• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDarkness

You will never be in a situation where you're going to be locked out of awakening a unit to 6 lol

Really? I guess they're going to be rolling these events every two weeks which will allow us to gather up 6* mats? I hope that's the case since I'm farming for them now and I'm sooooooooo tired of this event. Heh, heh.

bonkeng

so true

I suppose Ill push to grab second wind and medicate instead (though they do take up a valuable materia slot)

how big is the second wind bonus again? Also how much MP does it use? Could be awesome to single target boost the main DPS unit instead of wasting 3 turns singing

Or, you know, you can just use Cheer for an AoE buff instead of Second Wind or Hero Rime.

Cheer = AoE +40% atk/def for 3 Turns

Hero Rime = AoE +40% atk/def/mag/spr 3 Turns

Second Wind = ST +50% atk/mag 3 Turns

For a mage party:

Focus = AoE +40% mag/spr 3 Turns

Folstern

Second WInd is not worth it unless you are a completionist and just want to have it for the sake of completing your collection. It takes up a materia slot and will not be enhanced. A better investment is buying up 6* materials.

Second WInd is not worth it unless you are a completionist and just want to have it for the sake of completing your collection. It takes up a materia slot and will not be enhanced. A better investment is buying up 6* materials.

In general and long term, yes. But it wouldn't HURT to have it currently. It also depends on how far level wise you can get once awakening to 6* at this point.

CCIE

Banned
Almost have the mats for the Katana on my ALT... Shield next. Holy crap at the EXP requirements to go from L90-100 in this game. Have to find Nomidor's Lightning and try to solo ELT with her. Wish it would come up in my FL. R42 coming up in the next hour - 20 levels since the event started is insane.

Almost have the mats for the Katana on my ALT... Shield next. Holy crap at the EXP requirements to go from L90-100 in this game. Have to find Nomidor's Lightning and try to solo ELT with her. Wish it would come up in my FL. R42 coming up in the next hour - 20 levels since the event started is insane.

Yeah there was no way in hell I could have done it without the Exp Event >.<

Whales

Banned
I wish I could pull a full break unit from the current banner.

Everytime I see a gold crystal i'm like ''please be Agrias!!!'' only to meet Krile or Penelo :/

EDarkness

I wish I could pull a full break unit from the current banner.

Everytime I see a gold crystal i'm like ''please be Agrias!!!'' only to meet Krile or Penelo :/

Man, I got two gold crystals back to back and they were both crap. This game really loves trolling people.

Lyrian

S-3 was a pushover compared to S-2.

Woot for crappy balancing.

Onto S-4. Word is that S-4 is the worst tier in the whole Colosseum. /gulp

Damn guys

You keep messing with my decisions

12 mp for a 50% boost seems useful for long term engagements

Otherwise cgeer gets the job done.

The lack of enhancement though is a kicker

What enhancements does Ramza get access to?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
everyone complaining, how many rainbow banners have you pulled since you started?

because i've pulled zero

so maybe take your CoD and shove it in your Kefka, k

leehom

The wyrms on ADV S4.....#@&@#^&*^@#&@*#^&@, lost five battles in a roll. Had a few close ones, but NooOOOOOOOooooo my people will not hit them (barrage) for the finishing blow and leaves them alive at the end of the round without fail.The windstorm? spell decimates my team....

The wyrms are blinded/full break and I have cheer on. They still destroy me.

Baraerora is a must if you don't have a 6* unit.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Unsure how many Dualcasts I should get. I could potentially get 4(4 Luds), but I know that will only be for a rainy day. But it would be excellent to equip an entire party with them for things like the FFT banner and such.

But really, 2 seems enough, 3 maybe.(Healer, Tank, Support, Mage, could all use it)

Unsure how many Dualcasts I should get. I could potentially get 4(4 Luds), but I know that will only be for a rainy day. But it would be excellent to equip an entire party with them for things like the FFT banner and such.

But really, 2 seems enough, 3 maybe.(Healer, Tank, Support, Mage, could all use it)

Definitely 2, without question. Three might be great for a rainy day though!

scarlet

1 for your healer, 2 if you don't have black mage with dual cast?

I have 5 luds and 2 exdeaths with inner dual cast at 6*, so I'm just trying to get 1 or 2 dual cast.

CCIE

Banned
Woohoo!!! I'm at R44, and shooting for R50 on my ALT before the end of the event. The stat increases Lightning gets after L90 are pretty severe. L94 and counting... Have the mats for the Katana, and have begun crafting. Almost have most of the mats for shield as well. May begin doing the ADV EXP to increase my magicite and megacryst count in the evenings - have the HR recipe with no grinding, and need to start making some rings.

I'm on the road for work, and don't get to see my baby this week anyway. I'm pretty sure I am going to easily get everything I want out of the event at this point. Hurray for rank-ups!

Still on the second island, but am finally about to finish it, probably in the next round of dailies. Could probably solo the content with Lightning she is so OP.

On the PRI account, I have decided that I will do an 11-pull in an attempt at Ramza or Agrias, and another on the FFXIII banner, for a shot at Lightning/Snow/Hope. I'm pretty sure I should still have enough to do an 11-pull on FFIII as well when the time comes - if not, I will probably buy some lapis. If after all that, I still haven't gotten any of the premium units that are coming up, that account will become my ALT. Working my way through S-3. These S-ranks are no joke... Beat the S-2 boss on my first try, though I limped to the finish line. Charlotte with Provoke for the win!

Celegus

everyone complaining, how many rainbow banners have you pulled since you started?

because i've pulled zero

so maybe take your CoD and shove it in your Kefka, k

I'm still waiting for my first base 4*...

Finished up all the tickets and quartz for the event, guess I'll grab some pre-emptive awakening mats with the rest. The rank xp was the best part though, up to 59!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
1 for your healer, 2 if you don't have black mage with dual cast?

I have 5 luds and 2 exdeaths with inner dual cast at 6*, so I'm just trying to get 1 or 2 dual cast.

No Exdeath

Honestly, I could see it being fantastic to slap on a tank or support.

I'm issue is, combing the lot. I.E. 2 for 2 to really reduce down on it.

Farming 2 at 47.5% would be they would be done by the end of the month. I may farm two now, combine and leave the other two for later. 4 is over kill for sure.

Edit: More thought into it, I think the last train is the best. Farm one now for the healer. See where I'm at in a month or two for the 2nd/3rd? By mid Nov(Dualcast, Blade Mastery, Dual Wield, Magic Staff, and one 30% MAG should all be done.

leehom

Go for all four. There could be events like this current one where mages are the stars. Even in PvP battles, it looks like mages is the easier way to advance.

CCIE

Banned
On my ALT, I only have 1 Ludmille, so the farming for DC is going to suck! OTOH, I have two ExDeath and no other mages yet, so the DC is reserved for my future Refia ( Have to think positively here )

Will be back to TMR farming heavily after the event is over. Will begin TMR on my ALT with the hopes of a quick Pistol from Mustadio. Mustadio x5. Here is hoping there is no event this upcoming weekend. <fingers crossed>

scarlet

The wyrms on ADV S4.....#@&@#^&*^@#&@*#^&@, lost five battles in a roll. Had a few close ones, but NooOOOOOOOooooo my people will not hit them (barrage) for the finishing blow and leaves them alive at the end of the round without fail.The windstorm? spell decimates my team....

I just beaten it in my 1st try. Forgot to cast baraerora so my WoL died. But the others were alive, so it was fine.

2 dual breakers is the key.

Edit: apparently my baraerora was still active and saved my other unit.

On my ALT, I only have 1 Ludmille, so the farming for DC is going to SUCK! OTOH, I have two ExDeath and no other mages yet, so the DC is reserved for my future Refia ( Have to think positively here )

Will be back to TMR farming heavily after the event is over. Will begin TMR on my ALT with the hopes of a quick Pistol from Mustadio. Mustadio x5. Here is hoping there is no event this upcoming weekend. <fingers crossed>

Yeah tbh I'm all event'd out >.<

Need to finish up on Doublehand and Ageis Shield lol

Lyrian

Cleared the Wyrms (aka supposedly the hardest fight in the colosseum) just now.

-- The Wyrms can be silenced. This will prevent Needle Breath when they are at low life.

-- Don't try to kill both of them at once! 2x Needle Breath = Wipe

-- Unequip Golem! Needle Breath on your tank with Golem = dead tank, even with wind resist up. Keep everything full broken at all times. (Yes, that means that the first turn is going to be very nasty.)

-- Bring a raiser in preparation for bad RNG occuring and a caster getting munched.

-- HP Check! You should be around 2400-2500 HP on all your units (even casters). They have to be able to survive Needle Breath and/or a melee attack from a full broken Wyrm.

Slow and steady wins this race. Try to get one down as fast as possible. If you have Kefka with you, Hyperdrive one of them constantly until it is dead. Once one of them is down, the fight becomes simple to win.

Kettch

I'm farming up all of the 6* materials that I can, despite not having Lightning/Ramza/Delita.

So many characters should be getting upgrades soon. Cecil, Cloud of Darkness, Bartz and Exdeath just in the next 2 months or so.

I don't want to have to choose between getting materials and other stuff like tickets in future events.

Malakhov

Banned
How do you guys/gals feel about equiping the golden staff (+48spr) to Charlotte? I mean she's useless as far as attack is concerned, it would give her an impressive boost to resisting magic. And on the other hand, for the healer, there's always a ton of possibilites to get your SPR elsewhere.

Why didn't you guys tell me Golbez was broken in the colosseum? Binding Cold paralyzes everything(at least in A rank)

And Bone Dragon boss beat the breaks off my Charlotte, luckily it got full break'd after that and got barraged to death.

scarlet

Why didn't you guys tell me Golbez was broken in the colosseum? Binding Cold paralyzes everything(at least in A rank)

And Bone Dragon bone boss beat the breaks off my Charlotte, luckily it got full break'd after that and got barraged to death.

You can insta kill the boss with raise (terra/tellah).

Malakhov

Banned
Charlotte is like a turtle with that staff. Insane DEF and SPR. I think I will replace my WoL with her on my main account as well.

KeRaSh

Tried beating the dinosaur in the Farplane because why not? Got my ass handed to me.
Leo, Cecil, Ramza, Ex-Death and Tellah all 5* max level. What am I missing?

bonkeng

Tried beating Intangir in the Farplane because why not? Got my ass handed to me.
Leo, Cecil, Ramza, Ex-Death and Tellah all 5* max level. What am I missing?

Wait, Intangir is in the Vortex, so you can bring along a friend.

Take an OP Lightning friend with you, like Valentus'.

Rixa

We get Orlandeau this week, right? I got Mustadio and Agrias already and don't really care about Ramza. Might just hold off on the discounted dailies and wait for Orlandeau to drop, then blow all the tickets and lapis I have chasing him.

I'd also like a bit of guidance from the more serious players here; I've fallen behind considerably and don't have any of the nicer equipment. Best weapons are the sword you get from the silver dragon and the mace from the mooncake event. I see people on my list with upwards of 400 attack, so clearly I've gotta get my ass in gear if I want to keep progressing through this content.

What do you guys recommend I do? I have (I think) a pretty good party comprised of Chiz, Leo, Kefka, CoD, Fina, and Golbez. I' m working on Agrias, and have Zidane, Vaan, Lenna, Tellah, Shantoto, and Locke to work on. I saw that Lenna is a good healer, so I'll probably work on her next. I've completely ignored the 6* dungeon because I have no 6* units as far as I'm aware. I've also ignored the side-quests, so I still only have the first two espers and they're woefully under-leveled. I do run Phantom Forest from time to time and don't seem to be getting the windfall of Magicite people mentioned before, but maybe they gimped it or I've just been getting Magicite for other espers.

Trust farmers: How easy is this to set up in Nox or whatever emulator is preferred among macro'ers?

Oh, okay. Well, I'll save up for the new banner anyway.

I tried Memu first and the performance left much to be desired, but if I have it running in the background it's not really a big deal anyway.

But I don't really understand how the TM grind approach works; I know with normal gameplay you can get a 0.1% bump every now and then for a character. What's the preferred mode/method? What happens when you run out of energy, which is inevitable? Wait and repeat, or does the macro handle that? Should I focus on building rank for more attempts?
Since noone has answered to your questions, here are some thoughts of mine:

I suggest in the future you do those event dungeons (atleast some runs & go to check what prizes Mog King has) even you dont have any of those 6*. They give much more, there was 10 Summon tickets to grab, really nice Katana (for Chiz for example) & ok Shield and 10 Star Quarz. Obviously to get them all you needed to grind event (good - exceptional rank exp btw). But yeah so much more in prices than only those awakening mats to 6*. Also those mats can be used to future 6* units (like CoD, Chiz).

Thing you should do:
- Level Lenna asap and kick Fina from party. Lenna is Fina in steroids ;).

Party suggestion (story):
DPS

- Chiz, Leo, Vaan, CoD , Lenna
* Chiz dps
* Leo / Agrias tank role
* CoD dps
* Vaan Full Break, back up healer (slap Cura to Vaan) if needed
* Lenna Cheer + healing (Curaja)

- If Leo is max 5* leveled, focus getting Lenna to 5* max level after that focus to Agrias
- In order to get full use from Cheer (Lenna has cheer too) go with 4x dps

Mageish (Orbonne monastery event for example)

- Vaan, Kefka, Golbez, Tellah, Lenna
* Vaan
- 1st turn Focus, 2nd turn Full Break (depending fight, this is how I do it in ADV Colosseum)
* Kefka, Golbez, Tellah
- After Vaan has cast focus, these 3 cast element chain (Blizzaga or Thundaga).
* Lenna
- Healing, status cleaning
** Shantotto
- IF healer is not needed and you dont have better mage, use Shantotto to take part to Element chaining

Tankish (ADV colosseum)

- Vaan, Lenna, Kefka, Tellah / Golbez Leo/Agrias (or both)

1st turn in this order
- Vaan Focus
- Lenna Cheer
- Golbez Binding Cold (paralyzing aoe), other mage does GA spell (or some debuff)
- Leo / Agrias defend

Phantom Forest - Exploration gives only "Green Magicites / Megacites", use them to level your Espers (don't level Siren at this point).

I farm trust heavily, but cant say anything about emulators sorry :/.

- I do TM farming manually, I run Earth Shrine - Entrance (2 battles), its fastest to clear and I dont plan to get Limit Break skills in those runs (Using LB takes more time and you need to run Earth Shrine - Exit, 3 battles, thus its longer).

- It takes average of 10000 Earth Shrine runs to get TM from 0% to 100%, it varies, some do it 9000 runs and some take much more runs than 10000, its all about rng.

- Average is 0.1% TM raise for every 10 nrg you use.

- TM farming is slow, when I had 50-55 nrg max, it took around 40 - 46 days to get TMs to 100%.

Not sure how high daily TM% you get if you run TM with emulator and do cheapest daily quests every day. My guess is around 3-5% depending nrg max.

Edit: Nice avatar :)

Wazzy

Banned
Hi Wazzy! I never thought I'd play a serious Cell phone game until I found out about this game ha I'm being patient with our FFVIII characters because the later they come out, the more powerful they'll be :D As for characters or "units" to roll for, if you mean roll them at 5* right off the bat then no, that's rare but if you mean units that can achieve 5*, then yes.

This isn't an end all be all but here's an idea of rankings:https://exviuswiki.com/Unit_Rankings Note that there are some units worth keeping because of their Trade Mastery even if they aren't effective in battle. If you have any questions about the units you pull being good, just ask here. Also, Ramza is a tough unit to pull so don't stress out if you don't get him.

<3

Ahhh thank you! I'm definitely wanting VIII characters the most too and will restart my whole account to get them if I don't have enough to pull them by then. I'm going to reroll until I pull something decent off that ranking. I got Agrias which was nice but I really want a great starting character.

chrono01

Ahhh thank you! I'm definitely wanting VIII characters the most too and will restart my whole account to get them if I don't have enough to pull them by then. I'm going to reroll until I pull something decent off that ranking. I got Agrias which was nice but I really want a great starting character.
If you really want a great starting character, aim for Lightning. I know, it's a lot to ask, given that she's rare enough as it is and isn't even given a boost now thanks to her not being on her banner, but she's amazing and the best (current) 6* in-game. Delita/Ramza are great too, and if you really like Ramza, go for him! Whatever you're best interested in. :)

Of course, knowing your luck, you'll get Lightning in the next re-roll, along with Ramza. I know how you work.

Wazzy

Banned
If you really want a great starting character, aim for Lightning. I know, it's a lot to ask, given that she's rare enough as it is and isn't even given a boost now thanks to her not being on her banner, but she's amazing and the best (current) 6* in-game. Delita/Ramza are great too, and if you really like Ramza, go for him! Whatever you're best interested in. :)

Of course, knowing your luck, you'll get Lightning in the next re-roll, along with Ramza. I know how you work.
I just pulled him!

I was able to get Agrias, Krile, Shadow and Cloud Of Darkness. I don't really care for Lightning and would have liked Delita as well but I'll take these units.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom