• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celegus

Haha, probably. That's standard procedure for me when I quit a gatcha game for good.

I just hope it isn't "for good", when it comes to Chilly. It's so quiet here without him.

(Or maybe it's because of FFXV. Speaking of, my copy arrived earlier today, gonna try to start it tonight, assuming the patches don't take too long to install. :/)

Awesome, have fun! I wasn't sure what other game to ask for for Christmas, so I'm probably getting XV from my wife. I'll be a month behind, but it's already been this long, what's another month!

chrono01

Awesome, have fun! I wasn't sure what other game to ask for for Christmas, so I'm probably getting XV from my wife. I'll be a month behind, but it's already been this long, what's another month!
Yeah, for sure. Another month can't hurt!

Just be careful of spoilers, the Internet is already a dangerous place. :(

I thought it would be cute to see how expensive rank farming with lapis refills is. The best rank exp / energy is Wicked Peaks - Alluring Winds. So I whipped up a crude spreadsheet. Here is the # of lapis refills needed to powerlevel from one rank to the next spamming lapis refills. The number in the # Refills column represents the number of refills needed to advance from the rank on the current row to the next rank. Note that it DOES take into consideration overflow exp (i.e. you rank up and now you are not at 0/X for the next level, but have some small overflow exp). It also takes into account that you get a free refill when you rank up.

You can use this to figure out the # of refills needed to get multiple ranks by summing. For example, to get from rank 40 to rank 100 you need 290 refills, or 29k lapis.

Code:
Rank	# Refills
14	0
15	0
16	0
17	1
18	1
19	1
20	1
21	1
22	2
23	2
24	2
25	2
26	2
27	2
28	3
29	3
30	3
31	3
32	3
33	3
34	3
35	3
36	4
37	4
38	4
39	4
40	4
41	4
42	4
43	5
44	5
45	5
46	5
47	5
48	5
49	5
50	5
51	5
52	5
53	5
54	5
55	5
56	5
57	5
58	4
59	4
60	4
61	4
62	4
63	4
64	4
65	5
66	5
67	5
68	5
69	5
70	5
71	5
72	5
73	5
74	5
75	5
76	5
77	5
78	5
79	5
80	5
81	5
82	5
83	5
84	5
85	5
86	5
87	5
88	5
89	5
90	5
91	5
92	5
93	5
94	5
95	5
96	5
97	5
98	5
99	5
100	5
101	6
102	6
103	6
104	6
105	6
106	6
107	7
108	7
109	7
110	7
111	7
112	7
113	7
114	7
115	7
116	7
117	7
118	7
119	7
120	7
121	7
122	8
123	8
124	8
125	9
126	9
127	10
128	10
129	10
130	11
131	11
132	12
133	12
134	12
135	13
136	13
137	14
138	15
139	15
140	16
141	16
142	16
143	16
144	16
145	16
146	16
147	16
148	16
149	16
150	16

Ill just be grindin away tms for the time being ;p

Come friday ill like be farming the event like crazy... At least assuming i do the math and it makes sense to do so.

Hope i pull a few bonus units from dailies

Xion86

Decided to try the MEmu TM macro from Reddit once more before bed and nope, after a few runs it selected a characters equipment instead. Either running into freezes or clicking somewhere I don't want it to. Just having no luck. I've set the correct resolution for MEmu as mentioned on the page too. Think I'll leave it. Gone back to the simple Auto kill Earth Shrine macro I recorded. It goes on until I wake up and only set a 20 second delay in between each loop. There is sometimes a crash around the morning time but can't have been that long before I wake up as my NRG bar is never full.

Oh and sorry Hippo, I'll have to add you another time..got busy with FFXV :p you are full now.

PantherLotus, it seems like you are...Exalirich....:D........

Celegus

Ill just be grindin away tms for the time being ;p

Come friday ill like be farming the event like crazy... At least assuming i do the math and it makes sense to do so.

Hope i pull a few bonus units from dailies

At least they're not all base 4 like the last one, team full of sazh incoming!

Decided to try the MEmu TM macro from Reddit once more before bed and nope, after a few runs it selected a characters equipment instead. Either running into freezes or clicking somewhere I don't want it to. Just having no luck. I've set the correct resolution for MEmu as mentioned on the page too. Think I'll leave it. Gone back to the simple Auto kill Earth Shrine macro I recorded. It goes on until I wake up and only set a 20 second delay in between each loop. There is sometimes a crash around the morning time but can't have been that long before I wake up as my NRG bar is never full.

Oh and sorry Hippo, I'll have to add you another time..got busy with FFXV :p you are full now.

PantherLotus, it seems like you are...Exalirich....:D........

Just post your number and I will add you pretty sure I accidentally got someone not on Gaf anyway.

If it's clicking on the wrong place there's gotta be something wrong with your setup, because that doesn't make any sense. Do you have plenty of empty material slots? Do you have companions enabled?

Also you should post a troubleshooting message in the thread, the author of the macro is pretty responsive and if it's a bug in his macro, he will fix it.

Lyrian

Question: is the chance of inflicting a status ailment done per hit or per move?

Per move. If your unit has dual wield, than it makes two rolls per attacked unit per round.

The worst is a dual Lightning/Luneth or one each with 6* ExDeath and Cecil. They can pretty much destroy you on the first turn. Some of these guys even have CoD with the staff that petrifies, which makes it impossible to win when half your team gets petrified in the first round.

Nightmare teams I've seen today:

CoD x 2 + ExDeath x 3

CoD + ExDeath + Luneth + Lightning + Gilgamesh (Sooo... which way do you want to die, lol?)

Blazed

Hey guys. I cleared up some of my friend list because I'd like more gaf people in them. My pimped out Gilgamesh is at your service. 020180865.
Try to put neogaf or gaf in your description to make it easier for me :p.

If noctis does come out mid December, I'm gonna be broke :(

I added as well some of you who posted your IDs. My ign is blazed :)

Valentus

Per move. If your unit has dual wield, than it makes two rolls per attacked unit per round.

Nightmare teams I've seen today:

CoD x 2 + ExDeath x 3

CoD + ExDeath + Luneth + Lightning + Gilgamesh (Sooo... which way do you want to die, lol?)

the only team i found really annonying are 5 lightnings... because i miss the bitches so much... i hate lightning's evade.

Lyrian

the only team i found really annonying are 5 lightnings... because i miss the bitches so much... i hate lightning's evade.

Ultima and Meteor works wonders on her, though I am sure you well know that already.

But yeah, I **hate** how much she dodges physical attacks. Especially when I keep trying to tell her to take a nap and she stubbornly refuses.

H3xum

Hey guys. I cleared up some of my friend list because I'd like more gaf people in them. My pimped out Gilgamesh is at your service. 020180865.

You are a giant, thanks for the add!

Gilgamesh get. It's all coming together! Just missing the final piece! Orlandusan!!!!!!

Congrats! Does that give you all 5 bases?

Whales

Banned

sent you a request!

cant wait until my gilgamesh reaches your level..

You are a giant, thanks for the add!

Congrats! Does that give you all 5 bases?

Grats to all the GAF'ers pulling Gilgamesh this week!

Wow, congrats Zera! That's awesome :D

Thanks all, I hope more gaffers can pull him for all that he has to offer.

The 5* base units I have are Lightning, Elza, Gilga, 2 DKC, 2 Demon Rain, 2 Ramza. Phone is TM'ing so can't check if there's more but I don't believe there are. I started this game with a plan and it's cost me but it's almost done, one more unit and I'm done pulling for units for a very long time. Gilga will be replacing DKC and then he will be replaced by Orlandu.

Valentus

Thanks all, I hope more gaffers can pull him for all that he has to offer.

The 5* base units I have are Lightning, Elza, Gilga, 2 DKC, 2 Demon Rain, 2 Ramza. Phone is TM'ing so can't check if there's more but I don't believe there are. I started this game with a plan and it's cost me but it's almost done, one more unit and I'm done pulling for units for a very long time. Gilga will be replacing DKC and then he will be replaced by Orlandu.

very good man. For me is Orlandu and Eileen and im done pulling until dark veritas.

Blazed

I believe I accepted all of you.

Just to make sure though , beeps if you're a gaffer give me a heads up here, or if you're a lurker resend the request with gaf in the message, and I'll accept. Only got a couple of spaces left and don't wanna waste them.

Not sure what to do with the 3 extra Exdeaths I have pulled during this banner. I could try to level them and make a dual cast Meteor Arena team but that would require me giving up all my 6* material.

Valentus

Wouldn't mind being your friend in game. ign is Phosphor and ID is 275,513,710.

added both of you

keiichi

Added some slots for Gaffers

077 602 847

Thanks for accepting my add :)

I have a few more spots if anyone wants a noob Elza/Cecil 866 676 349

So here's a question.

I have Agrias right now in my lineup for her full break. Her attack and defense are decent, but nothing amazing.

Does it make more sense to replace her with Bartz? His attack and defense far exceeds her already because of the 6*, and he's only at level 85. I know I would sacrifice full break, but would the increase in attack in the overall picture make up for that? At least until she gets her 6* upgrade? Or does full break outweigh the loss in attack?

I feel like FB is becoming slowly useless as the major bosses get more and more resistant to it.

My other units I generally roll with are Cecil, CoD, Refia, and Exdeath.

NomarTyme

So here's a question.

I have Agrias right now in my lineup for her full break. Her attack and defense are decent, but nothing amazing.

Does it make more sense to replace her with Bartz? His attack and defense far exceeds her already because of the 6*, and he's only at level 85. I know I would sacrifice full break, but would the increase in attack in the overall picture make up for that? At least until she gets her 6* upgrade? Or does full break outweigh the loss in attack?

I feel like FB is becoming slowly useless as the major bosses get more and more resistant to it.

You probably still need a full breaker, but yeah I would definitely ditch Agrias for Bartz.

Well I went to add you and you're full. Oh well I have another slot open lol. 716.468.148

Blazed

So here's a question.

As you already said, if FB is fully resistant then the answer will be obvious.

Otherwise, assuming that your exdeath is really well geared and doesn't need element chains to be a monster, CoD will be interchangeable for me. In a fight where it's not a human and you need more dmg, bartz. In a fight where the boss is wrecking u with spells and dmg to the point where it wipes you, CoD.

Of course I am assuming as well that the difference between your cod and bartz attack is not that huge. Otherwise , I'll rethink exdeath again.

You probably still need a full breaker, but yeah I would definitely ditch Agrias for Bartz.

I think I might give it a whirl. Having two relatively powerful barrage units sounds awfully nice.

As you already said, if FB is fully resistant then the answer will be obvious.

Otherwise, assuming that your exdeath is really well geared and doesn't need element chains to be a monster, CoD will be interchangeable for me. In a fight where it's not a human and you need more dmg, bartz. In a fight where the boss is wrecking u with spells and dmg to the point where it wipes you, CoD.

Of course I am assuming as well that the difference between your cod and bartz attack is not that huge. Otherwise , I'll rethink exdeath again.

I hadn't thought of that tactic. Interesting. I don't have any TMs, but my Exdeath is decent (491 magic), and has been a wrecking ball for me so far. I'm just thinking that having both CoD and Bartz barrage on the same turn (especially after an embolden) would be more effective than the gain from FB, but I might be totally off base.

Celegus

Accepted :)

My friend list is full, if I still didn't manage to add someone though, post your ID here and tell me, and I'll clear a space. Anything for gaf :)

Dang, full up. Mine's 613 905 040 if you get a spot, sharing my dual rising sun wielding CoD.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Couple slots for GAF folks only -- make sure it says GAF in your message please -- 120 759 149

I rotate maxed CoD, Cecil, Refia, and soon ExDeath.

vv I got you fam vv

Blazed

I hadn't thought of that tactic. Interesting. I don't have any TMs, but my Exdeath is decent (491 magic), and has been a wrecking ball for me so far. I'm just thinking that having both CoD and Bartz barrage on the same turn (especially after an embolden) would be more effective than the gain from FB, but I might be totally off base.

You might be right when it comes to more damage, especially if one or both have dw. Considering the bosses we dealt with though and how hard they hit, you need to remember that reducing their atk and mag by 20 percent can be a lifesaver. That's how I won against Maxwell, with cods elemental resistance along with full break.

On the other hand Gilgamesh isn't someone you would take a full breaker to because he would remove all debuffs on himself every time( except if maybe him using the self esuna will make him hit you one time less, then maybe it's viable). The only worthwhile breaker would be elza in this case with her ravaging blow, since she literally doubles your dmg for your turn.

In summary though, any boss that can be full broken should mean a necessary spot for agrias even if two barrage users might do more dmg, simply because it might save you from wiping. At least that's what I would go with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom