• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
100 Gigantaurs confirmed for tomorrow :) Woot!

Think I'll pass on the 70k trust moogle this time though.

Im going for it if I can somehow make farming feasible

Moogles, Star Quartz, Tickets, and Mats are the only things worth getting

Cant seem myself grabbing any of the exclusives or materias

they made it damn easy to choose this time around lol

Alkez

My Gilga ELT team:

CoD 100
ExDeath 84
Ingus 80
Refia 100
Cecil 100

I have no idea what I'm doing, lol

1 - Take friend CoD.
2 - Embolden
3 - Full Break
4 - Chain Call of the Void

That's how I did it anyway. Similar team to yours as well. Agrius over Ingus. Charlotte over Cecil. No 5th member for the challenge.

Wow, I've clawed back into the top 16K by playing exclusively whales in the Arena. This is BS. Now, I have zero damned chance at the top tier and the rewards. And basically I lost a TM Moogle because of this crap...

Am I getting it right? I'm sending an email to support. This is BS - and now I have to get on another plane, and who knows what will be the case when I get off again.

You do have the rest of the month to get into the top 3k if the 2nd Trust Moogle is what you are after...it would probably be impossible without some refills but at least you have time.

Lyrian

Wow, I've clawed back into the top 16K by playing exclusively whales in the Arena. This is BS. Now, I have zero damned chance at the top tier and the rewards. And basically I lost a TM Moogle because of this crap...

Am I getting it right? I'm sending an email to support. This is BS - and now I have to get on another plane, and who knows what will be the case when I get off again.

Hard to say.

It definitely screws up the pots being tallied today.

However, Gumi's viewpoint may be that because it was the first day of the new month's event, that arena standings will normalize over the next 30 days. That is certainly possible, as 30 day's worth of orbs is a lot of arena runs. That said, if that is their logic, then it will easily take 2-3 weeks for arena rankings to normalize at a minimum.

tariniel

I have 90% TM worth of moogles just taking up space. WRU Zidane?

I think I'll go for the cheaper of the two moogles just so I can guarantee 100% whenever I pull Zidane and not bother with the 70k one. Unless the currency rate and rank exp are amazing.

Also is Bartz worth leveling up and awakening to 6* to be my secondary phys DPS unit? If so I'll get all the cactuars for him. The only physical DPS units I have are Lightning, Freya, Kain, Lasswell, Garland, but I have almost every single mage in the game. I haven't had very good pulls since Lightning on her banner months ago, except for TM units.

H3xum

I am actually sort of up upset that is all that happened.

Wow. Should have just been an abuser, I guess. I would like my lapis back for refills I did yesterday after the 7pm arena reset

Naw you should be fine

The monthly rank was set in stone before the bug happened

Going to be tough to get into 3k for december but getting into Top 3k is always tough for those who dont refill

Shouta

Man, reddit is hilarious. They're already going gaga over Onion Knight when they don't realize he still has issues as a character. Orlandu and Veritas are better self-contained characters for damage dealing. Onion has the ability to be better than both but he needs a lot more work surrounding him to get it going.

People on reddit are now saying they ranked up and are not getting NRG refills. Lol. FWIW I ranked up as well and everything is fine, but in any case, stay safe out there!

Azuran

Banned
All these drama and here I am TM farming in peace. My rank barely went down considering I was pretty low to begin with lol

15% on Excalibur and 20% for Dualcast after a couple of days. This has been a great week considering there's nothing I had to do after I completed the story missions and defeated both Gilgamesh and Antenolla.

Kouriozan

Sure I'll try to get Orlandu but Veritas of the Dark looks so much cooler that I'll probably whale for him.
Knowing its true identity makes me want to get him even more.

Azuran

Banned
My Cecil will probably never be used at this point if they don't give us burst pots. Fuck

I don't know how people can live without a 6* Cecil these days. He's so freaking useful even without a max LB. He makes content so much easier with his godly tanking and great healing.

Syntsui

I don't know how people can live without a 6* Cecil these days. He's so freaking useful even without a max LB. He makes content so much easier with his godly tanking and great healing.
My Charlotte or WoL are still carrying me through the content but I can see how easier it would be with Cecil x.x

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
1 - Take friend CoD.
2 - Embolden
3 - Full Break
4 - Chain Call of the Void

That's how I did it anyway. Similar team to yours as well. Agrius over Ingus. Charlotte over Cecil. No 5th member for the challenge.

This was more or less my plan, I just don't know about that 1M life though!

I have 90% TM worth of moogles just taking up space. WRU Zidane?

I think I'll go for the cheaper of the two moogles just so I can guarantee 100% whenever I pull Zidane and not bother with the 70k one. Unless the currency rate and rank exp are amazing.

Also is Bartz worth leveling up and awakening to 6* to be my secondary phys DPS unit? If so I'll get all the cactuars for him. The only physical DPS units I have are Lightning, Freya, Kain, Lasswell, Garland, but I have almost every single mage in the game. I haven't had very good pulls since Lightning on her banner months ago, except for TM units.

Maaaaan you should spread those moogles out and grab every other TM you need!

All these drama and here I am TM farming in peace. My rank barely went down considering I was pretty low to begin with lol

15% on Excalibur and 20% for Dualcast after a couple of days. This has been a great week considering there's nothing I had to do after I completed the story missions and defeated both Gilgamesh and Antenolla.

Seriously. I'm leveling ExDeath, working ever so slowly to the blood sword (on ADV-S4 now?), and just peacefully grinding out those TMs. Gonna be a hard few more weeks but when it's over I'll have dual wield, dual cast, 2 mag +30%s and that sweet ass rising sun for my lovely CoD.

Azuran

Banned
3k burst pot as daily login reward on Dec. 19th.

Oh man, that should be a godsend for my other Cecil. He's currently only 138 LBs away from maxing at 3* so all the LBs needed to max at 4* should fly by.

I guess getting him to max 6* won't take as long as I thought. For now I'll continue using my "gimped" 6* Cecil.

tell me how you did it!

Basically, it's just a marathon of a battle. Make sure you bring LOTS of ethers, phoenix downs, and elixirs.

Other than that, just use Ingus to break often (if not every turn), Cecil to provoke (which will kill him a lot, but will keep the other units alive), dispel, and throw a curaja out there from time to time if you don't have dualcast on Refia (which I didn't), Refia heal/full-life pretty much every turn with an occasional embolden thrown in, and an all out attack with CoD (with an omniveil now and again). I think I brought along a beefed up Elza when I brought him down because she also has some breaking skills and could shell out pretty good damage, but I can't remember if that was the time I beat Gilgamesh or whether it was the time I brought along an absurdly high attack Luneth.

So... basically... buff/debuff every turn, provoke with Cecil to absorb most of the damage, and beat on him as much as possible with your CoD and friend unit. For a veeeeerrrrrryyyyy long time. I'm sure there are better and more efficient strategies out there, but that's what worked for me.

Alkez

This was more or less my plan, I just don't know about that 1M life though!

Because of CoD's Man Eater passives and Diabolos a chained Call of the Void does a chunk of damage. Especially now that people have the thorned mace. With all of those that's 910% on a solo hit. With a chain and dual wield on the friend unit you're hitting like 3000% a turn, more if you yourself have dual wield as well. You've got this.

Rixa

3k burst pot as daily login reward on Dec. 19th.

Oh man, that should be a godsend for my other Cecil. He's currently only 138 LBs away from maxing at 3* so all the LBs needed to max at 4* should fly by.

I guess getting him to max 6* won't take as long as I thought. For now I'll continue using my "gimped" 6* Cecil.

Iam feeding the LB pots I get to 4* Garnet. Haven't really bothered with Cecils LB :D.

Kouriozan

Personally I'm currently trying to do as much story missions as possible, gonna need the lapis for when the new year bundle will drop.
Still about 2.5 continents to do @_@

Muku

Wow, what a roller coaster of activity since I went to bed last night. Would also explain why I took a huge dip in the new monthly ranking. Thank you Gumi. I was complaining out loud earlier when I noticed. Seemed far too large of a dip under normal circumstances. Meh. Maybe just won't worry about it this month then. As I say this on day 1 of the month. -_-

Also daily pull was Sabin. Thank you for not giving me Bartz you stupid game. Not looking forward to upcoming event either because since it has gone to giving bonus for banner characters... I don't seem to get them.

Rixa

Personally I'm currently trying to do as much story missions as possible, gonna need the lapis for when the new year bundle will drop.
Still about 2.5 continents to do @_@

If it comes in the form of datamined stuff. Are you after that +30% atk?

Kouriozan

If it comes in the form of datamined stuff. Are you after that +30% atk?
Yep, but I learned to don't chase rainbows x)
Plus I have good enough units, the next step to get stronger is via materias/TMs, so 30% ATK would be huge for me atm.
Buying that one immediately if it's real. What was it 4 or 5 Rainbow crystals and 30% attack for 10k?
It's 3 rainbow but I doubt Gumi will release the exact same bundle for Global.

Yep, but I learned to don't chase rainbows x)
Plus I have good enough units, the next step to get stronger is via materias/TMs, so 30% ATK would be huge for me atm.

It's 3 rainbow but I doubt Gumi will release the exact same bundle for Global.

Maybe maybe not. I mean 3 Rainbows here isn't really that big of a deal without a guarantee 5* in it. Half of the 12 Rainbows I have gotten have been trolls so the possibility of getting 3 shit tier units in those Rainbows is still pretty high. Who knows though. The ATK materia worth it alone but I won't spend 10k for just it.

Rixa

About that 10000 Lapis crystal pull (3 Rainbow Crystals). Found this Reddit thread.

Pulls mentioned in comments:
- Kefka
- Gilbert
- Celes (multiples)
- Garland
- Bartz
- Miyuki
- Cloud(?)
- Serias(?)

There is a chance that 30% atk is nerfed to 20%.

Keep in mind though that its not guaranteed base 5*

I still will do it, but, I like to temper expectations. Helps the rage

Yeah I am willing to take the risk on 3 Rainbows for 10k if even one of them is a Lightning/Gilgamesh then it was worth it to me the ATK Materia makes it even that much sweeter.

About that 10000 Lapis crystal pull (3 Rainbow Crystals). Found this Reddit thread.

- Kefka
- Gilbert
- Celes (multiples)
- Garland
- Bartz
- Miyuki
- Cloud(?)
- Serias(?)

Well if the nerf happens I won't get it unless it's cheaper and as for the units I will still take the risk.

Wait I forgot when this came out it was 11 months ago so the unit pool didn't even have some of the best units anyway so it's no surprise most of the units pulled are shit.

H3xum

Yeah I am willing to take the risk on 3 Rainbows for 10k if even one of them is a Lightning/Gilgamesh then it was worth it to me the ATK Materia makes it even that much sweeter.

I am with you. I have zero 5* base. I will in all likelihood do it multiple times (if possible) for an elite TM/unit

Rixa

Well if the nerf happens I won't get it unless it's cheaper and as for the units I will still take the risk.

Wait I forgot when this came out it was 11 months ago so the unit pool didn't even have some of the best units anyway so it's no surprise most of the units pulled are shit.

I am with you. I have zero 5* base. I will in all likelihood do it multiple times (if possible) for an elite TM/unit

They didn't have Rydia's / Kain's / Krile's 5* either. I know I dont have 10k Lapis if that bundle hits, but if I would have I wouldn't use it to that bundle (if its not changed to have something good to offer).

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
For the upcoming event, I'm definitely not aiming for much.

-Tickets
-Elixirs
-6* Matts(Only 10 of the Crystals, no reason to keep stocking up on them since I always have enough. 20 for the others).
-MegaCacturs

Maybe the cheaper SQs and Scream root. Not going to waste the 2700 on the top 3. Since I'm starting to get an overflow of them thanks to Arena.

Shouta, is it worth to keep getting more Pheonix Downs? Even though I'm nearing 100

leehom

Is it better to equip Exdeath with 3 letters and arms or mag 30%+?

I have a lot of ingus and shantoto's....like 6-7 each.

EDarkness

- Kefka
- Gilbert
- Celes (multiples)
- Garland
- Bartz
- Miyuki
- Cloud(?)
- Serias(?)

Unless they make those three pulls 5* base units or at least one of them WILL be a 5* base unit, then that 10,000 lapis can be better spent on something else. No one wants to do pay that much lapis for mediocre items and 5* Galuf. Definitely not a good deal.

Xion86

Jesus, had a 2 hour meeting at work followed by being crazy busy, just had a chance to check GAF and all hell has been breaking loose!! Guessing it's all calm now. I had no idea about the orb mess up, just logged in after maintenance and cleared up NRG and orbs like usual. Team GAF went all crazy for a while.

Oh Rixa, I don't have to worry about turning the companion option on and off, as my laptop running MEmu remembers the setting so that's cool, I can leave it off :). My android phone has companion on, where ill usually do story, Vortex and Arena when I can at work. (I thought the setting would be the same across my phone and laptop as both are android).

Lyrian

I could speed up my 2nd excalibur, dualcast or a bracer I suppose. But what if I draw Zidane?!

Keep 100% reserve, use rest to speed up. Or is there some rush to use few moogles?

Some context is needed to answer these questions.

The safest answer is what Rixa wrote. You could always hold onto 100% of TM credit just in case you do pull Zidane.

But, to make an informed decision, you have to ask some questions:

-- What happens if Zidane is never drawn? All those trust moogles are wasted just sitting there in inventory.

-- Can Tariniel clear all existing content? If not, would re-directing the trust moogles to another TM that could be obtained now allow him/her to clear content that is currently out of reach?

Keeping in mind that there will always be more trust moogles in the future, so it's not like redirecting the trust moogles would be a permanent loss of Zidane's TM.

So, the question is, would Tarinel be okay with redirecting the moogles elsewhere and be willing to accept that if Zidane is drawn someday that he/she is okay with not maxing Zidane's trust the moment he is drawn. That's a personal decision to make.

------

/start tutormode

As a pure logical aside to this, from the perspective of being my campus's business tutor, the concept of TVM (time value of money) states that anything obtained in the future is worth less that that same thing obtained today. This is because a person can employ whatever they obtained today to use to generate greater benefits than they would be able to while waiting for the future outcome to occur.

What this means in terms of TMs is fairly objective; buy now not later. Loosening the grip of cold logic a bit, the more realistic interpretation is that Tarinel could wait for a Zidane to appear in a draw. However, the longer Zidane takes to appear, the worse the waiting game becomes in terms of overall outcomes of the decision to wait, especially if another TM (like Power of Creation) would be the difference in clearing a future event or not. The deciding factor would be Tarinel's tolerance for waiting for Zidane to appear in draw. How much of a wait is too much of a wait? That's up to him/her to decide for themselves based upon their personal risk tolerances.

/end tutormode

Muku

- Kefka
- Gilbert
- Celes (multiples)
- Garland
- Bartz
- Miyuki
- Cloud(?)
- Serias(?)

Yeah.... no thanks. I think only ones I don't have on that list are Gilbert and Bartz. But I don't need/want Bartz that bad. Will be passing.

Again those units pulled in the 3 rainbow pull are from 11 months ago in JPN. Looking at the Reddit comments people were excited to pull Celes for goodness sake...so clearly they didn't have the pool of units we have now and even at the end of this month. I would obviously wait and see what the consensus is before pulling but I have a feeling it won't be as bad as what they got.

Edit: After looking at the release schedule the last banner they had before this was Kefka/Celes/Gilbert no base 5* at all so you can't compare it if we get a similar bundle with the possibility of a 5 base.

Agree 100% around Lyrians assessment

Build teams the best you can NOW in odrder to clear content and events.

The volume of rewards will be far better and more frequent this way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom