• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muku

I have no reason to believe the Global one will get stuff even nearly as good as the JPN one though. Why would they? Square wants the rest of the worlds money, however they can do that they will. I would love something as awesome as the JPN Anniversary but I don't think we'll get something as close. I just feel like after that AMA, it just goes to show they are after the whales in Global and no one else.

Also, god damn. Clyne as daily pull on Alt. Clyne, Galuf, and Shadow can please all go DIAF now

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
1. Guess who didn't tent his team before 2nd Gilga ELT? THIS IDIOT. I thought the encounter was inside the next building!!! And I used my 560+ CoD friend in the process.

2. Next up, either Blazed's Gilga or one of these Luneths or Lightnings or something. I think this is fun so whatever.

Agree 100% around Lyrians assessment

Build teams the best you can NOW in odrder to clear content and events.

The volume of rewards will be far better and more frequent this way

3. 100% agreed. And not sure it applies to the sitting-on-moogles discussion, but I would not be praying for a pull and sitting on 90% trust for anything else for weeks and weeks when you could churn out other pretty damn good TMs.

I have no reason to believe the Global one will get stuff even nearly as good as the JPN one though. Why would they? Square wants the rest of the worlds money, however they can do that they will. I would love something as awesome as the JPN Anniversary but I don't think we'll get something as close. I just feel like after that AMA, it just goes to show they are after the whales in Global and no one else.

Also, god damn. Clyne as daily pull on Alt. Clyne, Galuf, and Shadow can please all go DIAF now

You are probably right but if it does come here I think it would in fact be worth it unless the pool of units is specific and you can't pull a 5* base.

Kouriozan

Do you think events will start to give magicites starting with XIII tomorrow?
Yeah it started with Type-0 in Japan (with the Bonus drops) but since we're getting it pretty late it makes sense, no?
Gumi please don't disappoint x)

Muku

1. Guess who didn't tent his team before 2nd Gilga ELT? THIS IDIOT. I thought the encounter was inside the next building!!! And I used my 560+ CoD friend in the process.

2. Next up, either Blazed's Gilga or one of these Luneths or Lightnings or something. I think this is fun so whatever.

3. 100% agreed. And not sure it applies to the sitting-on-moogles discussion, but I would not be praying for a pull and sitting on 90% trust for anything else for weeks and weeks when you could churn out other pretty damn good TMs.

I used my tent before second bridge. THANK GOODNESS I DID. Because like you, I thought fight was in building. I'd have been SOOOOOOO PISSED. But I did it at start of second on a whim. Because I had this weird feeling about it.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I used my tent before second bridge. THANK GOODNESS I DID. Because like you, I thought fight was in building. I'd have been SOOOOOOO PISSED. But I did it at start of second on a whim. Because I had this weird feeling about it.

I had tried it a week ago, and used my tent right after the first door, not realizing there were a bunch more encounters on the way to the next door. I forgot about where 2nd Gilga appeared.

Using this +578 Elza on this run, btw.

Syntsui

Which is weird. Isn't Japan whale paradise for pretty much any Gacha games?

The other countries are the ones that don't care to spend money with these type of things. Unless it's games like Candy Crush and Clash of whatever etc. This game is far from casual and has a very different type of player base.

Yup... did the same thing the first time through. Which is why I can't remember which friend unit was the one that pulled me through. I thankfully only had to attempt it twice, though. Remembering the tent is key.

EDarkness

You are probably right but if it does come here I think it would in fact be worth it unless the pool of units is specific and you can't pull a 5* base.

I think based on the current system for pulling, it'd be a serious gamble since there are a lot of 5* units. The odds of pulling a 5* base unit is low so unless the crystal change goes though, I doubt it's worth it. I guess if people just want the CHANCE of getting a 5* unit, then I guess 3 chances can be good, but I think that the chances are low and the odds of pulling a decent 5* unit may not be worth it.

I guess we'll have to see what they do by then. Maybe they'll cut us some slack and make at least one guaranteed 5* unit out of the three rainbow crystals. At least one can hope.

Muku

I had tried it a week ago, and used my tent right after the first door, not realizing there were a bunch more encounters on the way to the next door. I forgot about where 2nd Gilga appeared.

Using this +578 Elza on this run, btw.

Yeah, wel my problem was I didn't know there was a second bridge more of encounters. That sucked. But it was okay. Was better to use it there than none at all. Got it done in one go through which was awesome

Xion86

Haha I remember that I forgot to use Tent TWICE, as I kept thinking, okay one more fight then I'll use it, one more fight...as I kept walking up the bridge, then kept encountering the boss before I realised I was going to activate him. I thought exactly the same, that it was inside the next building (but funny how I made the mistake a second time round).

And yeah, use up those Trust Moogles now! One thing to defiantly not hoard.

EDarkness

And yeah, use up those Trust Moogles now! One thing to defiantly not hoard.

I have to admit, I'm hoarding mine currently. The main problem is that I have no idea what to use them on. I have 7 of them sitting on my list currently, too. I'm hoping to get the one for the ELT event later today. I want a weapon for CoD and I want dual wield, too. Oh well, I'll just keep saving them until I can come do some kind of decision.

If you have anyone that can immediately benefit from it, that is a giant boost.

It goes to my Luneth who would gain 36 ATK over the Enhancer he is currently using so it would put him at like 710ish ATK. Not sure if I really need it atm though unless the FF 13 boss is tough.

Syntsui

All my Moogles will go to Gilga, but I have no TM weapon to benefit from it yet. I'm wasting lapis farming Excalibur and Death bring at the moment.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Thanks all! It feels so damn good to clear an ELT event.

Can't imagine what I'd be doing without the always-applicable fullbreak + embolden + focus. Like, those three are basically the minimum hurdle to all these events. Everything else seems to be being able to take the biggest punch and finding a way around whatever defense they throw up.

I have to admit, I'm hoarding mine currently. The main problem is that I have no idea what to use them on. I have 7 of them sitting on my list currently, too. I'm hoping to get the one for the ELT event later today. I want a weapon for CoD and I want dual wield, too. Oh well, I'll just keep saving them until I can come do some kind of decision.

The thing is that TMs have basically infinite lifespan, even if your units do not. So dual wield will probably always be the best TM, and after that, dual cast, and after that, your + %s like +30%mags, and after that custom equip like Rising Sun or Excalibur or w/e.

Right now I have Rising Sun, Dual Wield, +30% mag x2, and a Dual Cast in the TM oven. The Rising Sun may eventually be outdated if/when CoD no longer has a place on my team, but when will that be, 6-8-10 months from now if ever?

Refia is about that life! Someone gave her the Golem staff and Barrage. Pretty smart IMO.

VWZXSYG.jpg

HF3sH2L.jpg

Malakhov

Banned
All my Moogles will go to Gilga, but I have no TM weapon to benefit from it yet. I'm wasting lapis farming Excalibur and Death bring at the moment.
Doesnt matter. He's great with the enhancer and a katana like chirujaden or even the murasame because of the insane bonuses.

I'm farming a moon blade and a sakurafubuki to replace those.

I stopped farming my two excals, with gilga and cod I don't have a need for it now...

Malakhov

Banned
Dual wield, double hand, barrage, dual cast and gungnir all finally done!

Now weapons time! : moon blade, sakurafubuki, rising sun, save the queen and gengi gloves.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Jealous of those that even have the opp to farm genji gloves and bracers, but then again I was jealous of those that could farm dual wield a couple weeks ago.

Malakhov

Banned
Jealous of those that even have the opp to farm genji gloves and bracers, but then again I was jealous of those that could farm dual wield a couple weeks ago.
Don't be jalous of me for Gilgamesh. I went insane and did 6 x 10+1 pulls for him. I wanted him badly after not getting elza, lightning and luneth.

That's 30k lapis, its just insane. I'd rather not think about it.

leehom

Oh wow...so Exdeath with letters and arms with my build will have 614 (enhancer) mag vs 580 (omnirod) and 30%+ mag.

I guess I know what TM's I'm going for after I deck out Elza.

Is there any point in farming 30%+ mag if I don't plan on having more than one powerful mage? Might combine my 6-7 shantoto's into 3 mag 30%+ in the future.

Exdeath craps all over Arc. I guess that's 6* vs 5* for ya. Exdeath with 3500 hp vs Arc and his puny 2k hp gets eaten in Arena.

H3xum

Oh wow...so Exdeath with letters and arms with my build will have 614 (enhancer) mag vs 580 (omnirod) and 30%+ mag.

I guess I know what TM's I'm going for after I deck out Elza.

Is there any point in farming 30%+ mag if I don't plan on having more than one powerful mage? Might combine my 6-7 shantoto's into 3 mag 30%+ in the future.

I have 6 shantotototototos and i plan on doing exactly what you typed out. Batches of 2 for 3 total.

I have two mizukis, I'm alright with that :D

I don't like you anymore

c-murph

Don't be jalous of me for Gilgamesh. I went insane and did 6 x 10+1 pulls for him. I wanted him badly after not getting elza, lightning and luneth.

Don't even want to know what you spent on all the other three...

leehom

At least you finally got one of the four current powerhouses! I prefer Lightning/Luneth > Gilgamesh/Elza because of aoe dmg vs ST. Greg and Elza is better ST I think?

Malakhov

Banned
It took me 4. I've come to terms with it :-(
It will take time but I will someday.

At least you finally got one of the four current powerhouses! I prefer Lightning/Luneth > Gilgamesh/Elza because of aoe dmg vs ST. Greg and Elza is better ST I think?
Not sure, not an expert like valentus and others in this thread but for me I like gilga and lightning, then elza, then luneth.

I thought Elza was a gimmick at first, now she's the first I pull from my friends list. She's great.

I don't like you anymore

:(

leehom

Not sure, not an expert like valentus and others in this thread but for me I like gilga and lightning, then elza, then luneth.

:(

Well, Lightning and Luneth have DW and area blast. While Gilgamesh and Elza need a TM for it. Gilamesh does have a aoe wind attack, but Elza doesn't She has a mini version of barrage in madness rush or something.

leehom

Best spot to farm SC? I ran out and need some to awaken my 4* Exdeath. :(

I already used my vortex on the XP vortex and would be a waste to use it to open the materials vortex.

I typically grab an Elza friend on a boss because of the Break attack she has that shit keeps me from having to waste one of my slots with a Full Breaker that doesn't have nearly as much ATK power as she does. I will typically grab Lightning if I want to elemental chain or Luneth if I want to AOE the shit out of stuff. Gilgamesh I haven't really used yet.

Iceman829

I already used my vortex on the XP vortex and would be a waste to use it to open the materials vortex.

Trust bonus from Dirnado and onward

Low chance from any boss battle monster or esper encounter

Not sure if it would help, but I have a Locke as leader

Malakhov

Banned
Well, Lightning and Luneth have DW and area blast. While Gilgamesh and Elza need a TM for it. Gilamesh does have a aoe wind attack, but Elza doesn't She has a mini version of barrage in madness rush or something.

Gilga also has divider which is a great AoE attack but the mana is costly.

And yeah I took for granted that Gilga has dual wield. At least when you pull him, he comes with it with his TM unlike having to pray for a Zidane.

It could be luck or I could be crazy but I keep 5 of my TM units and do the traditional awakening INT vortex. I always get at least a 1 sc/run ration out of it. Maybe wait for tomorrow?

You're better off spending the 100 to open the other vortex. Even if you have 5 100% trust bonus units farming dirnado, the frequency with which you would earn SC's compared to the vortex is probably so low that it would cost you more than 100 extra lapis in refreshes to get the same amount of SCs.

c-murph

Nothing besides dailies and tickets and one 10+1 pull for lighting. All f2p.

And then madness struck me when gilga appeared. I was no longer f2p :(

Makes me feel better. I went all out on Delita trying to get his Moonblade for my Fencer. Used all my lapis and bought extra lapis for 3 pulls. Nothing. Never again. Dailies on banners I like and lapis refreshes only now. Learned my lesson GUMI.

Ended up with 16 Almas... I still have 5 more to TM farm and combine.

The plan now is to save all lapis for TM farming refreshes and big pulls for Rikku maybe Cid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom