• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCIE

Banned
Alright, was weak and did an 11-pull on my ALT which has been struggling with just Lightning, Shantotto, Celes (x2), Garnett, and Charlotte to date. Along with Ludmille for TMR.

I did not get Ramza ;(

However, I am literally speechless with the draw

2 ExDeath, Locke, CoD, Bartz, CECIL, and AGRIAS!!! Oh, and four Mustadio and a Penello.

However, what do I do now? Have 5K Auracite from the event, and need to level Lightning. Also need the katana and shield, but don't have enough for all of it. I'm thinking the mats, and then we will see if I have enough time for the Katana

Cecil got the half dozen LB pots I've been saving up, LB4
Priority #1 is to level up Agrias for FB
Priority #2 is ExDeath at 4*
Priority #3 is Lightning 6* Awakening

However, still need to level CoD, Bartz, and finally my own Locke as well. Guess I'm on Cactuars for this account the rest of the weekend. Or I could do the ADV EXP to level instead. Thoughts?

TMR team is now

Cecil
Agrias
Ludmille

But don't know about last two spots here... Should I put the two Celes in the queue to get her LB faster, or Locke and Kain for their weapons?

This account may just become my primary if this luck continues. Haven't even gotten Shiva yet with this one, and have a long way to go

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Been thinking about this for a couple days, but I'm really leaning toward just automatically fusing dupes, no matter the TM. I'll never ever have time to farm TMs. So why not save room? Eh?

CCIE

Banned
Yeah, ALT may just be my new main. Would have liked Ramza, but did manage to get Agrias, and finally a Cecil! We'll see how the next few banners treat me on both accounts. With the primary at R60 it doesn't require much attention right now

Edit: Hippo, your luck isn't too shabby either! You now Have Lightning, Ramza, Delia, and Agrias by my count

bonkeng

Alright, was weak and did an 11-pull on my ALT which has been struggling with just Lightning, Shantotto, Celes (x2), Garnett, and Charlotte to date. Along with Ludmille for TMR.

I did not get Ramza ;(

2 ExDeath, Locke, CoD, Bartz, CECIL, and AGRIAS!!! Oh, and four Mustadio and a Penello.

However, what do I do now? Have 5K Auracite from the event, and need to level Lightning. Also need the katana and shield, but don't have enough for all of it. I'm thinking the mats, and then we will see if I have enough time for the Katana

However, still need to level CoD, Bartz, and finally my own Locke as well. Guess I'm on Cactuars for this account the rest of the weekend. Or I could do the ADV EXP to level instead. Thoughts?

TMR team is now

Cecil
Agrias
Ludmille

But don't know about last two spots here... Should I put the two Celes in the queue to get her LB faster, or Locke and Kain for their weapons?

This account may just become my primary if this luck continues. Haven't even gotten Shiva yet with this one, and have a long way to go
That's an even better pull than a Ramza.

Your Alt is already so much better than your main.

And welcome to the club of Alt is becoming main.

I'm going to abandon my main soon.

CCIE

Banned
Yeah, daily pull on my main was CRAP, as were the three tickets I spent chasing Agrias. Just dailies for the next week and maybe the luck will change. I don't think I will do additional dailies on the alternate though I still would like Ramza. Have to save up for the next 11-pull I want which will probably be the FF3 banner on both accounts.

Should I do an 11-pull on my main or continue to hoard? Have 12K lapis, but they are getting harder to come by. Most trophies are already done on that account.

Xion86

Congrats on everyones pulls!
Chilly that was really lucky as well, wow.

I got two Mustadio's today that was all, he seems to be the one you get often in this banner I guess.

In C-4 so far in Colosseum, not been finding it too bad so far with WoL, Kefka, Amarant, Leena and CoD.

By the way, I've just got Diablos to 2 star, what skills should I aim for? Darkside, Demon Killer or Man-Eater?

bonkeng

Congrats on everyones pulls!
Chilly that was really lucky as well, wow.

I got two Mustadio's today that was all, he seems to be the one you get often in this banner I guess.

In C-4 so far in Colosseum, not been finding it too bad so far with WoL, Kefka, Amarant, Leena and CoD.

By the way, I've just got Diablos to 2 star, what skills should I aim for? Darkside, Demon Killer or Man-Eater?

Man-eater and Killer passives should be your priority. Maybe Osmose too.

CCIE

Banned
Bonkeng - that is my plan currently. The primary account will need to throw some tickets at both the FFXIII banner and the FFIV banner (Lightning, Hope, and Cecil needed). It will probably be an 11-pull situation on the FF3 banner.

My ALT is going to have a LOT of Lapis by the time the FF3 banner comes around, because it just finished the Beginner level of Colosseum, and is still on the second island. I haven't even come close to getting top tier trophies for that account yet. Even better, no need to spend any lapis except on slots, and may throw a few dailies at the FFXIII banner but that is all. Should have quite a bit saved up by the time the FF3 banner hits. The lack of a mage that can actually wear robes is a bit of an issue, though.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I swear to god I just bought a rare ticket from the dumb mog king, went and spent it, got a big dumb gold crystal and god a stupid dumb Lani.

No more pulls on this dumb banner.

Xion86

Man-eater and Killer passives should be your priority. Maybe Osmose too.

PantherLotus, I feel your pain :p Been there...

I'm so glad I didn't get a Lightning when I went crazy trying to pull her, as now I don't care too much about pulls and just see what I get with Daily pulls. The team I have right now seems to be getting on with everything okay.

I usually just repeat the following:

Leena - Cheer (then Cura or Banish)
Warrior of Light - Full Break (maybe a Provoke in later turns if the enemy is quite tough)
Kefka - Hyperdrive (or Dualcast 2x Thundaga / Blizzaga if lots of enemies)
Amarant - Power Break (then Raging Fist maybe)
Cloud of Darkness - Armor Break (then Barrage all the way)

Xion86

It's bad that I've played Final Fantasy Tactics (many years ago though) and don't remember any of these characters :( haha. I remember there being so many!

bonkeng

I mean in reality, is Ramza that good a unit? Lol

Yes in his 6* form, Ramza's a great and versatile unit, easily top 3 in Global. Just don't compare it to japan's meta, they are so far ahead that even Lightning and Chizuru are old ladies there that nobody wants.

Bonkeng - that is my plan currently. The primary account will need to throw some tickets at both the FFXIII banner and the FFIV banner (Lightning, Hope, and Cecil needed). It will probably be an 11-pull situation on the FF3 banner.

My ALT is going to have a LOT of Lapis by the time the FF3 banner comes around, because it just finished the Beginner level of Colosseum, and is still on the second island. I haven't even come close to getting top tier trophies for that account yet. Even better, no need to spend any lapis except on slots, and may throw a few dailies at the FFXIII banner but that is all. Should have quite a bit saved up by the time the FF3 banner hits. The lack of a mage that can actually wear robes is a bit of an issue, though.

Only minor problemis the Hero Ring and TM farming that you've done on your main.

That's the reason it's so hard for me to let go of my main. I levelled my Cecil's LB to near max (17 now), HeroRing/TM farmed a lot, quests etc.

I hope you won't have a difficult decision when the time comes.

It's bad that I've played Final Fantasy Tactics (many years ago though) and don't remember any of these characters :( haha. I remember there being so many!

The name I can never forget: Marquis Elmdor.

Spent so many hours just trying to steal his Genji Equipments, with 1-5% chance per steal.

Rixa

No one answered this when asked before, but does it make any sense to get two of Mustadio's guns? Can you even dual wield those things?

Yes you can dual wield guns. Bows & Harps you cant.

Its your decision if you need 2 and want to spend time to it. I wouldn't do it. I dont have units that could use those. Well Medius & Firion but Firion has Excalibur and Medius is just Medius...

Reddit user rasfolt said:
Some notes from JP server about this banner: Mustadio's TM gun has gotten more praise recently in the JP server. This is because: *Amelia comes with innate gun-only DW, and is a good character. AND she's a maid come on. *Following from above, Amelia has a kick-ass maid fuku giving you mind-boggling 30% attack from mere clothing if you can equip guns. *Balthier, the newest innate 5-star in JP is an awesome gunner. *BTW, Lightning can equip guns, so it's a good weapon on her too.

I did not get Ramza ;(

TMR team is now

Cecil
Agrias
Ludmille

Now that's a good pull, congrats. Only thing I'd change on your list is to make Lightning priority #2. Her 6 star form with dual wield is just dumb. Dumb! She does so much damage it's insane.

c-murph

Its your decision if you need 2 and want to spend time to it. I wouldn't do it. I dont have units that could use those. Well Medius & Firion but Firion has Excalibur and Medius is just Medius...

Hey! My Medius has a Lv.8 LB!

Pew pew pew!

CCIE

Banned
Okay, ExDeath 4* is at L26 so that he has the -GA spells. Just replaced Shantotto in my lineup. Threw four cactuars into Agrias as well so she isn't tissue paper anymore. Now, the quandary. Do I run continue to run the cactuars, or do I pair Agrias with a strong Lightning friend and run the ADV EXP instead for not quite as much experience but a ton of megacrysts and megacyte as well?

I'm leaning toward the second, but how long does it take to run that dungeon... thirty battles is nothing to sneeze at, and I'm worried I won't make it through with just a Lightning friend.

Anyone done this?

So sounds like maybe it will be good to have 2 later. Will do 1 and keep 1 Mustadio left over to do one later.

bonkeng

No one answered this when asked before, but does it make any sense to get two of Mustadio's guns? Can you even dual wield those things?
Yes you can DW guns. But only a few can use guns for now, that's why it isn't as popular as those swords. Perfect on Lightning though, since she's holding a gun on her attack animation.

Now that's a good pull, congrats. Only thing I'd change on your list is to make Lightning priority #2. Her 6 star form with dual wield is just dumb. Dumb! She does so much damage it's insane.

It feels like a cheat code.

Yes you can DW guns. But only a few can use guns for now, that's why it isn't as popular as those swords. Perfect on Lightning though, since she's holding a gun on her attack animation.

Well I still don't have a Lightning nor do I expect to get her, but thank you guys for the information.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Looking at my dupes:

3x Almas
3x Ludmilles
2x Charlottes (1 maxed)
2x Lanis
2x Kefkas (1 maxed)
2x Leos (1 maxed)
2x Garlands (1 maxed)
2x Lunas
2x Shantottos (1 maxed)
3x Kains
2x Vivis (1 maxed)

Maaaaan I just don't need all of these, nor will I ever have time to TM farm for all of them, which is the only reason I'm keeping dupes. (Outside of Kefka).

Before I start fusing, anyone have advice on who I should absolutely not fuse for futureproof reasons? (other than Kefka, maybe Charlotte?)

CCIE

Banned
Ooh, didn't realize that Lightning can use guns... new plan for the TMR team. Four Mustadios and Cecil to level his LB as well. That way I don't have to worry if I cannot get the Katana from the event. Should be able to get dual guns for Lightning in pretty quick amount of time.

Looking at my dupes:

3x Almas
3x Ludmilles
2x Charlottes (1 maxed)
2x Lanis
2x Kefkas (1 maxed)
2x Leos (1 maxed)
2x Garlands (1 maxed)
2x Lunas
2x Shantottos (1 maxed)
3x Kains
2x Vivis (1 maxed)

Maaaaan I just don't need all of these, nor will I ever have time to TM farm for all of them, which is the only reason I'm keeping dupes. (Outside of Kefka).

Before I start fusing, anyone have advice on who I should absolutely not fuse for futureproof reasons? (other than Kefka, maybe Charlotte?)

Garland is the only one that is future proof other than Kefka.

Syntsui

Ooh, didn't realize that Lightning can use guns... new plan for the TMR team. Four Mustadios and Cecil to level his LB as well. That way I don't have to worry if I cannot get the Katana from the event. Should be able to get dual guns for Lightning in pretty quick amount of time.

Isn't this Katana great for future trial Gilgamesh? GET IT.

CCIE

Banned
Syntsui -

I will try to get the Katana, but I need the mats for Lightning first and foremost. Then I will try and get enough for the Katana. Just don't think I'm going to have enough time. Have 5K auracite right now, and I need to level Agrias for her FB. If I quit cactuars and run nothing but PRO, I MIGHT have enough time to do it. Don't think so though

If I level Agrias, I will definitely have enough time to finish the mats for Lightning.

Did four pulls on the banner so far. Daily pull was Penelo of course. Next two tickets where Lani and Maria. Some great luck to start the banner. I tried one more and got me an Agrias. Pretty happy about that and will probably swap out Vaan for her. Probably only going to do daily pulls for the rest of the banner.

Just saw your post Chilly. Sorry, I wasn't trying to rub it in or anything :(. Two Ramza pulls is pretty damn lucky. You'll get your Agrias I know it!

CCIE

Banned
Really, Chilly? You know you will pull Agrias, and now you can farm Ramza's awesome suit in half the time to boot.

Okay, seriously... did they nerf the sacred crystal farming in the INT Chamber of Awakening?? I used to get 1-3 per run, sometimes even more. On a very rare occasion, I would have a streak of two runs without any, but I've run it 7 times today and haven't gotten a single one.

What the dickens is going on??? My Agrias isn't going to awaken herself!

Lyrian

B-5 Clear....

Good god.... /deep breath

Ok. Cooler head time.

End of a Colosseum tier is always some kind of power creep check before the next tier. This one is no exception, either.

This time, the power creep check is simply raw HP totals.

The boss hits hard, stupid hard. Hard enough to one-shot 5* 80 mages. Oh, and by the way, it's 100% immune to Power Breaking just for increased trolling pleasure. You did remember to bring someone with Raise, right?

So, taunt onto your HP stacked tank and pray that RNG favors you and it doesn't roll a round where it misses your tank's Provoke and one-shots your raise or healer units.

Next, comes Destruction. This is straight up raw physical damage AoE, which seems to happen on the 5th or 6th turn. With Cheer up, expect all units to take between 2000-2500 damage. Pray for RNG to roll on the low end on your healers.

You do get a free turn to recover, should you live. However, you will quickly realize that after Destruction, that it dispels all debuffs on it AND becomes immune to ALL breaks for the rest of the fight. At that point, the only tactic left is burn it before it burns you.

-----------
Possible Strategies:

-- Damage Race:

*** It's weak to Man-Slayer and Fire and only has 46k health. It is possible you can glass cannon this and roll the dice here. Taunt on a tank and pray for favorable provoking dice rolls. If it's not dead by Destruction, gg.

-- Tank It Out:

*** Before Destruction, it is 50% resistant (but not immune) to Blind and Paralyze. IF (and this is a big IF) you can get one of these to stick, you can ensure that you will generally live until Destruction and maybe be able to mostly burn it down before Destruction arrives.

*** Count turns and defend on a turn that Destruction is expected to survive it (or ensure that your units all have at least a HP +15% (or 2 10%) on it to endure the hit.

*** Burn hard after Destruction (you're probably starting to run low on MP at this point anyways, pressing the issue).

Up up down down left right left right b a start?

Who's old enough to remember that? Did I just show my age lol?

across

Making me want to pull, but I WILL HOLD STRONG.

If it helps, you can use my data as a splash of cold water - two 5k pulls (leaving me with a grand total of 75 lapis!) and 45 tickets into this banner. A week ago or so I had one 5k pull and 15 tickets earmarked for this banner, plus 7 daily pulls. After a week of the Orbonne Monastery, though, I'm burning out on the game and it was something of a "why not, let's just go all in" moment.

Notables - and I'm using the term generously here - my first and second Luna, my second Hayate, second Cecil (4*, so can't even use him for LB farming, though a second Excalibur is a second Excalibur), two more Shantottos (bringing my total up to 4), 17 Mustadios (really) and a single Agrias - with my final and 45th ticket. No new 3* units like Bartz or Exdeath or Terra or what have you.

I'm not especially mad or disappointed, as it's exactly what I expected - well, if I'm honest, I didn't expect to need 67 pulls for one Agrias, but overall no surprises. I think I'm likely done - on balance an enjoyable enough foray into gacha gaming (my first mobile game!) but my time with it is up.

I had a good time (primarily) lurking in this thread, as well. Good luck to everyone on present & future banners!

c-murph

Getting so close to my first Premium TM.

Team Alma #1 currently sits at - 9.5, 10.0, 10.4, 11.1, and 11.3. Need them all to equal 80% then I can combine them for some Lordly Robey goodness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom