• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why people want Tilith so much - Refia is ten times cooler, and he had her. I might remove him this weekend, but yes will always re-add him if he comes back - kick someone to do so if necessary

6 star Tilith is to some the ultimate healer, she has group everything and from what I've been reading from the JP players the trials and events get harder and harder. Refia with DC is an amazing healer too but she's slightly outclassed by Tilith.

Lyrian

Not sure why people want Tilith so much - Refia is ten times cooler, and he had her.

Because "future-proofing", likely.

It's the bane and curse of the Global server versus the Japanese server, being 7+ months ahead of Global. As it is known that a tricked out 6* Tillith will be the top-of-the-top healer at this point in JP in the future, not rolling her means that your team/account is suddenly a failure (somehow).

It's a really poor position to hold, but I understand why people strive for this. Still, FFBE via TMs is incredibly generous in allowing most units to make up for their deficiencies towards their future replacement unit upgrades.

I can briefly describe how it works. Basically the macro cycles indefinitely through a series of strategic clicks. So imagine looking at all the screens that you will ever encounter on your macro run. Mostly this means the combat screen, the friend select screen, the manage party screen where you click depart, and the mission select screen. But there are others. For example, if the game crashes you'll be back at Android "desktop". If you need to refresh lapis you'll have the lapis purchase screen up. If your items fill up you might end up on the items screen. If you don't have a full friends list, you might get a request at the end of combat to accept or decline a friend request.

So now imagine, for each of those scenarios (and I may have even missed some), where you need to click to do the next action. On the combat screen you need to click your attacking unit. On the lapis refresh screen you need to click "Yes". On the mission select screen you need to choose Earth Shrine - Entrance. etc etc.

Imagine you have a sheet of paper that is the size of your game window, and for each of these scenarios, you draw the region you need to click. For the combat screen you would draw 2 rectangles, for example. One for each of 2 characters. For the lapis refresh screen, you would draw a rectangle only for the yes button. For the manage party screen you want to click the depart button. All of this is on one sheet of paper so the rectangles are overlapping.

Now imagine each of those screens and look at all the places that you must not click. On the manage party screen, for example, you can't click on any of your party members. You can't click on your esper's square or your friend's square. Doing any of those would break the macro because it would take you to a screen that the macro doesn't know about. On the combat screen you don't want it clicking the menu or options button. You don't want it single targeting enemies. Etc.

So for each of those places where you must never click, erase that entire region from your piece of paper.

What you're left with represents all the places where clicks need to happen. But to make the macro fast, you want as few clicks as possible. If two regions overlap (for example choosing the mission from the mission select screen and clicking Yes on the refill lapis window), you can do it with 1 click. So from here, you just have to look at what's left and find the minimum number of clicks and location of said clicks to cover all regions.

After that, you make the macro run through these clicks in a blazing fast loop.

What you're left with is a macro that is resumable (i.e. you can stop it anywhere and resume it anywhere), and will go as fast as your machine goes. If it crashes during combat, it will start up the app again (because one of the clicks it cycles through is right on top of the app's icon on the desktop) and put you back into the middle of the battle you crashed in. And it never clicks on anything that breaks the macro.

Your not using iPhone I guess.
I'm stuck with the horrible switch control for my TM farming and I need to be there to touch the display from time
To time :-(

Because "future-proofing", likely.

It's the bane and curse of the Global server versus the Japanese server, being 7+ months ahead of Global. As it is known that a tricked out 6* Tillith will be the top-of-the-top healer at this point in JP in the future, not rolling her means that your team/account is suddenly a failure (somehow).

It's a really poor position to hold, but I understand why people strive for this. Still, FFBE via TMs is incredibly generous in allowing most units to make up for their deficiencies towards their future replacement unit upgrades.

Aren't they pretty even as 6* though? Also she will be back to summon almost assuredly later so I don't know why you would quit the game over it if you didn't get her this time since she can't even get her 6* form yet anyway....../shrug

CCIE

Banned
Lyrian - I truly hate that. Somehow my account is a "failure" because my only base 5-star unit is Lightning, and I don't have Tilith, Luneth, Elza, Gilgamesh, or any number of assorted awesome units..

Hell, I still haven't even drawn Zidane, and somehow no Rydia. I just play with the units I want to, and count on people on this board like Valentus and Zera to get me through some of the harder trials and such. I'm done trying to keep up with the whales... hell, even the dolphins at this point.

I'm concentrating on TM's to help me fill the gap so to speak. I'm just sad because Chilly was one of the posters that talked me out of quitting over not getting WoL.

Kouriozan

My account is a failure too, only have Donkey Kong Cecil and Lightning, without Gilgamesh I'm doomed, doomed I say!

Nah, it'll be fine, base 5* are not going to be necessary for a long time in Global (dunno about JP) but helps a lot.

Syntsui

You guys are all fine honestly. Just be patient, the 5* base will come when you least expect. Having one Lightning/DKC right now makes you far ahead of the majority of players.

Even if you don't complete ever single event released in the future, just remember that you are not even supposed to. Content is being balanced for big spenders, if you are not one and you are being able to do it, you are the real winner here.

Pejo

Almost have 5* Greg to level 80, 6* coming soon!

I'm not really excited about the XIII event. It's just like the BF event was for me, in that I have no units to earn the bonus, but this time I don't even want any of them. I just hope it's got gigantaurs.

After I finish leveling Exdeath/Bartz/Greg, I'm going to devote my lapis to farming up some TMs. Even after all this time, I only have a handful, and I feel it's really putting me behind the meta. I need some of the stronger weapons like Deathbring/Excal/Sakura to pump out some big time damage.

Have most of you guys beaten the new trial yet? I only tried it once, don't really want to drop another 30 NRG on it again until I have a more solid gameplan. Might even wait for a 6* full break unit.

Kouriozan

Just like Record Keeper, here in Global we can plan our summon because we already know what'll be the next big thing, the Japanese players don't have this luxury and sometime get a big banner without any tickets nor lapis left.

It's truly a blessing and a curse for us.

Almost have 5* Greg to level 80, 6* coming soon!

I'm not really excited about the XIII event. It's just like the BF event was for me, in that I have no units to earn the bonus, but this time I don't even want any of them. I just hope it's got gigantaurs.

After I finish leveling Exdeath/Bartz/Greg, I'm going to devote my lapis to farming up some TMs. Even after all this time, I only have a handful, and I feel it's really putting me behind the meta. I need some of the stronger weapons like Deathbring/Excal/Sakura to pump out some big time damage.

Have most of you guys beaten the new trial yet? I only tried it once, don't really want to drop another 30 NRG on it again until I have a more solid gameplan. Might even wait for a 6* full break unit.

Yeah, trial took me one try but I did wait a few days to do it. I am atm caught up with everything all trials/event/story complete. Literally nothing for me to do except Arena and TM Farm unless I wanna try to get some trophies I don't have. (Hint: I don't) :p

CCIE

Banned
I'm going to catch up on the story the rest of the week, though I'm almost to the water temple and the ATK+10%. However, I have to rank up first so I don't waste any energy and that will happen later today. Not planning on doing the trial until I finish my current round of TM's. I need more "oomph" before facing the plant.

You guys are all fine honestly. Just be patient, the 5* base will come when you least expect. Having one Lightning/DKC right now makes you far ahead of the majority of players.

Even if you don't complete ever single event released in the future, just remember that you are not even supposed to. Content is being balanced for big spenders, if you are not one and you are being able to do it, you are the real winner here.

This is a great perspective to have, and it can be difficult to remember at times. I still haven't pulled a base 5*, and it's frustrating sometimes that the only reason I beat some of the challenges is because of the crazy "uber" units that we share here on GAF. I almost feel guilty at the fact that so many of you have carried me but I very much doubt I've done the same for anyone else.

That being said, I feel like I have a great squad. Maybe not whale level amazing, but still pretty darn good. I have four, totally maxed 6* units (CoD, Refia, Exdeath, and Cecil) and my 5th unit (Agrias) has a 6* coming down the pike. Not to mention that I have Tilith and Firion on the bench. I mean... there's very little to complain about there.

When I get the desire to do a big pull or throw some money at the game, I remind myself that it probably wouldn't improve my position all THAT much pulling one of the whale units, especially since I don't have any TMs yet.

Alkez

Hi everyone! I'm slightly new to the game and have rerolled after playing for a few weeks. I realized I needed to reroll after noticing my roster was just full of mages and i pulled 4 exdeaths during the current event.. yea.. I finally settled after getting lightning and CoD. (yaaaaas!) Would anyone be willing to open a slot for me to help me out with events please? this is my friend ID: 213,824,819. please post your ID if you want and i'll add you. I barely managed to do The Big Bridge Adv thanks to my brother's arc. Any help would be very much appreciated!

Welcome friend. I opened up 5 more slots and sent you a request.

I will open up a couple of more slots when my current TM macro runs through my lapis and I have to switch devices to refill. Probably be in about 20-30 min.

I don't think I have you on my friends list. I sent you a request if you have any more slots available.

If you happen to free up another slot, I'd love an add: 715,699,683.

I don't think I have you either crazyivan. Any slots available?

Anyone else who doesn't have me send me a request please. 632,536,652.

Reddit is showing the Trochiod Gear prices of everything.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExv..._news_recap_ff_xiii_banner_event_more_112916/

Metal Gigantuar x100 - 100 (10k)
Sacred Crystal x10 - 100 (1k)
Fairies Writ x20 - 160 (3.2k)
Calamity Gem x20 - 160 (3.2k)
Prismatic Horn x20 - 160 (3.2k)
Calamity Writ x20 - 160 (3.2k)
Divine Crystal x20 - 160 (3.2k)
Trust Moogle #1 - 30k (30k)
Trust Moogle #2 - 70k (70k)
Mini Burst Pot x30 - 1.5k (45k)

To get all of the above is 172k.

The abilities are still unknown, but I think only Thunderfall will be high priority. I'd wager it costs about 30k. So total we're going to need about 200k gears for this event.

I don't know what the payout is going to be like, but it will hard to bring in a stacked party of bonus characters because that may make it too hard to clear the event since you don't really want to waste materials levelling up 5 Snows and Vanilles to maximum.

H3xum

Reddit is showing the Trochiod Gear prices of everything.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExv..._news_recap_ff_xiii_banner_event_more_112916/

Metal Gigantuar x100 - 100 (10k)
Sacred Crystal x10 - 100 (1k)
Fairies Writ x20 - 160 (3.2k)
Calamity Gem x20 - 160 (3.2k)
Prismatic Horn x20 - 160 (3.2k)
Calamity Writ x20 - 160 (3.2k)
Divine Crystal x20 - 160 (3.2k)
Trust Moogle #1 - 30k (30k)
Trust Moogle #2 - 70k (70k)
Mini Burst Pot x30 - 1.5k (45k)

That unfortunately is just a template they use every event. Not the real confirmed thing

Lyrian

Aren't they pretty even as 6* though? Also she will be back to summon almost assuredly later so I don't know why you would quit the game over it if you didn't get her this time since she can't even get her 6* form yet anyway....../shrug

The largest difference is that Tillith has her elemental resistance buff that Refia lacks. The rest can be within reason compensated for with TMs. Still, there are other units out there (like CoD) that can just as well compensate for this.

And yes, it is well known that Tillith will show up at a minimum on the 2nd BF banner, if not more often, so yeah...

Lyrian - I truly hate that. Somehow my account is a "failure" because my only base 5-star unit is Lightning, and I don't have Tilith, Luneth, Elza, Gilgamesh, or any number of assorted awesome units..

Hell, I still haven't even drawn Zidane, and somehow no Rydia. I just play with the units I want to, and count on people on this board like Valentus and Zera to get me through some of the harder trials and such. I'm done trying to keep up with the whales... hell, even the dolphins at this point.

I'm concentrating on TM's to help me fill the gap so to speak. I'm just sad because Chilly was one of the posters that talked me out of quitting over not getting WoL.

And my account is just as much a "failure" under that logic. No Lightning, no Zidanes either. No Chiz either, so no Blade Mastery. Hell, I've spent months building up my Rydia and all the effort I've poured into her is almost worthless because I can't pull a Garnet. Until then, that's months of "wasted" (because the fruits of the endeavor remain unrealized) effort. Does that make my account a "failure" as well?

Don't think for a moment that I'm not **slightly** jealous of your soon-to-be-700 ATK Lightning. All of my attackers are stuck in the low-to-mid 400s and it's going to be a very long time before I even remotely begin to catch up because I am missing too many key TM units. Via that logic, my account is more of a potential "failure" than yours.

Nope, I don't think my account is a "failure" because it is behind in progress compared to the dolphins/whales, and you shouldn't doubt your account either.

We all rely on the entire GAF's community of strong friends units. I do. We all do. That's why they are here. There is absolutely no shame to be had in this. They want us to use their friend units. That's what GAF does, makes us stronger, and compensates for the deficiencies and flaws in all of our accounts.

Bolded part -- This is what disappoints me the most. Not at you, but at Chilly. Chilly was a strong voice of reason in this community underneath his role-playing persona. The fact that he allowed himself to fall prey to ragequitting over pulls after saving you from this fallacy really pisses me off. I still miss him though and believe he will be back.

As friend told me once, "I'm boldly going forward, because I can't find reverse". No matter what happens in-game and RL, always be looking forward to improving the future and not be dwelling on perceived "failures" of the past. Otherwise, that brooding will consume that person, just like it did Chilly :/

CCIE

Banned
Lyrian - you are the mad scientist that makes me WANT to pull a Rydia. And yes, I look forward to my new Lightning upgrade, but I also like her as a unit. I actually don't use some of my units because I'm just not a fan.

Like Gilgamesh - he's powerful, but I don't care if I pull him because he looks a lot like a spear-wielding monkey, so I'm not actively trying to do so. CoD is awesome, but I don't like her sprite so don't use her even though I maxed her for the Maxwell trial.

I didn't care about Lilith, or Elza for the same reason. Nobody here is a "failure". We are just all failures to Reddit users who see no value in these units. Hell, I love using Rosa for Explorations because her LB replenishes magic. But she's a crappy unit according to Reddit.

Zalasta

Anyone else here hasn't completed ELT Gilgamesh yet? I tried it for the first time yesterday, went ok for the first 50%, but when Lenna got one-shot I couldn't recover since she was the only one with curaja in my party. Got it down to ~20% before wiping.

Shouta

Events are tuned for folks that spend a lot of time and/or smart about their time like good prioritizing. Whales can brute force it though.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
When you're feeling down about yourself, remember I believe in you. I have faith in you to achieve.

Remember you're all Dumpster tier to me <3

abandoned-dog-was-left-to-die-in-dumpster__oPt.jpg

Same with your waifus!

Kouriozan

Thorinbei

Neo Member
Thanks a lot guys! with all this help I have no doubt I'll be able to rank up and progress pretty quickly. I really appreciate the help :)
happytears.gif

How could this be? Different kit depending on JP or global? That or we are either in for a REAL treat or JP is going to have another unit to add to the dumpster

They'll just rebalance Global events around having Noctis available, or have him not awakeable to 6* in global until later, or have some enhancements only in JP but not global.

Iceman829

Thanks for the Luneth Hippo. Using him made the trial easy enough for my squad. It helps when you don't have to worry about status effects for 1 teammate. I just worked each part down chaining DKC, CoD and Luneth attacks. I was able to get the esper clear as well by just summoning as it was about to die during a chain. I tossed the mace on my CoD along with the golem staff for extra arena shenanigans. I feel like a jerk that I can't share my fully equipped unit, but I leave my team equipped for the arena so I don't forget to change gear when I log in to do battles. I wish there was a way to set your arena / colosseum team with equipment that was separate from the other activities.

Now I can't decide if I should get back to TM grinding on my phone or level Exdeath up. Does anyone know if a mage would be extra useful during the new event?

Kouriozan

How could this be? Different kit depending on JP or global? That or we are either in for a REAL treat or JP is going to have another unit to add to the dumpster
In December we will be really close to get Orlandeau, I think it'll be fine.
Plus he'll surely get enhancement in the Japanese version and Global will have to wait 6 months.

Hey make it easy to get Noctis, it's not everyday a mainline FF comes out, do the right thing.... he's gonna be a base 5 star..............

Valentus

I dont see the problem really

We already have 6 star units in global in big enough numbers

Orlandu CRUSHES Lightning,Luneth,Ramza and Delita all together, and he even have enhaces yet.

And its supposed that Noctis could be a unit on par with Tidus and Eileen.

If this shit has 6star awakening now, it will break global, ill told you.

Edit: And i mean it will break the game because the new content will have adjusted difficulty to Noctis, so everyone who dont draw one, or dont have a noctis friend, will be very happy about that :D

Edit2: Lyrian ;_; beautiful words. ExviusGAF is the best GAF

Thanks for the Luneth Hippo. Using him made the trial easy enough for my squad. It helps when you don't have to worry about status effects for 1 teammate. I just worked each part down chaining DKC, CoD and Luneth attacks. I was able to get the esper clear as well by just summoning as it was about to die during a chain. I tossed the mace on my CoD along with the golem staff for extra arena shenanigans. I feel like a jerk that I can't share my fully equipped unit, but I leave my team equipped for the arena so I don't forget to change gear when I log in to do battles. I wish there was a way to set your arena / colosseum team with equipment that was separate from the other activities.

Now I can't decide if I should get back to TM grinding on my phone or level Exdeath up. Does anyone know if a mage would be extra useful during the new event?

You're welcome and grats! Glad my duder could help someone!

Lyrian

Lyrian - you are the mad scientist that makes me WANT to pull a Rydia. And yes, I look forward to my new Lightning upgrade, but I also like her as a unit. I actually don't use some of my units because I'm just not a fan.

Like Gilgamesh - he's powerful, but I don't care if I pull him because he looks a lot like a spear-wielding monkey, so I'm not actively trying to do so. CoD is awesome, but I don't like her sprite so don't use her even though I maxed her for the Maxwell trial.

I didn't care about Lilith, or Elza for the same reason. Nobody here is a "failure". We are just all failures to Reddit users who see no value in these units. Hell, I love using Rosa for Explorations because her LB replenishes magic. But she's a crappy unit according to Reddit.

Completely agree. I will always try to use the units I like/enjoy over one I need to use, whenever possible. TMs help make this logic viable. That's a key reason why I try to shoehorn Rydia into as much content as realistically possible (let's be honest, taking her into ELT content is asking for a wipe). And yes, Gilgamesh is an UGLY looking sprite. Still despise him using Divider in the Arena though.

Rosa is practically guaranteed a 6* upgrade at some point in the future. She is also fairly high on my to-do list of upgrading units (I wish bows were more powerful; it's not fair that they are so badly outclassed compared to doublehand/dual wield). The longer the wait for her upgrade, the more powerful it will be because of power creep.

Did you guys saw that Noctis is going to be released in both JP and Global at almost the same time, in December.
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExv...e_is_the_gameplay_footage_of_noctis_in_brave/

That is one 5* base I would not mind RNGesus blessing me with...

The 64 million gil question is whether Noctis will be a GL 5/ JP 6 unit or a GL 6 / JP 7 unit.

So what does everyone think the over/under on the second possibility occurring is?

I've already maxed out my luck... there's really no way I'm ever going to pull Orlandu. At least I don't have a PS4, so there's limited interest in Noctis.

I kinda want to play through FF15 though. Like a lot. After I tackle the new Pokémons.

CCIE

Banned
He very well could be the first seven star unit. I thought it was going to be the FFVII group, but they got delayed, probably for FFXV

Kouriozan

The 64 million gil question is whether Noctis will be a GL 5/ JP 6 unit or a GL 6 / JP 7 unit.

So what does everyone think the over/under on the second possibility occurring is?

Good question, Gumi/Alim said they wanted 7* units for their first anniversary (and that was delayed), Noctis could very well be the first one, with a following FF VII event for Q1 2017.

H3xum

Here's to hoping we are kept at 5* with Noctis while JP gets 6. Gumi and their rebalancing is BRUTAL. It would break the game for 95% of people

I think I'll have to wait until ExDeath is maxed before taking on the plant trial. Kefka just gets wiped every turn so Refia basically spends one cast doing full life and then Curaga.

Lyrian

And its supposed that Noctis could be a unit on par with Tidus and Eileen.

If this shit has 6star awakening now, it will break global, ill told you.

Edit: And i mean it will break the game because the new content will have adjusted difficulty to Noctis, so everyone who dont draw one, or dont have a noctis friend, will be very happy about that :D

Edit2: Lyrian ;_; beautiful words. ExviusGAF is the best GAF

It's definitely going to be a Maxwell situation, But, will Noctis be attractive locked to a 5* form in Global? 5*s are very weak compared to their 6* counterparts. On the other hand, if a full 6* form happens at JP power levels, I agree that will obliterate everything on Global.by far.

Thank you for the kind words. That quote is very personal to me and for many years, I didn't understand what it truly meant. I wish I understood years ago, where I could have lived a very different life that the one I am living in now. That's in the past though, boldly moving forward!

Shouta

I wonder if they'll just give everyone Noctis or if he'll be a special event where you get him as a reward. It'd be kinda meh to put him in a gatcha.

Alkez

Crazyivan - Thanks dude for the add dude.

Lyrian - I am completely with you on the bows thing. I don't get why they don't work with doublehanded.

In regards to 7* yeah it's possible with Noctis. It seems like it's going to happen at some point soon considering the latest trial so makes sense to do it with the main character of their new game.

Eidjinn

Best. Banner. Ever.

First day: Bartz (new), 3xExdeath and Gilgamesh.

Fourth (today?) day: Dark Cecil.

All the Cloud of Darkness that I got in place of all other units that everybody have... thanks, RNG!

Anyone have a good Dark Cecil build??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom