• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celegus

Meh, pots are pretty much aplenty if you Arena a lot.

Yeah I use tons of them, just wish there was an easier way to know how many each character can use.

The only I haven't used are my big HP pots, not exactly sure who would benefit the most from them.

Lyrian

Yeah I use tons of them, just wish there was an easier way to know how many each character can use.

Future UI update addresses this. Somewhere way back in the bowels of this thread, there was a pic of the future UI update from someone on the JP server.

Hopefully with the December story update?

Muku

Chilly stopped playing 2 weeks ago and he's still the top poster of this thread.

ZJyHhJc.png

Aww snap how the hell i make it. LOL. I didn't know i posted that much here >_>

Also this is why Chilly needs to come back. So he can take his title again when new thread starts

EDarkness

The only I haven't used are my big HP pots, not exactly sure who would benefit the most from them.

I've been wondering how can I view how many points my character is at?

Lyrian

I've been wondering how can I view how many points my character is at?

Kinda rough. Have to unequip everything off your character, look at the pluses that remain and do some math to figure it out. The future UI update removes the need to math out how many pot points are invested on a unit.

For the steal trophy, does it count if the steal fails or the enemy does not have an item?

Nope, has to be a successful steal to count.

Was able to beat Antenolla and get the Thorned Mace. It took a while but it wasn't that bad til I got to the flower, Thought I wasn't going to make it cause I got it down to orange red health and it went berserk killing my people on by one. Made it out with Cecil and friend Luneth

Nirran

Managed to finally down ELT Bridge thanks to Val's CoD help the other day. Rough fight for me without Cecil (why do you not appear for meee) and no TM's so finally downloaded Nox and started farming for my first set. Looking forward to a new event to poke at tomorrow too. Hopefully I can pull Snow Friday since I have no good tank.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Old school RPG strat says to max out whatever your specialized character is already good at. So use DEF and HP pots for Cecil, for example. Make him more and more untouchable.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Old school RPG strat says to max out whatever your specialized character is already good at. So use DEF and HP pots for Cecil, for example. Make him more and more untouchable.

Not true

Almost all gear you'll equip will be DEF + HP. He's a tank. What he lacks is SPR, which is used for Magic defense.

While for example your healer will have an overabundance of it and it's effects on +healing are limited. It would be better to give SPR to Cecil and your DEF and HP Pots to your healer. To help counter their weaknesses. What typically will kill your healer will be a melee blow. You need to increase there chance to survive that foremost.

The same is true for MP pots. You would think your healer, but really they'll typically have the highest MP by several hundred. It would be better to give them to your ATK or Support characters, due to the high damage spells requiring large amounts of MP(Far more than any healing spell) and limited MP pools. Luneth goes from 3.4x being able to use his 45MP move to 4.9x being able to use it. This also effects auto refresh, 5% of 155(7.75) vs 220(11) MP returned each round before equipment, buffs, and Espers.

The only two that should go to the typical units would be ATK and MAG pots, since they'll see the greatest gain from them.

hitmon

What do you think the chances of us being able to pull Elza again? I have a little over 20k Karma left over and I'm not sure what to use it on. I pretty much got most of the essentials (6* material, weapons, Trust moogle, authority materias, and HP 15%).

Shouta

Welp, move over Orlandu and Dark Veritas, there's a new sheriff in town. Onion Knight is now your lord and savior.

Shouta

Well, FF3 was very popular in Japan, as I recall. It was the first one to provide the general template that we know current FF games run on.

Lyrian

What do you think the chances of us being able to pull Elza again? I have a little over 20k Karma left over and I'm not sure what to use it on. I pretty much got most of the essentials (6* material, weapons, Trust moogle, authority materias, and HP 15%).

Near 100%. The BF banner will come by again for Tillith's 6* upgrade. It's practically a guarantee she will be on the banner, as she is tied to that collab.

bonkeng

Near 100%. The BF banner will come by again for Tillith's 6* upgrade. It's practically a guarantee she will be on the banner, as she is tied to that collab.

Along with Vargas. That means it will be twice as hard to get Elza the next time she visits us again.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Not true

Almost all gear you'll equip will be DEF + HP. He's a tank. What he lacks is SPR, which is used for Magic defense.

While for example your healer will have an overabundance of it and it's effects on +healing are limited. It would be better to give SPR to Cecil and your DEF and HP Pots to your healer. To help counter their weaknesses. What typically will kill your healer will be a melee blow. You need to increase there chance to survive that foremost.

The same is true for MP pots. You would think your healer, but really they'll typically have the highest MP by several hundred. It would be better to give them to your ATK or Support characters, due to the high damage spells requiring large amounts of MP(Far more than any healing spell) and limited MP pools. Luneth goes from 3.4x being able to use his 45MP move to 4.9x being able to use it. This also effects auto refresh, 5% of 155(7.75) vs 220(11) MP returned each round before equipment, buffs, and Espers.

The only two that should go to the typical units would be ATK and MAG pots, since they'll see the greatest gain from them.

This is interesting, thanks Shintoki! I'm still maxing out my Cecil, though.

Lyrian

Wait.... what?

The score tallying for the trust moogle is over, but the tally is still continuing for the weekly pots?

Meh, whatever. At this point, I'm ensure top 3k for the week anyways. /shrug

hitmon

I decided to try to pull for a Gilgamesh with a ticket. The initial gold crystal evolved into a rainbow crystal and ended up with Luneth! Not a bad consolation prize as he'll be my first base 5*.

Muku

Wait.... what?

The score tallying for the trust moogle is over, but the tally is still continuing for the weekly pots?

Meh, whatever. At this point, I'm ensure top 3k for the week anyways. /shrug

Yeah I was wondering that too. wtf?

Lyrian

I decided to try to pull for a Gilgamesh with a ticket. The initial gold crystal evolved into a rainbow crystal and ended up with Luneth! Not a bad consolation prize as he'll be my first base 5*.

Not bad at all! Grats on the sweet 5* base DPS.

Malakhov

Banned

Sheesh, not bad at all, grats :)
I remember the feeling when I did a daily one day and pulled Delita out of the blue, not even on his banner. Even though he isnt a top unit, he is darn great and enjoyed him since then.

And holy cow, golem staff is overpowered in the arena. I use Gilgamesh's divider then 2 or 3 out of the bunch comes out of it petrified. Then double cast blizzaga out of Exdeath, Tellah and Arc and everyone is dead.

One time I started second, the other party destroyed everyone besides Cecil and Gilgamesh on my team. Gilgamesh's divider petrified everyone besides Cecil on my turn and then fun ensued, it saved my ass!

EDarkness

Congrats, man. Having a top damage dealer will open things up for you, I'm sure.

Flambe

Finished Elite before I forget, Gilga is past 90% so I threw Moogle on Miyuki for shits and giggles, might as well get Sakura faster too since my weapons are crap >.> So now

Gilgamesh 92%
Kain 78.8%
Miyuki 71.2%
Cecil 45%
Locke 18.5%

hitmon

Not bad at all! Grats on the sweet 5* base DPS.

Sheesh, not bad at all, grats :)
I remember the feeling when I did a daily one day and pulled Delita out of the blue, not even on his banner. Even though he isnt a top unit, he is darn great and enjoyed him since then.

And holy cow, golem staff is overpowered in the arena. I use Gilgamesh's divider then 2 or 3 out of the bunch comes out of it petrified. Then double cast blizzaga out of Exdeath, Tellah and Arc and everyone is dead.

One time I started second, the other party destroyed everyone besides Cecil and Gilgamesh on my team. Gilgamesh's divider petrified everyone besides Cecil on my turn and then fun ensued, it saved my ass!

Congrats, man. Having a top damage dealer will open things up for you, I'm sure.

Thanks! It does feel good to finally have a top physical damage dealer. Hoping the next event allows us to buy giant cactuars again.

Sounds like I need to get that staff.

Muku

My Exdeath is at 72 level, I like to Dual Cast Meteor so Exdeath has it as ability. Helps a lot in arena :D.

Mine hit 80 tonight and learned Dual Cast. I went and celebrated in the Arena with dual casting Meteor, blowing opponents up. It was a great way to celebrate Exdeath's milestone. Going to be lighting up the Arena even more. Pew pew pew.

Malakhov

Banned
Double meteor does 2 x 999 dmg. Not worth it. Chain a ga spell ( I prefer blizzaga) with another good mage and it'll out damage meteor.

I can kill high hps Cecils in one round with three mages dual casting blizzaga.

Jeffrey

that feeling that you could be doing actual content, but instead just macro grind tm seems like a better use of nrg lol.

haven't even bothered doing the elite event dungeon!

hope the new event isn't too hard, and at least have some metal cactuses so i can evolve some dudes.

Malakhov

Banned
that feeling that you could be doing actual content, but instead just macro grind tm seems like a better use of nrg lol.

haven't even bothered doing the elite event dungeon!

hope the new event isn't too hard, and at least have some metal cactuses so i can evolve some dudes.
It does have 100 cactuars and 10 sacred crystals to boot, last event didn't have the crystals.

Muku

Double meteor does 2 x 999 dmg. Not worth it. Chain a ga spell ( I prefer blizzaga) with another good mage and it'll out damage meteor.

I dunno. At least groups I've been having, they don't survive past one or two rounds. Sometimes a Cecil might. But Cecil gonna be Cecil. We just single target rofl stomp then.

Also, if you have TMs, maybe you can be dual casting, but some of us can't. Exdeath is my only dual caster right now.

Yeah I don't mind if a cecil live after dual meteor plus tri thunder spells. Kinda want to get a second Exdeath up to 6* lvl80 to double dual Meteor for close to 4k damage. That would surely kill most characters in arena, Also, checked out the top ranking for monthly and that dude is already at 2k+ points. That's insane!

EDarkness

Heh, must be nice having 3 mages with dual cast. I have never gotten a Ludmille. I do find it funny how the community just assumes everyone has these kinds of TMs or can easily get them. Dual Wield and Dual Cast elude me.

Heh, must be nice having 3 mages with dual cast. I have never gotten a Ludmille. I do find it funny how the community just assumes everyone has these kinds of TMs or can easily get them. Dual Wield and Dual Cast elude me.

A couple of mages have dual black magic built in so some I assume some of the times they say dual cast the mean Dual Black magic cast. Exdeath and Vivi get those without TMs. Not sure what other mages get that

Malakhov

Banned
Exdeath and Arc have them naturally.

I just have one dual cast tm that I normally use on Refia and switch it back and forth between her for content and tellah for the arena.

Rixa

Mine hit 80 tonight and learned Dual Cast. I went and celebrated in the Arena with dual casting Meteor, blowing opponents up. It was a great way to celebrate Exdeath's milestone. Going to be lighting up the Arena even more. Pew pew pew.

I dunno. At least groups I've been having, they don't survive past one or two rounds. Sometimes a Cecil might. But Cecil gonna be Cecil. We just single target rofl stomp then.

Also, if you have TMs, maybe you can be dual casting, but some of us can't. Exdeath is my only dual caster right now.

Yeah I don't mind if a cecil live after dual meteor plus tri thunder spells. Kinda want to get a second Exdeath up to 6* lvl80 to double dual Meteor for close to 4k damage. That would surely kill most characters in arena, Also, checked out the top ranking for monthly and that dude is already at 2k+ points. That's insane!

Well, soon my Exdeath will go past 80 levels and learns naturally to Dual Cast. Next week we obviously will get weekly ban for Dual Cast in Arena :p.

Anyways my arena party is CoD / CoD (DW) / Refia (DC) / Cecil (Soon DC) / Exdeath (DC). Starting with Meteor + Cecil uses Bio Blaster, then its either DC Osmose or Thundara from Refia, lastly its 2x Barrage.

Or I can do mass spam of thunder spells: Bio Blaster / Thundara / Thundara / Thundaga / Thundaga / Thundaga / Thundaga /.

Depends the team Iam facing. So I have survivality & damage abilities from party to different situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom