• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

H3xum

Well I have only played for a couple of hours it's probably the open worldness of it that I am not a fan of that shit bores me pretty quickly except Witcher 3...that did not bore me ever.

Ruh roh. They did get a ton of complaints about how linear FF XIII was, so they probably jumped the shark a bit trying to over compensate

chrono01

I agree the crystal change may never come, but I have a feeling it will. When there are enough units available, I can see them implementing it. Getting troll crystals makes the game straight up frustrating. Maybe down the line I will do an 11 pull. In fact may do it for a banner with multiple four star units, but doing one for a five-star usually ends up disappointing. Might do so on the Hope/Lightning banner though, or Mercedes and Majin Fina

That might be a good one to do so
I don't even bother to look at the crystals anymore, I just tap. Less disappointment that way, since I never get the hope of getting anything good out of a gold/rainbow crystal, even if they do appear. When the crystal change is implemented, it'll be different, but until then, I close my eyes and tap.

NO FFXV SPOILERS PLEASE

fuckers, all with your getting to play shit when you want shit
Starting the game today. :)

NO SPOILERS!

Valentus

So Arena monthly end tonight. How are you doin?

Im sitting in rank 1000-1500... it helped so much that first week i ended in rank 250. This 2 weeks i can take it very soft and still manage to get those 2 trust moogles.

Lyrian

Im sitting in rank 1000-1500... it helped so much that first week i ended in rank 250. This 2 weeks i can take it very soft and still manage to get those 2 trust moogles.

Wait.. .wait.... tonight? as In like 1h40m from now?

Damn it, I still can't figure these timing schedules out.

udca

I'm currently 800-900, although I probably did several useless refreshes in the first week. I'm really happy they're adding more and more ways to get trust moogles.

Alkez

I only started playing arena on Friday. I'm just outside of 90k (90,800). I'm waiting until the last 10 minutes, then I'm going to try sneak into the 90k for the 10% moogle.

Veggy

About to start day 3 of manual TM grind, on average the team has gone up 5-7% so far

The struggle continues

Edit eww gonna try and find a better image host

Bah just click this link if interested, for some reason the screenshot came out bigger than Godzilla

http://i.imgur.com/KzBFjGG.png

Acerac

Banned
I was finishing Colosseum the entire month, just got my Blood Sword. That said, I'm still high enough rank to get a single trust moogle.

Nox/memu don't work for some reason, always hard crashes my pc

Some peoplenhave suggested running an older verson of Memu, messing with Nox settings, enabling hardware virtualization in the bios etc as potential fixes

Iv found that depending on your PC hardware stability varies wildly

Veggy

Some peoplenhave suggested running an older verson of Memu, messing with Nox settings, enabling hardware virtualization in the bios etc as potential fixes

Iv found that depending on your PC hardware stability varies wildly

Yeah I've tried some of those with no luck :(

I might try that long ass android macro workaround at some point

All I can say is that being as spoiled as I am now with the super fast TM farming lapis refill macro, if it ever stopped working for me, I would legit format my machine in hopes that that fixed it. If it didn't, I would work furiously night and day to figure it out. I can never go back. :-/

Random suggestions:

1) Disable all antivirus
2) Try to enable hardware virtualization if your machine supports it
3) Don't overclock your machine.
4) Make sure all drivers are up to date.

I am still in the starting area and absolutely loving it.

For a frame of reference, did you also not like FFXII? I feel it compares most to that game, which I also loved.

12 is my favorite actually well probably 2nd to 6. Although it is similar the most to 12 I felt that 12 was far more defined it didn't just throw you immediately into this super open world. Like I said I'm still at the start so I can't really give a true opinion yet but the fact that I turned it off after 2 hours and played CoD instead means maybe my tastes have changed.

c-murph

Yeah I've tried some of those with no luck :(

I might try that long ass android macro workaround at some point

On Android phone FREP is the easiest phone macro that i've been using. It's free on the play store and gets the job done for me. I just have it run the Earth Shine Entrance over and over again. Downside is that you obviously can't use your phone while it's running with the game. I have a Moto 3G and it runs fine on it. I have a Moto Z Play coming in the mail so I might just leave that phone constantly running forever now. Oh, I'll also be able to get back to playing KH Unchained x!

Celegus

~7700... just one moogle for me. Too many crashes, still can't get the 100 streak.

Veggy

On Android phone FREP is the easiest phone macro that i've been using. It's free on the play store and gets the job done for me. I just have it run the Earth Shine Entrance over and over again. Downside is that you obviously can't use your phone while it's running with the game. I have a Moto 3G and it runs fine on it. I have a Moto Z Play coming in the mail so I might just leave that phone constantly running forever now. Oh, I'll also be able to get back to playing KH Unchained x!

Haha FREP was indeed the one I was thinking about! Will try to set it up tomorrow

robotuw

Just got my first Excalibur! That puts Lightning up to 636 atk with full kit. Dualcast should be ready tomorrow and a black cowl will be coming next week.

In arena I've been fairly stable in the top 2000 after finishing week 1 around 4000. In week one I stuck to low point opponents to get the 100 win streak trophy but in weeks 2 and 3 I've been picking the best points to rank ratio without losing any games to stay in the top 2000 for the month without any refreshes outside of rank ups.

Just got my first Excalibur! That puts Lightning up to 636 atk with full kit. Dualcast should be ready tomorrow and a black cowl will be coming next week.

Grats!

Well on my way to my first Gungnir and then its sakuras after that!

Then probably double hand/minerva/excalbur etc....

c-murph

Haha FREP was indeed the one I was thinking about! Will try to set it up tomorrow

It's really not that hard. Down load the app and the computer software. Plug your phone into your computer (might have to enable developer options or something on your phone - not hard at all), run app, run software, should intialize app, disconnect phone, start app, start game, get to Earth shine, hit record, do a basic auto run, hit whatever that button is called on your phone that makes the screen go black and turn off.

From there you go back into the app, set some wait times (before or after the macro), save then go back into the game and play. Run the macro and watch. You might need to rerun and record the level a couple of times to get your times down with whatever characters you are using. It also helps to turn off battle animations and such. Mess around with the app once you get it running and its fairly easy to create a basic-basic macro run. Apparently, there's other options to add and funk around with but I'm good with a single 70sec run on forever repeat.

Oh also, if you're phone isn't rooted you have to connect the phone app to the computer and run the software every time you power off your phone.

I might of missed a step or something but I was just trying to portray that it really isn't that difficult to get it running. You'll see tomorrow when you mess with it.

Alkez

12 is my favorite actually well probably 2nd to 6. Although it is similar the most to 12 I felt that 12 was far more defined it didn't just throw you immediately into this super open world. Like I said I'm still at the start so I can't really give a true opinion yet but the fact that I turned it off after 2 hours and played CoD instead means maybe my tastes have changed.

Out of curiosity (and this has nothing to do with ffbe) are you playing iw or mwr? Or both?

Out of curiosity (and this has nothing to do with ffbe) are you playing iw or mwr? Or both?

MWR...IW at least multiplayer is God awful. Of course MWR isn't as good as I remember probably the fact that my favorite map (Pipeline) isn't there yet and the fact that everyone is just using sniper rifles constantly....annoying.

H3xum

I loved MW. But good god, the remake is just all snipers. Zzzzzzz

MWR...IW at least multiplayer is God awful. Of course MWR isn't as good as I remember probably the fact that my favorite map (Pipeline) isn't there yet and the fact that everyone is just using sniper rifles constantly....annoying.
Beat me by seconds!

Arena reset in twenty. I wonder if I just do a refill right at the beginning to get into the top 3k initially if I can maintain in there just using arena points as they come up for the next month

Veggy

It's really not that hard. Down load the app and the computer software. Plug your phone into your computer (might have to enable developer options or something on your phone - not hard at all), run app, run software, should intialize app, disconnect phone, start app, start game, get to Earth shine, hit record, do a basic auto run, hit whatever that button is called on your phone that makes the screen go black and turn off.

From there you go back into the app, set some wait times (before or after the macro), save then go back into the game and play. Run the macro and watch. You might need to rerun and record the level a couple of times to get your times down with whatever characters you are using. It also helps to turn off battle animations and such. Mess around with the app once you get it running and its fairly easy to create a basic-basic macro run. Apparently, there's other options to add and funk around with but I'm good with a single 70sec run on forever repeat.

Oh also, if you're phone isn't rooted you have to connect the phone app to the computer and run the software every time you power off your phone.

I might of missed a step or something but I was just trying to portray that it really isn't that difficult to get it running. You'll see tomorrow when you mess with it.

Will do this today or tomorrow, my brain cannot handle manual TM farming for much longer

Whales

Banned
I honestly think it's a much better idea to keep lapis for refreshes, slots, and generally here to speed things up. Feels like the most efficient use of lapis for sure

Better than doing 5k pulls... Have you seen how quickly the lapis melts with those? Plus, the rates aren't good enough to justify it. I mean, people having to do 10+ 5k pulls just to get a single rainbow ( and it could end up being a troll) to get a unit they want is too much

Also, on FFXV: Received it today, played around 3h. I like it so far, but I will say that I do get tired of huge open worlds, I pretty much just run from quests to quests. What worried me the most about the game was the gameplay - it felt like a mess in the demos. But in the final game? It's pretty good! Enjoyable so far, and I believe most people say it gets better later on :)

Pejo

Fair opinion! I think a lot of people are also having a bit of open world fatigue. I've avoided the last round of open world games though, so this is good for me.

Going to dig into this lapis refreshing TM macro for the first time tonight. I think I saw the link a few pages ago. I'm hoping I don't get crashing issues, I plan to just leave it on for a few days.

For those of you using it, what are you guys experiencing for TM% per 24hours?

Syntsui

I won't be among the first 3k but no worries. I don't have a team able to maintain that position anyway, these 1.50 are just lottery with so many status effects and Cecil just breaks the game if you can't kill him in 1 turn. Also fuck Elza's lance and Lightning's dodge.

I loved MW. But good god, the remake is just all snipers. Zzzzzzz

Beat me by seconds!

Arena reset in twenty. I wonder if I just do a refill right at the beginning to get into the top 3k initially if I can maintain in there just using arena points as they come up for the next month

The sniper thing is a plague man.....I'm an assault rifle guy so i love picking off shit snipers but I can barely move anywhere half the time lol.

robotuw

So does some poor schmuck ever come along with Equip Harp as their TM? Do any other Equip ___ materia ever appear for that matter? We're missing half the weapons and most of the armor types still.

Lyrian

Ok, think I made it in the bracket, though I had to play from the most undesirable position to be in at the last hour (just barely on the outside looking in).

Had to outwhale the whales, which is something I hate to do because its not a race you want to be in (but very much the race Gumi want you to be in).

Made it, but it cost me 300 lapis to outrace everyone to be at the front of the whaling back when time is called.

Not going to do that next month, that's for sure.

Valentus

i dont give a fuck about ratings (you all know that), but altema giving onion knight a 99, and seeing for the first time Orlandu Dethroned for a character Square Enix ditched for fucking luneth is hilarious xD

Alkez

It's weird, cod4 is one of my all time favourite games but I haven't really been able to get into mwr as of yet. I feel like the hit detection is slightly off, or maybe I just remember the game more favourably then it was lol.

Alkez

Well, I was battling it out until the last minute (literally finished connecting at 11:59 GMT). Had to do one refresh. Not sure if I made it into the 90k. Considering I started 5 days ago it was a good effort and I hope the lapis didn't go to waste. Annoying that you can't see where you ended yet.

Valentus

And another thing for ff13 event.

Unless im mistaken, the 56 ATK 44 DEF knuckle IS NOT EXCLUSIVE FOR SNOW, so Warrior of Light can equip it, making it the best weapon for WoL and increasing his tankiness even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom