• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

creid

Finally finally started messing with Nox tonight. The speed run TM macro is nice but I don't trust it yet so I'm only letting it run when I can keep an eye on it.

Muku

Arena is such a garbage mode I can't believe some people were actually looking forward to this piece of crap.

I think it's a big borefest. What is it it you don't like? I'm not into stuff like that anyways, so wasn't looking forward to it. Do it to get my daily lapis though.

Am trying to maintain ranking for monthly. I need dem Trust Mooglez.

SeanTSC

I'm actually enjoying the Arena quite a bit and how it's making me think differently about the value of units and how to use them. I'm also having a fairly easy time staying under 3k for both weekly and monthly. Running Refia/Cecil/CoD/Elza/BCL this week.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Arena is such a garbage mode I can't believe some people were actually looking forward to this piece of crap.

So you dont like the extra Lapis per Days, Monthly TM Moogle and Arena ticket extras ? :v:
This was what people were looking forward to - extra rewards, no one really cared about fighting AI controlled whale teams lol. I always saw it as more of a casual distraction like in other f2p games, never understood why people made such a big deal of it.

Azuran

Banned
I think it's a big borefest. What is it it you don't like? I'm not into stuff like that anyways, so wasn't looking forward to it. Do it to get my daily lapis though.

Am trying to maintain ranking for monthly. I need dem Trust Mooglez.

I hate everything about it. It's repetitive and you're at the mercy of lady luck not to get wiped in one turn. It's bullcrap that you can run into someone with 2 Exdeath and a Lightning who demolish you before you even make one move. There should be some sort of damage limitation in the first turn or something.

So you dont like the extra Lapis per Days, Monthly TM Moogle and Arena ticket extras ? :v:
This was what people were looking forward to - extra rewards, no one really cared about fighting AI controlled whale teams lol.

I would if they didn't became a chore to do. This week is slightly faster since there's no recovery but the past few weeks were painful since some matches could take more than 5 minutes to finish since everyone loves to pack 6000+ HP Cecils for some reason.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I would if they didn't became a chore to do. This week is slightly faster since there's no recovery but the past few weeks were painful since some matches could take more than 5 minutes to finish since everyone loves to pack 6000+ HP Cecils for some reason.

I agree - but its only really a chore if you go for the 100 streak achievement or wanna stay in the Top 3k of the month. I dont have the time to non stop fight 5* Base units and Cecil. Just take out some low ranks for the Daily rewards and move on.

Rixa

I hate everything about it. It's repetitive and you're at the mercy of lady luck not to get wiped in one turn. It's bullcrap that you can run into someone with 2 Exdeath and a Lightning who demolish you before you even make one move. There should be some sort of damage limitation in the first turn or something.

You do understand that you don't need to choose that 1.50 opponent?

I play arena _very_ casually 5-10 orbs per day (depending if I remember to do Arena outside of TM Farming more than those 5 rewards for Lapis). Usually I check the lowest rank who has highest points (around 1.00 or slightly above). I just don't care to aim for the high places. Keeping sure Iam inside 90k monthly ranking, weekly is somewhere 30-60k.

In my ranks highest points giver opponents are <1.20 anyways and its quite common that I see 1.10 pts / <40 rank.

Just do it casually :)

Folstern

I'm actually enjoying the Arena quite a bit and how it's making me think differently about the value of units and how to use them. I'm also having a fairly easy time staying under 3k for both weekly and monthly. Running Refia/Cecil/CoD/Elza/BCL this week.
I like it too for the same reason. Building an interesting/annoying team to fuck with other teams too. (Without seeing the results firsthand this isn't as appealing but nonetheless)

And I much prefer fighting AI to exploit using, forced quitting, whining real players. I wouldn't even bother doing PvP if that was the case. Made me go from loving Terra Battle to quitting it.

Xion86

Decided to try this quick TM MEmu script last night but just constantly crashes after a while for me. Maybe it's because it's too quick I'm not sure. What are you guys setting the delay to? I tried 30 seconds. I decided to try "TM Speed Run - Ultimate Build", unless I need to go for the Vanilla one. Tried it 3 times to test yesterday then left overnight but it will freeze.

May just stick to my own one, does the job and it goes until I wake up as the NRG bar is down. Just loops the Earth Shrine and uses Auto in the fights...

KeRaSh

Working my way through another XP grind with WoL 4* to 5* max so I finally have a Full Breaker at my disposal... After that it's 100% TM farming until the next event.
Need that Genji Glove!

desverger

I have to use switch control on IOS for lapis refills. That is where all my lapis are at in the game - not on the Android emulator. It's okay, though I can't really use my phone for much of anything else, and if I try to cut it out early, it just starts randomly dialing numbers on my phone.

I have to do a hard reset of the phone to "kill" it. Also, I just am not hard-core enough to get in more than two or three refills in a day. At the very most... So my TM's will take a little bit longer, unfortunately. Need an IOS emulator for FFBE

Sorry for the late reply, but why do you need to hard reset your phone to stop the switch control?

The following works for me, if I need to interrupt the switch control in progress:
-Lock screen
-Triple click home button
-Unlock screen

Syntsui

The lack of Lightning makes this one of the most disappointing banners so far. I'll do dailies every single day for Snow, but only for the TM.

Also,GUMI is fucking kidding with us with this Gill Snapper fuckery. WHERE THE HELL IS THE ENCHANTED MAZE???

bonkeng

FF13 Event, finally.

Snow, Vanille, Sazh.

Feels like this is a 2 part event. Lightning, Fang, Hope next week. With Lightning getting 100% bonus.

Edit: wtf is that Winged Saint? Such high attack.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
The lack of Lightning makes this one of the most disappointing banners so far. I'll do dailies every single day for Snow, but only for the TM.

Also,GUMI is fucking kidding with us with this Gill Snapper fuckery. WHERE THE HELL IS THE ENCHANTED MAZE???

It just means she is leading the following week banner

Rootbeer

Banned
sure do hate myself for spending 13 tickets yesterday... lol. oh wellll... might have to buy some lapis to get one or two of these characters. Thankfully already have Lightning.

Rootbeer

Banned
Is it possible that she does get the bonus but they just didn't show her in the graphic since she's not on the banner?

She is shown in the screenshot right below

I'm hoping she is a 100% bonus. Will be a huge boost for me this time around.

leehom

I like the arena, well, mostly because of the rewards. It's more fun than grinding the coliseum over and over again.

Gumi needs to gtfo with the events that require you to have new summons to get a decent mog currency. I guess this is the standard now =/

I'll also never pull Ex-Death, like how I still haven't gotten Cecil. Game trolls the hell out of me. I really want Ex-Death, but not worth spending 10+1 pull. Took me nearly 50 pulls just to get Refia.

Rootbeer

Banned
It's frustrating but the game only survives if people spend $$$. There has to be incentive to do so or the game closes. It's that simple.

Rixa

Hmm. This is grind event so ofc no Moogle from ELT clear. Time will show how much Moogle costs in shop.

Un3xmgi.jpg
Vf33pXc.jpg

UACCCQM.jpg
WsIuGFg.jpg

Folks with Lightning should grab Thunderfall first.

Rixa

oh great more bonus unit shit with a chance I might not pull any of them, just what I wanted

One can only hope that Lightning will give 100% bonus from start of event. If not :(. Mog King hopefully has 100 Cactuars but without event units it will take too much time to grind them.

If Lightning gives 0% Bonus on first week. I will continue fully grind TM and hope 2nd week gives 100% bonus when using Lightning friend.

Alkez

After yesterday's discussion on exceed rings I'll definitely be trying to get 2 snows. Vanille wouldn't hurt either.

I guess they didn't put lightning in this banner because they don't want people getting too much event currency too quickly. Hopefully this event isn't as bad as the bf event. Worst event so far imo (even though I got everything except demonic life).

bonkeng

Hmmm, I wonder if 2 Champions Belt stacks it's bonus 20% atk with Knuckles equipped. If it stacks, that would be huge with Kaiser Knuckle.

Rootbeer

Banned
I'll be sharing my Lightning for the event (she better start at 100% bonus *sob*.) No TMs so attack is not Whale-level. But hopefully will be good enough for most of the event.

Hopefully that 30% ATK materia goes on sale and I can splurge to grab it, pushing her over 500ATK.

Feel free to add. I'll be doing a lot of pruning of my friends list in the coming days.

Razmos

Hmmm nice... hopefully spamming lightning magic will work well in this event. Cause I just got dualcast on exdeath and arc... would make for quick work in combination with that ability
Most of the enemies are mechanical and weak to Lightning I think

leehom

It's frustrating but the game only survives if people spend $$$. There has to be incentive to do so or the game closes. It's that simple.

You're right, but they shouldn't be trying to put everything behind a paywall. As it is now;

Arena - For people who are willing to use lapis to increase their rank above 3k.

Mog events - Lapis to summon banner characters for bonus drops, otherwise it's not even worth farming.

Banner characters every week or two - More lapis burned for characters you will NEED because of power curve or TM.

TM's - Need to use lapis refill if you don't want to spend a month or longer to farm one.

What's next on their pay to win agenda?

I will agree they are somewhat generous on lapis/tickets, but it's countered by the ultra low drop rates.

The more people they can encourage to continue to play this game, the more revenue they will get in return. When people stop finding this game "fun" and quit, the community will follow.

I rather this be a full priced mobile game, $20-$30? with a much higher rate of obtaining banner characters (5%) vs the .05% to pull some characters as it is now. I find it ridiculous I spent about 40-50 pulls on WoL and didn't get him during the banner, about 80 on Lightning and didn't get her, and needed 48 just to pull a 4* Refia.

bonkeng

leehom, even though it's not for me, I'll answer you're post one at a time

Arena - For people who are willing to use lapis to increase their rank above 3k.

I never did refresh, and I'm sitting at monthly 2k range.

Mog events - Lapis to summon banner characters for bonus drops, otherwise it's not even worth farming.

This one I wholeheartedly agree with you.

Banner characters every week or two - More lapis burned for characters you will NEED because of power curve or TM.

On the contrary, this is one of the more generous f2p games I've played. You don't need those 4* or 5* bases to have 6* units. Cecil is the best tank, and is a 3* base. Exdeath and Bartz are perfectly capable units as well. CoD is a monster through and through. And look at how OP they made Firion in jp. 3* units are constantly getting upgraded, like Hayate and Charlotte.

Other games doesn't even give you this chance, like Chain Chronicles. 4* will always be 4*, and always crap compared to 5*.

TM's - Need to use lapis refill if you don't want to spend a month or longer to farm one.

Look on the bright side. They could've made this that the only way to increase tm is to feed moogles and dupe units. To have the chance of farming it for free is already a privilege I'd gladly take.

leehom

I never did refresh, and I'm sitting at monthly 2k range.

On the contrary, this is one of the more generous f2p games I've played. You don't need those 4* or 5* bases to have 6* units. Cecil is the best tank, and is a 3* base. Exdeath and Bartz are perfectly capable units as well. CoD is a monster through and through. And look at how OP they made Firion in jp. 3* units are constantly getting upgraded, like Hayate and Charlotte.

Did you fight all 1.50 xp? I usually fight around 1.2-1.3x and I'm sitting at 7.5k monthly. I guess it really depends on what characters you have to be able to handle all the 1.5x. My team isn't that strong.

It's frustrating knowing that Ex-Death and Cecil are 3* and being unable to pull either one, even on their banners. Those characters can be monsters if you have the right gear. What if you never pull the characters with the TM's to gear them properly? They're just above average.

Don't misunderstand me, I love this game. I love how it's a throwback to the 16 bit FF and music from the old games. It seems that Gumi or Squeenix is doing their best to make this game less and less appealing. They have a gold mine on their hands they can milk for years if they play their cards right.

bonkeng

Did you fight all 1.50 xp? I usually fight around 1.2-1.3x and I'm sitting at 7.5k monthly. I guess it really depends on what characters you have to be able to handle all the 1.5x. My team isn't that strong.

It's frustrating knowing that Ex-Death and Cecil are 3* and being unable to pull either one, even on their banners. Those characters can be monsters if you have the right gear. What if you never pull the characters with the TM's to gear them properly? They're just above average.

Don't misunderstand me, I love this game. I love how it's a throwback to the 16 bit FF and music from the old games. It seems that Gumi or Squeenix is doing their best to make this game less and less appealing. They have a gold mine on their hands they can milk for years if they play their cards right.

Nope, not always the 1.50. I'd purposely avoid those I know have multiple Lightnings. I'd rather fight the 1.20 and have my streak going, than risk it and lose it.

I understand your frustration. I've played other gacha, where my luck sucks. And sometimes it's quite daunting to participate in those hard events if you don't have the means to clear it.

At least here in GAF, we can help each other clear those events. I can say we all have each other's back. Besides, you'll eventually pull an OP unit in the future, I'm sure of it :)

Valentus

Round 1: 3 humans
Round 2: 1 beast
Round 3: 2 mechanical
Round 4: 1 mechanical

So, lightning with ifrit and machine Killer here we go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom