• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just started this because I heard that at some point some of my favourite characters might get added. The thing I'm wondering is if I should reroll until I get a 5* unit? I would like Ramza but I'm not really sure what units are good in this game.

I pulled Rydia but she is only 4*.
Hi Wazzy! I never thought I'd play a serious Cell phone game until I found out about this game ha I'm being patient with our FFVIII characters because the later they come out, the more powerful they'll be :D As for characters or "units" to roll for, if you mean roll them at 5* right off the bat then no, that's rare but if you mean units that can achieve 5*, then yes.

This isn't an end all be all but here's an idea of rankings:https://exviuswiki.com/Unit_Rankings Note that there are some units worth keeping because of their Trade Mastery even if they aren't effective in battle. If you have any questions about the units you pull being good, just ask here. Also, Ramza is a tough unit to pull so don't stress out if you don't get him.

ULTEMECIA WILL BE THE GREATEST MAGE OF THEM ALL

<3

Azuran

Banned
Some people couldn't care less about unit power or the min/max crap some of us do. A lot of people in here talk about having to HAVE TMR's (You don't) and having nothing but top tier units (You don't). Are those units good? No, no they aren't but at least with current content you can clear it with some of them. I actually have a mostly shit tier party in terms of power I use from time to time because it has some of my favorite units in it. Edgar/Vivi/Celes/Freya/Garnet. I have been able to clear everything with them with no issues.

If someone is asking about rerolling, chances are that they do care about min/maxing their team.

And let's be honest, even if they reroll for the best, people will end up getting all of those units anyways and they will completely hate the game for it. There's only so much nostalgia can do when you actually want to get through the game. Telling a beginner to stick with Vivi because it could be their favorite character is absolutely bad advice.

If someone is asking about rerolling, chances are that they do care about min/maxing their team.

And let's be honest, even if they reroll for the best, people will end up getting all of those units anyways and they will completely hate the game for it. There's only so much nostalgia can do when you actually want to get through the game. Telling a beginner to stick with Vivi because it could be their favorite character is absolutely bad advice.

....when did I say if someone is asking to reroll to not do that? I said it is possible to play the game without getting the top tier units in the game as well as not using TM's. Hell, the story characters alone with whatever you pull are enough to beat the actual story content. If someone is asking about rerolling they clearly care about unit power and they do not apply to what I am saying. If someone asks if they can clear the game with shit units the answer is yes. Anyway I am not getting into a debate about this as it doesn't matter what you, myself or anyone else says because people play the game their own way. I just want to point out that getting a full party of Lightning/Ramza/Delita with 6 Excaliburs isn't necessary....although that would be pretty cool ;P

Felt like we were all getting along better when Chilly was getting bad pulls

chilly do your thing

We are getting along! Just had an opinion on something I still love you all. Also don't put that voodoo on Chilly...actually let's put the voodoo of him pulling nothing but Lightning for the rest of time. Literally every time he pulls...it's fucking Lightning...

Lyrian

How do you fare in ADV Colosseum, ELT Tactics event and Dirnardo continent bossess fights with these units?

I understand your point, but you have to understand that we are in a closed community that pretty much plays it as hardcore as possible, so the mentality here favors having the best possible units and equipments.

Well then.... glad you asked :)

Perhaps, I believe, your definition of "hardcore" is a bit narrow.

Well, let's start off with your question, shall we?

MXMxUee.png

That was on DAY ONE of Brachiosaurus release. Oops, that poor little Rydia shouldn't be there. She's not meta. My bad. That's **FAR** harder than anything Dirnado has to off.

ELT FFT? Don't have a pic of that, as I stopped farming ELT ages ago in favor of rank XP. Trivially easy to achieve though, as with any mage team that can clear ELT, no one ever gets hit. Slotting her into the Blizzaga chain would be no problem at all.

Now, ADV Colloseum may hold a bit of water, but I can still see it happen. With a solid tank that can keep attacks on it and not attack the mages, as long as the damage out happens, it's viable.

--- Yes, hardcore can mean clearing the hardest content possible. BUT, it can also mean clearing content with units that are supposed to have "no business" ever clearing difficult content. Remember Valentus's Shadow of Death, anyone?

Each and every person that is a veteran of this thread defines how they are hardcore in their own way.

You may favor the mentality that only the top-most meta units are worth dusting off the bench, but not everyone else does.

If you tell me, I can't clear X with non meta units, my answer is going to be Challenge Accepted, and so will many other people. Look at all the people that are clearing ELT FFT using a completely free friend point unit on their teams.

Therefore, I would strongly disagree with your near-sighted definition of "hardcore" in this form.

Zf8pKWg.png

Thirteen down, two to go. Soon, the double lunar eclipse will occur...

tuffymon

That's a much higher meta party than I had when I beat Intangir (I'd have to go back to the other thread to find the picture, but it was Clyne, Cyan, Firion, Terra, Locke, and a WoL friend). When the dino fight came out, you're party still had 3/5 on the top lists, with arty being just slightly pushed off the dps...

Cyan and Sabin are probably my favorite characters through all ff's, being limited to 4 stars really hurts (mostly hp wise) after a period of time through the story and extra content. They just can't hang.

Overall, there is a limit how far the freebie stuff can go.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
1. I have 51 star quartz ... buy the earrings?

2. Gonna farm fire stuff for the hero ring recipe (where is best? I only need 3) but serious question: who do you have wear it? Mage? support?

tuffymon

1. I have 51 star quartz ... buy the earrings?

2. Gonna farm fire stuff for the hero ring recipe (where is best? I only need 3) but serious question: who do you have wear it? Mage? support?

Answering 2, I throw it on the strongest unit, but realistically, you could consider it best on a mage since other than earrings, theirs nothing for that slot. Whereas for a physical type, a hyper wrist is usually pretty close for MOST units.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Also: hardcore to ME means

-- You've finished the main story
-- you seek out places to talk about it
-- you have top-tier event-specific equipment
-- you have at least one top 5, maxed 5* for each: Hitter, Mage, Healer, Support, Tank
-- you've been both excited and devastated by a gold crystal
-- you're either trying or finding ways to maximize NRG and Lapis usage
-- you're experimenting with 2nd tier units to find fun combos

Which means I'm almost hardcore, except for that last thing because I don't have time. and yeah this is a totally FTP version of "harcore"

Whales

Banned
talking about future banners, tried to look up the FFX one bht I can't find anything (even in jp)?

whos in it? Tidus rikku and?

Im gonna save all my lapis for that one. I fucking love FFX

Well then.... glad you asked :)

Perhaps, I believe, your definition of "hardcore" is a bit narrow.

Well, let's start off with your question, shall we?

That was on DAY ONE of Brachiosaurus release. Oops, that poor little Rydia shouldn't be there. She's not meta. My bad. That's **FAR** harder than anything Dirnado has to off.

ELT FFT? Don't have a pic of that, as I stopped farming ELT ages ago in favor of rank XP. Trivially easy to achieve though, as with any mage team that can clear ELT, no one ever gets hit. Slotting her into the Blizzaga chain would be no problem at all.

Now, ADV Colloseum may hold a bit of water, but I can still see it happen. With a solid tank that can keep attacks on it and not attack the mages, as long as the damage out happens, it's viable.

--- Yes, hardcore can mean clearing the hardest content possible. BUT, it can also mean clearing content with units that are supposed to have "no business" ever clearing difficult content. Remember Valentus's Shadow of Death, anyone?

Each and every person that is a veteran of this thread defines how they are hardcore in their own way.

You may favor the mentality that only the top-most meta units are worth dusting off the bench, but not everyone else does.

If you tell me, I can't clear X with non meta units, my answer is going to be Challenge Accepted, and so will many other people. Look at all the people that are clearing ELT FFT using a completely free friend point unit on their teams.

Therefore, I would strongly disagree with your near-sighted definition of "hardcore" in this form.

I <3 you Lyrian lol Good show!

Felt like we were all getting along better when Chilly was getting bad pulls

chilly do your thing

I'll kill you and when you're dead I'll kill you again!!!

We are getting along! Just had an opinion on something I still love you all. Also don't put that voodoo on Chilly...actually let's put the voodoo of him pulling nothing but Lightning for the rest of time. Literally every time he pulls...it's fucking Lightning...

You're next!!!

And yeah I really really want Tidus' sword but...idk, don't have much of a draw for those characters.

I swear to god Ramza has the worst fucking LB I have ever come across. Increase Mag & Att by 40% base. It increases with levels of course but starting at 5*? Come on!!

Which is interesting that his exclusive materia is the same thing, as an ability, except that it increase by 50%...

HMMMMMM

Razmos

Damn, I really underestimated Ramza's Hero's Rime ability, I thought Brave/Faith/Shell/Protect were 40% stat increases, but they are actually 20%. So Hero's Rime is double the strength of all those buffs together and it affects the whole party. Sure it renders him useless, but buffing is pretty much all he does anyway. That stat increase is nuts.

And did I hear that there is a way to upgrade it to 100% increase? That's insane.

Damn, I really underestimated Ramza's Hero's Rime ability, I thought Brave/Faith/Shell/Protect were 40% stat increases, but they are actually 20%. So Hero's Rime is double the strength of all those buffs together and it affects the whole party. Sure it renders him useless, but buffing is pretty much all he does anyway. That stat increase is nuts.

And did I hear that there is a way to upgrade it to 100% increase? That's insane.

HELLO, AND WELCOME

Hell of a thing aint it? :)

Why the hell did they make Riku a healer? Why?!?

Bitch spends her time throwin potions around anyway, might as well!

Xion86

Okay bought the mats for the sword now too and it's being crafted. So now I have a choice of getting Second Wind and Crush Armour (not got the characters yet though..), or stock up on 6 star awakening items hmm....

robotuw

Finally bought and spent the last event ticket (screw you gold Hayate!). That's it for me and this event. Never thought I'd be glad to go back to TM farming.

Takuan

We get Orlandeau this week, right? I got Mustadio and Agrias already and don't really care about Ramza. Might just hold off on the discounted dailies and wait for Orlandeau to drop, then blow all the tickets and lapis I have chasing him.

I'd also like a bit of guidance from the more serious players here; I've fallen behind considerably and don't have any of the nicer equipment. Best weapons are the sword you get from the silver dragon and the mace from the mooncake event. I see people on my list with upwards of 400 attack, so clearly I've gotta get my ass in gear if I want to keep progressing through this content.

What do you guys recommend I do? I have (I think) a pretty good party comprised of Chiz, Leo, Kefka, CoD, Fina, and Golbez. I' m working on Agrias, and have Zidane, Vaan, Lenna, Tellah, Shantoto, and Locke to work on. I saw that Lenna is a good healer, so I'll probably work on her next. I've completely ignored the 6* dungeon because I have no 6* units as far as I'm aware. I've also ignored the side-quests, so I still only have the first two espers and they're woefully under-leveled. I do run Phantom Forest from time to time and don't seem to be getting the windfall of Magicite people mentioned before, but maybe they gimped it or I've just been getting Magicite for other espers.

Trust farmers: How easy is this to set up in Nox or whatever emulator is preferred among macro'ers?

Noooo, Orlandu is not for a long time in Global.

Nox no longer works, people are using Memu now. It's very easy to set up, I'm setting up a new macro right now as I type this lol. Just takes a few clicks
Oh, okay. Well, I'll save up for the new banner anyway.

I tried Memu first and the performance left much to be desired, but if I have it running in the background it's not really a big deal anyway.

But I don't really understand how the TM grind approach works; I know with normal gameplay you can get a 0.1% bump every now and then for a character. What's the preferred mode/method? What happens when you run out of energy, which is inevitable? Wait and repeat, or does the macro handle that? Should I focus on building rank for more attempts?

Xion86

Onto A-1! Here we go.

Takuan, definitely stick to Leena, been using her for so long, love her! Some very handy spells. Use Memu not NoX now.

You're lucky you have Chiz! I didn't get lucky enough to get her :(. I'm with Warrior of Light, Cloud of Darkness, Kefka, a Leena and Amarant. Did you finish the story so far yet?

Razmos

We get Orlandeau this week, right? I got Mustadio and Agrias already and don't really care about Ramza. Might just hold off on the discounted dailies and wait for Orlandeau to drop, then blow all the tickets and lapis I have chasing him.

Trust farmers: How easy is this to set up in Nox or whatever emulator is preferred among macro'ers?

Nox no longer works, people are using Memu now. It's very easy to set up, I'm setting up a new macro right now as I type this lol. Just takes a few clicks

EDarkness

Does anyone know if Bluestacks works as well as MEmu for Mac OS?

I swear to god Ramza has the worst fucking LB I have ever come across. Increase Mag & Att by 40% base. It increases with levels of course but starting at 5*? Come on!!

Which is interesting that his exclusive materia is the same thing, as an ability, except that it increase by 50%...

HMMMMMM

Shhiiiiiittt

should i forgo getting him to 6 star and get the ability then?

Onto A-1! Here we go.

Takuan, definitely stick to Leena, been using her for so long, love her! Some very handy spells. Use Memu not NoX now.

You're lucky you have Chiz! I didn't get lucky enough to get her :(. I'm with Warrior of Light, Cloud of Darkness, Kefka, a Leena and Amarant. Did you finish the story so far yet?

I can assure you that your WoL pull is far better in the long run than a Chiz lol

Heh, maybe in YOUR game, but in mine she was my second best attacker behind Tidus. To see her turned into a healer is sad. :(

Well maybe she can do both >.>

Shhiiiiiittt

should i forgo getting him to 6 star and get the ability then?

Thats a tough one. I think it might be a short term loss long term gang in a way. You are going to be able to get him to 6 and level him again...not sure if the materia is coming back. LIkewise however I'm not sure if the ability itself outweighs simply singing.

EDarkness

Thanks for the information, guys. I'm gonna look at some options tonight and figure out which one would be better for me. I'm also thinking about upgrading to Mac OS Sierra, so I'm worried that if I update then either program will stop working. I'll figure it out over the next couple of days. I take it to play with my account, I'll have to link to Facebook as well?

I can assure you that your WoL pull is far better in the long run than a Chiz lol

Well maybe she can do both >.>

Thats a tough one. I think it might be a short term loss long term gang in a way. You are going to be able to get him to 6 and level him again...not sure if the materia is coming back. LIkewise however I'm not sure if the ability itself outweighs simply singing.

Uggghhh i suppose ill see just how much auracite I can grind out and make the executive decision then

I mean... Im sure they are gonna have a consistent way to get awakening materials from here on out so it might be a good idea to grab that stuff

Uggghhh i suppose ill see just how much auracite I can grind out and make the executive decision then

I mean... Im sure they are gonna have a consistent way to get awakening materials from here on out so it might be a good idea to grab that stuff

You will never be in a situation where you're going to be locked out of awakening a unit to 6 lol

You will never be in a situation where you're going to be locked out of awakening a unit to 6 lol

so true

I suppose Ill push to grab second wind and medicate instead (though they do take up a valuable materia slot)

how big is the second wind bonus again? Also how much MP does it use? Could be awesome to single target boost the main DPS unit instead of wasting 3 turns singing

It works, it really works!

I come on Gaf, bitch about how I pulled like 20 times and ended up with what some called the worst draw luck they've seen. Days later I get my first CoD and afterwards finally get WoL.

I complain yesterday about pulling nothing but 4* the last 2 weeks with my daily, with the exception of an Alma.

Debating whether or not to pull today until my 7-year old says "Oh just do it already..." :p

Got Agrias. :)

Don't need her, but still glad I got her. TM seems good.

Now i'm in a new situation. Do I get her materia from Mog King? It seems like something that may prove useful.

so true

I suppose Ill push to grab second wind and medicate instead (though they do take up a valuable materia slot)

how big is the second wind bonus again? Also how much MP does it use? Could be awesome to single target boost the main DPS unit instead of wasting 3 turns singing

Its 12mp, 8 less than Rime and the bonus is 50%.

It works, it really works!

I come on Gaf, bitch about how I pulled like 20 times and ended up with what some called the worst draw luck they've seen. Days later I get my first CoD and afterwards finally get WoL.

I complain yesterday about pulling nothing but 4* the last 2 weeks with my daily, with the exception of an Alma.

Debating whether or not to pull today until my 7-year old says "Oh just do it already..." :p

Got Agrias. :)

Don't need her, but still glad I got her. TM seems good.

Now i'm in a new situation. Do I get her materia from Mog King? It seems like something that may prove useful.

Grats!!!!! Finally something good eh? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom