• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is that they are needed in unique equipment's in one way or another.

Like Gilgamesh "Excalilance". Not so great to have Lance / Pole months before Enhancements cause Weapon Collector wont give +% to Poles...

Here's hoping they actually amount to something, then. I'll hold on to them for now with my fingers crossed. The description definitely makes it sound like something might be done with these otherwise useless weapons.

Here's hoping they actually amount to something, then. I'll hold on to them for now with my fingers crossed. The description definitely makes it sound like something might be done with these otherwise useless weapons.

Yeah but typically they hint at you needing to farm something

To have the event active for a week and not let players know they need to farm excalipoors?

Im guess they are just meant to be sold for gil :/

Whales

Banned
I hadnt played Arena in two weeks before I realized you get a trust moogle is you rank under 90k....

So I started at like 200k monthly ranking, used all of my orbs yesterday and today and im now ranked 94k-ish. I assume if I keep spending all of them ill end up under 90k without having to refill orbs

Valentus

There's no group of people rating the unit on exviuswiki, it's just me. As I add more feature or pages to the wiki, there's less and less time for me to update everything, and people simply don't contribute enough for me to catch up with the content. I was looking into a group of people to contribute solely for the rating to no avail, and it will not solve the underlying problem in any case.

I didn't give much time to the ranking/rating as it's just an opinion and I don't think that's really important to begin with, but people are taking the rating with more weight and way more personal than I thought, especially to their favorite or pulled unit. The problem grew as the game got more complex with more modes, equipment, monsters, unit synergy, materia, etc. The combination of those things are now impossible to take into account in every situation.

So now I'm unsure on what to do with the page, should I just change it into something else or take it down and focus on other parts of the wiki? What do you guys think?

Hello, thanks for taking time to answer.

Your page is very much useful, for database of enemies, spells, explorations, etc. That work is pretty much appreciated.

...But the rating system you use is ineffective. Because as i can see (i can be wrong) that you use the criteria used in altema and famitsu, and in some points, altema and famitsu had big discrepances in some units.

I love unit analysis, so i can lend you a hand if you want. Your page is great and the templates are very eye-friendly, so if you need help, i can help you in the unit analysis department.

H3xum

There's no group of people rating the unit on exviuswiki, it's just me. As I add more feature or pages to the wiki, there's less and less time for me to update everything, and people simply don't contribute enough for me to catch up with the content. I was looking into a group of people to contribute solely for the rating to no avail, and it will not solve the underlying problem in any case.

I didn't give much time to the ranking/rating as it's just an opinion and I don't think that's really important to begin with, but people are taking the rating with more weight and way more personal than I thought, especially to their favorite or pulled unit. The problem grew as the game got more complex with more modes, equipment, monsters, unit synergy, materia, etc. The combination of those things are now impossible to take into account in every situation.

So now I'm unsure on what to do with the page, should I just change it into something else or take it down and focus on other parts of the wiki? What do you guys think?

Thanks for all of your work, keep it up! Things like the exploration maps and item drop/steal lists are very valuable. Please don't quit the site!

As for the rankings, I am certain there are plenty of people smarter than myself in this community that can help, so, I won't try to bring anything to that party because instead I want to throw out an idea that sounds very cumbersome but helpful...

How far fetched would it be to have two lists. One that considers TMs (basically what altema/fumitsu does and what we sort of have now) and one that doesn't consider any TMs at all? The first will help longterm goals, the latter will give us a baseline and also provide F2P people (such as myself) a great feeling of satisfaction or even motivation

Rootbeer

Banned
Saving my moogles, hoping I get a Gilga before banner ends T__T

Today I spent a few tickets cause I decided to try a little harder for Gilga afterall.

Didn't pull him but I did get...
2 more Edgar, so now I have a team of 3. Might come in handy for chain gang experiments I intend to do someday when I have time to level them.
Lenna... my first. Maybe will become useful at a future star level. Don't really need her now.
4* Faris to top my 3* pull of her the other day
another 3* Bartz and 3* Exdeath

Praying for rainbow is a depressing task :)

Congrats! Who will get it?

Unfortunately I am missing a max level good physical attacker... Not sure if I should put it on a mage (Exdeath?) or just put it on BCL for now? I finally pulled a CoD last week so I assume that would be a good choice once I get her leveled up?

Unfortunately I am missing a max level good physical attacker... Not sure if I should put it on a mage (Exdeath?) or just put it on BCL for now? I finally pulled a CoD last week so I assume that would be a good choice once I get her leveled up?

BCL is a good choice for now then CoD later

Whales

Banned
Just realized that with my 7 garlands I could get an Equip L sword materia really easily

and now im sad because I could have used it on CoD... if I had one -_-

Cybaster

Thanks for all of your work, keep it up! Things like the exploration maps and item drop/steal lists are very valuable. Please don't quit the site!

As for the rankings, I am certain there are plenty of people smarter than myself in this community that can help, so, I won't try to bring anything to that party because instead I want to throw out an idea that sounds very cumbersome but helpful...

How far fetched would it be to have two lists. One that considers TMs (basically what altema/fumitsu does and what we sort of have now) and one that doesn't consider any TMs at all? The first will help longterm goals, the latter will give us a baseline and also provide F2P people (such as myself) a great feeling of satisfaction or even motivation

Don't worry I'm not quitting the site :) Just musing about the rankings.

I'm thinking of creating a page, maybe called Unit Rankings (Meta), which takes into account of everything, but will be left completely open for the community to edit, without any input from admins.

Hello, thanks for taking time to answer.

Your page is very much useful, for database of enemies, spells, explorations, etc. That work is pretty much appreciated.

...But the rating system you use is ineffective. Because as i can see (i can be wrong) that you use the criteria used in altema and famitsu, and in some points, altema and famitsu had big discrepances in some units.

I love unit analysis, so i can lend you a hand if you want. Your page is great and the templates are very eye-friendly, so if you need help, i can help you in the unit analysis department.

Have you analyzed them before? Can I see some sample?

Valentus

Will WoL dualwielding Magi Staff be the best WoL?

why would you private wol of equiping an Aegis shield??? D:

WoL best equipment could be (when FFXIII event arrives)

46 ATK/ 48 DEF gloves (i dont know if those are exclusive to snow or not, if they are exclusive, any other glove)

Aegis Shield

survivor helm

Maximilian

Champion belt
champion belt

Seal of protection
Seal of Protection
HP+30%
HP+30%

Syntsui

why would you private wol of equiping an Aegis shield??? D:

WoL best equipment could be (when FFXIII event arrives)

46 ATK/ 48 DEF gloves (i dont know if those are exclusive to snow or not, if they are exclusive, any other glove)

Aegis Shield

survivor helm

Maximilian

Champion belt
champion belt

Seal of protection
Seal of Protection
HP+30%
HP+30%
I still need to be lucky enough to get me an aegis shield, but I can see this being a better setup indeed.

Coppanuva

Sitting on 25% in TM Moogles right now. At 94% on my Bartz... gotta decide what to do with those 25%. I could get my Ludmille up to 75% for Refia's dualcast... or I could pop them into a cecil for Excalibur... decisions.

ExVicis

Well I still can't get into Arena even after unistalling/re-installing but at least I got my weekly participation stuff. Seriously annoyed, I hope my rank doesn't drop to one that doesn't get the 10% TM Moogle.

Everyone's pulling Gilgamesh and I'm over here getting trolled. RNGesus, why have you forsaken me???

On another note, hope everyone had a great holiday. Back to TM grinding for me. Bracer has 5% more to go. Other things cooking in the oven.

Chinner

Banned
Everyone's pulling Gilgamesh and I'm over here getting trolled. RNGesus, why have you forsaken me???

On another note, hope everyone had a great holiday. Back to TM grinding for me. Bracer has 5% more to go. Other things cooking in the oven.
Don't worry, I've been more trolled than you. I've had a 5* Garnet and dracu lasswell*

Debating what to do with my TM farming. I'm still new to this whole thing, but I have switch control up and humming along.

Is it better just to focus on a TM you really want (like Ludmille's dualcast to put on Refia) even though I only have one? Or should I go with an "easier" TM to get like Shantotto, Bartz, or Gaffgarion because I have a lot of them (4, 4, and 3 respectively)?

I am sitting on 30% worth of trust moogles right now, as well.

Whales

Banned
Debating what to do with my TM farming. I'm still new to this whole thing, but I have switch control up and humming along.

Is it better just to focus on a TM you really want (like Ludmille's dualcast to put on Refia) even though I only have one? Or should I go with an "easier" TM to get like Shantotto, Bartz, or Gaffgarion because I have a lot of them (4, 4, and 3 respectively)?

I am sitting on 30% worth of trust moogles right now, as well.

you should aim for the best ones first

So dualcast first , then do the lesser ones

creid

Someone in here mentioned they had to go back to an earlier version of Nox (or Memu?) to avoid crashes. What's a good version to use? Sounds like very few people are running the current versions without crashes.

you should aim for the best ones first

So dualcast first , then do the lesser ones

Thanks. That makes sense.

So, not meaning to be one those posters here, but can someone help me prioritize the TMs I have available? I know that DW is the mac daddy of all TMs, but I don't have Zidane. My usual party is CoD, Agrias, Exdeath, Cecil, and Refia, if that helps some. Here are the units I have available to farm beyond what I already mentioned:
Maxwell
Tilith
Arc
BCL
Hayate
Garnet
Faris
Ludmille
Locke
Alma
Ingus
Kain
Lenna
Rosa
Charlote
Kefka
WWF
Tellah

I was thinking of focusing on getting Shantotto's TM for Exdeath, Ludmille's for Refia, and Gaff's for CoD. Does that sound about right, or am I missing something obvious?

Get Dualcast for Refia first. It completely changes her utility. After that, premium weapons, like Excalibur. I get rotating a few dupes in to lessen the pain, but Dualcast/DW is absolutely worth it.

bonkeng

Thanks. That makes sense.

So, not meaning to be one those posters here, but can someone help me prioritize the TMs I have available? I know that DW is the mac daddy of all TMs, but I don't have Zidane. My usual party is CoD, Agrias, Exdeath, Cecil, and Refia, if that helps some. Here are the units I have available to farm beyond what I already mentioned:
Maxwell
Tilith
Arc
BCL
Hayate
Garnet
Faris
Ludmille
Locke
Alma
Ingus
Kain
Lenna
Rosa
Charlote
Kefka
WWF
Tellah

I was thinking of focusing on getting Shantotto's TM for Exdeath, Ludmille's for Refia, and Gaff's for CoD. Does that sound about right, or am I missing something obvious?

If i had to pick the starting 5, it would be:

Ludmille's Dual Cast for Refia

Cecil's Excalibur for himself or Agrias

Maxwell for overall usefulness

Arc's Rod for Exdeath

Locke's Rising Sun for CoD

Edit: Didn't see Cecil's in there.

H3xum

Don't worry I'm not quitting the site :) Just musing about the rankings.
I'm thinking of creating a page, maybe called Unit Rankings (Meta), which takes into account of everything, but will be left completely open for the community to edit, without any input from admins.

I think that is the move. Have the main list be void of TMs. Just the character as an overall package. Then you can have the contributor list which can include TMs, party composition, etc etc. That being open will give people with a lot of insight from JP and such to be able to craft future ratings as well.

Raw Rankings - Potential Rankings. Something to that affect

Alkez

I agree with AD. Ludmille and Cecil (or Agrius) should definitely be in the TM team. After that I would say Maxwell, Arc, and Locke would be good. Lenna and Hayate would also be viable.

Edit: Lol Bonkeng wrote the same thing as I was posting. First 5 probably best then.

CCIE

Banned
Wow, the amount of energy to get through the story is crazy... Hopefully tomorrow or Wednesday I will be able to get the ATK+10% recipe. TMR farming again today. I'm going to start putting more lapis into TMR to try and get some TM'ed units.

Daily Bedile - RNGesus has forsaken me. May not do any additional dailies on this banner, and save for something more worthwhile. Already have all the banner characters except for Gilgamesh... and I'm not sure I want him. He's powerful, but I'm not a fan of the sprite.

Get Dualcast for Refia first. It completely changes her utility. After that, premium weapons, like Excalibur. I get rotating a few dupes in to lessen the pain, but Dualcast/DW is absolutely worth it.

If i had to pick the starting 5, it would be:

Ludmille's Dual Cast for Refia

Cecil's Excalibur for himself or Agrias

Maxwell for overall usefulness

Arc's Rod for Exdeath

Locke's Rising Sun for CoD

Edit: Didn't see Cecil's in there.

I agree with AD. Ludmille and Cecil (or Agrius) should definitely be in the TM team. After that I would say Maxwell, Arc, and Locke would be good. Lenna and Hayate would also be viable.

Edit: Lol Bonkeng wrote the same thing as I was posting. First 5 probably best then.

Awesome! Thank you very much! Definitely going with this for my farm team, then. The good news is that I have been using Cecil and Arc long enough that they are already pretty high (in the mid 20's and 30's).

Cheers!

Alkez

Wow, the amount of energy to get through the story is crazy... Hopefully tomorrow or Wednesday I will be able to get the ATK+10% recipe. TMR farming again today. I'm going to start putting more lapis into TMR to try and get some TM'ed units.

Daily Bedile - RNGesus has forsaken me. May not do any additional dailies on this banner, and save for something more worthwhile. Already have all the banner characters except for Gilgamesh... and I'm not sure I want him. He's powerful, but I'm not a fan of the sprite.

Well FF13 is likely to be next based on the datamining so you could skip dailies for the next few days. Weren't you saying you wanted Hope or someone?

CCIE

Banned
If FFXIII is next, I will go after that banner. I would like to get Hope, and Snow. Vanille isn't bad either, or her TM isn't. I might spend a good number of tickets on that banner with the number of good base 4* units.

Getting Dual Cast for Refia has been a game changer. Being able to basically heal and support in the same turn is awesome. Might take on the trial again today and see how it goes.

Dumping all my TM focus and Moogles into Growth Egg now. This leveling is a nightmare.

CCIE

Banned
I would love to pull a Medius. I still haven't pulled him, Zidane, and numerous others. And still haven't pulled Rydia either for some reason I simply cannot explain.

Alkez

The Big Bridge ELT is just showing me that I really need to pull Cecil at some point. I just can't keep up with the damage.

I did it with Charlotte if you have her (in a party of 5 as well for the challenge). My Cecil is still in the LB training room.

Getting Dual Cast for Refia has been a game changer. Being able to basically heal and support in the same turn is awesome. Might take on the trial again today and see how it goes.

Yeah I'm starting to notice how not having dual cast is making content more difficult for me than it needs to be. Only at 25% as well.

Kouriozan

Luneth is the only one of the 4 that's been a bit left behind. Lightning, Gilga, and DKC all have Ability Enhancements that increase their overall strength. DKC is the best of the 4 after enhancements. They should easily compete with the former though they do have areas they do lack in comparison.
Shouta said:
DKC is the one of the three that got the best buffs from the enhancements. Souleater at max enhancement is ST 750% (was 320%) attack w/ -100% Dark resist (new) though HP drain goes up to 60% a use. Darkcannon is now a AOE 350% (was 250%) attack w/ -50% dark resist (new) that drains 40% HP. His passive enhancement got an additional 20% attack, 25% more dark resist, and he regens 10,000 HP a turn, I think? Basically, he's become a lot easier to use regularly. He can't Dual-Wield without a strategy in place, specifically Rem, but if he can, he's basically tagging folks for 3000% damage a turn before Element chain. Of course, he's dark element only so gotta watch out for enemies that resist dark

I really didn't want DKC when I got him, but now I'm farming barrage just so he get a semi-permanent slot in my main party (and then the trials abilities will be useful, too)
Thanks for the info, I need his enhancements ASAP!

Another daily another Bedile, woooooooo. Part of me wants to spend my lapis on going after Gilg but it would be a waste since I won't get him and I am only F2P. Got Bartz over the weekend for the first time and have a Faris and Exdeath.

Ourobolus

Banned
I did it with Charlotte if you have her (in a party of 5 as well for the challenge). My Cecil is still in the LB training room.

Yeah I'm starting to notice how not having dual cast is making content more difficult for me than it needs to be. Only at 25% as well.
I have a maxed WoL and he's not cutting it. Doubt I can max Charlotte before the end of the event though. C'est la vie.

I have 5 Kefkas. How many Ribbons should I be going for?

Depends I would think. I will probably only put one on my Healer and Tank since they can then remove status's of others. I don't want to take an accessory slot from a Damage/Mage unit that lowers the actual amount of damage they can do.

Lyrian

Not gonna lie. I love meteoring the shit out of arena teams right now.

That's pretty much the safest route in the arena this week.

Decided to do a last 5k pull. My 3rd this banner.

Fuuuuuuu was expecting to be trolled hard.

Grats on Gilgamesh!

4 days in a row with Colosseum requirements for daily....get that shit out of here Gumi......

Said this yesterday.... it's on purpose. That requirement is going to be here all week to force people to either spend lapis on Colosseum orbs or risk falling out of the top 3k for the 2 trust moogles this week.

Daily +1 : GOLD --> Lani (fdsiofdsfsdnfkih). Blue --> Bartz (new!).

Woot. I'm done here. Would like a Faris for collection purposes, but I've got the two units I wanted now from this banner. Just going to take the half price pulls until the banner switches on Friday.

H3xum

Woo?!

yUjYWH1.jpg

If only I had someone other than Chiz to put it on

Think I am going to work on my Doublehand now. I have 4 Bartz.

I am tempted to just combine them all for only 1 doublehand (Garland), but, if I don't have dual wield (don't even have Zidane/Gilg) think it is worth going for at least 2 DHs?

Dandte

Daily Pull: Sabin

mhm i should log into my never ever played jpn account rank2...daily pull: Gilgamesh

;_________________________________________________________________;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom