• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

c-murph

Dualcast get! First one of five to farm.

Just threw another Dualcast and Ultima into the grind. Ultima number two of four available.

My Zidanes are around the 50% mark too. So, halfway to having an almost dual wielding team. Probably going to throw the three black cowls into their spots after they finish.... The struggle for good weapons continues.

Rixa

Last time i used it, there's no atk pots option.

Now it's default with atk pots.

Try it with and without pots.

Lol fuck, didnt notice that they were on as default :p

Without pots said:
* Enhancer equipped

Gilgamesh 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Enhancer +82ATK+23MAG
Left Hand: Chirijiraden +80ATK
Head: Dark Helm +14ATK+20DEF
Body: Force Armor +51DEF+13SPR+10%Fire/Ice/Lightning
Accessory 1: Genji Glove +10%ATK/MAG & Dual Wield
Accessory 2: Hero's Ring +3DEF+3SPR+10%ATK+10%MAG
Ability 1: Blade Mastery +50% ATK Katana
Ability 2: Power of Creation +30% ATK +30% MAG
Ability 3: Seal of Destruction +20% ATK +20%MAG +10%HP
Ability 4: Seal of Destruction +20% ATK +20%MAG +10%HP
Esper: Ifrit HP:4500 MP:2200 ATK:5100 DEF:2800 MAG:2100 SPR:2100
Total Stats: HP: 5490 MP: 172 ATK: 717 DEF: 265 MAG: 260 SPR: 153

* Excalibur equipped

Gilgamesh 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Excalibur +120ATK
Left Hand: Chirijiraden +80ATK
Total Stats: HP: 5490 MP: 172 ATK: 740 DEF: 265 MAG: 237 SPR: 153

* Sakurafubuki equipped

Gilgamesh 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Excalibur +120ATK
Left Hand: Sakurafubuki +98ATK
Total Stats: HP: 5490 MP: 172 ATK: 758 DEF: 265 MAG: 237 SPR: 153

Excalibur seems to be better, definitely equpping with it. :). Next Ill do Sakurafubuki, so I get the weapon without element.

Well I went ahead and removed Chilly :( and some other random I have two slots open. Right now sharing a 614ish Luneth should also have a Black Cowl done today also if it calls for a Mage I will share my 600+ MAG Exdeath. 716.468.148

If you happen to free up another slot, I'd love an add: 715,699,683.

Yeah this event is weird

Im assuming Lightning will give 100% bonus on the event material?

Hopefully its still farmable with a smaller team since no one is gonna have these new characters maxed in a week

Interesting exclusives though! Definitely more friendly to F2P people looking to get more utility out of weaker characters

Oh.... So i did the daily pull this morning

Rainbow

Gilgamesh number 2... Wtf!!

Congrats, that is insane haha

desverger

Hi everyone! I'm slightly new to the game and have rerolled after playing for a few weeks. I realized I needed to reroll after noticing my roster was just full of mages and i pulled 4 exdeaths during the current event.. yea.. I finally settled after getting lightning and CoD. (yaaaaas!) Would anyone be willing to open a slot for me to help me out with events please? this is my friend ID: 213,824,819. please post your ID if you want and i'll add you. I barely managed to do The Big Bridge Adv thanks to my brother's arc. Any help would be very much appreciated!

Tossed you a FR as well. Welcome!

bonkeng

Lol fuck, didnt notice that they were on as default :p

Excalibur seems to be better, definitely equpping with it. :). Next Ill do Sakurafubuki, so I get the weapon without element.

Lol. Yup you're right :p

I miscalculated his base stats.

But don't always trust the calculator when dealing with Dual Wield. As passive buffs are applied to both attacks, while stats only buff your stat once.

H3xum

I recall discussion a few weeks back but I can't find it now, so I am going to annoyingly ask again...

Is Bartz best off DPS, Mag, or Hybrid?

I have access to a Chijordin or whatever, Excalibur and Enhancer

Blade Mastery TM

No great TM accessories, hats, or body gear (yet), just hero rings

Right now I am going Chiojeargunadfg and Blade Mastery because just the pure numbers are higher than anything else?

bonkeng

I recall discussion a few weeks back but I can't find it now, so I am going to annoyingly ask again...

Blade Mastery TM

No great TM accessories, hats, or body gear (yet), just hero rings

Right now I am going Chiojeargunadfg and Blade Mastery because just the pure numbers are higher than anything else?

General consensus is to go for pure atk stats, or pure mag stats. Hybrid is much more difficult to build and doesn't offer more damage.

Yup, Chimichanga Katana + Blade Mastery is the best you have, until you get Sakurafubuki or Genji Blade.

Blade Mastery TM

No great TM accessories, hats, or body gear, just hero rings

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5e9tit/analysis_of_bartzs_旋風斬_work_in_progress/

On another note, Bracer is done. Puts my Lightning at 636 atk. I need Myuki for that damn katana. Oh and Gilgamesh still eludes me :-( I need another zidane or gilga for my last DW!

CCIE

Banned
Desverger - you are a lifesaver. Now if I can only find a way to answer the phone with switch control running. I'm not ready to remove Chilly yet, but getting close. Hope he makes it back to the game soon.

Got FFXV last night, but not allowed to play it until X-Mas. Hubby is mean today ;( That's okay, though. I have to go out of town for work, but will be checking the board on and off. Pissed I have to waste three Arena runs in the Colosseum, again... Have a great day!

creid

Speed run TM macro got me about 3% towards an Omnirod between last night and a level up this morning. Not bad! It's finishing about 1 run every 40 seconds. Might use up a bunch of moogles just so I can cycle in some new blood.

Got up to 45% on all my TMs last night. Was 10% just 36 hours ago. The end is in sight! I'll probably fire it up when I get to work and let it run for another 8 hours, then all night again tonight, and hopefully by tomorrow I'll be at 80% and I can use my 2 moogles on zidane to complete my first TM.

across

Hi everyone!

Just tossed you a friend invite - my CoD isn't Valentus-level but should help a bit.

I pruned a bunch of other randoms who hadn't logged in in a while - I have several gaffers already, but if anyone has room - 755,040,092.

---

I've spent a good deal of Lapis on energy refreshes for TM farming lately. About 8k. I'm now a firm believer in the value of running the TM macro (depending on your personal stance on automation and capable hardware willing) vs. 10+1s for 5* bases as long as you have 5 TMs that represent a meaningful power boost.

There's a balancing act to be had. I don't think it's worth lapis boosting things like Magi Staves, Omnirods, Aegis Shields, and the such, and obviously you're going to need to buckle down and do pulls eventually to get the units to TM... but when I think of the likely result of 10k lapis into 2x 10+1 pulls vs. 5 guaranteed TMs (and a not-insubstantial amount of rank exp and gil, for all that's worth), 10+1 is looking iffy to me these days. But I may just be rationalizing my jealousy for all the Gilgameshes running around...

As regards this upcoming banner, anyone who is planning on running Doublehand should be giving a second look at it. Snow's TM, Champion Belt, gives (among other things) a flat 30 attack, like Gaffgarion's Bracer - so it's extra good combined with Doublehand.

Got up to 45% on all my TMs last night. Was 10% just 36 hours ago. The end is in sight! I'll probably fire it up when I get to work and let it run for another 8 hours, then all night again tonight, and hopefully by tomorrow I'll be at 80% and I can use my 2 moogles on zidane to complete my first TM.

How do you not run out of energy during those 8 hours?

Iceman829

I was thinking of doing the Antenolla trial later today. I was looking for some last minute tips and should I bring along any certain companion over others?

For my party setup I was looking at Cecil, Refia, WoL, CoD and for the last spot should I bring DKC or Lenna? I'm not sure If I need additional healing or some additional damage.

CCIE

Banned
I would assume Lightning isn't boosted this week, because she will be next week. And that way there is a 6* character on both banners. Just a guess, though. Man, I run switch controls off and on all day and have never gotten more than four refills in one day. I guess I'm just not hardcore enough...

I would assume Lightning isn't boosted this week, because she will be next week. And that way there is a 6* character on both banners. Just a guess, though. Man, I run switch controls off and on all day and have never gotten more than four refills in one day. I guess I'm just not hardcore enough...

If you use the speed run macro that was posted yesterday it takes like 34-40 secs per run so it runs through your NRG fast as shit.

CCIE

Banned
I have a Mac, so the only way to run that would be using a VM. My Nox performance has been pretty bad in a VM. But I might try it again anyway. Biggest issue is I have no lapis on the Android side. All IOS.

So Snow is 4* base? Maybe I'll be lucky enough to get a full party of bonus characters on a single 11 pull so i can skip the rest of the ff13 event and save lapis

H3xum

Your Bartz will definitely help me out a great deal H3xum. Please let me add you as well!

Thank you too to crazyivan19!

Also, please don't hesitate to remove me from friends list anytime guys if you need the space. I really appreciate all the help i get!

Sent you an invite :) Good luck and enjoy!

KeRaSh

I know no one will read this since everyone is already playing FFXV but I'm just sitting here grinding XP because the SE Online Store is fucking unable to make sure my copy which I've ordered more than half a year before release and paid for about a month ago arrives on the date the game actually releases. Those stupid fucks cheaped out on shipping.

I'm ultra salty about it. Was really hyped about the game but currently I can't even force myself to care about it anymore.
Won't be able to play at all tomorrow which makes it even worse. Who knows? There's no guarantee that my game even arrives tomorrow...

I have a Mac, so the only way to run that would be using a VM. My Nox performance has been pretty bad in a VM. But I might try it again anyway. Biggest issue is I have no lapis on the Android side. All IOS.

All of my Lapis is on iOS as well so I just use the non refill macro and then switch to my phone after about an hour or so do a refill go to my computer and restart it. It's less efficient obviously but it takes an extra 2 min to do it.

CCIE

Banned
KeRaSH - my Hubby bought me FFXV for X-Mas, and it is sitting in my download queue, but I'm not allowed to download it and play it... That is ten times worse

He said I can play TF2, or Rise of TR if I want. I'm out of town anyway, so I will probably play some actual PS4 this weekend when the kids are back home. Work will be pretty hectic the next two weeks, so hopefully time goes by fast.

Hippo, I'll try to set that up from my hotel tonight. I don't use Windows much, so it could be a bit of work

RedZaraki

Banned
Is Lapis refreshing worth it really?

I've been farming ExDeath and Bartz to level 100 the hard way. In Experience vortex ADV. I haven't even completed the Plant Trial yet or the new story content yet.

creid

I know no one will read this since everyone is already playing FFXV but I'm just sitting here grinding XP because the SE Online Store is fucking unable to make sure my copy which I've ordered more than half a year before release and paid for about a month ago arrives on the date the game actually releases. Those stupid fucks cheaped out on shipping.

I'm ultra salty about it. Was really hyped about the game but currently I can't even force myself to care about it anymore.
Won't be able to play at all tomorrow which makes it even worse. Who knows? There's no guarantee that my game even arrives tomorrow...

SE online store has always been pretty bad, sadly.

It can be, when compared to 11 pulls where you get nothing but garbage.

bonkeng

KeRaSH - my Hubby bout me FFXV for X-Mas, and it is sitting in my download queue, but I'm not allowed to download it and play it... That is ten times worse

He said I can play TF2, or Rise of TR if I want. I'm out of town anyway, so I will probably play some actual PS4 this weekend when the kids are back home. Work will be pretty hectic the next two weeks, so hopefully time goes by fast.

Hippo, I'll try to set that up from my hotel tonight. I don't use Windows much, so it could be a bit of work

That's like giving candies to kids and telling them not to eat it. Torture!

Syntsui

I've been farming ExDeath and Bartz to level 100 the hard way. In Experience vortex ADV. I haven't even completed the Plant Trial yet or the new story content yet.
Considering we know the next 1,5/2 months of content aren't that hard, I'd say no. But we know Gumi will buff the bosses from these events and there is always the possibility of new hard content being released.

This will always be a tricky question to answer anyway. If I feel my team is struggling to clear any content with the equipment I have available, I'll definitely spend lapis to finish the most important TMs.

KeRaSh

KeRaSH - my Hubby bout me FFXV for X-Mas, and it is sitting in my download queue, but I'm not allowed to download it and play it... That is ten times worse

I know my wife wouldn't torture me like that but that would be a legitimate reason to divorce her... :p

SE online store has always been pretty bad, sadly.

It can be, when compared to 11 pulls where you get nothing but garbage.

Really? I specifically ordered from there because people said they usually deliver a day early. Insert don'tbelievetheirlies. jpg here...

Depends on what units you have and what TM's. If you have a couple of great units already using Lapis for TM's seems like the way to go right now they change the game so much.

CCIE

Banned
I'm spending on refills for TM's... but not flushing a ton of money or anything. Just trying to make the timeframe more reasonable to attain them. I have no trouble using a few hundred lapis a day on refreshes to get my Lightning up to speed.

The fact she will be just under 700 ATK when the current round is done makes it worthwhile to me. I'm not doing 11-pulls right now anyway, so I'm limited to dailies and tickets, of which I have about two dozen.

desverger

Desverger - you are a lifesaver. Now if I can only find a way to answer the phone with switch control running. I'm not ready to remove Chilly yet, but getting close. Hope he makes it back to the game soon.

Glad it helped. You can also take a look in the OP for my post about switch controls, in case there's something new for you in there.

tariniel

I'm spending on refills for TM's... but not flushing a ton of money or anything. Just trying to make the timeframe more reasonable to attain them. I have no trouble using a few hundred lapis a day on refreshes to get my Lightning up to speed.

The fact she will be just under 700 ATK when the current round is done makes it worthwhile to me. I'm not doing 11-pulls right now anyway, so I'm limited to dailies and tickets, of which I have about two dozen.

700?! Dang, what's on there to get her that high? Probably Blade Mastery? Wish I had a chiz. As is I think mine will cap out after 2x Bracer and another Excalibur until I pull Chiz someday. I even already have the Sakura done... Not sure what other TMs I have access to, maybe Black Cowl.

CCIE

Banned
tariniel -

She will have the following.

Romandian Pistol ( already has that )
Excalibur
Minerva Bustier
Black Cowl
Bracer (x2)
Power of Creation
ATK +10% (x3) - from the story

With Ifrit 2*, her ATK will be 698 with that setup... and I can drop it a little and increase her elemental resistance with the Garnets' that I removed from the queue to farm the bracers and PoC

Valentus

So really chilly has abandoned us???? :(

RIP Chilly, That bitch tilith may take your soul, but i will pull an emperor for you Buddy

*Pressed F 1000 times.

Lyrian

Yeah this event is weird

Rainbow

Gilgamesh number 2... Wtf!!

Yay for artificially split banners?

Mega-grats on the second Gilgamesh!

Nope, not always the 1.50. I'd purposely avoid those I know have multiple Lightnings. I'd rather fight the 1.20 and have my streak going, than risk it and lose it.

I understand your frustration. I've played other gacha, where my luck sucks. And sometimes it's quite daunting to participate in those hard events if you don't have the means to clear it.

At least here in GAF, we can help each other clear those events. I can say we all have each other's back. Besides, you'll eventually pull an OP unit in the future, I'm sure of it :)

My Lightning is decent at best right now, but give it a month, and she will be close to 700 ATK. Hope she helps a new player, and welcome to the group

Personally, I'm grateful for the Arena. Yes, the crashes are annoying and I will never get the 100 streak, but free stuff from daily matches, pots, and Arena summons. Also, the event is free stuff to lessen the endless grind, so it doesn't bother me either. I'm just taking the game as it goes, and don't worry about power playing anymore.

Bonkeng, Arena is easy for you to stay at top because your team is stacked... the rest of us struggle with that

Oh, and I would really like Snow RNGesus! Please feel free to bless me with his presence

I've had a theory on the Arena, and someone else also quietly posted it on Reddit (and was quickly ignored) yesterday. Went and verified this over the last few days.

The trick to seeing the 1.50s is that you have be able to break free from the pack (peloton if you're into cycling). This is because the game generally rolls +/- a given range from a player's current ranking. If a player is stuck in the masses, then they will likely only see the masses around them, which means low ratios. However, if the player can reach a rank where all that is front of them are the whales, then seeing 1.50s are easy and makes it **much** easier to maintain a high ranking.

Of course, the problem at that point is getting lucky and seeing four 1.50 teams and then choosing the one that is an easy team and not a Whale-Team-of-Annihilation.

I wouldn't mind a Snow or two either...

Daily: Exdeath #2. I'm okay with this.

CCIE

Banned
Not sure why people want Tilith so much - Refia is ten times cooler, and he had her. I might remove him this weekend, but yes will always re-add him if he comes back - kick someone to do so if necessary

Kouriozan

He's still on my friend list, I am still keeping hope he'll suddenly be back >.<
Tilith's job is wrong, she isn't a Goddess, but a reaper who took Chilly's soul.

Yeah but how to do you get that into an auto macro?

The macro that was linked yesterday has a version with lapis refills built into it already. Not sure how to truly set it up from scratch nor would I ever care enough to try lol.

I can briefly describe how it works. Basically the macro cycles indefinitely through a series of strategic clicks. So imagine looking at all the screens that you will ever encounter on your macro run. Mostly this means the combat screen, the friend select screen, the manage party screen where you click depart, and the mission select screen. But there are others. For example, if the game crashes you'll be back at Android "desktop". If you need to refresh lapis you'll have the lapis purchase screen up. If your items fill up you might end up on the items screen. If you don't have a full friends list, you might get a request at the end of combat to accept or decline a friend request.

So now imagine, for each of those scenarios (and I may have even missed some), where you need to click to do the next action. On the combat screen you need to click your attacking unit. On the lapis refresh screen you need to click "Yes". On the mission select screen you need to choose Earth Shrine - Entrance. etc etc.

Imagine you have a sheet of paper that is the size of your game window, and for each of these scenarios, you draw the region you need to click. For the combat screen you would draw 2 rectangles, for example. One for each of 2 characters. For the lapis refresh screen, you would draw a rectangle only for the yes button. For the manage party screen you want to click the depart button. All of this is on one sheet of paper so the rectangles are overlapping.

Now imagine each of those screens and look at all the places that you must not click. On the manage party screen, for example, you can't click on any of your party members. You can't click on your esper's square or your friend's square. Doing any of those would break the macro because it would take you to a screen that the macro doesn't know about. On the combat screen you don't want it clicking the menu or options button. You don't want it single targeting enemies. Etc.

So for each of those places where you must never click, erase that entire region from your piece of paper.

What you're left with represents all the places where clicks need to happen. But to make the macro fast, you want as few clicks as possible. If two regions overlap (for example choosing the mission from the mission select screen and clicking Yes on the refill lapis window), you can do it with 1 click. So from here, you just have to look at what's left and find the minimum number of clicks and location of said clicks to cover all regions.

After that, you make the macro run through these clicks in a blazing fast loop.

What you're left with is a macro that is resumable (i.e. you can stop it anywhere and resume it anywhere), and will go as fast as your machine goes. If it crashes during combat, it will start up the app again (because one of the clicks it cycles through is right on top of the app's icon on the desktop) and put you back into the middle of the battle you crashed in. And it never clicks on anything that breaks the macro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom