GOAT FFVII??

I guess it would be wise to release FFXV around the same time the game is released.

c-murph

I guess it would be wise to release FFXV around the same time the game is released.

Gotta cash in on all that hype!

They'll most likely do the same for VII. When is the first Disc suppose to be released? Winter 2017?

Alkez

Yesterday I got home just after midnight. I was about to set up my tm farming when I realised that when I wake up I would be too close to a rank up to efficiently use my nrg. Thus I made the only logical decision. I stayed up till 2am using all of my nrg and arena orbs before ranking up, then used my arena orbs on the refresh before starting my tm farming for the night.

It's safe to say I have an unhealthy addiction lol.

I went through the event for the first time to use my nrg. Fairly easy event (for me at least). Did everything first time except no KOs on elite because Gilgamesh decided to just focus on Agrius turn 1 and I got no cover.

Yesterday I got home just after midnight. I was about to set up my tm farming when I realised that when I wake up I would be too close to a rank up to efficiently use my nrg. Thus I made the only logical decision. I stayed up till 2am using all of my nrg and arena orbs before ranking up, then used my arena orbs on the refresh before starting my tm farming for the night.

It's safe to say I have an unhealthy addiction lol.

I went through the event for the first time to use my nrg. Fairly easy event (for me at least). Did everything first time except no KOs on elite because Gilgamesh decided to just focus on Agrius turn 1 and I got no cover.

Do you automatically wake up every 2-3 hours to make sure your TMfarming hasn't crashed? Because i do :-/

chrono01

My first five star daily... Gilgamesh!

:D

was so scared it was gonna end up a rainbow garnet or some shit like that
Congrats on the Gilgamesh, guys!

It's on like Donkey Kong.

GUNGNIR BOYZ

I'm glad I pulled Elza because I can actually put it to use.
Congrats! DKC gets even more beastly.

I'm surprised that they didn't announce something FFVII-related during the recent live-stream. Given the games' popularity, it's largely overdue, but maybe they're waiting for the game to drop in interest before they release them.

Razmos

If we get Noctis quite soon I might save for him.

There is bound to be more than just Noctis on the banner too, I'm willing to bet we will get Noctis as a 5*-6*, Ignis and Gladiolus at 4*-6* and Prompto as a 3*-6*. That would be pretty cool

Broseybrose

Memu was crashing overnight for me as well. I tried installing the newest release and it started freezing every five minutes.

So i completely uninstalled Memu. Then I reinstalled the version that used to work fine, the one before the newest release. And it's been fine ever since the reinstall. No crashes, goes overnight and all day if I want...

On another note I did a 10+1 and got some new units! Bartz, Faris, Firion, and 2nd Exdeath. Just dailies for me til the next banner. I have so much leveling to do.

Still have no base 5* :( But I have everything else :)

Also I FINALLY got all my espers to 2* evolution last night... I took way too long to do that!

Alkez

Do you automatically wake up every 2-3 hours to make sure your TMfarming hasn't crashed? Because i do :-/

LOL. I usually wake up around 4 or 5am because I don't sleep that well so I end up checking it just in case. But I use macros on my phone so I just look to the left and go back to sleep lol.

Valentus

So basically twin lance + dual weild = guaranteed 1 lb per enemy with cecil.

I run Phantom forest and got like 80 lb exp per run. Take me like 30 minutes the 26 fights

leehom

I think I understand why BM is such a good TM. Is it because it stacks on top of DW or DH?
Only downside is that it's only for katana's. Who can use a katana besides Chizuru, Firion and WoL?

Oh I see, looking it up now. Looks like Luneth, Gilgamesh and Lightning can use katanas too.

I only have Chiz, Firion and WoL. How many BM should I farm when I have three Chizuru's? Theoretically, would I even have all three on my team at one time?

I think I answered my own question. If I had Luneth, Lightning and a combination of Firion or WoL I would be able to use all three.

I guess I'll farm my other two BM after my current batch and a batch for Elza.

But, there isn't enough super powerful katana weapons for three characters. At most, maybe one. Hmmm

Lyrian

Two Genji gloves tho.

Excellent point. Didn't think about that.

I run Phantom forest and got like 80 lb exp per run. Take me like 30 minutes the 26 fights

Will definitely have to try that out.

After much, much grinding, story mode is finally complete. Exhausted, but my lapis wallet thanks me greatly.

Alkez

Good shout. My tm macro is also designed to do lbs, but your lb is not guaranteed every run. Just tested it with lance and it definitely adds to the consistency of the run.

H3xum

I was skimming over the notes from the JP 1st Anniversary event and Janken keeps coming up. Can anyone enlighten on what that is exactly?

Lyrian

Does barfira work on the grenades exploding? Trying to complete the last mission, failed three times already.

Yes, but if you are writing about the 5 grenade encounter in Widow's Peak, it may not be that much help.

Grenades explode at 50% life, which in Widow's Peak, is at 12.5k HP. Self-Destructs are fire 1-for-1 HP damage. Half of 12k damage is well.... yeah.

You need to either have a whole bunch of AoE limit breaks ready to go, need to sleep/paralyze them, or just bring a bunch of mages to mass chain Blizzaga on them to clear the round.

leehom

Yes, but if you are writing about the 5 grenade encounter in Widow's Peak, it may not be that much help.

Grenades explode at 50% life, which in Widow's Peak, is at 12.5k HP. Self-Destructs are fire 1-for-1 HP damage. Half of 12k damage is well.... yeah.

You need to either have a whole bunch of AoE limit breaks ready to go, need to sleep/paralyze them, or just bring a bunch of mages to mass chain Blizzaga on them to clear the round.
Yes, that's the one. I'll try the blizzard and pray it works. Tired of wasting nrg because I want to complete it.

Thanks alot. Blizzaga did the trick. Was holding my breath at the end when they had a teeny bit of hp left, but the chain finished it off last second.

Kouriozan

Party:

Cecil
Vaan
Lenna
Exdeath
Cloud of Darkness

Which Esper should I have on each character?

Cecil : Golem
Vaan : Ifrit or Diabolos
Lenna : Carbuncle (or Siren if you don't own it yet)
Exdeath Ramuh
CoD : Ifrit or Diabolos

You can put Shiva instead of Diabolos for a few more ATK but personally I love Man-Eater.

Xion86

Yeah, mostly focusing on TM Farming for the next couple of month into the new year. I kinda have a rough idea of what I what to do. Most of the events I go through rather quickly and usually don't have to repeat them. My team is doing fairly well and was able to tackle everything so far. I did very little karma grinding in the last event. Bought essentials I wanted. Elza upgrades, Mog, and a couple other materias... Probably going to continue with that trend for all future King Mog events.

I have such a backlog of TMs I want right now that it's my main priority:
Two Dualcasts will be replaced with Two Ultimas.
Three Dual Wields will be replaced with Three Black Cowls.

After those are done I have a couple of options to choose from: Weapons (Excalibur x 2, Death Scythe, Omnirod), Armours/Accessories (Maximilian x 4, Minerva Bustier x 3, Bracer x 3, Aegis Shield x 3). Not to mention I still have to do another 4 Dualcasts and another Ultima to throw in there somewhere.

Probably going to end up combining two and two Maximilians, two Minervas and two Aegis Shields. The Bracers I'll run all three to 100%.

Lapis refills. Most of my hard earned Lapis is going on refreshes. Basically, keep my phone running while I'm off doing other things. lol.

Next question...do you have an external battery pack connected to your phone the whole time?! :D haha, battery life on phones now are terrible. I only use my phone when I can for this during work and by the time I get home it's on around 10%, I use my iPad for most the other times.

Rootbeer

Banned
That Noctis tease. I'm so excited T__T He will be mine.

Daily: Another exdeath. I fused some in the past, but with this new one I now have four (and one about 20% to TM). Gonna try for a 5 team. Long term goals, yo.

Valentus

Cecil : Golem
Vaan : Ifrit or Diabolos
Lenna : Carbuncle (or Siren if you don't own it yet)
Exdeath Ramuh
CoD : Ifrit or Diabolos

You can put Shiva instead of Diabolos for a few more ATK but personally I love Man-Eater.

seconded. Also if your lenna is too weak or you need her to endure most attacks, you should put golem in her.

So, still in the cecil 1 enemy = 1 lb run, i see the amount of enemies in each exploration...

Phantom forest = 68 enemies (67 lb total)
Zadehl Westersand = 72 enemies (71 lb total)
Lanzelt Highlands = 52 enemies (51 lb total)
Wolfsfang Peak = 70 enemies (69 lb total)
Lanzelt Ruins = 55 enemies (54 lb total)

so, in the second island, the max lb production per run should be in Zadehl Westersand (staph wandering when you get 1889 gil and face the boss)

How do I level my Espers? I know obviously you use the shards, but what's the optimum way?

All of mine are still 1* :(

The optimun way was farming dragons in the FFIII exploration xD

You should feed him magicite. Each esper has a affinity with a certain color of magicite. You should notice when you feed magicite to the esper, the magicite with affinity has "1,5x" over it. It means that magicite will give 50% more exp than normal.

Xion86

How do I level my Espers? I know obviously you use the shards, but what's the optimum way?

All of mine are still 1* :(

A good way is to farm Phantom Forest (exploration). You will get shards that you can use to train up your Espers. They will come along slowly don't worry :), just to note that you can't earn everything on the skill board, so maybe decide what you want when they hit 2 stars and you get the complete board opened up.

Shouta

Man, JP got so many summon tickets from the Fan event and 1 year anniversary this weekend. I'm sitting at 37 right now and I started with 0 earlier this week, lol.

bonkeng

I think I understand why BM is such a good TM. Is it because it stacks on top of DW or DH?
Only downside is that it's only for katana's. Who can use a katana besides Chizuru, Firion and WoL?

Oh I see, looking it up now. Looks like Luneth, Gilgamesh and Lightning can use katanas too.

I only have Chiz, Firion and WoL. How many BM should I farm when I have three Chizuru's? Theoretically, would I even have all three on my team at one time?

I think I answered my own question. If I had Luneth, Lightning and a combination of Firion or WoL I would be able to use all three.

I guess I'll farm my other two BM after my current batch and a batch for Elza.

But, there isn't enough super powerful katana weapons for three characters. At most, maybe one. Hmmm

BM is crazy good. And you don't need a super strong katana for it either. Paired with Dual Wield, BM gives +50% bonus damage to both attacks.

Murasame+BM will always be better than Excalibur. Chijiraden and Sakurafubuki only makes it much better.

Man, JP got so many summon tickets from the Fan event and 1 year anniversary this weekend. I'm sitting at 37 right now and I started with 0 earlier this week, lol.

I wish we will get that too O_O

Valentus

Pretty sure Global gonna get the same treatment when we get our anniversary...

well, brave frontier global gets not once, not twice, but THRICE "unit of choice" events (December 29 2015, April 3 2016, and the current one that will take place November 30)

Now, you have to see 2 things:

1.- When the first unit of choice was announced, the pool of units in brave frontier was close to 150 premium units. Actually in exvius global the pool of premium units is 69. When the first anniversary takes place, we will have like 100 premium units. So i dont think we will have something like a Unit of Choice event.

2.- Brave frontier is 100% gumi property. In exvius, most of all events, deals, sales, etc must have Square-Enix's approval, and i dont think those guys would want that kind of event.

Square-Enix would be more like "UNIT OF CHOICE!, ONLY $50!!!! FOR LIMITED TIME!"

Whales

Banned
how does people use nox to TM farm?

My memu keeps crashing for no reason now, I tried using nox but it literally ALWAYS breaks after a few runs, for no reasons.

Ugh... gonna lose lot of TM progress from this

tariniel

Guys how did this happen? I brought a friend unit to arena? I was doing stuff, it asked me to "Please log in again", and then it automatically brought a friend?

W3zlDU0.jpg

Edit: Omg it brought the same CoD to another arena battle. Pls don't ban me I didn't do this on purpose. I force closed the game and restarted and it fixed it.

c-murph

Next question...do you have an external battery pack connected to your phone the whole time?! :D haha, battery life on phones now are terrible. I only use my phone when I can for this during work and by the time I get home it's on around 10%, I use my iPad for most the other times.

haha nope. Just carry my charger with me.

But I have a question about phones. If I were to get a new phone will I lose my current amount of Lapis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom