• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyrian

I've run the event 46 times and have seen 0 gigantuars. That's pretty nuts. At least having Snow I've still gotten enough gears to get 50+ cactuars to level up some units, but it definitely seems like a long haul to get the tickets and SQ.

Here's hoping dragging a friend Lightning along in the second week will make it less painful.

Bigfoot exists.

peFKABq.png

Sorry man :/

Lyrian

FFBE is showing up everywhere lately. Got a banner ad for FFBE in PAD today. I wonder how long until there is a PAD crossover in FFBE? (There has been a crossover with PAD already announced for Mobius this week.)

Would be really wierd to try to translate the 2-D artwork from PAD into 3-D animated sprites.

That said, I had to chuckle that Rain in PAD is literally a Shadow-tier dumpster fire. He's **that** bad, roflmao. Nice way to cross-promote FFBE, GungHo.

Syntsui

Now that I think about it. What the hell happened with the datamined FFV equipments? The Excalipoors really were useless.
i know rankings are useless but i'm kinda anxious to see where these ffxiii units land, right?
Snow is the best tank until 6* WoL, I think. Every single one of the other units are absolute trash. I don't think I need to talk about Lightning.

Celegus

Now that I think about it. What the hell happened with the datamined FFV equipments? The Excalipoors really were useless.

Snow is the best tank until 6* WoL, I think. Every single one of the other units are absolute trash. I don't think I need to talk about Lightning.

Better than Cecil? Not sure about that one.

Whales

Banned
just bought thunderfall for lightning because why not, it looked like a stronger version of electeic blitz

then I realized it uses MAG...

wasted 6k gear right there

Muku

Feeling lucky after that ticket, so I went with two more.

Leanna and Kyrie.

And so once again, Lady luck passes

Congrats on Xiao! Also, Lady Luck tells you not to press your luck.
No whammy... no whammy... no whammy... STOP!

Uhh, wtf. Just did Maranda Coast - Exploration and encountered a cactuar that dropped a Star Quartz. Done this over 50 times, never seen this. Is it new?

Rixa

Do you have space for one more??

Yup kicked one slacker, toss me ID and be sure to have GAF somewhere: 147.899.569

PoC done. Fed Maxwell some moogles, because, why not? :-/
Now only Moonblade remains, and Gilgy is complete.

800+ Atk?

With Moonblade, yeah. But right now, Gilgy's still lvl74, with 728 atk.

Nuuh, I don't have Delita :(.
I guess my Miyuki gets the Moogles. PoC will be maxed without Moogles, will take about one week.

KeRaSh

Maxed Gilgamesh on Friday I think.
He's at 579 ATK (DW + Chirijiraden + Enhancer) so there's still room for improvement.
TM Weapons are still far, far away but it's a great start.

Farmed the event hard over the weekend and only got 7k gears to show for it. Not sure if I should aim for the first Moogle. I really hate TM farming since it prevents me from playing in the evenings...(I let it run at work and set it up just before I leave)

Other than that I'm only really interested in 6* mats and more Cactuars. I could awaken CoD and level her up just in case but it's already pretty hard to fit everyone in my team.
I'm currently not sure if I should replace DKC with Ramza since Cheer would be great for Gilgamesh and Ramza can throw out emergency Curas but that's about it. DKC on the other hand can hit a little harder with Barrage equipped but that's about all he can do...
Refia would be great with Embolden but she has no damage to support the group after that.

Crazy that I slacked off so much with TM farming after I got my first one which was Magi Staff. While it is nice it would be better if I got some of the other stuff I'm working like Excalibur and Dual Cast

tuffymon

Valentus and Bonkeng, I'm impressed and disgusted your Gilga almost fully solos the ELT...

(*in tiny print, and totally jealous)

Rixa

Your Daily "oh shit" moment Gold to Rainbow:

Only to be Snow.

This is second time I get daily Rainbow. Last time it was during Lightning banner and I got Golbez. This time its during Lightning banner except Lighting is not in banner :/.

Dont get me wrong, its nice to get Snow from Gold to Rainbow but yeah again I get dupe unit from Rainbow that is not base 5* :p. This time it was banner unit anyways lol.

leehom

I have 8 Luna's, 6 Shantoto's, 5 Bartz, 6 Tellah, 4 Mustadio, and 4 Ingus.

How many of each TM should I go for? I already have 1 DH, so make that 4 Bartz.

Rixa

My opinions, other GAFers may have very different opinions :D

Luna -> One Barrage
Shantotto - Maybe 2 or 3. Depending are you using mages, if not then 0.
Tellah - +30% MP is nice to have but are you sure its ok to spend TM time to Tellah? If so maybe 1.
Mustadio - 1 Gun or do you have more units that wouls benefit from gun?
Ingus: - You need all 4 so it would make matter, but are you sure that getting this to 1 - 2 units is good time investment?

Honestly I would focus to something else in TM if you have. Some of those are nice TMs to have, if you dont have better things to farm.

Xion86

Morning all...

Daily pull..Sazh!! Wow, that was a surprising daily pull, got two of the banner units now, that should definitely help with the event a little. Was not expecting that at all.

Nice one on the TM bonkeng! Mines still only around 10% :( going to take a longgg time.

Just got a Gigantuar on my first run today too! Lucky start to the day.

Meh....just slightly better I guess..only going for a few of the items this time, like the abilities:

2wloeXOl.png

Dandte

Congrats!

I can't imagine how that feels. Anytime I get a rainbow (which is extremely rare), it's never what I expect. :(

Nice! Going to save my tickets for Orlandu...

Starting from today....which is one. Might only get ten or so saved up before his banner drops.

Grats on Gilgamesh!

Bad luck banner blues still haunting me.

Daily + 1 --> Adamant + Mustadio
Bonus Ticket from daily login reward --> Celes

Now 1 for 16 for hitting the banner this cycle. /grumble

Still, its a bit hard to be salty about pulling some nice TM units though (I'll find a way though, give it time).

Back to the salt mines... err Hanging Edge with my lone Sazh.

This is what its all about! Congrats!

Thanks! I hope i can create at least a decent gilgi so i can support ExviusGaf.

Daily was a second zidane. I already have a dual wield. Do i need two more from this zidane or only from gilgy?

Rixa

Thanks! I hope i can create at least a decent gilgi so i can support ExviusGaf.

Daily was a second zidane. I already have a dual wield. Do i need two more from this zidane or only from gilgy?

Optimal would be Dual Wielding party i.e. every member to have DW.
Grats for Zidane, it is avoiding me :(.

leehom

My opinions, other GAFers may have very different opinions :D

Luna -> One Barrage
Thanks, why only one barrage? I think DKC can and maybe another melee unit could use it in the future?

Why 4 letters and arms? Exdeath can only use 3 cuz of equip hat right? Or is it better to farm all four for him?

Well, this would be my third and fourth batch after my current one is finished. I'm currently TM farming solo characters, then I'll farm the ones with dupes cuz it'll go by alot faster.

Right now I'm working on 2 DC, DW, Saburfiku, and Rising Sun. Around 60. Each on DC, 71 on Dw, 81 on Rising Sun and 91 on Sabur. Next batch is going towards buffing Elza. So PoC, her weapon, Sod, and Gungnir.

bonkeng

Valentus and Bonkeng, I'm impressed and disgusted your Gilga almost fully solos the ELT...

(*in tiny print, and totally jealous)

Lol.

Luna = 1 since barrage is almost obsolete now.

Shantotto = 3 or 4 if you have an uber mage.

Bartz = 4 but don't prioritize. Gumi might change the materia stacking rule in Global and stacking DH is quite great.

Tellah = 1 coz not worth it

Mustadio = 1 since too few units can use guns

Ingus = 4 or nothing. You need to equip the low mag Enhancer over the Wizard Rod for this to work. So 4 Letters and Arms + Enhancer might be able to overcome a Wiz Rod + 4 30% Mag TM. Otherwise, you're better off with Shantotto's TM.

Morning all...

Daily pull..Sazh!! Wow, that was a surprising daily pull, got two of the banner units now, that should definitely help with the event a little. Was not expecting that at all.

Nice one on the TM bonkeng! Mines still only around 10% :( going to take a longgg time.

Thanks. Although i need to use some moogles. Figured i need the space as well.

Gratz on the banner pull. I've never gotten 1 yet, so I'm not farming it except for the daily 200 gears.

Rixa

Why 4 letters and arms? Exdeath can only use 3 cuz of equip hat right? Or is it better to farm all four for him?

I would do 4 Mag 30% instead of 3 L&A. There are more units that benefit from +30% MAG than there are L&A. Also use the unit calculator to count what you get with different abilities (Mag vs L&A). (Choose the tab "No pots").

I mean how many ATK + MAG weapons do you have? :). Mag 30% doesn't need extra tweaking to work.

leehom

I would do 4 Mag 30% instead of 3 L&A. There are more units that benefit from +30% MAG than there are L&A. Also use the unit calculator to count what you get with different abilities (Mag vs L&A). (Choose the tab "No pots").

I mean how many ATK + MAG weapons do you have? :). Mag 30% doesn't need extra tweaking to work.

Enhancer. Well, I used the calculator and it showed I would get more MAG with equip hat, enhancer and 3 L&A vs 4 mag 30%+. Maybe I should try 4 L&A vs 3 and equip hat.

Was considering building up two powerful mages in case there are future events or arena where mages are the star. I already have a mage team, but they're pretty weak. All max level except Exdeath, Kefka, Arc, Rydia, Golbez, and Tellah. I still have 2-3 more Arcs, but they're level 1 and I don't have the resources to level them.

Currently focusing on max'ing Exdeath first, Bartz, and Maxwell.

leehom

Luna = 1 since barrage is almost obsolete now.

Shantotto = 3 or 4 if you have an uber mage.

Bartz = 4 but don't prioritize. Gumi might change the materia stacking rule in Global and stacking DH is quite great.

Tellah = 1 coz not worth it

Mustadio = 1 since too few units can use guns

Ingus = 4 or nothing. You need to equip the low mag Enhancer over the Wizard Rod for this to work. So 4 Letters and Arms + Enhancer might be able to overcome a Wiz Rod + 4 30% Mag TM. Otherwise, you're better off with Shantotto's TM.
Thanks, you guys convinced me. Don't really need to TM farm Tellah and only need 1 barrage. I'll eventually farm the rest, after I have nothing else to farm. Which might take about half a year. I still want to farm DKC and some other equipment after the dupes.

Was considering two guns, but I guess one will suffice. I saw some people using them with Lightning, but my chances of ever pulling her are next to zero. I think it's better to equip her with a Subarifkiasu and BM instead.

Rixa

Enhancer. Well, I used the calculator and it showed I would get more MAG with equip hat, enhancer and 3 L&A vs 4 mag 30%+. Maybe I should try 4 L&A vs 3 and equip hat.

Was considering building up two powerful mages in case there are future events or arena where mages are the star. I already have a mage team, but they're pretty weak. All max level except Exdeath, Kefka, Arc, Rydia, Golbez, and Tellah. I still have 2-3 more Arcs, but they're level 1 and I don't have the resources to level them.

Currently focusing on max'ing Exdeath first, Bartz, and Maxwell.

Why would you use Equip Hat instead +30% mag?

Code:
Enhancer, Stellar Shield, Creepy Mask
EH + 3 x L&A:

Esper: Ramuh HP:2800 MP:6200 ATK:1600 DEF:1100 MAG:5900 SPR:4500
Total Stats: HP: 3149 MP: 312 ATK: 215 DEF: 220 MAG: 590 SPR: 181

4x L&A Some random helm

Total Stats: HP: 3149 MP: 297 ATK: 215 DEF: 235 [B]MAG: 633[/B] SPR: 191

30% MAG + 3x L&A

Total Stats: HP: 3149 MP: 297 ATK: 215 DEF: 235 MAG: 604 SPR: 191

4x 30% MAG Wizard Rod & Stellar Shield

Total Stats: HP: 3149 MP: 297 ATK: 151 DEF: 235 MAG: 566 SPR: 191

If you do it, do with 4x L&A & Enhancer + Stellar Shield. I guess your DPS units won't need Enhancer when its wielded by Exdeath.

KeRaSh

Daily was Sazh. At least I finally got a bonus unit. Not sure I want to keep pulling this banner just for bonus units. I can't really put another low level in my group anyways since then I'd have trouble clearing the stage.

Rixa

^^ Grats :).

This example is for Bartz, but I was wondering how great it would be in future 6* Firion.
Only thing from this build Iam missing is: DW

6* Firion gets this:
+30% ATK when equipped with Knuckle

Code:
Bartz 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Kaiser Knuckles +101ATK
Left Hand: Kaiser Knuckles +101ATK
Head: Black Cowl +28ATK+25DEF+25SPR+100%Sleep
Body: Black Belt Gi +8ATK+24DEF
Accessory 1: Champion's Belt +30ATK/DEF & 20%ATK/DEF w/ Fist weapon
Accessory 2: Champion's Belt +30ATK/DEF & 20%ATK/DEF w/ Fist weapon
Ability 1: Dual Wield Equip two single handed weapons
Ability 2: Seal of Destruction +20% ATK +20%MAG +10%HP
Ability 3: Seal of Destruction +20% ATK +20%MAG +10%HP
Ability 4: Power of Creation +30% ATK +30% MAG
Esper: Ifrit HP:4500 MP:2200 ATK:5100 DEF:2800 MAG:2100 SPR:2100
Total Stats: HP: 5212 MP: 185 ATK: 619 DEF: 322 MAG: 240 SPR: 175

Cause Firion doesn't have 6* in Global I cant use calculator for Firion.
Then the mobs I would use Firion build are 100% resist to Wind :p

KeRaSh

This example is for Bartz, but I was wondering how great it would be in future 6* Firion.

6* Firion gets this:

Code:
Bartz 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator

Could you link me the calculator please? I'd like to know how much better my Gilgamesh would be if I ever pull a Chorizo...

Syntsui

I'd say getting two guns from Mustard is a good future investment for Balthier. He is top tier.

Of course he will only come by the end of next year probably and there will will be dozens of opportunities to get other dps units that don't use guns.

Celegus

6* Firion gets this:

Code:
Bartz 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator

I think Firion would be better off equipping a second weapon type instead of two fists, wouldn't he? I don't think he gets the bonus from his passive twice from two of the same weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom