• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muku

Shadow, Sabin, Edgar, Cyan... all deserve some serious love

Um, yes please.

Sonovabiznitch. I do a daily pull on alt account. Immediately get yellow. Yeah, that's going to go places. After getting trolled on main, I'd prefer it not to be.. .. ... Cyan. Fuck Cyan, Galuf, and Shadow. Cyan and Galuf are my yellow trolls. They come out laughing like the asses they are.

Um, yes please.

Sonovabiznitch. I do a daily pull on alt account. Immediately get yellow. Yeah, that's going to go places. After getting trolled on main, I'd prefer it not to be.. .. ... Cyan. Fuck Cyan, Galuf, and Shadow. Cyan and Galuf are my yellow trolls. They come out laughing like the asses they are.

its so irritating

they are such amazing and popular characters in their respective games

I dont care about Bedile and Anzelm being shit but mother fucking Sabin?

Get teh fuck out Gumi

Give in... give in to temptation...

You aren't helping!!! lol.

I got so excited because an Omnirod is within my reach, but then I realized you've probably got a ton of MAG+30%'s that I don't have...

I do have 3 of them and then the equip hat for the Mask. I was gonna farm a 4th 30% eventually but the difference between that and the mask doesn't seem worth the effort at the moment with all the other TM's I need to farm. I hate being addicted to getting the best stuff :/

Muku

its so irritating

they are such amazing and popular characters in their respective games

I dont care about Bedile and Anzelm being shit but mother fucking Sabin?

Get teh fuck out Gumi

I want a Red Mage worth a damn to be honest. ;_; Played RDM in 11, and it was fun, despite SE hating RDMs. :( I played THF/NIN as an alt (and vice versa) because they hated RDMs so much.

PLEAAAASEEEEEEE Square, let me have a good Red Mage. I love them. ;_;

Edit: So this temptation talk... I gave in and used a ticket on alt. I was like, it can't be complete shit, right? It's not shit... but getting LENNA now does me no good when I needed her at the beginning. I waited until Refia's banner and pulled hard to get her and won. Sorry Lenna. Keep that bench warm

RedZaraki

Banned
I want to pull for Gilgamesh, but I'm basically sworn off of mass pulling until after the crystal changes are implemented.

I've gotten way too many Rainbow crystals that were 3 or 4 star base characters. No more.

CCIE

Banned
I will never go all in on a banner again, after the WoL fallout months ago. I will be happy if I get a nice base five-star, but I'm not going to sweat it either. If the game becomes too much of a pain and not fun, then I will quit at that time.

So, yes, power creep sucks. I still haven't done the plant trial because I would like to get my TM's done first so I can finish it without wasting a lot of energy. Maybe in a month or so. Slow and steady for me...

Muku

I will never go all in on a banner again, after the WoL fallout months ago. I will be happy if I get a nice base five-star, but I'm not going to sweat it either. If the game becomes too much of a pain and not fun, then I will quit at that time.

So, yes, power creep sucks. I still haven't done the plant trial because I would like to get my TM's done first so I can finish it without wasting a lot of energy. Maybe in a month or so. Slow and steady for me...

It's okay. I'm waiting on plant trial too. I'd love for my CoD to stop sucking with her Kangaroo, but it'll just have to wait. I have stuff to do. Exdeath is replacing Kefka for now, so gotta cap him out. Though not sure if I want to even bring him to that fight or not. Really not sure who to go in with that fight with.

Muku

Oh been meaning to ask: Carby, worth it or not? I got him yesterday, but looking at his board not really impressed.

Whales

Banned

going all in for a rainbo wfor a 5* base hurts

but going all in on WoL and not getting him? thats freaking unlucky..

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
that would need a monthly update of tiers, but i agree and thats the kind of analysis i would do in any unit.

That's actually why I like it. I recall both Wiki and Altema had to do a massive adjustment to their numbers, where almost every unit needed to be adjusted. Either you're force to expand upwards or adjust everything below.

Rather than balancing it on a per unit basis, balance it around content and how the characters interact. We wouldn't have to change numbers, just what bracket they fall in. The method leads to an easier to adjust, more fluid rating scale based on current content.

Those last .3% are torture...

Edit: .2% across two Bartz. Next one to get one gets fed..

Got it!!!! Doublehand is my first premium TM. Elza is above 500 attack without dual wield. I'm a bit surprised that it works (since her spear is a two handed weapon). But it works... if it had not worked, CoD would have gotten it.

Have another Bartz, but I want other things first...

Valentus

That's actually why I like it. I recall both Wiki and Altema had to do a massive adjustment to their numbers, where almost every unit needed to be adjusted. Either you're force to expand upwards or adjust everything below.

Rather than balancing it on a per unit basis, balance it around content and how the characters interact. We wouldn't have to change numbers, just what bracket they fall in. The method leads to an easier to adjust, more fluid rating scale based on current content.

so, how the ratings could be like?

It could be something like this:

DAMAGE DEALERS:

S TIER

1.- Gilgamesh

+Can Equip all class of weapons
+High base ATK/DEF
+Very powerfull AoE (Divider) and Easy to chain
+Auto Refresh
+Dual Wield benefits greatly his performance thanks to weapon collector

-Cant equip hats and clothes (so no brave suit or black cowl)
-Doesnt have useful passive abilities (like counter or evade)
-Needs trust master to equal power to other base 5star attack units

2.- Luneth

+Innate dual weild
+Innate inmunity to paralyze, blind, confuse or petrify
+powerful ST skill (Cut Through) and easy to chain
+Enhacer on Luneth is equal to equip Save The Queen
+Auto Refresh

-Nonexistent elemental damage
-Dont have powerfull AoE skills

3.- Lightning

+Innate dual Weild
+Big elemental arsenal (that can elemental chain easily with magic)
+Powerfull ST skill (Crushing Blow)
+Innate counter and Evade
+Can equip White, Black, and Green Magic, so can fill secondary roles on specific moments of certain battles.
+Auto refresh

-Doesnt have defense-ignoring attacks
-Crushing blow's debuff isnt bigger than cast imperil

...Something Like that.

Lyrian

but going all in on WoL and not getting him? thats freaking unlucky..

To put this slightly in a better perspective, the very early 4* bases did not get the standard 5% chance to draw on a banner. Rather, WoL on his release was something like 2 to 3%, which was really crappy (Zidane's banner was just a much a trap as well).

Nevertheless, CCIE's ordeal with that banner was among the worst RNG trolling moments in this community to date (which was possibly only equaled by Chilly's disaster on the BF banner).

Still, getting trolled like that sucks like nothing one can imagine until that person experiences it firsthand.

Lockon

Finished 4 TMs over the weekend: 3 Dualcasts and Elza's scythe. Now to start a new batch: Katana Mastery, Sakurafubuki, Black Cowl, Golden Egg, and Power of Creation. PoC is at 30% already. Hope I finish these in a few weeks.

Good thing I don't need new units since Brave Frontier...All my lapis is going to refilling nrg instead of summoning.

Lyrian

Got it!!!! Doublehand is my first premium TM. Elza is above 500 attack without dual wield. I'm a bit surprised that it works (since her spear is a two handed weapon). But it works... if it had not worked, CoD would have gotten it.

Have another Bartz, but I want other things first...

Congrats!

There are some really wierd weapon types that **should** be two-handed (like greatswords) that are not considered to be two-handed for some reason or another.

But yeah, picturing Elza one-handing a spear (I never picture her sprite wielding a short spear) is a mental oddity.

Lyrian

Finished 4 TMs over the weekend: 3 Dualcasts and Elza's scythe. Now to start a new batch: Katana Mastery, Sakurafubuki, Black Cowl, Golden Egg, and Power of Creation. PoC is at 30% already. Hope I finish these in a few weeks.

Good thing I don't need new units since Brave Frontier...All my lapis is going to refilling nrg instead of summoning.

Serious grats on the TMs!

I came to realization a few minutes ago that I really need to be careful chasing TMs via lapis refills. With the blazing fast macro, it is far far too easy to blow through stockpiled lapis.

Need to do this in moderation and not fall to the temptation of spending several thousand lapis to push through a set of TMs as fast as possible.

Seeing every here TM farming I decided to make a quick macro to start me back up on TM farming again since there isn't a new foolproof one that doesn't use lapis when NRG is empty. If anyone here knows of one I'd love to have a link to it

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
so, how the ratings could be like?

It could be something like this:

DAMAGE DEALERS:

S TIER

1.- Gilgamesh

+Can Equip all class of weapons
+High base ATK/DEF
+Very powerfull AoE (Divider) and Easy to chain
+Auto Refresh
+Dual Wield benefits greatly his performance thanks to weapon collector

-Cant equip hats and clothes (so no brave suit or black cowl)
-Doesnt have useful passive abilities (like counter or evade)
-Needs trust master to equal power to other base 5star attack units

2.- Luneth

+Innate dual weild
+Innate inmunity to paralyze, blind, confuse or petrify
+powerful ST skill (Cut Through) and easy to chain
+Enhacer on Luneth is equal to equip Save The Queen
+Auto Refresh

-Nonexistent elemental damage
-Dont have powerfull AoE skills

3.- Lightning

+Innate dual Weild
+Big elemental arsenal (that can elemental chain easily with magic)
+Powerfull ST skill (Crushing Blow)
+Innate counter and Evade
+Can equip White, Black, and Green Magic, so can fill secondary roles on specific moments of certain battles.
+Auto refresh

-Doesnt have defense-ignoring attacks
-Crushing blow's debuff isnt bigger than cast imperil

...Something Like that.

Largely yes, if you want to do the individual ranking in the tier, I think that is alright too, but largely basing it around what units do in comparison to current content.

The characters that we feel are ahead of the curve would be the S tier. They provide a large advantage over the current baseline of content.

So for example when Orlandu is released, we know he'll be far above. So he'll go into the SS Tier. Similar to how when Lightning was released and Trivialized the FFT event, Adv Col, Trial, etc.

But around the Halloween event, Crystal Tower. The new content started to take into account the power creep.

Lightning would fall down to S Tier then and the units with the same amount of power would be placed into it. Luneth, Elza, Giglamesh. The same will happen to Orlandu, Eileen, etc. Where the current SS Tier may have zero units in it for a time being because content difficulty caught up.

So looking at the tail end of the current S tier, Bartz would be there. Good damage and an alright kit. But once content gets a bit harder, he'll be bumped down to A tier. While the others will remain in S. Why? He simply wouldn't be able to put out the same amount of damage Giglamesh or Luneth can. Nor does he offer any easily chainable spells.

I do like the individual breakdown you did a lot too. I would also like to add in one more bit of how easily it is to gear a unit. For example, someone like CoD is fairly annoying to gear.

So she would be like..

5. CoD

Pros
+Man Eater and Man Eater+ add an additional 125% damage against humans, making her a top tier unit for all humanoid battles in PvE and PvP.
+Strong and a large variety of skills from defensive, support, and attack allow her to fill each role.
+Call of the Void is chainable and works well with other Dark units like Elza and DKC.
+Is able to boost the entire team's resistance in one turn and cleanse any debuff.

Cons
-Difficult to gear. The best weapons come from a trial, a past event, and a TM. Nor can she wear most armors other Damage Dealers have.
-No strong AE spell
-Drastically reduction in damage if not against a humanoid.

While for Example, Buttz and Giglamesh would both have in their Pros
+Can use almost any weapon and armor making them easy to fit into any spot in a line up.

This is the one that was linked yesterday, it's fantastic. I mostly use the second one on the list (TM no refill), it's crazy fast and works perfectly.

And as an additional point, because that macro didn't work for me but instead gave me errors, like clicking on my friend unit or just outright causing MEmu to freeze but not crash, try the other macros if you have unexplainable issues.

The Vanilla TM farming one works for me even if it's not as fast.

Xion86

Wow congrats to those who have unlocked some decent TMs recently :). I've currently got Cecil, Arc, Arc, Arc, Maxwell on the go.

Whales

Banned
yooo... these TM grind macros a crazy... theyre so quick jesus

might use the lapis refill one real quick to finish my DW zidane that needs 4% now

CCIE

Banned
I'm at least a couple of weeks out from my second TM, and around Christmas my single TM's should hopefully finish. Then my Lightning will not be a "scrub" anymore with upwards of 600 ATK. At that point, I will begin farming the Cowl since I recently acquired Hayate, and start on TM'ing a mage. Maybe ExDeath, maybe a different one if RNGesus blesses me with Hope or Majin Fina.

I decided to take Valentus advice and max one unit at a time, though the lack of DC on Refia is inconvenient for now. Hopefully she will have it sometime around the start of the new year. We'll see, because the game changed my current TM strategy with some draws a week or so ago. So you never know...

This is the one that was linked yesterday, it's fantastic. I mostly use the second one on the list (TM no refill), it's crazy fast and works perfectly.

And as an additional point, because that macro didn't work for me but instead gave me errors, like clicking on my friend unit or just outright causing MEmu to freeze but not crash, try the other macros if you have unexplainable issues.

The Vanilla TM farming one works for me even if it's not as fast.

Thanks for that guys. Will give them a try and hope I don't get errors

CCIE

Banned
I cannot see how Noctis can be released at the same time on Global unless they gimp him. He would essentially break the game due to power creep, being so much better than any of the other current units in Global.

He'd be more powerful than all of the units we still haven't even seen yet, judging by the units released in Japan.

Folstern

I cannot see how Noctis can be released at the same time on Global unless they gimp him. He would essentially break the game due to power creep, being so much better than any of the other current units in Global.

He'd be more powerful than all of the units we still haven't even seen yet, judging by the units released in Japan.
They could keep him capped at 5* until a later date like they did with Maxwell.

Valentus

I'm at least a couple of weeks out from my second TM, and around Christmas my single TM's should hopefully finish. Then my Lightning will not be a "scrub" anymore with upwards of 600 ATK. At that point, I will begin farming the Cowl since I recently acquired Hayate, and start on TM'ing a mage. Maybe ExDeath, maybe a different one if RNGesus blesses me with Hope or Majin Fina.

I decided to take Valentus advice and max one unit at a time, though the lack of DC on Refia is inconvenient for now. Hopefully she will have it sometime around the start of the new year. We'll see, because the game changed my current TM strategy with some draws a week or so ago. So you never know...

You are doing good girl. Plus, the satisfaction of having a monster unit and play with it motivates more to keep playing. So you are doing the right thing.

tuffymon

I saw the character models which looked pretty great. Have a link to the skills?

CCIE

Banned
Wow, with my current TM's I'm farming, she'll actually have close to 700 ATK by the time I'm done! That is worth the month wait, even with a few thousand lapis spent. Power of Creation, and the Bracers make a LARGE difference over the resistance TM's I was farming before.

Hopefully I can eventually draw Chizuru for Blade Mastery to edge her higher, but that is a HUGE difference from what I currently have. Then I can work on a second TM unit, probably a mage.

Whales

Banned
Wow, with my current TM's I'm farming, she'll actually have close to 700 ATK by the time I'm done! That is worth the month wait, even with a few thousand lapis spent. Power of Creation, and the Bracers make a LARGE difference over the resistance TM's I was farming before.

Hopefully I can eventually draw Chizuru for Blade Mastery to edge her higher, but that is a HUGE difference from what I currently have. Then I can work on a second TM unit, probably a mage.

You're getting around 700 ATK without blade mastery??

What are the TMs you're grinding for?

Valentus

You're getting around 700 ATK without blade mastery??

What are the TMs you're grinding for?

Lightning 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Excalibur +120ATK
Left Hand: Excalibur +120ATK
Head: Black Cowl +28ATK+25DEF+25SPR+100%Sleep
Body: Black Belt Gi +8ATK+24DEF
Accessory 1: Bracer +30ATK+15%HP
Accessory 2: Bracer +30ATK+15%HP
Ability 1: ATK +30% +30% ATK
Ability 2: ATK +20% +20% ATK
Ability 3: ATK +20% +20% ATK
Ability 4: ATK +20% +20% ATK
Esper: Ifrit HP:4500 MP:2200 ATK:5100 DEF:2800 MAG:2100 SPR:2100
Total Stats: HP: 5467 MP: 179 ATK: 706 DEF: 203 MAG: 144 SPR: 166

CCIE

Banned
She will have the following. Too bad I didn't have any of the other Premium ATK TM's to move her higher. Keep in mind the additional points she is getting from pots as well...

Romandian Pistol ( already has that )
Excalibur
Minerva Bustier
Black Cowl
Bracer (x2)
Power of Creation
ATK +10% (x3) - from the story

With Ifrit 2*, her ATK will be 698 with that setup... and I can drop it a little and increase her elemental resistance with the Garnets' that I removed from the queue to farm the bracers and PoC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom