• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad it doesn't help with actual Nox crashes which is the main issue most people have.

Nox crashes or ff:be crashes? Either way, unless you're farming tm by hand, these macros are still better than any other macro you're using since it completes runs faster. So if you're using an emulator at all - which it seems almost everyone is - you're still best off with these macros

the ffbe unit ranking added gilgamesh, they put him 5th in dps behind CoD :I

Guess it doesnt assume dual wield? Gilgamesh is better with DW no?

Yes they only consider TMs when it's convenient for their favorites. Can't wait for them not putting Orlandu in the top 5.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
damn, yall gonna make me regret pulling hard for him

Why? You have another 5* unit that will be a major damage dealer, great AE, and the best TM reward in the game still.

I still feel like you all need to get away from Reddit and the Wiki at times. LOL.

Valentus

Hes not bad though

Defintely worth a slot if you dont have those other units

that analysis of that page is just stupid. TMs are not a taboo for F2P players anymore. Most of F2P people can have access to 5+ trust moogles, so getting a dual weild (or even a genji glove) is not a problem anymore.

Its true that with no-TMs, lightning and luneth are stronger than gilgamesh, but with the same TMs in the 3 units, Gilgamesh obliterates both of them

Muku

I wouldn't whale for Gilga, but his Trust is good. And if you don't really have any other powerhouse, no reason to regret it. Right now my Luneth and small CoD army make me feel secure enough just to do daily pulls. I'm content with that for now. I am waiting for our savior, Orlandu.

Daily pull on main... Ludmille. But my daily pull on my alt account was Xiao. Didn't have her there, so I'm cool. Then, on a whim, I had the sudden urge to use the ticket we got today for another pull. I went through with it and got... Vaan! Woohoo! That's a really nice pull for there. Hell, I don't even have him on my main. >< Time to bust out the EXP runs.

Kouriozan

I agree exviuswiki ratings are so random, for some they include TM (dual cast) but for Gilgamesh they don't include Dual Wield even though his own TM will give it, so weird.

EDarkness

I agree exviuswiki ratings are so random, for some they include TM (dual cast) but for Gilgamesh they don't include Dual Wield even though his own TM will give it, so weird.

I don't know why they include TMRs at all since I think the unit should stand on it's own. What you do with them after that is up to you. Which is why it kinda sucks that Refia is ranked only when using dual cast. I don't have dual cast an so her rating doesn't mean jack to me. TMRs just shouldn't matter in this stuff, especially since they don't count it for every character equally.

Kouriozan

They probably should make 2 rankings, one without TMs and one with.
Or just don't include TMs at all and give tips about what would improve the unit significantly (TMs or not)

Eww this is not good at all :(.

Bumping this since we got confirmation that there is new rainbow trolls.

Everytime a 4 star has been announced with a new 5 star upgrade, I've seen people bring up the question, "will they appear in rainbow crystals?" The answer was usually "no"...

Well, it seems that information was wrong. Bleeping Krile in a rainbow crystal today!! This means Everytime a max 4 star is upgraded, our pool gets even more diluted! Just fantastic...

Valentus

They probably should make 2 rankings, one without TMs and one with.
Or just don't include TMs at all and give tips about what would improve the unit significantly (TMs or not)

that would be the best.

Specially in global, where i dont know how you can beat unbalanced content that gumi are throwing at us without a TM'd friend.

Whales

Banned
that analysis of that page is just stupid. TMs are not a taboo for F2P players anymore. Most of F2P people can have access to 5+ trust moogles, so getting a dual weild (or even a genji glove) is not a problem anymore.

Its true that with no-TMs, lightning and luneth are stronger than gilgamesh, but with the same TMs in the 3 units, Gilgamesh obliterates both of them

yeah, thats what I thought
anyways, used FFBE calculator , and with TMs im gonna have soon ( 50% Excal, Blade mastery, and dual wield at 94%) hes gonna have literally 700 ATK

and I have a sakurafubuki at 10% with maxwell's tm at 10% too, with those he rises to freaking 781 ATK, crazy shit

Woot!!! Finally beat Antonella! Thanks for the AoE tip. All the strategies recommended focusing on one at a time, but when I switched up to attacking all of the branches it went MUCH smoother.

Got my CoD up to a respectable (non-TM) attack of 416. Feels good to have a heavy hitter.

Celegus

What macro do you guys use for TM Farming? I made my own at first and then recently found out about this thread. This is completely nuts, watching the TM farming macro at work is like nothing short of magic, idk how anyone figured this stuff out.

This thing is awesome! Way way way faster than the one I recorded myself. Thanks so much for the link, highly recommend it to anyone that macros!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
The best thing would be to not include numbers. A simple 5, 4,3,2,1 Star rating would be more effective and remove the issue everyone is complaining about right now.

If they didn't include TMs, no one would beat Luneth and Lightning, even Orlandu, Tidus, and Eileen.

If they include TMs, it's under the assumption you have said TMs.

Like, comparing Giglamesh to CoD. CoD has the +Man Eater, Reduce ATK/AE Silence, and Call of the Void. Add on all the resistances and he has a much better kit than Giglamesh.

But the catch is CoD is a terrible unit to gear up and Giglamesh can equip everything under the sun. Blade Mastery + his own Ability makes him the most effective unit with a Katana by far and he should easily net 100+ ATK over Luneth and Lightning, and even more over CoD. Who is basically stuck with the only usable gear being a single TM, a past event, and a trial to make effective. That is it.

So basically, how are you going to rate them? Who is better? CoD has a better overall kit, but Gigalmesh can do much more damage. But CoD's resistance basically makes her a tank and someone you don't need to worry about, while Giglamesh can equip any weapon.

Then we add in Luneth and Lightning, who Lightning can elemental chain fairly easy and comes with the Lightning weakness to increase her damage and others. While Luneth is an extremely easy chain for massive damage. In a pure single target, I believe he still has the highest with chain. He also comes with immunity to the 4 most damage effects.

While Elza has the best Debuff in the came to increase damage, Mana Drain, and is basically the full package in terms of damage dealing. But like CoD, she is stuck with limited gear, though not nearly as limiting.

So the question is, who is better? How do you rank it?
Ease of TMs? Max ability before or after? Kit vs raw output? Overall package including ability to stay alive?

A number system feels detrimental.

It's also another reason why I dislike including TMs into rankings too, since there is much variance. By simply not having one piece of the puzzle, you drastically lose out. Don't have Miyuki? You're stuck with Marasume with nearly 40 ATK less. Is Blade Mastery worth it over an Excalibur then? When you can slap another 10% between 30% ATK in it's place.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I feel like we should do a rating system.

Shit - Shadow
Meh - Edgar, Vivi
Good - Arc
Excellent - Buttz, Exdeath
Whale - Lightning
Waifu - Refia
Make Chilly Quit - Tilith

Muku

I feel like we should do a rating system.

Shit - Shadow
Meh - Edgar, Vivi
Good - Arc
Excellent - Buttz, Exdeath
Whale - Lightning
Waifu - Refia
Make Chilly Quit - Tilith

OH ... snap... That last one hit right where it hurts. :(

Also, I thought Lightning was waifu material?

chrono01

BASED DAILY REWARD TICKET

Now my only problem is that I'm missing two Calamity Writs to awaken him...

Well hello fellow gaffers, it has been two weeks, spend some time in vacation and after that a lot of work, still did my dailies, gifts and the events to get most of things.

Decide to spend 15 tickets chasing Elza and Tillith guess what I got: DKC and my first rainbow crystal (not even mad he has a great TM).

Now I decide to chase for Gilgamesh, Bartz and Exdeath (did not have any of the later), spend 11 tickets, my results were:

2 x Bartz (both of them gold crystals)
1 x Alma (My third one)
The rest garbage (Luna, Fran, Vivi, Krile, Roselia, 2xLani and Penelo).

And finally guess what... I got a rainbow crystal (hell yeah, a probability of getting Gilgamesh), I open the crystal and this is what I got:

mii1tipm.png

Well a little to late but still awesome and very happy, I mean is not Gilgamesh but still a great five star and my second one.

.n_n.

Evem though I wasted alot of money

I GOT ZIDANE!!! On a daily pull :D. Instant 70% to DW
Congrats to you all (on the 5*'s, as well as Zidane pull!

Things are still bleak on my end, but I'm used to it.

Eww this is not good at all :(.
Welp.

Couldn't Help myself on this one

5 11 pulls on this banner all together to get this

Thankfully the black friday plus Amazon discount helped shave off some of the moentary pain. :p

But yeah officially done. I have all the units i could ever need going forward.

For now ill upgrade my 6 star capable backlog, form teams and Builds. Stick to daily pulls and event tickets etc...

agFfKCdl.png
\o/!

Did a 10+1 pull after running through most of the missions and pulled a rainbow but no Gilgamesh. Got DKC instead which in the long run is perhaps better? Also got 2x Exdeath, an Ingus and my first Xiao so I am most pleased.
DKC is amazing, once he gets all of his enhancements. Congrats!

Why? You have another 5* unit that will be a major damage dealer, great AE, and the best TM reward in the game still.

I still feel like you all need to get away from Reddit and the Wiki at times. LOL.
I've stopped going to Reddit, since I got tired of seeing everyone post their amazing luck when I am without. :(

Shouta

The best thing would be to not include numbers. A simple 5, 4,3,2,1 Star rating would be more effective and remove the issue everyone is complaining about right now.

If they didn't include TMs, no one would beat Luneth and Lightning, even Orlandu, Tidus, and Eileen.

Actually, the latter 3 would still beat Luneth and Lightning in rankings. The big thing is that neither Lightning nor Luneth have strong elemental games. Dual-Wield kinda evens it out but maybe only barely. With Tidus, it's his versatility that gets him high marks though he's powerful as well.

If you factor in ability enhancement, then Lightning goes up but Luneth doesn't because he doesn't have any right now.

EDarkness

Actually, the latter 3 would still beat Luneth and Lightning in rankings. The big thing is that neither Lightning nor Luneth have strong elemental games. Dual-Wield kinda evens it out but maybe only barely. With Tidus, it's his versatility that gets him high marks though he's powerful as well.

If you factor in ability enhancement, then Lightning goes up but Luneth doesn't because he doesn't have any right now.

One thing I'm confused about is what are ability enhancements and how do they work? Is it some kind of materia you equip on them?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

Isn't that also dependent on situations too. I agree with the basis, but doesn't the current boss have immunity to all three of those characters elements? Making them as Damage Dealers irrelevant?

Got yet another Cecil from the daily, today. I officially have TM armies waiting to be used.

5 Luna (I'm working on this right now to get Barrage for my DKC)
4 Cecil (gotta get that Excalibur!)
3 Zidane
2 Locke

I don't wanna TM farm but dang it I want to at the same time.

Veggy

Is there an emulator besides Nox? It just doesn't work on my system for some reason, just hard crashes at 99% install. I really really need to TM farm and don't want to sit there doing earth shrine for weeks

Daily pull was Buttz

Whales

Banned
Is there an emulator besides Nox? It just doesn't work on my system for some reason, just hard crashes at 99% install. I really really need to TM farm and don't want to sit there doing earth shrine for weeks

Daily pull was Buttz

memu, but lately its been crashing too on some people (including me)

Yeah I just tried installing it, hard crashed my PC just like Nox :(

For some people (including me) the older 2.8 version of memu doesn't hard crash. The brave exvius app will still sometimes crash but the fast macro will reopen the app and just continue going.

Broseybrose

I like how Brosey thinks.

Haha

For some people (including me) the older 2.8 version of memu doesn't hard crash. The brave exvius app will still sometimes crash but the fast macro will reopen the app and just continue going.

Yeah I posted earlier about how i updated Memu with the new release and it started freezing really bad. So I uninstalled Memu completely, and reinstalled the previous version (that was closing the FFBE app overnight), and the problem resolved itself. Now Memu runs 24/7 if I want it to.

SO if you have access to the previous Memu release, try a complete uninstall-reinstall.

This thing is awesome! Way way way faster than the one I recorded myself. Thanks so much for the link, highly recommend it to anyone that macros!

I know right? I came back after 4 hours and Cecil had increased 3.5% and Gilgamesh had increased 3.9%. I'm lucky to get 3.5% after 3 nights using my self recorded macro. For 8-10k lapis I could knock out 5 TMs every couple of days with this.

Haha

Yeah I posted earlier about how i updated Memu with the new release and it started freezing really bad. So I uninstalled Memu completely, and reinstalled the previous version (that was closing the FFBE app overnight), and the problem resolved itself. Now Memu runs 24/7 if I want it to.

SO if you have access to the previous Memu release, try a complete uninstall-reinstall.

Tangentially, I was having all kinds of issues with the fast TM macro from the Reddit thread. The "vanilla" one, which is slower, has been working perfectly, at least so far. I'd rather something actually run through the night than burn down NRG marginally faster.

Tangentially, I was having all kinds of issues with the fast TM macro from the Reddit thread. The "vanilla" one, which is slower, has been working perfectly, at least so far. I'd rather something actually run through the night than burn down NRG marginally faster.

FWIW, the reddit thread claims to have been patched on 11/26, which was yesterday. So if it wasn't working for you before that, you can try again with the new version.

Shouta

One thing I'm confused about is what are ability enhancements and how do they work? Is it some kind of materia you equip on them?

Ability enhancements are different from materia. You use special stones you gather to enhance the skills of characters attacks that they come with. They gain a variety of buffs depending on skill like maybe it does more damage or if it debuffs elemental resistance, the percent will be bigger. Healers might gain refresh and tanks might gain more Spirit/Mind

Isn't that also dependent on situations too. I agree with the basis, but doesn't the current boss have immunity to all three of those characters elements? Making them as Damage Dealers irrelevant?

Sure but rankings are the overall look at the kit and how strong it is. Even if a boss might be immune to a certain element, that doesn't affect their rankings.

If you're referring to Aigaion, that big dumb robot, it has 100% Light & Dark and 50% Lightning & wind resist. In addition, it uses super attacks if hit with Lightning or Water attacks. Eileen is the best DPS for this fight because of Earth element and Machine Killer. Tidus is OK too because he doesn't benefit from water element in the same way that Orlandu benefits light. Orlandu works as well but you can't use Light weapons.

FWIW, the reddit thread claims to have been patched on 11/26, which was yesterday. So if it wasn't working for you before that, you can try again with the new version.

I did. No luck. It's a weird situation: things like the Lapis refill timer keep counting down, but as soon as I try to click on the screen, MEmu freezes and the process needs to be killed. Kinda laughable, but maybe lag + overwhelming number of inputs results in a MEmuory Leak.

Sorry.

Broseybrose

whered you get that 2.8 version?

It was still in my downloads folder.

Absolutely.

I create my own macros and they are 5 minutes long so they repeat with every energy given.

If I want full energy when I wake up I put a 30 sec delay between runs to give it a chance to gain.

condigy

Got memu working on linuxminux via vmware workstation(12). Had issues with the gfxcard (using a discrete card,nvida gforce gt 650m),but fixed this by using primus and editing the preferences vmware file.

Tried a lot of emulators before , but none seemed to work properly. This seems to be working which is good news ^.^, no more manual labor
Edit:Seems stuttery :|

Malakhov

Banned
Awesome, lots of you guys having great pulls!

Any of you got your hands on the holy TM? Is it MAG or SPR based? I have twelve exdeaths and will keep three for the arena so I was thinking that holy could be decent on Refia with her double cast?

Lyrian

Tried this myself. Good god, this is an order of magnitude faster than the handmade one I was using.

/epicfacepalm

Valentus

Awesome, lots of you guys having great pulls!

Any of you got your hands on the holy TM? Is it MAG or SPR based? I have twelve exdeaths and will keep three for the arena so I was thinking that holy could be decent on Refia with her double cast?

Unless you have a full mag refia, holy is very discrete in comparison with meteor, última, and even flare.

If it was AoE , holy would have been an excellent Magic, but is ST...

Dont waste your previous tm Farming time in getting holy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom