• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeRaSh

I'm seriously considering buying the Black Friday Basket bundle for 1200 Lapis because I'm 2 Calamity Writs away from awakening Gilgamesh.... I know the next event will return Friday, though... Halp?

c-murph

You just won the game - no need to pull for Orlandu anymore.

lol

Well, there's always the endgame Shadow, Cyan, Bedile to collect!

I'm seriously considering buying the Black Friday Basket bundle for 1200 Lapis because I'm 2 Calamity Writs away from awakening Gilgamesh.... I know the next event will return Friday, though... Halp?

Don't, you got like two day. Not like you'll miss out on anything. Unless you have infinite lapis then do what you want. I'm hoarding all mine to see what New Years Bundles will bring... Or maybe 3 pulls at Orlandau since he's been hyped.

Reddit is wondering should they use those giveaway tickets to OK or to wait Noctis :p.
Firstworldproblems.gif

We need to see how Noctis will be distributed

It doesnt sound like its going to be a banner since none of the other FF15 characters were announced

but who knows

CCIE

Banned
Was playing around with the calculator, and it looks like the way to build ExDeath may be with Letters and Arms. I could give him the Enhancer, farm my three Ingus and have ExDeath with 650+ magic.

That is exciting! Might be my next set of TM's, might be MAG+30% because all mages can use that. Decisions, decisions...

First have to finish off the current batch

H3xum

I'm so late in the TM train, my current ones will be Dualcast and Excalibur - both of which everyone already has heaps :p

Don't sweat it, I didn't start until recently as well.

If you need extra motivation, I have been doing all TM farming on iOS manually. No switch, no emulators. And I am still hanging in there

Dammit I can't decide if I should really go for Gilgy....I have one DW and 3 more Zidanes and I plan to go all out for Orlandu and Tidus so I'm not sure if it's worth it.

Rixa

Dammit I can't decide if I should really go for Gilgy....I have one DW and 3 more Zidanes and I plan to go all out for Orlandu and Tidus so I'm not sure if it's worth it.

It isn't. You won't ever use him if you have Orlandu and Tidus.

@Syntsui is right. For me it was easy solution to pull as I didnt have single Dual Wielder. For you having shitton of Zidanes, no point of trying Gilga.

If you need extra motivation, I have been doing all TM farming on iOS manually. No switch, no emulators. And I am still hanging in there

I am in the same boat. Out of curiosity, what kind of numbers are you seeing? I've been using switch control to help out some and have been doing it casually, but I've been surprised at how SLOOOOOOOOW it's going. After 3-4 days, I've gained maybe 2-3 percent on most of my units. I know I'm not hitting it hardcore and I don't do NRG refreshes, but at my current rate it will take months for one round of TM farming.

That seems... daunting. To the point that I'm thinking of giving up on the idea.

Rixa

I am in the same boat. Out of curiosity, what kind of numbers are you seeing? I've been using switch control to help out some and have been doing it casually, but I've been surprised at how SLOOOOOOOOW it's going. After 3-4 days, I've gained maybe 2-3 percent on most of my units. I know I'm not hitting it hardcore and I don't do NRG refreshes, and I had an expectation that it would take a while, but at my current rate it will take months for one round of TM farming.

That seems... daunting. To the point that I'm thinking of giving up on the idea.

When I did manually it took 40-46 days to get from 0 to 100%. Daily average was around 2.3% tm. Then someone told me about Frep and everything changed.

When I did manually it took 40-46 days to get from 0 to 100%. Daily average was around 2.3% tm. Then someone told me about Frep and everything changed.

Frep is for Android, right (I'm on an iPhone)? Isn't it the same basic thing as switch control?
And when you say 40 days, was it all day during those days? Or did you just do TM farming in between other stuff like events and whatnot? Any lapis refreshes?

KeRaSh

Don't, you got like two day. Not like you'll miss out on anything. Unless you have infinite lapis then do what you want. I'm hoarding all mine to see what New Years Bundles will bring... Or maybe 3 pulls at Orlandau since he's been hyped.

Yeah, it's not worth it... I'll try to get the ATK+10% recipe before the event starts so I'll be set as soon as I have the materials to awaken Gilgamesh.

/edit: Holy shit. The ATK+10% recipe is way at the end. Not sure I can reach it by Friday. I'm too lazy to do the math...

H3xum

I am in the same boat. Out of curiosity, what kind of numbers are you seeing? I've been using switch control to help out some and have been doing it casually, but I've been surprised at how SLOOOOOOOOW it's going. After 3-4 days, I've gained maybe 2-3 percent on most of my units. I know I'm not hitting it hardcore and I don't do NRG refreshes, but at my current rate it will take months for one round of TM farming.

Manually without refreshes but putting all of my NRG from dailies and such in there, I would say 2-3% on average. There were certainly days where I would see like 1% and I would be a sad fella, but, within a day or two it would even out.

Is there a frep for iPhone? My big thing is I do not trust moving platforms, I feel like for god knows what reason I will discover a bug and my Lapis will all be gone. I work technology in academia, so I have seen it all, I am the most paranoid user on the face of the earth

Rixa

Frep is for Android, right (I'm on an iPhone)? Isn't it the same basic thing as switch control?
And when you say 40 days, was it all day during those days? Or did you just do TM farming in between other stuff like events and whatnot? Any lapis refreshes?

Manually without refreshes but putting all of my NRG from dailies and such in there, I would say 2-3% on average. There were certainly days where I would see like 1% and I would be a sad fella, but, within a day or two it would even out.

Is there a frep for iPhone? My big thing is I do not trust moving platforms, I feel like for god knows what reason I will discover a bug and my Lapis will all be gone. I work technology in academia, so I have seen it all, I am the most paranoid user on the face of the earth
Frep is for Android, don't know if there is Frep for iP. :/.

It was during summer I started 8th of July. 17th of August I got Excalibur.
Screenshot_20160709-223057.png
Screenshot_20160817-101138.png

It was "good" time to do TM farming. Only events were weekend ones rotating Cactuars / Turtles / Megacites. Every nrg outside of daily quests went to TM farming. I didn't refresh nrg with Lapis.

udca

Just finished power of creation and demon
scythe for my elza. I'm gonna try the scythe with an Excalibur to see if the element cancel each other. She currently has 741 atk jeeeezus. It will go back down to 711 though since I want her to have bladeblitz.

Also freed a few friend slots. 512 783 735

KeRaSh

scythe for my elza. I'm gonna try the scythe with an Excalibur to see if the element cancel each other. She currently has 741 atk jeeeezus. It will go back down to 711 though since I want her to have bladeblitz.

Sent you a request. KeRaSh ingame @ 628 213 979

Frep is for Android, don't know if there is Frep for iP. :/.

It was during summer I started 8th of July. 17th of August I got Excalibur.

It was "good" time to do TM farming. Only events were weekend ones rotating Cactuars / Turtles / Megacites. Every nrg outside of daily quests went to TM farming. I didn't refresh nrg with Lapis.

Rock on. Thanks for sharing. I'll keep at it for now. I'll still be pretty darn casual about it and will most likely focus on events and whatnot as they come up and TM farm if there's down time (like right now). I'm sure it will take me forever, but at least it helps gives me a purpose. Otherwise, I tend to sit there with an itchy finger poised over the lapis purchase button with the idea of going for an 11 pull just to have new, shiny units to upgrade. And that's not healthy.

Sent a request as well!

H3xum

Thanks! Sent you a request. Sorin

KeRaSh

I fucking hate it when I miss a single mission objective. Is it worth 10 energy to replay a 10 energy stage? My OCD says yes but ugh...

Xion86

Literally its only few clicks after you have done it first time.

First time:

1. "Sort Filter"
2. "Filter" tab
3. "Select all"
4. "Confirm"
5. "Depart without companion"

If you need to remove filter -> Click "Remove Filter"

When you need to add the filter again:

1. "Sort Filter"
2. Click "Confirm".

Easy :).

I'll I've this a try later Rixa, thanks :)

Syrus

Banned

Aent request , LanceX , 7200 Cecil

desverger

If you're so inclined, there's instructions on how to set up Switch Controls for iOS in the OP (updated for the latest patch).

H3xum

If you're so inclined, there's instructions on how to set up Switch Controls for iOS in the OP (updated for the latest patch).

I often think about it but then I enjoy the sick satisfaction and pride of manually TM farming.

One day, though. I am sure.

Iceman829

Does the arena reset on Thursday or Friday evening. Can't remember

Arena has 2 different resets this week. They happen to be a day apart due to the month changing.

Monthly is 11/30/16 23:59

Weekly is 12/1/16 23:59

For those looking to get a head start on the new month try not to use all your arena battles if you are safely in the bracket you want to be in.

Arena has 2 different resets this week. They happen to be a day apart due to the month changing.

Monthly is 11/30/16 23:59

Weekly is 12/1/16 23:59

For those looking to get a head start on the new month try not to use all your arena battles if you are safely in the bracket you want to be in.

Yes so 7pm Eastern tonight is when the reset should happen if we go by the last 2 weeks. I expect a mad dash for top 3k towards the last couple of hours.

c-murph

Yes so 7pm Eastern tonight is when the reset should happen if we go by the last 2 weeks. I expect a mad dash for top 3k towards the last couple of hours.

I've pretty much accepted I'll never reach the top 3,000 without refreshing. I'm perfectly content with my least effort second place prizes.

H3xum

I've pretty much accepted I'll never reach the top 3,000 without refreshing. I'm perfectly content with my least effort second place prizes.

I am sitting at like 4.2k for the monthly and want to blow lapis so bad for that 2nd TM. Those are really valuable....

Valonquar

So does arena ever reach a point where you can't 1 round kill everyone with meteor x6? The only time I seem to lose now are the rare occasions when the AI actually decides to use the right skills together on round 1 with them going first, which is exceedingly rare.

Zalasta

It's been a while since I had to farm for SC, but I've nearly exhausted my stash. 4 runs of INT this morning and only 1 SC to show for, pretty atrocious rate. I should've ran PRO instead.

Daily pull was a gold Fran.

c-murph

I am sitting at like 4.2k for the monthly and want to blow lapis so bad for that 2nd TM. Those are really valuable....

Indeed but I'm also not willing to part with my precious lapis that feed my TM farming machine either.

Tough call though but I'm going to stick to my farming. Besides, I've manage to collect all the others ones that are made available.

Speaking of which, does the XIII event have a TM moogle? I was counting on that guy with the monthly reward one to get my second growth egg!!

I'm so late in the TM train, my current ones will be Dualcast and Excalibur - both of which everyone already has heaps :p

Not me! My only premium TM is dual wield so far... dualcast is at like 95% though so that will be soon :). Started using the macros really late (maybe a month ago at this point?)

Iceman829

It's been a while since I had to farm for SC, but I've nearly exhausted my stash. 4 runs of INT this morning and only 1 SC to show for, pretty atrocious rate. I should've ran PRO instead.

Daily pull was a gold Fran.

I think I still have Locke as my leader if you want to add me. I'll show up every 3hrs, but it might give you a better drop rate

edit. Finally unlocked the Thief Bracer. Killed my last hunger to get the last earth key I needed. No idea why I wanted the bracer, but I got it.

Yeah I am at 2200 right now and if need be I will use a couple hundred Lapis to secure the spot. If you are close it's probably worth it to spend a little Lapis for it I wouldn't go nuts though.

H3xum

All of this TM talk the last few days (myself included...)

I think I might start a Google sheet to track my progress. Might depress me on day(s) when I am grinding event material though or doing something else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom