• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

creid

Oh that actually checks out! Will try it again. Thanks!
As for the Cecil 6* upgrade. What's so special about it that everyone goes nuts over it? Curaja and better cover ability is nice combined with the usual stat upgrades that come with 6*s compared to a 5* but what sets Cecil apart?
I'm only going nuts for it because he's the only 6*-able character I have.
I wonder if, at least for this event, it isn't smart to simply evolve Cecil to 6* if you can't level him to at least 80. I mean the Pro and Elt levels of this are fucking brutal and running around with a level 40 Cecil might a detriment if he's a vital part of your team.

HMMMMM
The smart thing to do would be to hold off on awakening, but I don't know if I can wait.....

I wonder if, at least for this event, it isn't smart to simply evolve Cecil to 6* if you can't level him to at least 80. I mean the Pro and Elt levels of this are fucking brutal and running around with a level 40 Cecil might a detriment if he's a vital part of your team.

HMMMMM
I guess that's the one saving grace for me to not having pulled any great units since the Mogcake event ended. I have over 100 Gigantuars in my inventory waiting to be used... :) ?

RIP my Lapis / Tickets.

tariniel

Man I've been sitting on a 3* Cecil in my TM team for a long time while also trying to level up his LB.

I also have a maxed WoL and Charlotte... so maybe I can leave him there until I'm done farming him? Should I just level him anyway and not give a damn about maxing his LB?

Also I was ready to drop my last auracites on the last 3 tickets today but based on what I've read about the next event (possibly only giving 5 of each 6* awakening material), maybe I should just wait. There's a few extra days after the event is over to trade with King Mog right?

If we only get 5 of each from the event and I want to awaken Cecil I could probably buy the rest of the awakening materials with the auracite I have now instead of those tickets. But it's 3 tickets! I have no idea what to do.

I guess that's the one saving grace for me to not having pulled any great units since the Mogcake event ended. I have over 100 Gigantuars in my inventory waiting to be used... :) ?

RIP my Lapis / Tickets.

Well arent you smart!!

Grata on another Firion btw, I still don't have him :(

I'm only going nuts for it because he's the only 6*-able character I have.

The smart thing to do would be to hold off on awakening, but I don't know if I can wait.....

You're DAMN right about that!

scarlet

Man I've been sitting on a 3* Cecil in my TM team for a long time while also trying to level up his LB.

I also have a maxed WoL and Charlotte... so maybe I can leave him there until I'm done farming him? Should I just level him anyway and not give a damn about maxing his LB?

The difference between his base and max lb at 6* is 24%.

It's up to you if it's worth farming for the 24. Personally if I only have 1 I'd max his LB.

Why don't you try to do daily pull first? Maybe you can get another one and use this new one to be your current 6*.

Now I only need to beat Europa then I'm finish with the ADV colosseum. Just need to repeat S3-5 to make that sword.

An eventual Max LB 6* Cecil will be so beastly with +74% ATK/DEF/SPR buff but it will take a long, long time to do that LB grind.

It's highly likely you'll pull a dupe Cecil if you go in on this banner. If so, I'd recommend 6*ing that one and continuing your current LB grind. Therefore, I'd wait until your all of your banner pulls are done before making a decision.

Syntsui

An eventual Max LB 6* Cecil will be so beastly with +74% ATK/DEF/SPR buff but it will take a long, long time to do that LB grind.

It's highly likely you'll pull a dupe Cecil if you go in on this banner. If so, I'd recommend 6*ing that one and continuing your current LB grind. Therefore, I'd wait until your all of your banner pulls are done before making a decision.

If a maxed LB Cecil is so beastly, why waste time awakening a duped one that wouldn't have maxed LB? Isn't it smart to just focus on maxing LB for one and saving the materials for the future?

If a maxed LB Cecil is so beastly, why waste time awakening a duped one that wouldn't have maxed LB? Isn't it smart to just focus on maxing LB for one and saving the materials for the future?

Well I am doing that because I already have a max 5* Cecil and having another 6* unit on my team currently especially a tank will help quite a bit. It takes a long time to level the LB so why not have a unit that I use anyway be 6* when they will probably have the option to get the materials when they bring out new awakenings anyway. So yes you are going to end up wasting materials for a 2nd 6* eventually but if you get good mileage out of the other one while you are waiting who cares?

Pejo

FFIV is my personal favorite FF overall, for nostalgia reasons, so I will be doing dailies all banner, or until I get Edge and Rosa. Already have Rydia, Kain, and Cecil, so hopefully I don't get dupes of them. DK Cecil would be a nice little bonus, but i'm not going to go all in for him, still saving strong for that Secret of Mana event. Now that I know Cecil 6* is next, I can finally spend the rest of my Auracite on his awakening mats, fucking pumped for that.

Look out, new healer coming through! I might miss cheer, but it'll be nice to have some damage on top of an awesome tank and healer. Also, this will be my first 6* unit, which is always a good thing.

What makes everyone think this is a "beat once" event and not a grind? I'm happy if so, just not sure why everyone assumes that it is.

Lyrian

Hi guys and girls, what's going on on here.....

Oh... oh.... oh dear.

Rydia's not ready yet for this :/ The temptation to awaken her early is strong...

Still, guess both shintoki and I were wrong on the next banner. Gumi plays a trap card! It's super effective!

Still.... only one person (Kouriozan) has pointed this out so far --> D.Cecil will have abilities not present in his JP form. Reddit believes that whatever this ability is + the Blood Sword from ADV Colosseum is expected to counter all of his existing weaknesses on JP. Intriguing, if true.

-- Daily pulls:

Anzlem
Mustadio

Meh, yet again.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Oh that actually checks out! Will try it again. Thanks!
As for the Cecil 6* upgrade. What's so special about it that everyone goes nuts over it? Curaja and better cover ability is nice combined with the usual stat upgrades that come with 6*s compared to a 5* but what sets Cecil apart?

You need a tank.

The two best in JPN are Cecil and WoL, still. Cecil will be the best tank for the next 6 months and WoL is only slightly better, mainly because he has a bit better support spells.

Still thinking if I should pull or not for this one. I have Cecil already, no desire for another, Other characters I don't care for much. So it would be solely for another Exaculibur, but pulling for one is typically against my morales.

My Cecil is ready. I got some cactaurs available too. Though I'm really surprised this came before the BF event or the Halloween event. I guess it's guaranteed for the Halloween event to come after this one.

Kouriozan

My Cecil is ready. I got some cactaurs available too. Though I'm really surprised this came before the BF event or the Halloween event. I guess it's guaranteed for the Halloween event to come after this one.

The FF IV banner ends on the 20th, would be weird to make another FF IV banner with Rydia and Kain but you never know.
I suppose they'll release the global exclusive halloween banner that day.

FFIV is my personal favorite FF overall, for nostalgia reasons, so I will be doing dailies all banner, or until I get Edge and Rosa. Already have Rydia, Kain, and Cecil, so hopefully I don't get dupes of them. DK Cecil would be a nice little bonus, but i'm not going to go all in for him, still saving strong for that Secret of Mana event. Now that I know Cecil 6* is next, I can finally spend the rest of my Auracite on his awakening mats, fucking pumped for that.

Look out, new healer coming through! I might miss cheer, but it'll be nice to have some damage on top of an awesome tank and healer. Also, this will be my first 6* unit, which is always a good thing.

What makes everyone think this is a "beat once" event and not a grind? I'm happy if so, just not sure why everyone assumes that it is.

No recipes are shown so obviously no mats there and they don't mention Mog King at all so nothing there. Seems to be a pretty straightforward exploration cluster event that has awakening mats drop from chests which are obviously one time. I guess they could drop from nodes as well but we will probably have to wait and see on that.

Lyrian

S-4 down beyond all expectations!

Wow at power creep becoming real. The same team I struggled to use back in the day to beat the Frost Dragon the first time in INT-S-5, goes one and done to the Frost Dragon again at ADV-S-4.

Onwards to maybe a highly improbable victory lap without 6* units?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Man...so it finally happened - i "died" on for the first time on Colloseum ADV - made it till the S Ranks without a tank though but thats over now. Against 3 hard hitting enemies you need a tank or luck ...or both lol.

Oh..my...god I am so angry at myself. So I finally got around to starting to make the swords for my Shining Splendor cause I am a filthy procrastinator. Well I have been making Broadswords for the past week or so with the copper I get and am up to 60 of them and I just realized I can effing buy the damn things in town. So much wasted time and copper....dammit.

robotuw

Got Agrias on the daily! Finally a full breaker! Yeesh, I had almost lost hope there. I went harder on this banner than I should have and spent all my tickets.

Since he's coming up next I tried leveling 3* Cecil's LB. Dear lord it's boring. Even with 4 entrust units assisting I got less than a hundred uses in an hour. Don't know if I'll be able to resist when his 6* becomes available.

I really like that Gumi keeps throwing these curve balls. Most of the content is the same but there's enough reshuffling and a few new tweaks to keep people on their toes. Nobody seemed to expect this event and now we don't know what next week is either.

Kouriozan

There will be a lot of LB pots coming, you're not forced to level up Cecil's LB to the max now, either keep one at 3* or use every LB pots on it.
Even at only level 1, his 6* LB will be very strong. (+ 50% ATK/DEF/SPR)

Syntsui

What I want the most are events with droppable Sacred Crystals (we just had one, I know). With the new mat bundle I'm pretty sure they botched the drop rate on INT Awakening chamber. I wasted 40 NRG without one single drop, this is just disrespectful.

Kouriozan

You can level limit breaks? I didn't even know that

Why do it when Cecil is 3* instead of 6* tho?
It's way faster to level limits at a lower star.
3* level 1 -> 2 need 300 uses or 3 small limit burst pots
6* level 1 -> 2 need 2400 uses or 24 small limit burts pots, pretty crazy.

Coppanuva

Grabbed a Tellah today. Gonna level him up in case these events keep being suited for massive mage parties. Also HYPE for FF4 event. Gonna get my Cecil to 6*!

Lyrian

Next two banners will be FFBF and Halloween.

You're still really banking on FFBF still happening?

Unless they do some sort of "global-exclusive" upgrade to these units, it's not going to happen. All the units are 5* max for now, which are far behind the power curve. Also, 6* Tillith won't happen yet, either.

Oh..my...god I am so angry at myself. So I finally got around to starting to make the swords for my Shining Splendor cause I am a filthy procrastinator. Well I have been making Broadswords for the past week or so with the copper I get and am up to 60 of them and I just realized I can effing buy the damn things in town. So much wasted time and copper....dammit.

Well.....that makes two of us. FML!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
You're still really banking on FFBF still happening?

Unless they do some sort of "global-exclusive" upgrade to these units, it's not going to happen. All the units are 5* max for now, which are far behind the power curve. Also, 6* Tillith won't happen yet, either.

I am the only one who suggested them switching IV and XIII

So yes, they also did announce BF will be coming.

Rixa

Dark Cecil as a character doesn't seem AMAZING but clearly still powerful. His sword however...his sword WILL be mine.

His sword seems to be worth it alone. I won't chase him I may do a single 11 pull and if I don't get him maybe later but Man Eater on that makes it a great sword for PVP one would think.

Waiting the day when I face "whalish" opponent in arena who has 5 Dual Wielding 6* Firions that are equipped with gazillion Deathbringers and Firion has gotten his enchantment treatment.

"Hello"

Takuan

Since noone has answered to your questions, here are some thoughts of mine:

I suggest in the future you do those event dungeons (atleast some runs & go to check what prizes Mog King has) even you dont have any of those 6*. They give much more, there was 10 Summon tickets to grab, really nice Katana (for Chiz for example) & ok Shield and 10 Star Quarz. Obviously to get them all you needed to grind event (good - exceptional rank exp btw). But yeah so much more in prices than only those awakening mats to 6*. Also those mats can be used to future 6* units (like CoD, Chiz).

Thing you should do:
- Level Lenna asap and kick Fina from party. Lenna is Fina in steroids ;).

Party suggestion (story):
DPS

- Chiz, Leo, Vaan, CoD , Lenna
* Chiz dps
* Leo / Agrias tank role
* CoD dps
* Vaan Full Break, back up healer (slap Cura to Vaan) if needed
* Lenna Cheer + healing (Curaja)

- If Leo is max 5* leveled, focus getting Lenna to 5* max level after that focus to Agrias
- In order to get full use from Cheer (Lenna has cheer too) go with 4x dps

Mageish (Orbonne monastery event for example)

- Vaan, Kefka, Golbez, Tellah, Lenna
* Vaan
- 1st turn Focus, 2nd turn Full Break (depending fight, this is how I do it in ADV Colosseum)
* Kefka, Golbez, Tellah
- After Vaan has cast focus, these 3 cast element chain (Blizzaga or Thundaga).
* Lenna
- Healing, status cleaning
** Shantotto
- IF healer is not needed and you dont have better mage, use Shantotto to take part to Element chaining

Tankish (ADV colosseum)

- Vaan, Lenna, Kefka, Tellah / Golbez Leo/Agrias (or both)

1st turn in this order
- Vaan Focus
- Lenna Cheer
- Golbez Binding Cold (paralyzing aoe), other mage does GA spell (or some debuff)
- Leo / Agrias defend

Phantom Forest - Exploration gives only "Green Magicites / Megacites", use them to level your Espers (don't level Siren at this point).

I farm trust heavily, but cant say anything about emulators sorry :/.

- I do TM farming manually, I run Earth Shrine - Entrance (2 battles), its fastest to clear and I dont plan to get Limit Break skills in those runs (Using LB takes more time and you need to run Earth Shrine - Exit, 3 battles, thus its longer).

- It takes average of 10000 Earth Shrine runs to get TM from 0% to 100%, it varies, some do it 9000 runs and some take much more runs than 10000, its all about rng.

- Average is 0.1% TM raise for every 10 nrg you use.

- TM farming is slow, when I had 50-55 nrg max, it took around 40 - 46 days to get TMs to 100%.

Not sure how high daily TM% you get if you run TM with emulator and do cheapest daily quests every day. My guess is around 3-5% depending nrg max.

Edit: Nice avatar :)

Thanks - I'll check out the Orbonne Monastery event. Might be able to get a few tickets even though I think the event ends soon.

I'll probably skip the TM farming. Leaving my PC on all day for a month is probably going to bump my electricity bill a significant amount - it's high enough as it is!

Aside from following your advice, I guess I'll start cleaning up my sidequest log; one of them probably leads to the remaining espers I need to catch.

My cat will appreciate the compliment, btw!

Waiting the day when I face "whalish" opponent in arena who has 5 Dual Wielding 6* Firions that are equipped with gazillion Deathbringers and Firion has gotten his enchantment treatment.

"Hello"

I think that person may be a little bit more than "whalish" lol. That is Moby Dick right there.

Muku

*bangs head against desk*

Why am I tank unlucky? Hell, I couldn't even get Agrias during this for Full Break. I have no FB love either. Todays shit pulls were Bedile on main and Sabin on alt. Because.. you know. Can't get enough of them. Ugh.

Rixa

Thanks - I'll check out the Orbonne Monastery event. Might be able to get a few tickets even though I think the event ends soon.

I'll probably skip the TM farming. Leaving my PC on all day for a month is probably going to bump my electricity bill a significant amount - it's high enough as it is!

Aside from following your advice, I guess I'll start cleaning up my sidequest log; one of them probably leads to the remaining espers I need to catch.

My cat will appreciate the compliment, btw!

Your welcome. Few reasons for me not to use pc for TM farming is that I have laptop and then I have many cats. Thus I cant left laptop on when sleeping / not home. Same thing as for you, I dont want to get bigger electrical bills, they are big enough already :p.

I think Orbonne Monastery event ends in 14h time.

I think that person may be a little bit more than "whalish" lol. That is Moby Dick right there.

And definitely someone will do it.

Lyrian

I am the only one who suggested them switching IV and XIII

So yes, they also did announce BF will be coming.

Yes, you did suggest this. Kudos for that.

And yeah, the devs did suggest that is was coming at some point. But, there's no way they can release it as version 1 as it was released in JP. There's no draw on that banner that is interesting for the common player, no chase card. Only a very few know about 6* Tillith. That would be really bad business for Gumi to do that. And, it's far too soon for 6* Tillith to happen.

I'm personally starting to think that FFBF will happen when the 2nd version comes around with 6* Tillith being the chase unit.

His sword seems to be worth it alone. I won't chase him I may do a single 11 pull and if I don't get him maybe later but Man Eater on that makes it a great sword for PVP one would think.

Not only that but slapping it on Garland gives him not only the Greatsword boost but doubles his Maneater trait to 100%, far more useful, in that sense, than Excalibur.

I guess pulling more Cecil's wouldn't be horrible, don't need three fucking Excalibur though.

RedZaraki

Banned
Sometimes I wonder if I'll be that chosen one who never gets a 5-star base, even after hundreds of pulls.

My luck is typically terrible in all things. Whatever the worst possible outcome is, if there's a 2% or more chance for that outcome, I will get that outcome. Consistently. Over and over.

I still don't have a Cecil so this is the banner for me. Only doing dailies still tho, because fuck an 11 pull, your boy needs it for Orlandu

Sometimes I wonder if I'll be that chosen one who never gets a 5-star base, even after hundreds of pulls.

My luck is typically terrible in all things. Whatever the worst possible outcome is, if there's a 2% or more chance for that outcome, I will get that outcome. Consistently. Over and over.

This is only the third or so week of 5* base, there are plenty more to come, dont give up hope!

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck

No, you are not that chosen one.

ヽ(ಠ_ಠ)ノ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom