• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malakhov

Banned
Unless you have a full mag refia, holy is very discrete in comparison with meteor, última, and even flare.

If it was AoE , holy would have been an excellent Magic, but is ST...

Dont waste your previous tm Farming time in getting holy.
Thanks. Thought that maybe it would be spr based and give something to Refia to cast with her double cast when she doesn't have anything to do.

c-murph

I've been tossing all my boosts onto my Fencer (6* GUMI PLZ) with the occassional MP boost to Tilith. Probably, going to start loading up Elza next.

I noticed the game keeps track of the boosts next to their stats in green but does it tell you when you reach the cap? So, that way I know when to stop feeding them?

Edit: Ahhh nvm figured it out. Exvius wiki lists their Max Stats increases. I guess I reached the HP limit for 4* Fencer.

Broseybrose

I've been tossing all my boosts onto my Fencer (6* GUMI PLZ) with the occassional MP boost to Tilith. Probably, going to start loading up Elza next.

I noticed the game keeps track of the boosts next to their stats in green but does it tell you when you reach the cap? So, that way I know when to stop feeding them?

That's awesome! I didnt know the game did that...

Unfortunately dont know the answer to your question.

bonkeng

Ability enhancements are different from materia. You use special stones you gather to enhance the skills of characters attacks that they come with. They gain a variety of buffs depending on skill like maybe it does more damage or if it debuffs elemental resistance, the percent will be bigger. Healers might gain refresh and tanks might gain more Spirit/Mind

Sure but rankings are the overall look at the kit and how strong it is. Even if a boss might be immune to a certain element, that doesn't affect their rankings.

If you're referring to Aigaion, that big dumb robot, it has 100% Light & Dark and 50% Lightning & wind resist. In addition, it uses super attacks if hit with Lightning or Water attacks. Eileen is the best DPS for this fight because of Earth element and Machine Killer. Tidus is OK too because he doesn't benefit from water element in the same way that Orlandu benefits light. Orlandu works as well but you can't use Light weapons.

Shouta, are the current 5* bases available in Global still relevant in jp?

If you have Orlandu, Eileen, Tidus or Dark Veritas, does Lightning, Luneth, Gilgamesh or DKC fits in any party?

c-murph

That's awesome! I didnt know the game did that...

Unfortunately dont know the answer to your question.

Well, it does and it doesn't it seems...

The game shows you your overall increases with equips/abilities/traits/espers on next to their based stats in green. If you view a unit that isn't in a party and is naked with no equips/abilities/espers the stats show up next to the based stats in green still. These represent the boost you gave them. The only downside is that some of the higher star characters learn 10/20% boosts which alter the number too. So, you have to maths for those stats.

Broseybrose

Well, it does and it doesn't it seems...

The game shows you your overall increases with equips/abilities/traits/espers on next to their based stats in green. If you view a unit that isn't in a party and is naked with no equips/abilities/espers the stats show up next to the based stats in green still. These represent the boost you gave them. The only downside is that some of the higher star characters learn 10/20% boosts which alter the number too. So, you have to maths for those stats.

Ah I didnt take into account the inherent character stat boosts. Thanks for pointing that out.

Lyrian

Stupid question time.

Took all the HP pots from the week's arena awards and fed them to Refia.

Trying to figure out how much room for growth I have left with her, and I keep missing something, as her base form is reporting a HP boost far above what the wiki says her max should be.

-- I've unequipped her esper.
-- I've unequipped all of her equipment.
-- I've unequipped all of her abilities/materia.

-- I've factored in that she has a innate HP +10%.

What else am I possibly forgetting to unequip or take into account?

Vashetti

Banned
Been working on a lot of story content and finally crossed 5K lapis for the first time in ages, feels good. Gonna keep saving I think.

Broseybrose

Stupid question time.

Trying to figure out how much room for growth I have left with her, and I keep missing something, as her base form is reporting a HP boost far above what the wiki says her max should be.

I think that's everything. Other than Equip/abilities and espers, there isnt anything other than inherent stat boosts, and stat pots.

Maybe you fed something to her in the past? Maybe you have her in another of your parties with an esper equipped there?

c-murph

Stupid question time.

Her max HP is 3121 at Level 100 for 6*.
10% innate should boost it to 3433 by my maths an increase of 312.
So, subtract 312 from what your green total is and you should have what you HP Boost is. 390 is apparently the max of HP boosts she can get.

Edit: I just stripped my Refia.
Says 3433 right meow for her HP with the overall boost being 312. I've added nothing to her so it checks out.

Lyrian

Her max HP is 3121 at Level 100 for 6*.
10% innate should boost it to 3433 by my maths an increase of 312.
So, subtract 312 from what your green total is and you should have what you HP Boost is. 390 is apparently the max of HP boosts she can get.

0jBwELs.png

587 > 390

Can't figure this out.

Rokuren

Are you checking her stats from a position where an esper would be adding to it?

You guys weren't joking about that Reddit script. Ridiculously fast.

Edit: didn't read; you mentioned that already.

Lyrian

587 is the total boost in stats - Your pot boost plus the 10% (312)

So, subtract 312 from the 587.

275 is what you put on her with pots.

Meaning you have 115 more points to go!

Derp!

That makes a ton of sense. Probably would have stared at that all night and not figured that out. Thanks!

bonkeng

Minor correction.

Lyrian probably put in only 250hp pots, +10% HP passive with the total of 275.

Passives also boost pots.

So his Refia still has 140 HP points to get, 154 hp including passives.

c-murph

Minor correction.

Oh shit. Did not know that. I guess that does change the calculation then if the 10% applies to the pot boost too.

Shouta

Shouta, are the current 5* bases available in Global still relevant in jp?

If you have Orlandu, Eileen, Tidus or Dark Veritas, does Lightning, Luneth, Gilgamesh or DKC fits in any party?

Luneth is the only one of the 4 that's been a bit left behind. Lightning, Gilga, and DKC all have Ability Enhancements that increase their overall strength. DKC is the best of the 4 after enhancements. They should easily compete with the former though they do have areas they do lack in comparison.

bonkeng

Luneth is the only one of the 4 that's been a bit left behind. Lightning, Gilga, and DKC all have Ability Enhancements that increase their overall strength. DKC is the best of the 4 after enhancements. They should easily compete with the former though they do have areas they do lack in comparison.

Thanks for the info. But in terms of relevancy, can those 3 realistically compete with the top? And how do they fit in the current meta?

Sorry for asking so many questions, I want to be prepared of which unit to use my stat pots on, and which banners to hard pull.

Whales

Banned

what are the enhancements gilga received? cant find any info on them

Lyrian

Minor correction.

Yup. That was what was throwing me off.

I was slowly coming to that answer when I realized that there was double compounding in play (the pots and the passive). Them C-Murph gave me the short answer to the very roundabout way I was trying to figure it out.

Refia has a max of (3121 + 390) * 1.1 = 3862

From my pic:

3862 - 3708 = 154 / 1.1 = 140 HP left to go.

Np I like da maths

And I'm my campus's finance and accounting tutor. This was supposed to be elementary-tier math for me to figure out. /grumble

Oh shit. Did not know that. I guess that does change the calculation then if the 10% applies to the pot boost too.

It all made sense what I realized that (of course about 10 seconds after I posted about it, lol).

bonkeng

Yup. That was what was throwing me off.

I was slowly coming to that answer when I realized that there was double compounding in play (the pots and the passive). Them C-Murph gave me the short answer to the very roundabout way I was trying to figure it out.

Refia has a max of (3121 + 390) * 1.1 = 3862

From my pic:

3862 - 3708 = 154 / 1.1 = 140 HP left to go.

And I'm my campus's finance and accounting tutor. This was supposed to be elementary-tier math for me to figure out. /grumble

It all made sense what I realized that (of course about 10 seconds after I posted about it, lol).

To be fair, yours and C-murph's math is not wrong. It's just both of you were thrown off with the passives working with stat pots as well.

I only figured this out by accident, when sometimes my Lightning gains 2-3 atk stats per 1 mini atk pot. Where it's only supposed to add +1 atk.

She has +30% innate, and the materias equipped on her totalling to +80% (BM, 3 +10% atk).

chrono01

Why doesn't this game have the bonus stats earned via pots in a separate color? You shouldn't need to do a bunch of calculations or keep track of it in a notepad as to how much you fed your characters, not to mention that if you try to fuse beyond the cap that the game won't warn you of it. :(

Shouta

Thanks for the info. But in terms of relevancy, can those 3 realistically compete with the top? And how do they fit in the current meta?

Sorry for asking so many questions, I want to be prepared of which unit to use my stat pots on, and which banners to hard pull.

Lightning has it the roughest of the 3 but still pretty strong. With Ability Enhancements, her strongest attack goes from ST 270% w/ -20% Lightning resist for 3 turns to ST 350% w/ -75% Lightning Resist for 3 turns. If you give her a Lightning element weapon, she can get some serious damage off it because of the extra resist debuff. Aerial Blast goes from AOE 180% to 220% which is pretty nice as well.

Gilgamesh is pretty potent after ability enhancements. His big AOE attack goes from 360% (after factoring defense ignore) to 571%. That's pretty competitive damage wise. Weapon Collector becomes nuts after enhancing twice and it gives him 50% attack power per weapon type instead of the range of numbers now. So he can get up to 100% more attack. His other attack that gets enhanced works really well with another Enhanced Gilgamesh but not so much without so it's not as a high priority.

DKC is the one of the three that got the best buffs from the enhancements. Souleater at max enhancement is ST 750% (was 320%) attack w/ -100% Dark resist (new) though HP drain goes up to 60% a use. Darkcannon is now a AOE 350% (was 250%) attack w/ -50% dark resist (new) that drains 40% HP. His passive enhancement got an additional 20% attack, 25% more dark resist, and he regens 10,000 HP a turn, I think? Basically, he's become a lot easier to use regularly. He can't Dual-Wield without a strategy in place, specifically Rem, but if he can, he's basically tagging folks for 3000% damage a turn before Element chain. Of course, he's dark element only so gotta watch out for enemies that resist dark

Big point of the meta right now is elemental damage and elemental chains. It's the big way of increasing your damage beyond the standard attack/defense formula. If you debuff an enemy to -100%, you're dealing double your damage if your attack is that element. Anyone can do it but the strongest characters have that as part of their kit, making it easier to do and achieve huge damage. The ones that don't have it as part of their kit need to supplement it with a weapon or an ability that grants them the element and someone to debuff that element for them. It's why I said to pick up Karl and Seria's weapons during BF because they have Fire and Ice elements.

Bonus pots aren't going to be too scarce if they end up releasing everything from JP at some point. It won't be plentiful but it'll be more than enough to stat max your favorite chars.

NomarTyme

Why doesn't this game have the bonus stats earned via pots in a separate color? You shouldn't need to do a bunch of calculations or keep track of it in a notepad as to how much you fed your characters, not to mention that if you try to fuse beyond the cap that the game won't warn you of it. :(

Japan has this already. Sucks that we got to wait to get it.

tuffymon

Nice, thanks for the tip! Time to level up all my characters.

Are you 100% positive this is right? I just cleared ADV and it only gave me 17,500 xp.

Down the middle to the door, hug left or right, go back to the start, swap sides, head to the door. I missed up my first time too ><;

bonkeng

Lightning has it the roughest of the 3 but still pretty strong. With Ability Enhancements, her strongest attack goes from ST 270% w/ -20% Lightning resist for 3 turns to ST 350% w/ -75% Lightning Resist for 3 turns. If you give her a Lightning element weapon, she can get some serious damage off it because of the extra resist debuff. Aerial Blast goes from AOE 180% to 220% which is pretty nice as well.

Gilgamesh is pretty potent after ability enhancements. His big AOE attack goes from 360% (after factoring defense ignore) to 571%. That's pretty competitive damage wise. Weapon Collector becomes nuts after enhancing twice and it gives him 50% attack power per weapon type instead of the range of numbers now. So he can get up to 100% more attack. His other attack that gets enhanced works really well with another Enhanced Gilgamesh but not so much without so it's not as a high priority.

DKC is the one of the three that got the best buffs from the enhancements. Souleater at max enhancement is ST 750% (was 320%) attack w/ -100% Dark resist (new) though HP drain goes up to 60% a use. Darkcannon is now a AOE 350% (was 250%) attack w/ -50% dark resist (new) that drains 40% HP. His passive enhancement got an additional 20% attack, 25% more dark resist, and he regens 10,000 HP a turn, I think? Basically, he's become a lot easier to use regularly. He can't Dual-Wield without a strategy in place, specifically Rem, but if he can, he's basically tagging folks for 3000% damage a turn before Element chain. Of course, he's dark element only so gotta watch out for enemies that resist dark

Big point of the meta right now is elemental damage and elemental chains. It's the big way of increasing your damage beyond the standard attack/defense formula. If you debuff an enemy to -100%, you're dealing double your damage if your attack is that element. Anyone can do it but the strongest characters have that as part of their kit, making it easier to do and achieve huge damage. The ones that don't have it as part of their kit need to supplement it with a weapon or an ability that grants them the element and someone to debuff that element for them. It's why I said to pick up Karl and Seria's weapons during BF because they have Fire and Ice elements.

Bonus pots aren't going to be too scarce if they end up releasing everything from JP at some point. It won't be plentiful but it'll be more than enough to stat max your favorite chars.

Wow, thanks for the detailed info. This is much more helpful than reading ExviusWiki, Altema or Famitsu and half-guessing what they mean.

How about Ramza, Delita and the Global Exclusives Elza, DemoRain, Dracwell? Do you have any opinion on how they stack up in jp?

Thanks again for the evaluations.

it also took me a long ass time to realize it means single target

also gilgamesh gets a 100% 6 hit ( so 12x with DW) so basically 1200% move. Crazy

DKC sounds insane too

From what I understand, only the hits increased, but the total damage is the same.

Before enhancement: 3 hits for 300% damage

After enhancement: 12 hits for 300% damage

Shouta

Wow, thanks for the detailed info. This is much more helpful than reading ExviusWiki, Altema or Famitsu and half-guessing what they mean.

How about Ramza, Delita and the Global Exclusives Elza, DemoRain, Dracwell? Do you have any opinion on how they stack up in jp?

Thanks again for the evaluations.

Ramza is basically Singing-bot Ramza in JP now. His enhancements to Hero's Song make it so it's better if you have him singing all the time now.

Delita's enhancements aren't as good but they basically make him the best MAG/SPR (65% w/ MP Refresh for 5 Turns in one move) buffer in the game and the strongest DEF and SPR debuffer (-60% for 5 turns, separate skills though). He has uses depending on fight.

Demon Rain and Dracu Lasswell probably won't hold up as well unless they get some seriously good Enhancements. Demon Rain doesn't have any strong attacks at all. So if they gave him strong enhancements to up his tanking ability so he could make use of his Double-Hand and Counter, that might work. Dracu Lasswell has a decent attack that could be upgraded nicely but he doesn't have any good passives that can be upgraded like regular Lasswell. After ability enhancements, regular Lasswell has 40% more attack and a more potent ST attack than Dracu Laswell does because of elemental damage.

bonkeng

Ramza is basically Singing-bot Ramza in JP now. His enhancements to Hero's Song make it so it's better if you have him singing all the time now.

Delita's enhancements aren't as good but they basically make him the best MAG/SPR (65% w/ MP Refresh for 5 Turns in one move) buffer in the game and the strongest DEF and SPR debuffer (-60% for 5 turns, separate skills though). He has uses depending on fight.

Demon Rain and Dracu Lasswell probably won't hold up as well unless they get some seriously good Enhancements. Demon Rain doesn't have any strong attacks at all. So if they gave him strong enhancements to up his tanking ability so he could make use of his Double-Hand and Counter, that might work. Dracu Lasswell has a decent attack that could be upgraded nicely but he doesn't have any good passives that can be upgraded like regular Lasswell. After ability enhancements, regular Lasswell has 40% more attack and a more potent ST attack than Dracu Laswell does because of elemental damage.

Thanks again for all the helpful info.

At least now we can all plan ahead so as not to waste some precious resources like stat pots.

Does anyone who uses Android frequently get "Unfortunately your transaction can't be completed at this time. Please try again." when purchasing lapis? I'm guessing it has to do with repeated purchases, but like seriously, wtf? Every time I do more than one of the same package on Android the second one fails and I have to wait for hours, maybe even a whole day, to do another one. This can't be working as intended.

Cybaster

There's no group of people rating the unit on exviuswiki, it's just me. As I add more feature or pages to the wiki, there's less and less time for me to update everything, and people simply don't contribute enough for me to catch up with the content. I was looking into a group of people to contribute solely for the rating to no avail, and it will not solve the underlying problem in any case.

I didn't give much time to the ranking/rating as it's just an opinion and I don't think that's really important to begin with, but people are taking the rating with more weight and way more personal than I thought, especially to their favorite or pulled unit. The problem grew as the game got more complex with more modes, equipment, monsters, unit synergy, materia, etc. The combination of those things are now impossible to take into account in every situation.

So now I'm unsure on what to do with the page, should I just change it into something else or take it down and focus on other parts of the wiki? What do you guys think?

Syrus

Banned
There's no group of people rating the unit on exviuswiki, it's just me. As I add more feature or pages to the wiki, there's less and less time for me to update everything, and people simply don't contribute enough for me to catch up with the content. I was looking into a group of people to contribute solely for the rating to no avail, and it will not solve the underlying problem in any case.

I didn't give much time to the ranking/rating as it's just an opinion and I don't think that's really important to begin with, but people are taking the rating with more weight and way more personal than I thought, especially to their favorite or pulled unit. The problem grew as the game got more complex with more modes, equipment, monsters, unit synergy, materia, etc. The combination of those things are now impossible to take into account in every situation.

So now I'm unsure on what to do with the page, should I just change it into something else or take it down and focus on other parts of the wiki? What do you guys think?

The page is good and helps me alot. Your doing great

Make a poll on Reddit, for each unit ask for two ratings: 1) rating at max level "as is", 2) rating with best TMs equippable for that unit.

Add both columns to the wiki table, value is the average.

I would also use D, C, B, A, S, SS as rankings instead of numbers. Like Is there any difference between a 6 and a 5? Both are dumpster tier, might as well rank them equally as a D

Just my 2c

Acerac

Banned
It sounds like it'd be more work, but a separate list for tiers with and without TMs would deal with most complaints. It'd probably only be relevant for attackers currently, though I'm sure that'll change over time.
Make a poll on Reddit, for each unit ask for two ratings: 1) rating at max level "as is", 2) rating with best TMs equippable for that unit.

Add both columns to the wiki table, value is the average.

I would also use D, C, B, A, S, SS as rankings instead of numbers. Like Is there any difference between a 6 and a 5? Both are dumpster tier, might as well rank them equally as a D

Just my 2c

I like this idea.

Whales

Banned
Managed to get Gilgamesh to 80 today, awakened him

he should be lvl 100 tuesday or wednesday, the adv bridge grind helps a lot

Zidane TM also at 94%. I hope it is done by the time he reaches 100!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

I went over it on the previous page, but I'll go into more detail.

The largest issue is you have quantized the ranking scale. It's the same issue with videogame reviews. The 90 means greatest ever, but 89 is basically shit tier. My personal opinion would be move away from that system. Into something like the S, A, B, C, D. Tier system. You will still always have your issues, but this would remove a decent amount of the complaints over the little nitpicks like "Why is Giglamesh lower than Lightning!".

Of course, new issues will arise on people complaining about, "Which one is better", but you remove the most nuisance of the issue.

///////////////////////////

For reference, I do like how the Reddit system is with the banner. Should you roll or not is the big question. I disagree with logic(They put far too much weight into what is current in JPN, not now), but the concept is sound. This is what I would aim for. Is this a unit worth having on your team?

S - Typically, these are your characters like Refia, Lightning, Luneth, Giglamesh etc. Game changer basically.

A - Strong additions to any team. Buttz, Ramza, etc. Not quite the game changer a Lightning is, but something

B - Strong capability unit, but maybe under the curve now ala WoL, Vaan, etc. Either due to no current upgrades or simply other characters being better at what they do.

C - Situational or meh. Something Edgar, Vivi, Totto, with the rest of the 5*

D - Dumpstier tier. I joke with Dumpster there, but these would be largely units that are just dated or were never good to begin with.

This also removes the idea behind rating a unit with TMs or not. You don't need to come up with a different rating scale now. Giglamesh and Lightning will be in the same category. Of course there will be blowback regardless of the route taken. The unit ranking I'll assume is the most looked at page, so I would advise taking it down. But simplifying the process for yourself I believe would be better for your sanity in the long run. The other content is far more important, while the unit ranking will always receive the most complaints

Second, if you want help. I can provide assistance. I have no issue of putting my money were my mouth is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom