• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woo?!

If only I had someone other than Chiz to put it on

Think I am going to work on my Doublehand now. I have 4 Bartz.

I am tempted to just combine them all for only 1 doublehand (Garland), but, if I don't have dual wield (don't even have Zidane/Gilg) think it is worth going for at least 2 DHs?

Congrats on the TM!!

How frequently do story updates get released?

Also when is the next mog event expected? I've got like 6 people I want to awaken to 6*

Also, got a Bartz for my daily pull. That makes up for the fact that I fused 8 of them into 1 for TM skillup and left myself with only one, as now I have one for each of my Garlands.

I'm curious, how far do they plan to drag the story out? Will the story keep getting updates forever as long as the game is up, or will it eventually end?

What happened with Brave Frontier? I quit like 1.5 years ago, and at the time I think we were still trying to kill the four Fallen Gods or something. Is the story still getting new arcs and updates after all this time, or has the game been relegated to nothing but events, gacha pulls, and arena now?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Thanks for the input :)

I'm removing those dualcast rating, and reducing Cecil/Refia rating as a result. I agree with having multiple ratings with TMR included would be the best, but I can't add more time just for rating, otherwise other content wouldn't be updated.

Grade or tiering system wouldn't work on a powercreep game like this though, as they constantly put out better unit over time, and everything will need to be re-evaluated.

If you want to help with the wiki on specific content or with elevated user right, within reason, just PM me. Otherwise no permission to edit is needed.

I'll actually disagree with this part. I feel like it would work out fairly soundly if we put the time into developing a system for it.

Here is what I mean. The game does have a power creep and that is the basis for it. It's treated similar to bell curve. Units that get the highest rating will be considered ahead of the curve. Once Orlandu releases, yes it would knock down everyone else because he is the new standard. But rather than having to deal with a numerical system and having to reevaluate each individual unit. Basically the scale is typically adjusted based on the units.

This will also easily account for enhancements later down the road too, where you can move the character up a tier.

My opinion is I think less thought should be put on who is better(Typically what people want), but more thought should be put on how to utilize the characters and the potential of each. I feel like the analysis is more important than the numerical ranking.

It's a rough draft since I'm in class currently, but think of it like this.

Tier SS - Reserved for units that completely break the current creep. This is like when Lightning was introduced and all content was balanced around 5* units. But now that content is being balanced around 6*, she'll be down to Tier S, which is ahead of the current content but not breaking it. The next unit would be Orlandu, Eileen, and once content catches up to match it. They'll be down to S, while Lightning and Luneth will move down to Tier A(Which is at the current level of current content). Tier B would be slightly under the current content. Tier C would be units that are drastically underpower or fall into situational use. I.E. Edgars or Rain. Tier D would useless.

So it turns into a movable bell curve based on current content. At points, units like Lightning and Buttz maybe into the same catagory, but over time, they'll switch off. It's easy to change and fluxicate without having to come up with a brand new number every time. And the focus would be on, "What can this unit do well, what are it's weaknesses, and how can I utilize it and it's potential"

For example.

Buttz - Tier S
Pros
+Great synergy with healers and teams.
+Strong wind based attack skills and able to reduce resistance
+Solid all around stats.

Weakness
-Hybrid based skill and minimal decrease in wind resistance limits his damage from reaching the higher levels.
-Hybrid based skills also makes it harder to gear, better to go all ATK than Hybrid.
-Solid all around stats also means he lacks the ability to fill a specialized role.

***Additional analysis down here going over the skills, TM potential, etc ****

Ideally he'll be in S with Lightning right now. But when the next power creep wave comes(Orlandu, FFII, etc). He'll be knocked down to A, while Lightning remains in S.

Lyrian

How frequently do story updates get released?

Also when is the next mog event expected? I've got like 6 people I want to awaken to 6*

Also, got a Bartz for my daily pull. That makes up for the fact that I fused 8 of them into 1 for TM skillup and left myself with only one, as now I have one for each of my Garlands.

Roughly once a month.

Correct. Story updates are usually on the last weekly server maintenance of each month.

Events follow a repeating 3-week pattern of overlapping 14 days events (Week: Fri -> Thurs)

Week 1: New Mog King event (2nd week of previous exploration event)
Week 2: Second week of Mog King Event
Week 3: New exploration event (Mog King after-event claim period)

Global is current on Week 3 of the cycle, and loop back around to Week 1 on Friday.

Lyrian

I'm curious, how far do they plan to drag the story out? Will the story keep getting updates forever as long as the game is up, or will it eventually end?

What happened with Brave Frontier? I quit like 1.5 years ago, and at the time I think we were still trying to kill the four Fallen Gods or something. Is the story still getting new arcs and updates after all this time, or has the game been relegated to nothing but events, gacha pulls, and arena now?

As long as the revenue keeps flowing. Gacha games follow a service-oriented model. As long as demand for the service exists, development will continue of that service.

The poster child for this is PAD, who has been live on their Global servers for 4 years and approaching 5 years in Japan. The devs there have long said that the game is well past its original planned lifetime, yet still routinely receives new mechanics, units, and content.

In the case of FFBE, the current story arc has a likely planned lifetime. At the end of the current arc, if the demand for the game is still there, then a new arc will be created.

No one has a crystal ball into the future and all things eventually end, but most will say that just based on the strength of the FF franchise alone that FFBE has a stronger chance than most gachas to enjoy a lengthy lifetime.

If the money is still there, they'll come up with something. After the current arc ended in Brave Frontier, they created a new 'gate' and started shit all over again w/ a new story.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Well, they did push back the VII units if I recall from the event. That's a pretty good sign, meaning the game is successful enough.

Man this ultimate speedrun TM farming Nox macro is some god tier level stuff. Been running it since yesterday at roughly noon and I've gotten 25 percentage points on everyone in just one day.

Man this ultimate speedrun TM farming Nox macro is some god tier level stuff. Been running it since yesterday at roughly noon and I've gotten 25 percentage points on everyone in just one day.

how in the fuck?

I run religiously every night generally with max stamina and after 8 hours it's usually 2-3% per unit.

It refills energy with lapis. At 35 seconds per run you can get a little over 100 runs done in an hour.

Ohhhh the Lapis one.....yeah, not sure I want to burn through that much yet lol

Lyrian

how in the fuck?

I run religiously every night generally with max stamina and after 8 hours it's usually 2-3% per unit.

It refills energy with lapis. At 35 seconds per run you can get a little over 100 runs done in an hour.

There are two versions of the macro, one that refills lapis and one that doesn't.

That said, it is absolutely scary how fast it obliterates my full stock pile of 90+ energy. About an hour sounds about right.

If a player is willing to throw a couple thousand lapis at the macro, even single unit TMs can be completed in a semi-realistic timeframe instead of requiring many weeks.

Whales

Banned

how much lapis did that cost you?

kinda feeling like trying it out to get 5% for my zidane TM

I only have 54 NRG tho

Eidjinn

For Gilgamesh, Sakurafubuki or Excallibur?

i'm trying to decide which TM to prioritize!

Also, after Gilgamesh, is it worth to get Locke's TM for CoD, or she will become rather irrelevant in the near future?

Whales

Banned
For Gilgamesh, Sakurafubuki or Excallibur?

i'm trying to decide which TM to prioritize!

Also, after Gilgamesh, is it worth to get Locke's TM for CoD, or she will become rather irrelevant in the near future?

sakura for sure

he gets 50% additional damage from katanas. Also if you have chizuru's bladr nastery its another 50% bonus

Lyrian

I haven't had much luck with the Explore ones, maybe i'll try Phantom Forrest for some magacite farming.

Can't say I've tried the exploration ones, as I tend to like to actually play the game from time to time. I only use the ES one to burn energy when I'm going to overflow because of RL obligations (like work) or actually want to do something else besides play FFBE all the time.

H3xum

Being an unbelievably frugal F2P'r (around 26k stockpiled and 60+ tickets) I am starting to consider blowing lapis on TM farming instead of pulling on any banners before Orlandu and FFX for this reason...I have a lot of nice TMs to get, Maxwells, Xiaos, 4x DoubleHand, 4x Mag 30%, 2x Double Cast, Agria's and Kains, Refias, Arcs...Already have Excalibur and Blade Mastery

Anyway, I feel like the above will be more impactful long run than taking my chances on middle of the road units that will just be replaced at the beginning of the year/early spring by characters from the above banner

Being an unbelievably frugal F2P'r (around 26k stockpiled and 60+ tickets) I am starting to consider blowing lapis on TM farming instead of pulling on any banners before Orlandu and FFX for this reason...I have a lot of nice TMs to get, Maxwells, Xiaos, 4x DoubleHand, 4x Mag 30%, 2x Double Cast, Agria's and Kains, Refias, Arcs...Already have Excalibur and Blade Mastery

Anyway, I feel like the above will be more impactful long run than taking my chances on middle of the road units that will just be replaced at the beginning of the year/early spring by characters from the above banner

Yeah if you want to progress spending lapis on tm farming is probably better than trying to pull for 5 star units. You'll eventually pull a useful 4 star or 5 star that can be 6 stars with the dailies and tickets from events. Was watching a FFBE stream yesterday and someone in the chat said he did 18 11 pull and couldn't get Gilgamesh.

Can't say I've tried the exploration ones, as I tend to like to actually play the game from time to time. I only use the ES one to burn energy when I'm going to overflow because of RL obligations (like work) or actually want to do something else besides play FFBE all the time.

Yea, it's going to be great with FFXV coming out tomorrow. I can just let FFBE play itself while I focus on FFXV, and get like 10-15 TMs knocked out in the process.

I don't know how they're getting 35 seconds per run, I've got a blazing fast machien and it's usually 43-45 seconds per run for me. My graphics card is horrible, so it could be that, but emulation is mostly CPU, and I've got a 64 core Xeon with 64GB ram, so yea. No idea.

Lyrian

Yeah if you want to progress spending lapis on tm farming is probably better than trying to pull for 5 star units. You'll eventually pull a useful 4 star or 5 star that can be 6 stars with the dailies and tickets from events. Was watching a FFBE stream yesterday and someone in the chat said he did 18 11 pull and couldn't get Gilgamesh.

Very frugal F2P'er here as well, because of economic reasons. Nice stash there :) That's bigger than mine (especially the ticket count).

If you have a solid team in place that has all the bases covered already. Then you can hold off for a mega-banner, like FF3 and then play your hand there.

If you are okay with that, then redirecting available lapis towards TMs is a sound idea. The concept of time value of money says obtaining something now is more beneficial than obtaining it in the future (because you can use the item obtained now to reap benefits to recoup the extra cost of obtaining the item earlier).

F2Ps should never roll for 5* bases. They are just too rare that RNG **will** eventually troll the largest of whales. Hell, look at the situation with Chilly, where not rolling a 4* base broke him (and almost broke CCIE back in the day). 5* bases will just happen one day just because. Of the 5* bases that I've rolled, I've yet to land any of them on-banner. They have all been off-banner rainbows.

Lyrian

I don't know how they're getting 35 seconds per run, I've got a blazing fast machien and it's usually 43-45 seconds per run for me. My graphics card is horrible, so it could be that, but emulation is mostly CPU, and I've got a 64 core Xeon with 64GB ram, so yea. No idea.

35 seconds is an absolute best case scenario. The usual culprit is not the computer, but rather units with slow auto-attack resolution times.

I'm looking at both of you, Lightning and Medius.

/shakes fist angrily at clouds

RedZaraki

Banned
Guys......how do I beat that damn plant?

I don't have Lightning or Luneth or Gilgamesh. Best I got is a CoD and a level 8 Bartz 6 star.

Xion86

There's no group of people rating the unit on exviuswiki, it's just me. As I add more feature or pages to the wiki, there's less and less time for me to update everything, and people simply don't contribute enough for me to catch up with the content. I was looking into a group of people to contribute solely for the rating to no avail, and it will not solve the underlying problem in any case.

I didn't give much time to the ranking/rating as it's just an opinion and I don't think that's really important to begin with, but people are taking the rating with more weight and way more personal than I thought, especially to their favorite or pulled unit. The problem grew as the game got more complex with more modes, equipment, monsters, unit synergy, materia, etc. The combination of those things are now impossible to take into account in every situation.

So now I'm unsure on what to do with the page, should I just change it into something else or take it down and focus on other parts of the wiki? What do you guys think?

Just have to say that I love your page and I'm pretty sure I've been using it since Global launch! I'd always refer to it when new units come out straight away, and used to (kinda still do) use it as a baseline of which units are good that I have. The layout is brilliant, really easy to read through and not clustered or anything. Love the overall table and then how it goes into detail later on. I'd love to see it get improved on even more. Unfortunately as there are people that go really deep into this game and can provide so much more info, especially on this thread, i can't provide too much information about the characters rankings. I learn quite a lot from others here and just enjoy playing the game each day without going too complex into the nitty gritty of it all and over complicate things.
So keep up the great work and good job so far!

Muku

God damnit. Trolled on a blue crystal. Hard. I just want BARTZ! Instead I get trash Shadow. Who the shit is ever going to need Throw.

Anxiously awaiting the day when 7* Shadow throwing Interceptor's peanut butter kong is the only way to take down a trial boss and, by that point, he's as hard to pull as Zidane.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
1. I'm an F2P'er, mostly -- I've spent $25 total since Sept 1 -- and I don't stockpile lapis at all. I pull a few dailies, I've saved up enough for a couple 11 pulls.

2. i *DO* have a stock of lvl 100 maxed 6*s (Cecil, Refia, CoD) with one on the way (ExDeath), which makes for a helluva start for a versatile 'free' team. And I have another Cecil, a Tilith, and a couple more ExDeaths in waiting if I don't score another 6* soon.

3. I do NOT, however, have a viable, top-rate DPS unit which even with the above makes it difficult to keep up with the ELT quests on every event so far. And rightfully so, since those are designed to challenge whales.

4. All of this is to say that I think you have to play the way that brings you the most joy. I get the most joy out of pulling and leveling and then looking at my shiny collection. Others might be playing the long game and find joy out of going toe-to-toe with whales in the Arena maybe 6 months from now. (lol)

5. That said, for me I think it's a mistake to horde a bunch of lapis for one magical unit while all these opportunities for pretty damn good pulls pass you by. If I started completely over, other than being a bit more NRG conscious in the early game (and actually understanding the meta game was THE game -- i didn't know you could pull units or even what that was until i got stuck in the Zadhel Westersand, I swear), I'd maybe even be MORE aggressive in my pulls.

6. I don't like to think of it as 'chasing' one particular unit on any banner so much as I see it as rolling the dice on all the units I don't yet have. For every Gilga added to the pool that I roll for, that's one more chance for me to catch a Lightning, a Luneth, or Bartz, or whatever.

##

Aside for Cybaster, Valentus, Shintoki, all -- seeing this big long discussion about rankings, and while appreciated, I think it's generally misguided to be ranking a 5* mage with healing elements next to a 6* DPS next to a 6* Healer. The way to go is NOT a numbered scale or even a 5 star system, though I certainly understand the idea.

The way to go is to scrap the combined ranking pool, since that's not how anyone would ever build a party. The way to go is to go to straight job class ranking, very much like you already have on wiki for the top 5. Just expand it to the top 25 or w/e. It would be simpler, cleaner, and more meaningful.

DPS | MAGE | HEALER | BUFF | DEBUFF | TANK | ODDITIES

Muku

Anxiously awaiting the day when 7* Shadow throwing Interceptor's peanut butter kong is the only way to take down a trial boss and, by that point, he's as hard to pull as Zidane.

I always keep one, just to work on his stupid Trust anyway. I would gladly accept my brooding, shitastic Shadow overlord one day if he gets that love.

Valentus

I'll actually disagree with this part. I feel like it would work out fairly soundly if we put the time into developing a system for it.

Here is what I mean. The game does have a power creep and that is the basis for it. It's treated similar to bell curve. Units that get the highest rating will be considered ahead of the curve. Once Orlandu releases, yes it would knock down everyone else because he is the new standard. But rather than having to deal with a numerical system and having to reevaluate each individual unit. Basically the scale is typically adjusted based on the units.

This will also easily account for enhancements later down the road too, where you can move the character up a tier.

My opinion is I think less thought should be put on who is better(Typically what people want), but more thought should be put on how to utilize the characters and the potential of each. I feel like the analysis is more important than the numerical ranking.

It's a rough draft since I'm in class currently, but think of it like this.

Tier SS - Reserved for units that completely break the current creep. This is like when Lightning was introduced and all content was balanced around 5* units. But now that content is being balanced around 6*, she'll be down to Tier S, which is ahead of the current content but not breaking it. The next unit would be Orlandu, Eileen, and once content catches up to match it. They'll be down to S, while Lightning and Luneth will move down to Tier A(Which is at the current level of current content). Tier B would be slightly under the current content. Tier C would be units that are drastically underpower or fall into situational use. I.E. Edgars or Rain. Tier D would useless.

So it turns into a movable bell curve based on current content. At points, units like Lightning and Buttz maybe into the same catagory, but over time, they'll switch off. It's easy to change and fluxicate without having to come up with a brand new number every time. And the focus would be on, "What can this unit do well, what are it's weaknesses, and how can I utilize it and it's potential"

For example.

Buttz - Tier S
Pros
+Great synergy with healers and teams.
+Strong wind based attack skills and able to reduce resistance
+Solid all around stats.

Weakness
-Hybrid based skill and minimal decrease in wind resistance limits his damage from reaching the higher levels.
-Hybrid based skills also makes it harder to gear, better to go all ATK than Hybrid.
-Solid all around stats also means he lacks the ability to fill a specialized role.

***Additional analysis down here going over the skills, TM potential, etc ****

Ideally he'll be in S with Lightning right now. But when the next power creep wave comes(Orlandu, FFII, etc). He'll be knocked down to A, while Lightning remains in S.

that would need a monthly update of tiers, but i agree and thats the kind of analysis i would do in any unit.

H3xum

Very frugal F2P'er here as well, because of economic reasons. Nice stash there :) That's bigger than mine (especially the ticket count).

If you have a solid team in place that has all the bases covered already. Then you can hold off for a mega-banner, like FF3 and then play your hand there.

Yeah, that's the idea. I have a strong team now and in the future (with Chiz and WoL 6* not far and eventual Garland), just no 5* base.

The reassurance that I am not super dumb has it settled for me. Lets see how I can get this going...only problem is I am on iOS, can I use the macros on my pc?

CCIE

Banned
I have to use switch control on IOS for lapis refills. That is where all my lapis are at in the game - not on the Android emulator. It's okay, though I can't really use my phone for much of anything else, and if I try to cut it out early, it just starts randomly dialing numbers on my phone.

I have to do a hard reset of the phone to "kill" it. Also, I just am not hard-core enough to get in more than two or three refills in a day. At the very most... So my TM's will take a little bit longer, unfortunately. Need an IOS emulator for FFBE

Oh crap. I was just fighting your team in the area earlier today. Guess I'll be staying away now.

eh as long as you go first I should be an easy win as I don't build my team to defend attackers. If dmg wasn't capped at 999 outside of doing chains then maybe but since I run two mages in my arena team atm with a Cecil and CoD who doesn't chain for shit my Luneth won't be able to do it himself.

I have to use switch control on IOS for lapis refills. That is where all my lapis are at in the game - not on the Android emulator. It's okay, though I can't really use my phone for much of anything else, and if I try to cut it out early, it just starts randomly dialing numbers on my phone.

I have to do a hard reset of the phone to "kill" it. Also, I just am not hard-core enough to get in more than two or three refills in a day. At the very most... So my TM's will take a little bit longer, unfortunately. Need an IOS emulator for FFBE

Yea I don't know how long I'll keep this up, since I pretty much just started I'm trying to make up for lost time and at least get one set of useful TMs. After that I imagine I'll slow down

I hate arena Cecils, so I don't build a team for defense either. This week, I even have Bio Blasting Tank!Ramza and Refia, because why not.

Yeah, I am not a fan of using Cecil even though I do. If it was guaranteed that the attacker went first then I would drop him...of course if that happened no one would lose soooooo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom