• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonkeng

There's no group of people rating the unit on exviuswiki, it's just me. As I add more feature or pages to the wiki, there's less and less time for me to update everything, and people simply don't contribute enough for me to catch up with the content. I was looking into a group of people to contribute solely for the rating to no avail, and it will not solve the underlying problem in any case.

I didn't give much time to the ranking/rating as it's just an opinion and I don't think that's really important to begin with, but people are taking the rating with more weight and way more personal than I thought, especially to their favorite or pulled unit. The problem grew as the game got more complex with more modes, equipment, monsters, unit synergy, materia, etc. The combination of those things are now impossible to take into account in every situation.

So now I'm unsure on what to do with the page, should I just change it into something else or take it down and focus on other parts of the wiki? What do you guys think?

I know it's only 1 person. Since you've posted here before.

And i take your rankings as your own personal opinions. Others may disagree, but ultimately, it's yours and yours alone.

And if it helps, your ranking is almost accurate anyway. Don't let the naysayers dissuade you from doing it. You don't owe anyone anything.

If I may suggest, maybe don't take TMs into consideration with your rankings, no exceptions. Because with TMs, it gets a lot more complicated.

Or simply add on your remark. Take Gilgamesh for example, you rated him 11.0. Which is pretty spot on imo. You can add a remark that with Dual Wield, he goes up to 12.0. Same with Refia with and without Dual Cast. Some units benefits greatly with DW or DC, some only minor (like Delita).

Lockon

2 TMs done today: Elza's scythe and a dualcast.

2 more dualcast should be done by morning. Need to max lvl Exdeath soon too.

Malakhov

Banned
Managed to get Gilgamesh to 80 today, awakened him

he should be lvl 100 tuesday or wednesday, the adv bridge grind helps a lot

Zidane TM also at 94%. I hope it is done by the time he reaches 100!
Adv bridge grind? Can you explain? I've been lvling Gilga and exdeath in lake dorr and I still have CoD and Bartz to go...

Malakhov

Banned
There's no group of people rating the unit on exviuswiki, it's just me. As I add more feature or pages to the wiki, there's less and less time for me to update everything, and people simply don't contribute enough for me to catch up with the content. I was looking into a group of people to contribute solely for the rating to no avail, and it will not solve the underlying problem in any case.

I didn't give much time to the ranking/rating as it's just an opinion and I don't think that's really important to begin with, but people are taking the rating with more weight and way more personal than I thought, especially to their favorite or pulled unit. The problem grew as the game got more complex with more modes, equipment, monsters, unit synergy, materia, etc. The combination of those things are now impossible to take into account in every situation.

So now I'm unsure on what to do with the page, should I just change it into something else or take it down and focus on other parts of the wiki? What do you guys think?
Its just a game, I think you're doing great even though sometimes I don't agree with some of the ratings but hey, no one will die over it.

Keep on the good work! :)

Acerac

Banned
Adv bridge grind? Can you explain? I've been lvling Gilga and exdeath in lake dorr and I still have CoD and Bartz to go...

If you kill all the enemies on the Adv Big Bridge it's pretty decent XP per NRG and much quicker than the usual explorations.

Does anyone who uses Android frequently get "Unfortunately your transaction can't be completed at this time. Please try again." when purchasing lapis? I'm guessing it has to do with repeated purchases, but like seriously, wtf? Every time I do more than one of the same package on Android the second one fails and I have to wait for hours, maybe even a whole day, to do another one. This can't be working as intended.

Bump for new page.

Rixa

They probably should make 2 rankings, one without TMs and one with.
Or just don't include TMs at all and give tips about what would improve the unit significantly (TMs or not)

Bumping this since we got confirmation that there is new rainbow trolls.

In the same thread in comments:
Prior to the crystal change, anything that was possible at that crystals rank would be pullable from said crystal. Period. Unless it's something like, say, Tilith, who was only available for a short period, the unit would be available for all crystals which would match its available rarity. Further, I haven't seen anyone saying that she shouldn't be pullable at 5 stars or, at least, no knowledgable leader of the community, anyways.
So it seems it was the same way in JP than we have it now?

yeah, thats what I thought
anyways, used FFBE calculator , and with TMs im gonna have soon ( 50% Excal, Blade mastery, and dual wield at 94%) hes gonna have literally 700 ATK

and I have a sakurafubuki at 10% with maxwell's tm at 10% too, with those he rises to freaking 781 ATK, crazy shit

Are you sure your math with Excalibur Gilga having 700 ATK is right?
Weapon collector with Greatswords add 20% to ATK.

This will be my build:

Right Hand: Enhancer +82ATK+23MAG
Left Hand: Chirijiraden +80ATK
Head: Dark Helm +14ATK+20DEF
Body: Force Armor +51DEF+13SPR+10%Fire/Ice/Lightning
Accessory 1: Genji Glove +10%ATK/MAG & Dual Wield
Accessory 2: Hero's Ring +3DEF+3SPR+10%ATK+10%MAG
Ability 1: Blade Mastery +50% ATK Katana
Ability 2: Power of Creation +30% ATK +30% MAG
Ability 3: Seal of Destruction +20% ATK +20%MAG +10%HP
Ability 4: Seal of Destruction +20% ATK +20%MAG +10%HP
Esper: Ifrit HP:4500 MP:2200 ATK:5300 DEF:2800 MAG:2100 SPR:2100
Total Stats: HP: 5490 MP: 172 ATK: 719 DEF: 265 MAG: 260 SPR: 153

That's still one hell of a monster, 719 atk.

I have Sakurafubuki & Bracer waiting for next TM batch...

bonkeng

In the same thread in comments:

So it seems it was the same way in JP than we have it now?

Are you sure your math with Excalibur Gilga having 700 ATK is right?
Weapon collector with Greatswords add 20% to ATK.

This will be my build:

I have Sakurafubuki & Bracer waiting for next TM batch...

Just remember, if you're aiming for maximum raw damage, you're better off with an Enhancer than an Excalibur with Gilgamesh.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Daily Pull - Another Shanatoo lol

But more importantly....

zidanel5olz.jpg

Oh my god! My blood is boiling right now. I had Gilga close to death and thought I'd live since I didn't suspect he would go ballistic at the end but boy was I wrong.

tariniel

What should I do with a unit after I got 100% TM? Sell it?

I just finished: Barrage, Gungnir. Really close to done at 96+%: Excalibur, Sakurafubuki, MAG+30%.Any reason to keep the units?

Rixa

What should I do with a unit after I got 100% TM? Sell it?

I just finished: Barrage, Gungnir. Really close to done at 96+%: Excalibur, Sakurafubuki, MAG+30%.Any reason to keep the units?

I see it as it is easier to just buy more unit slots than sell unit. Especially the one you have spend so much time. I.e. I do have 4x100% Shantotto's in inventory for example :p.
And you never know what developers plan with maxed TM units.

SeanTSC

So now that I've finished my Excalibur (which I sadly have no use for yet), Dual-Wield, and gotten Ludmille to 70% (going to dump the 2 monthly Arena moogles + whatever next event one into her) I've got a "Phys DPS set" going for Elza, I think.

Gaffgarion1 - 1.4%
Gaffgarion2 - 32.8%
Kain - 74.6%
Maxwell - 4.9%
Elza - 34.4%

After Kain finishes I'll swap in one of my 4 Hayates and I'll have a pretty sweet set going, I think. Also may use it on Bartz instead of Elza once he's 100 so my Excalibur gets some use.

After that I think I'll swap in my 4 Ingus's as that stuff finishes so I can gear up ExDeath.

Also thinking about doing a rush on Doublehand after this event is over depending on how many Bartz I pull. I've got 4 atm and I was thinking about running 5 at once + fusing any beyond that into them to get one done quick. Maybe save a single Bartz for a second Doublehand just in case.

tariniel

Oh yeah, my Lightning has Excalibur, Sakura and barrage now.

My next TM team has 2x Gaffgarions, Lud, Shantotto and another Cecil... that'll be done in 2 months.

Cybaster

Thanks for the input :)

I'm removing those dualcast rating, and reducing Cecil/Refia rating as a result. I agree with having multiple ratings with TMR included would be the best, but I can't add more time just for rating, otherwise other content wouldn't be updated.

Grade or tiering system wouldn't work on a powercreep game like this though, as they constantly put out better unit over time, and everything will need to be re-evaluated.

If you want to help with the wiki on specific content or with elevated user right, within reason, just PM me. Otherwise no permission to edit is needed.

KeRaSh

Thanks for the input :)

I'm removing those dualcast rating, and reducing Cecil/Refia rating as a result. I agree with having multiple ratings with TMR included would be the best, but I can't add more time just for rating, otherwise other content wouldn't be updated.

Grade or tiering system wouldn't work on a powercreep game like this though, as they constantly put out better unit over time, and everything will need to be re-evaluated.

If you want to help with the wiki on specific content or with elevated user right, within reason, just PM me. Otherwise no permission to edit is needed.

Great work! I really appreciate it.
How would you rate Gilgamesh with a Dual Wield TM compared to Lightning / Luneth?

Cybaster

Great work! I really appreciate it.
How would you rate Gilgamesh with a Dual Wield TM compared to Lightning / Luneth?

He is better, especially with a genji glove instead of materia. His AoE is strictly better than anything from Lightning/Luneth. Plus we know he'll be enhanced to be much stronger down the road. Lightning enhancement is just meh, and jury is still out for Luneth.

KeRaSh

He is better, especially with a genji glove instead of materia. His AoE is strictly better than anything from Lightning/Luneth. Plus we know he'll be enhanced to be much stronger down the road. Lightning enhancement is just meh, and jury is still out for Luneth.

Just what I wanted to hear! Thanks!
My first real powerhouse. I have DW but will aim for Genji Glove to replace it at some point.
If I can dedicate more nights to farm TMs instead of doing events or grind exp I'd have quite the potential for crazy DMG. I think I have enough TM units to basically pimp out every slot of Gilgamesh...

I'm finally at the point where I don't even know who to put in my main party anymore... Refia is only in it for Events where a dedicated healer is truly needed. Ramza would be nice for Cheer now that I have DKC and Gilgamesh as physical damage dealers but that means I'd have to bench Arc. I loved chaining magic damage with Exdeath, Arc and Tellah. With only Exdeath left in the party I don't even know if that is worth it anymore. Also DKC is kinda meh without DW. I could leave Barrage on him and put DW on Gilgamesh. But without Tellah I'm lacking a raise unit. So should I permanently put Refia in? That would mean Ramza is sitting on the bench since she has Embolden. I don't have a breaker unit without Ramza...
What a freaking dilemma...

Has there been any inkling as to the purpose of the Excalipoor blades? Since I'm running the ADV bridge to level up a couple of units, I have at least a dozen of them at this point. I'm hesitant to get rid of them in case they somehow come back as necessary to forge something down the road, but I wasn't sure if there was precedent for this kind of thing in either global or JP versions of the game.

Rixa

Has there been any inkling as to the purpose of the Excalipoor blades? Since I'm running the ADV bridge to level up a couple of units, I have at least a dozen of them at this point. I'm hesitant to get rid of them in case they somehow come back as necessary to forge something down the road, but I wasn't sure if there was precedent for this kind of thing in either global or JP versions of the game.

My guess is that they are needed in unique equipment's in one way or another.

Like Gilgamesh "Excalilance". Not so great to have Lance / Pole months before Enhancements cause Weapon Collector wont give +% to Poles...

Whales

Banned

pick adv bridge, go to the left all the way up, then at the door go to the right, go all the way down, then back up from the middle

= 28k exp, 7 energy

Loaned @Whales too that he/she sees this message too.

oh damn, didnt know... are you sure?

with excal:
Total Stats: HP: 6255 MP: 237 ATK: 692 DEF: 286 MAG: 189 SPR: 166

with enhancer:
Total Stats: HP: 6255 MP: 237 ATK: 671 DEF: 286 MAG: 212 SPR: 166

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom