• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked over the new units and I'm just not all that excited for them. Is Snow basically a lower tier Lightning? I see some of the same attack sets, but not nearly as robust as the friend Lightnings I drag along.

I don't need another full breaker with the 6* coming down the line for Agrias so Sazh is meh. And with both Refia and Tilith in my repertoire, I see no use for Vanille.

So unless I'm missing something, this is another week of farming the event, (VERY) slowly TM farming, and daily pulls. I'm okay with that.

Valentus

I looked over the new units and I'm just not all that excited for them. Is Snow basically a lower tier Lightning? I see some of the same attack sets, but not nearly as robust as the friend Lightnings I drag along.

I don't need another full breaker with the 6* coming down the line for Agrias so Sazh is meh. And with both Refia and Tilith in my repertoire, I see no use for Vanille.

So unless I'm missing something, this is another week of farming the event, (VERY) slowly TM farming, and daily pulls. I'm okay with that.

Snow is a roided amarant, with almost 100% of draw attacks with provoke and 60% counter physical and magical attacks.

Snow Will Be the second best tank of the Game, just behind cecil.

Yeah this event is weird

Im assuming Lightning will give 100% bonus on the event material?

Hopefully its still farmable with a smaller team since no one is gonna have these new characters maxed in a week

Interesting exclusives though! Definitely more friendly to F2P people looking to get more utility out of weaker characters

Oh.... So i did the daily pull this morning

Rainbow

Gilgamesh number 2... Wtf!!

Xion86

Sigh guy at work who plays got Gilgamesh.

Daily pull was a 3 star Shadow for me :)....

Anyway, I might give that script I mentioned before from Reddit one more try, but if it freezes again I'm just going to stick to my own TM script, seems more reliable for me :/

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Lackluster banner and event for me. I dont have Cecil so Snow could be my first 6* tank but i might just farm DualCast TM the next couple days instead.
Does that make WoL third? Charlotte fourth?
When it comes to straight up tanking Damage WoL is actually one of the worst right now lol - Charlotte, Amarant, Demon Rain and Co. are better.

Cecil will stay the Top Dog for a while with Snow coming for that second place now.
Oh.... So i did the daily pull this morning

Rainbow

Gilgamesh number 2... Wtf!!

Some of you guys have incredible luck - crazy, congrats.

Snow is a roided amarant, with almost 100% of draw attacks with provoke and 60% counter physical and magical attacks.

Snow Will Be the second best tank of the Game, just behind cecil.

Interesting. So if I already have Cecil (and Charlotte), I have even less of a reason to pull for him, then.

My daily pull was a gold................ Anzelm. Which officially makes it my 28th time pulling him.

Yeah dude.... Now i feel dumb for blowing all those 11 pulls before

Oh well.

Moving on ill be building lapis for the next FF6 event and the final FFT event

Dont think ill pull hard for Orlandu

leehom

When it comes to straight up tanking Damage WoL is actually one of the worst right now lol - Charlotte, Amarant, Demon Rain and Co. are better.

Cecil will stay the Top Dog for a while with Snow coming for that second place now.

Are you serious....? WoL is one of the worst? Oh, cuz he's still in 5* form, what about his 6* form? I finally pulled him recently and maxed him out at 5* anticipating his 6*. Making me feel bad wasting lapis to power level WoL to max =/

Rixa

Well decided to do 10+1 cause I just felt like to do so. Was bad pull :D.
Got 5 Gold troll crystals: 2 Cyans, 2 Faris, 1 Rosa (new), rest were mostly trash (1 Luna & Golbez). 5000 Lapis down the drain, Iam not mad cause I expected it.

I think I farm one fast ability with my 5 Faris at some point, so I get space to inventory. Same goes to my Luna army, fed most of them to one, still have 6 Lunas one is around 45%.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Are you serious....? WoL is one of the worst? Oh, cuz he's still in 5* form, what about his 6* form? I finally pulled him recently and maxed him out at 5* anticipating his 6*. Making me feel bad wasting lapis to power level WoL to max =/

No, he is still a great unit because he is a Tank with Access to Full Break so he can fulfill two roles on a team. Just when it comes to straight tanking he is worse than Charlotte or Cecil because he lacks damage mitigation while taking hits.

His 6* is when he will really shine though - kick ass AoE debuffs, Raise, 100% draw for the next turn etc.

bonkeng

Well decided to do 10+1 cause I just felt like to do so. Was bad pull :D.
Got 5 Gold troll crystals: 2 Cyans, 2 Faris, 1 Rosa (new), rest were mostly trash (1 Luna & Golbez). 5000 Lapis down the drain, Iam not mad cause I expected it.

I think I farm one fast ability with my 5 Faris at some point, so I get space to inventory. Same goes to my Luna army, fed most of them to one, still have 6 Lunas one is around 45%.

Why'd you do that? You already got Gilg :/

Btw, Gratz DocRob. You're having a lucky streak lately :)

Why'd you do that? You already got Gilg :/

Btw, Gratz DocRob. You're having a lucky streak lately :)

Seems like it right?

I did spend a little money and had a few bad 11 pulls though (well none of them were THAT bad)

I feel like I am beyond set for all future content outside of figuring out how to micro manage these bonus unit events lol

Kouriozan

And Dual Cast get!
Time to finish that Big Bridge event.

Really hope Lightning will get her 100% drop bonus for the first week of XIII event.

Rixa

Yeah

this is the first banner in awhile without a 5 star base. Looks like they are doing a split banner over the two weeks with Lightning on the Hope/Fang banner

Just wondering if someone does 10+1 and gets rainbow... Definitely not great banner for multipull.

H3xum

So from the looks of it I am only running these events once for completions sake and never pulling.

Could it be possible that Mog King doesn't have any of the extra goodies like TM, SQ, Sacred/Holy Crystals?

Here we come TM's

So from the looks of it I am only running these events once for completions sake.

Could it be possible that Mog King doesn't have any of the extra goodies like TM, SQ, Sacred/Holy Crystals?

we dont know yet

Usually he has a bunch of good stuff either way

Assuming I can get the event material in decent amounts Ill likely get tickers, cactuars, SQ, and whatever else looks good

Event mat drops not looking great right now but we will see

H3xum

we dont know yet

Usually he has a bunch of good stuff either way

Assuming I can get the event material in decent amounts Ill likely get tickers, cactuars, SQ, and whatever else looks good

Event mat drops not looking great right now but we will see

I guess I will get the +10 attk and auto bravery for uh maybe my 6* Bartz since Hero Ring only gives him 12 or 13, so the Bravery buff is better and I can put that ring on an ExDeath or something. Most battles don't last 4+ rounds so the buff will be active.

I will probably buy that Lightening exclusive materia even though I don't have a lightening. It seems like her best AoE dmg ability, I would hate to pass it up on the off chance I actually pull a 5* base for a change

Kouriozan

Well, that was easy, all missions done first try, I think without Full Break I would have failed the no K.O. one.

vHV5rHQl.jpg

He kept targeting Refia for whatever reason, thankfully I gave her enough HP+15%.
Dual cast is OP on her x)

This is great. No characters I'm interested in, as well as mostly exclusive items for characters I'm not interested in? (Besides Lightning.) So, Thunderfall, cactuars, and more TM farming? Yes, please.

I guess I will get the +10 attk and auto bravery for uh maybe my 6* Bartz since Hero Ring only gives him 12 or 13, so the Bravery buff is better and I can put that ring on an ExDeath or something.

I will probably buy that Lightening exclusive materia even though I don't have a lightening. It seems like her best AoE dmg ability, I would hate to pass it up on the off chance I actually pull a 5* base for a change

It would be nice if innate magic buffs actually stacked with casted buffs

The issue with Auto Brave is that its only 20% and you will likely be using buffs in battles anyways

Still its a permanent buff so whats nice is that it increases his base damage output at all times. It dont remember if it can be dispelled or not.

I mean... if you are using hyper wrists its basically a straight upgrade.. just not for long

Good item for new players at least

H3xum

It would be nice if innate magic buffs actually stacked with casted buffs

The issue with Auto Brave is that its only 20% and you will likely be using buffs in battles anyways

Still its a permanent buff so whats nice is that it increases his base damage output at all times. It dont remember if it can be dispelled or not.

I mean... if you are using hyper wrists its basically a straight upgrade.. just not for long

Good item for new players at least

That is a great point, thanks. You just saved me some time

Was the FFXIII banner WAY earlier in JP? Did they have all of the 5* bases that we have now? This banner just seems so meh short of Snow's TM.

At least we can get 150 easy lapis from Gil Snapper Cave! Glass half full. I want a maze.

Thorinbei

Neo Member
Hi everyone! I'm slightly new to the game and have rerolled after playing for a few weeks. I realized I needed to reroll after noticing my roster was just full of mages and i pulled 4 exdeaths during the current event.. yea.. I finally settled after getting lightning and CoD. (yaaaaas!) Would anyone be willing to open a slot for me to help me out with events please? this is my friend ID: 213,824,819. please post your ID if you want and i'll add you. I barely managed to do The Big Bridge Adv thanks to my brother's arc. Any help would be very much appreciated!

Xion86

Hi everyone! I'm slightly new to the game and have rerolled after playing for a few weeks. I realized I needed to reroll after noticing my roster was just full of mages and i pulled 4 exdeaths during the current event.. yea.. I finally settled after getting lightning and CoD. (yaaaaas!) Would anyone be willing to open a slot for me to help me out with events please? this is my friend ID: 213,824,819. please post your ID if you want and i'll add you. I barely managed to do The Big Bridge Adv thanks to my brother's arc. Any help would be very much appreciated!

Welcome to the game and to Team EXVIUS GAF! I'll add you now :).

c-murph

Well, that was easy, all missions done first try, I think without Full Break I would have failed the no K.O. one.

vHV5rHQl.jpg

He kept targeting Refia for whatever reason, thankfully I gave her enough HP+15%.
Dual cast is OP on her x)

That's why I keep a camouflage materia on my healer and mage. Takes up an ability slot but whatevs.

Edit: Double post! Fuck. Sorry, rookie mistake. That's why I shouldn't post in the morning... before I had my cup of brandy.

H3xum

Welcome! I will let the big boys here fill your list since I only can bring a middle of the road at best Bartz to the table for you :p

bonkeng

Added.

Welcome to our community.

Any questions you have, ask away. We'll try to help as much as we can.

Well I went ahead and removed Chilly :( and some other random I have two slots open. Right now sharing a 614ish Luneth should also have a Black Cowl done today also if it calls for a Mage I will share my 600+ MAG Exdeath. 716.468.148

Thorinbei

Neo Member
Welcome! I will let the big boys here fill your list since I only can bring a middle of the road at best Bartz to the table for you :p

Your Bartz will definitely help me out a great deal H3xum. Please let me add you as well!

Thank you too to crazyivan19!

Also, please don't hesitate to remove me from friends list anytime guys if you need the space. I really appreciate all the help i get!

Kouriozan

Welcome, enjoy your stay!
Sent you a request :)

Rixa

Right Hand: Enhancer +82ATK+23MAG
Left Hand: Chirijiraden +80ATK
Head: Dark Helm +14ATK+20DEF
Body: Force Armor +51DEF+13SPR+10%Fire/Ice/Lightning
Accessory 1: Genji Glove +10%ATK/MAG & Dual Wield
Accessory 2: Hero's Ring +3DEF+3SPR+10%ATK+10%MAG
Ability 1: Blade Mastery +50% ATK Katana
Ability 2: Power of Creation +30% ATK +30% MAG
Ability 3: Seal of Destruction +20% ATK +20%MAG +10%HP
Ability 4: Seal of Destruction +20% ATK +20%MAG +10%HP
Esper: Ifrit HP:4500 MP:2200 ATK:5300 DEF:2800 MAG:2100 SPR:2100
Total Stats: HP: 5490 MP: 172 ATK: 719 DEF: 265 MAG: 260 SPR: 153

That's still one hell of a monster, 719 atk.

I was wondering this (again I know). Now that I tested Unit calculator, I get different results. Which to believe?
Also with Excalibur as 2nd weapon I get even higher damage.
Gilgamesh 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Enhancer +82ATK+23MAG
Ability 1: Blade Mastery +50% ATK Katana
Ability 2: Power of Creation +30% ATK +30% MAG
Ability 3: Seal of Destruction +20% ATK +20%MAG +10%HP
Esper: Ifrit HP:4500 MP:2200 ATK:5100 DEF:2800 MAG:2100 SPR:2100
Total Stats: HP: 6255 MP: 237 ATK: 803 DEF: 296 MAG: 310 SPR: 179

With Excalibur said:
Gilgamesh 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Excalibur +120ATK
Ability 1: Power of Creation +30% ATK +30% MAG
Ability 2: Seal of Destruction +20% ATK +20%MAG +10%HP
Ability 3: Blade Mastery +50% ATK Katana
Esper: Ifrit HP:4500 MP:2200 ATK:5100 DEF:2800 MAG:2100 SPR:2100
Total Stats: HP: 6255 MP: 237 ATK: 824 DEF: 296 MAG: 287 SPR: 179

Is the Unit Calculator now broken or was there something missing when Bonkeng did the calculation? It seems its better to use Excalibur as 2nd weapon than Enhancer.

CCIE

Banned
My Lightning is decent at best right now, but give it a month, and she will be close to 700 ATK. Hope she helps a new player, and welcome to the group

Personally, I'm grateful for the Arena. Yes, the crashes are annoying and I will never get the 100 streak, but free stuff from daily matches, pots, and Arena summons. Also, the event is free stuff to lessen the endless grind, so it doesn't bother me either. I'm just taking the game as it goes, and don't worry about power playing anymore.

Bonkeng, Arena is easy for you to stay at top because your team is stacked... the rest of us struggle with that

Oh, and I would really like Snow RNGesus! Please feel free to bless me with his presence

bonkeng

I was wondering this (again I know). Now that I tested Unit calculator, I get different results. Which to believe?
Also with Excalibur as 2nd weapon I get even higher damage.

Is the Unit Calculator now broken or was there something missing when Bonkeng did the calculation? It seems its better to use Excalibur as 2nd weapon than Enhancer.

Last time i used it, there's no atk pots option.

Now it's default with atk pots.

Try it with and without pots.

CCIE: My arena squad is most likely the same as yours. Lightning, CoD, Cecil, Ramza and Delita. Ramza has Dual Cast Ultima, but he can now easily be replaced with Exdeath. Delita is subbing for Refia, and is just doing Northswain Strike to bypass Cecil's tanking, and should also be easily replaceable with Bartz or another DC mage like Arc.

I also struggle, but I do choose wisely who to go up against. I purposely avoid Elza lead, as she can mess up my team big time if she goes first and do Lance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom