• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else here hasn't completed ELT Gilgamesh yet? I tried it for the first time yesterday, went ok for the first 50%, but when Lenna got one-shot I couldn't recover since she was the only one with curaja in my party. Got it down to ~20% before wiping.

I just beat it this morning, and just barely. Was down to Cecil, refia and a whale friends Elza (700ish ATK). Not sure I could have lasted more than 1 or 2 turns longer

Valentus

So after the Noctis Hype (that i think it will be the christmas event, along with Santa Rain, Elf Lid, Rudolph Fina and Xmas Sleigh Lasswell) what units will come from here to new year?

I think:

Week of 12/02: FFXIII part 1
Week of 12/09 - FFXIII part 2 - End Gilgamesh batch
Week of 12/16 - Majin Fina Batch (with mercedes as special guest) - End FFXIII part 1
Week of 12/23 - NOCTIS SAMA AND RUDOLPH FINA, BAKE CHRISMAS MOGCAKES FOR THE MOG KING FUCKER - End FFXIII part 2
Week of 12/30 - NEW YEAR, NEW GENERATION, RATE UPS FOR NOCTIS, PENELO, SHADOW, RAKHASHA, BEDILE

So after the Noctis Hype (that i think it will be the christmas event, along with Santa Rain, Elf Lid, Rudolph Fina and Xmas Sleigh Lasswell) what units will come from here to new year?

I think:

Week of 12/16 - Majin Fina Batch (with mercedes as special guest) - End FFXIII part 1
Week of 12/23 - NOCTIS SAMA AND RUDOLPH FINA, BAKE CHRISMAS MOGCAKES FOR THE MOG KING FUCKER - End FFXIII part 2
Week of 12/30 - NEW YEAR, NEW GENERATION, RATE UPS FOR NOCTIS, PENELO, SHADOW, RAKHASHA, BEDILE

I hope this is true, I need time to stock up for Orlandu. Fucking pissed that if I dont manage to pull him I have take DW from my Elza and give it to him. I really needed another Zidane or that rainbow crystal for Gilgamesh.

Zalasta

I just beat it this morning, and just barely. Was down to Cecil, refia and a whale friends Elza (700ish ATK). Not sure I could have lasted more than 1 or 2 turns longer

Going to switch some materias around, but I'm always having a harder time on these ELT encounter since I only have a 2nd tier tank and healer (Charlotte/Lenna).

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I could see Noctic being a special reward/Giveaway unit. It would make more sense that way. Have an event around him.

On the FFXIII Event. I think this event is going to be fairly easy. Not interested in anything, but the normal stuff. So:

Tickets
6* Mats
Elixirs(Not going to get the PDs this time, since I use them far less.)
Sarced and Holy Crystals
SQs

I don't have Lightning, so no reason to get her ability.

Snow's weapon isn't bad, but the only way I can make use of it is if I get him for his TM. Where the weapon is relatively pointless without. And even with it, the additional 20% ATK only really pays off if you have Xaio's TM. For example, using it over a Excal nets a 64 ATK drop from the weapon, but on Buttz with Max ATK thru pots, only a 30 ATK Increase. It means that even if I had two belts, he would still lose attack. And even a single belt would be under stuff like Gungair.

Even using the highest baseline of 180 ATK for maxed out Luneth. The gain with two belts would be 72 ATK. So basically, his weapon is fairly pointless. Where the 120 Damage sword is a solid 64 points. So grinding this item and grinding a TM results in a net gain of 8 ATK.

Whales

Banned
I could see Noctic being a special reward/Giveaway unit. It would make more sense that way. Have an event around him.

On the FFXIII Event. I think this event is going to be fairly easy. Not interested in anything, but the normal stuff. So:

Tickets
6* Mats
Elixirs(Not going to get the PDs this time, since I use them far less.)
Sarced and Holy Crystals
SQs

hopefully it also has cactuars

Neekaw

Hey guys, i just made some room in my friend list, and looking to add some GAF players.

595 atk Elza here!

ID is 874,578,971, thanks!

bsej87

Sent a few friend requests. Feel free to add me at 187,349,500. Finally got Refia to 100 and now to start the long journey with Exdeath. Also finally broke down and joined in on the macro TM farming since I'm pretty sure rainbow crystals are some illuminati myth.

Alkez

Took on the new trial for the first time today. Got absolutely blown back lol. I've struggled with content in the past but this is the first time I've felt like something is completely undoable for me at this current point in time. Will have to wait a little bit until my CoD can have her mace to go with her rising sun.

Neekaw and bsej87 I posted my ID a couple of pages back. I'm TM farming atm so if you send me a request I'll accept when it's done.

Syntsui

With Luneth, Gilgamesh and 2 DKCs on my team, I don't really think I should pursue Lightning on the second part of the banner.

Considering we will have Snow this week and I manage to pull 2 of him from dailies and tickets (crazy I know) I might be done with spending lapis until the FF Zero banner with the unit that will give us 20% ATK.

Orlandu and Tidus will be a must whenever they are released though...

Muku

Daily pull was Faris... Again. OMG just give me Bartz already.

Also this talk of Chilly.. ;_; I am not yet ready to remove from FL yet...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So thinking about giving Antenolla a shot soon.

I dont have a 5* Base damage dealer so ill have to use Chiz. From what i read this stage is all about single target damage so no Barrage. "Stab" from the Kitchen Knife is the strongest single target attack Chiz has Access to..right ?

Next point would be Dual Wielding - does the order of weapons matters damage wise on a move like Stab ?

Also...how tough is the stage without Dual Cast ? I dont have Cecil so Refia would be the only one healing. Thinking of going with WoL/Charlotte/CoD/Chiz/Refia + OP Friend ( it think Luneth is the preferred choice) ?

Good enough for a clear ?

Lyrian

Arena fights are really starting to suck hardcore.

So many ridiculous teams out there now and growing in number by the day.

yc0MgWx.png

Fortunately sleep exists. It has saved my bacon so many times against impossible odds.... like when any team like this wins the opening coin flip :/

Alkez

Fortunately sleep exists. It has saved my bacon so many times against impossible odds.... like when any team like this wins the opening coin flip :/

Question: is the chance of inflicting a status ailment done per hit or per move?

Rootbeer

Banned

I think:

FFXV chars this year? I. want. this. so. much. but. my. wallet. sure. don't!

yc0MgWx.png

I got smoked by a rank 30 trap team. That guy MUST have been injecting. I dont know how you get that powerful so fast

c-murph

I think:

You say RAKHASHA but I only got one.

Man, you get a couple dual casters in you Arena party and no team survives two turns. If I can get three with another Ultima I'm sure I can knock out everything with one turn.

H3xum

yc0MgWx.png

I can honestly say I don't think I have ran into a team that didn't have at least a Luneth, Lightening, Elza, or Donkey Kong...which I don't understand how its possible. I have no 5* base, but every single active person in the arena does, apparently.

I can honestly say I don't think I have ran into a team that didn't have at least a Luneth, Lightening, Elza, or Donkey Kong...which I don't understand how its possible. I have no 5* base, but every single active person in the arena does, apparently.

You're not alone, still have never pulled a rainbow, let alone a 5* base!

Well... to be fair, the majority of people that would really put time into the arena are probably the more "hardcore" players of the game, so the chances of running into the better units is probably high.

That being said, I'm usually in the 20-25k rank range and I consistently see teams that don't have whale units. I actually beat one earlier today that was running with the original team of Rain, Laswell, and Fina. That's it. Just the three. And somehow it was a 1.0 ratio for me.

You're not alone, still have never pulled a rainbow, let alone a 5* base!
The only rainbow I ever got was a troll Garnet (even if she is a decent unit, she's definitely not one I need). But I'm also in the party of never having pulled a 5* base.

leehom

The worst is a dual Lightning/Luneth or one each with 6* ExDeath and Cecil. They can pretty much destroy you on the first turn. Some of these guys even have CoD with the staff that petrifies, which makes it impossible to win when half your team gets petrified in the first round.

H3xum

Well... to be fair, the majority of people that would really put time into the arena are probably the more "hardcore" players of the game, so the chances of running into the better units is probably high.

Yeah, I am around 5k, so you are right there, I just feel better when I complain :p

The worst is a dual Lightning/Luneth or one each with 6* ExDeath and Cecil. They can pretty much destroy you on the first turn. Some of these guys even have CoD with the staff that petrifies, which makes it impossible to win when half your team gets petrified in the first round.

If I don't get first turn, I lose 75% of the time because of the combo you listed, it is so many of the teams I get placed with

Oh shit thanks for reminding to go use my Gale Key for that staff :p CoD boutta be eatin!

Valentus

Well i free some slots. If Someone wants to add me, put your id here.

I have.... Well, i have all the units with almost all the equipment xD, at service of gaf.

eggydoo

The only rainbow I ever got was a troll Garnet (even if she is a decent unit, she's definitely not one I need). But I'm also in the party of never having pulled a 5* base.

Same, i used up all my lapis for lightning and nothing.
Only rainbow I've ever got was Juggler.

Hrmmm so dual wielding that golem staff with a rising sun my CoD hits like a bitch now but damn did she not petrify 3 people every single arena fight....worth it!

CCIE

Banned
I love that damned staff... watching Elza turned to stone, or a Cecil that steps in front of another character. That is awesome stuff!

Aren't summon rates published on JP? If so, could someone just pull JP summon rates for this event to tell us what the % chances are of getting the various units on this banner?

I encountered a team in arena that already had 5 6* exdeaths maxed out.

Yeah I have fought a couple of those a couple of 5 maxxed out Lightnings shit I fought a 5 Elza team at one point (My only loss so far that wasn't a disconnect) I feel like I put a lot of time in this game but I don't see how I could ever have that type of team without dropping some serious cash.

TIL that Cecil keels over and stops zombie protecting after an attack chain ends. So, keep some attacks in reserve to kill off the poor guy clutching his sacred corpse.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Well i free some slots. If Someone wants to add me, put your id here.

I have.... Well, i have all the units with almost all the equipment xD, at service of gaf.

Bless my OG account if you have the free spot lol.

chrono01

He probably unsubbed from the thread. I know that's what I did the last time I ragequit a gacha game.
Haha, probably. That's standard procedure for me when I quit a gatcha game for good.

I just hope it isn't "for good", when it comes to Chilly. It's so quiet here without him.

(Or maybe it's because of FFXV. Speaking of, my copy arrived earlier today, gonna try to start it tonight, assuming the patches don't take too long to install. :/)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom