• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeRaSh

I did the same. After getting all the items, star quartz and tickets I went straight ahead in the adv exploration and leveled all my espers to lvl 2. There will be other opportunities for awakening materials and ranks, we don't know if there will be another opportunity for farming hero rings and megacites that easily, it was literally falling from the sky.

Oh wow! Sounds like I won't get a break from fucking grinding events. Need to awaken Cecil and Ramza + I want the hat and the rod.
Hope they won't lock the best stuff behind a tier that's only beatable with an insanely geared 5* team or if you get carried by a 6*. I NEED all of these things...
Someone said there'd be a bundle with all awakening materials for one unit. I might actually cave and go for it if it's not ridiculously priced and if getting it legitimately through the event is actually a hassle.
Don't judge me...

edit: Also Trust Moogles? Hnngggg...

Oh wow! Sounds like I won't get a break from fucking grinding events. Need to awaken Cecil and Ramza + I want the hat and the rod.
Hope they won't lock the best stuff behind a tier that's only beatable with an insanely geared 5* team or if you get carried by a 6*. I NEED all of these things...

Don't think this one is a grinding event

Rixa

If random encounters wont drop currency, its Kefka time ;). Same as in LotP.
Spam escape, unless they prohibit using it.

Kouriozan

Hopefully Diabolos's reduce encounter and charm bangle will work.
It's definitely not a grinding event, if you got multiple characters to awaken to 6*, you better farm Tactics for the last 2 days.

scarlet

It's definitely not a grinding event, if you got multiple characters to awaken to 6*, you better farm Tactics for the last 2 days.

If it's like Mogcake, diabolos's reduce counter is counterproductive.

KeRaSh

Reduce encounter is such a double edged sword. It's basically 50/50 for when I want it and when I want to farm something and I wouldn't want to constantly switch out Diabolos so I didn't unlock it...

Holy shit at the Roper in the ADV Colosseum. How am I supposed to survive triple sweeps when it wipes half my party even after Weapon Break?

Kouriozan

I suspect Gumi is giving a "Global exclusive ability" for Dark Knight Cecil since they know that unit don't have interesting skills.
EDIT : French translation says "global exclusive abilities" (aptitudes), while it's singular in English, hmm...

bonkeng

And most likely it's going to be broken af.

That's the only way people will whale for DKC. To give him an OP exclusive skill.

Rootbeer

Banned
My 5* maxed Cecil is ready.

Hope for some good pulls! I think I will 11 pull on this event.

First priority is getting Cecil to 6*... so I can have two 6* on my main team... I should be sitting very petty after that.

Since my gear is very average (I haven't really invested in TM grinding yet), it will help give me the boost to do some of the harder content.

creid

A no-grinding event? I didn't even know there was such a thing :p

Super glad that 6* Cecil is coming already, I should be able to get enough mats for him by the end of the current event. If there really is no grinding in this event then I'm a happy camper, since I'm going on vacation :)
Holy shit at the Roper in the ADV Colosseum. How am I supposed to survive triple sweeps when it wipes half my party even after Weapon Break?
Not sure if I'm thinking of the right fight, but there's one where he only uses sweep if you use magic. Don't use magic and it's a lot easier.

Jeffrey

man i kinda hate lightning now when i'm doing auto battle stuff.

stop wasting my time with your insanely long animation that you do twice!

WHEW

So much to unpack

Looks like 6 star mats drop from event exploration

Should I use auracite for the exclusive materia or no !!!!!

You guys are killing me here!

KeRaSh

A no-grinding event? I didn't even know there was such a thing :p

Super glad that 6* Cecil is coming already, I should be able to get enough mats for him by the end of the current event. If there really is no grinding in this event then I'm a happy camper, since I'm going on vacation :)

Not sure if I'm thinking of the right fight, but there's one where he only uses sweep if you use magic. Don't use magic and it's a lot easier.

Oh that actually checks out! Will try it again. Thanks!
As for the Cecil 6* upgrade. What's so special about it that everyone goes nuts over it? Curaja and better cover ability is nice combined with the usual stat upgrades that come with 6*s compared to a 5* but what sets Cecil apart?

As for the Cecil 6* upgrade. What's so special about it that everyone goes nuts over it? Curaja and better cover ability is nice combined with the usual stat upgrades that come with 6*s compared to a 5* but what sets Cecil apart?

well the sheer stat difference matters too

And his Limit Break

His LB? It goes from AoE 3 Turn +40% DEF/SPR (LB lvl 1) -> AoE 3 Turn +59% DEF/SPR (LB lvl 20) at 5* to AoE 3 Turn +50% ATK/DEF/SPR (LB lvl 1) -> AoE 3 Turn +74% ATK/DEF/SPR (LB lvl 25) at 6*.

Besides that, he also gets Holy Light (+20% DEF & +50% Light Resist), High Tide (for faster LB refill) and Focus.

I have 3 Cecil right now. My longterm project is to fully LB grinding one (should hit 7/10 today), while I have a lvl 80 one ready to awaken on Friday. My team will probably end up being Chizuru (DPS), Vaan (FB), Cecil (Tank), Kefka (Mage), Lenna (Healer). I may swap out Kefka for CoD if I need more physical DPS.

I got a second Firion yesterday. Is he good enough at 6* to use two of him on a team for DPS? My current DPS units are Chizuru and CoD and I know they will both get 6* upgrades as well.

Also, how does Fin Briar compare to Barrage?
180% ST 1 Hit Physical Attack + Ignore 25% DEF vs 4x 80% RT. Initially, Barrage seems it will do more damage with 320%, but IDK how much ignoring defense affects the damage calculation. I'm assuming it's more complicated than simply 180% + 25% = 205% attack.

across

Should I use auracite for the exclusive materia or no !!!!!

You guys are killing me here!

For what it's worth, as someone who YOLO pulled a Ramza off of a daily the day after I spent all of my lapis and tickets just attempting to secure Agrias, I don't think his exclusive materia - or any of them from this event, really - are worth it. The concern, as I see it, is even less "is the materia itself good?" than "is the materia worth a slot". The answer to that changes to some extent depending on whether or not you're TM grinding, but I wouldn't even take Ramza's exclusive ability over MAG+10%... because I doubt I'd ever burn a turn casting it in the first place, making its value zero.

I think the completionism / "limited item, gotta have it!" thing is a questionable mindset to have in games like this. YMMV though.

bonkeng

My Cecil is soooo ready for this.

XEE5jKy.png

For what it's worth, as someone who YOLO pulled a Ramza off of a daily the day after I spent all of my lapis and tickets just attempting to secure Agrias, I don't think his exclusive materia - or any of them from this event, really - are worth it. The concern, as I see it, is even less "is the materia itself good?" than "is the materia worth a slot". The answer to that changes to some extent depending on whether or not you're TM grinding, but I wouldn't even take Ramza's exclusive ability over MAG+10%... because I doubt I'd ever burn a turn casting it in the first place, making its value zero.

I think the completionism / "limited item, gotta have it!" thing is a questionable mindset to have in games like this. YMMV though.

A 50% bonus for 12 mp though?

If you are running a balanced team in a long engagement then you dont need to wastes the MP on the entire party. That said the Def bonus from cheer and that facts its 40% all around..

I can see it not being overly essential

We have 4 days after the FFT event to turn in auracite right?
Might wait till people figure the new event out before i lock in a decision

across

A 50% bonus for 12 mp though?

If you are running a balanced team in a long engagement then you dont need to wastes the MP on the entire party. That said the Def bonus from cheer and that facts its 40% all around..

I can see it not being overly essential

You aren't wrong, as such - it just depends on how you plan to use Ramza. For the time being, I think he's best played as a nuclear bomb - load him up with MAG-increasing gear and materia, take advantage of 6* stats and native Ultima. Add Dualcast if/when you can.

Ramza will be a buffbot when ability enhancements go in, and it won't be long before his magical ability gets eclipsed pretty comprehensively, but for the time being I think you're best served trying to leverage him into a nuke role rather than sitting around throwing out Cheer and Hero Song. That he has the option to do those things is cool, but...

... to tie this into your dilemma, the problem with Second Wind is that you'd end up casting it on every damager in your party because it's technically the best buff you can grant (LBs aside? Maybe?) for those stats. Seems like a waste to me.

Then again I don't have time to farm another 6k shards before the event ends so maybe I'm just trying to justify things to myself!

Syntsui

I think I'll try to get a Cecil from the dailies and that's it, thank god we got a underwhelming banner so I can save for the future.

I wonder if, at least for this event, it isn't smart to simply evolve Cecil to 6* if you can't level him to at least 80. I mean the Pro and Elt levels of this are fucking brutal and running around with a level 40 Cecil might a detriment if he's a vital part of your team.

HMMMMM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom