• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I would help, but the picture you posted is blocked where I work. What type of units do you have and what top friend units can you borrow?

5* CoD -- maxed
5* Kuja -- maxed
5* Kefka -- maxed
5* Leo -- maxed
5* Charlotte -- maxed
5* Garland -- lvl 70
5* Fina -- lvl 74

I have some others -- another 5* Kefka I just awakened, a maxed Vivi (4*), Shantotto, etc. And my Cecils are still 3* so it's gotta be some combo of the above. My friends have everything -- Tellah, Lightning, etc.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Yea honestly a powerful lightning unit can pretty much solo PRO. Just make sure you bring a dispel for Cagnazzo, and use Kefka's escape for the random battles to save MP. Crushing Blow will probably be your best bet to take down the bosses ASAP, but can also elemental chain with ice.

So basically - Scarmiglione - use Raise from Terra or phoenix down, 1 shot.
- Rubicante - Crushing Blow and any ice spells
- Cagnazzo - Crushing Blow, ice spells, dispel his buffs after first round before doing anything else in round 2
- Barbariccia - Use a tent if Lightning is low MP, then Crushing Blow a few times, and that should do it. It's basically all about an OP Lightning friend. 500+ should be fine, but can probably do it with one of the 420+ ones with help from your units.

This is great, thank you.

Definitely think you can with a lightning friend. I'd say something along the lines of:

Charlotte
Fina
Kefka
Terra
Another mage or a physical attacker.

Ok, I'll try!

Yea honestly a powerful lightning unit can pretty much solo PRO. Just make sure you bring a dispel for Cagnazzo, and use Kefka's escape for the random battles to save MP. Crushing Blow will probably be your best bet to take down the bosses ASAP, but can also elemental chain with ice.

So basically - Scarmiglione - use Raise from Terra or phoenix down, 1 shot.
- Rubicante - Crushing Blow and any ice spells
- Cagnazzo - Crushing Blow, ice spells, dispel his buffs after first round before doing anything else in round 2
- Barbariccia - Use a tent if Lightning is low MP, then Crushing Blow a few times, and that should do it. It's basically all about an OP Lightning friend. 500+ should be fine, but can probably do it with one of the 420+ ones with help from your units.

I was able to clear Elite with a 410-417 or so Lightning so it is indeed possible!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Seriously I need help figuring out how to take out PRO on this event:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=220405933&postcount=4692

Advice?

There is no particular reason why you shouldn't be able to manage it. Get someone's high power lightning alone should be enough and also come prepared with a few items

*Cure Paralysis, Pert, Tent*

If you want party advice
Charlotte, CoD, Kefka, Terra, and Leanna.. Each boss has a weakness you can exploit then with chaining. Full break should still work, etc.

Iceman829

5* CoD -- maxed
5* Kuja -- maxed
5* Kefka -- maxed
5* Leo -- maxed
5* Charlotte -- maxed
5* Garland -- lvl 70
5* Fina -- lvl 74

I have some others -- another 5* Kefka I just awakened, a maxed Vivi (4*), Shantotto, etc. And my Cecils are still 3* so it's gotta be some combo of the above. My friends have everything -- Tellah, Lightning, etc.

I would follow what Pejo typed up it's about the same advice I've used and most others have. CoD was pretty great when I used her. It's all about using a great Lightning ally and you can power her up with cheer and then make sure she is healed. The only issue is to make sure you dispell the 3rd boss before attacking. Just bring a bunch of items to keep units that need health / mp. You should be good

Xion86

Every time I'm doing well in the Colosseum on my iPad, it will crash and I'll have to start over...everyime i am unlucky and not doing so great, it will never crash no matter how much I try make it...it hates me.

Update: Yes!! Finally did it, thought it was going to crash at the ending death which has happened a lot before. Onto S-3!

This is great, thank you.

Ok, I'll try!

Just make sure to do Cheer and Shellga at the start of each fight. Chain elemental attacks with the mage + lightning (or just have lightning do crushing blow and go for lightning, not sure which would be better for pro... probably the weaknesses of each boss besides barbaraccia). If you want extra insurance bring barfira (for Rubicante) and baraerora (for Barbaraccia). Barwatera is not necessary at all because as long as you cast magic at cag each turn it will get rid of his water building up (preventing tsunami). Also make sure you can dispel Cag once he comes out of his shell, he will be near impossible to kill otherwise.

Syntsui

Please tell me there are events that will drop Megacrysts like candies in the future, farming these fuckers is straight up maddening. Those new rings will be impossible to get without losing my mind.

Azuran

Banned
Oh I've got Rosa but not used her, love using Cheer with Leena :D

I only want Rosa because FFIV is one of my favorites and she's the last member I need to complete the final party in that game.

I already have Cecil, Kain, Rydia and Edge. It's making me sad that she's missing :(

H3xum

Random question for those who are pretty deep in JP.

I am looking at TM ranking on Altema and trying to figure out why Cancer Bowie knife is the 3rd highest rated TM?

It is only 82attk and the translation isn't strong enough for me to make sense of it. It says dual wield. Does that mean that weapon automatically attacks twice?

Random question for those who are pretty deep in JP.

I am looking at TM ranking on Altema and trying to figure out why Cancer Bowie knife is the 3rd highest rated TM?

It is only 82attk and the translation isn't strong enough for me to make sense of it. It says dual wield. Does that mean that weapon automatically attacks twice?

It means it has an innate dual wield so you can equip any other weapon your character is capable of equipping with it. And yeah, attack twice, use skills twice. I guess the only downside is that one of your attacks will always be based off that 82 attack stat.

robotuw

Woohoo! Finally got my first premo TM! Gungnir from a 5x Kain. Started on Wed afternoon and got done just now. I had a main TM team but they got sidelined for the Tactics event and when I got a fifth Kain during that I decided 'why not?'. Now back to the regularly scheduled farming team:

Chizuru
Ludmille
Shantotto
Terra
Zidane

All around 30-40% atm.

Wazzy

Banned
I'm not really sure what to aim for as a new player so I'm just doing story stuff for now. I did a little bit of IV event but I'm not sure how much I'll actually grind since my stamina use is low right now. My Cecil is maxed at 3* but I guess I'll hold off awakening since apparently LB pots are better to use then.

Razmos

Why do people keep calling it tower of babel? It's a giant

I'm not really sure what to aim for as a new player so I'm just doing story stuff for now. I did a little bit of IV event but I'm not sure how much I'll actually grind since my stamina use is low right now. My Cecil is maxed at 3* but I guess I'll hold off awakening since apparently LB pots are better to use then.
There's nothing to grind, it's a once and done event. Just get as far as you can. At the very least do the second one for the Dark Helm which will be really useful.

Azuran

Banned

Just do the story and Colosseum so you can gain lapis, level up rank and unlock better equipment, espers and griding spots. Right now is the perfect time to catch up if you're far behind since you can technically do the current event in one day.

Pejo

IT WORKED
IT WORKED!!

THANKYOU THA K YOU RUDEBOY WHOEVER YOU ARE!

THANK YOU PEJO

THANK YOU ALL

LILITH ROD GET

Congrats! Now find a 700+ Atk lightning and do it again in ELT, haha.

Why do people keep calling it tower of babel? It's a giant

There's nothing to grind, it's a once and done event. Just get as far as you can. At the very least do the second one for the Dark Helm which will be really useful.

Technically you're right, this is the Giant, but there is also a Tower of Babel in FFIV, in the underground.

tuffymon

Ahhhh beat Elite with Kuorio's? Lightning. Double Lightning is super easy, just... don't go over 50% in the first round. I two rounded everything except Golbez, he took 3.

14620155_10154248428937885_446177402_n.png

chrono01

Well, I finally made a go at ELT. After a few tries, I made it up to Golbez. He paralyzed half of my team in the first round, by the third only one member was left standing. Instant death.

Oh well, I'll try again later. My team was:

Chizuru (Barrage)
CoD (Barrage)
Tellah (Elemental Resistance fodder, as well as easy kill on first boss by using Raise)
Lenna (Cheer + Healing + Esuna, also has Jeweled Ring)
Charlotte (Shellga + Provoke + Item Usage)

Also, an OP Lightning friend. Thank you all.

Man, it's a decent challenge. I hate wasting energy in-game, but I guess now isn't a bad time to do it since there isn't a whole lot going on. It'd be nice if I could clear it in-time, but that final boss has a lot of RNG against it. If only we had Tilith, it'd be so much easier.

Kouriozan

Ahhhh beat Elite with Kuorio's? Lightning. Double Lightning is super easy, just... don't go over 50% in the first round. I two rounded everything except Golbez, he took 3.
That was my first wipe, did 60% of his HP the first turn, he paralyze 4 units, I heal up and he cast AoE death, if you're unlucky, byebye.
Managed to defeat it on my second try, thankfully.
(Glad my Lightning is useful!)

tuffymon

That was my first wipe, did 60% of his HP the first turn, he paralyze 4 units, I heal up and he cast AoE death, if you're unlucky, byebye.
Managed to defeat it on my second try, thankfully.
(Glad my Lightning is useful!)

Yours is always useful! Allowed me to beat the FFT ELT as well. Oddly enough, very few of the Lightnings on my flist are using Diabolos AND not using the flame katana, or excalibur (an issue on the last event).

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Lol, glad my Lightning was of use. Congrats on the victory!

Thank you so much!

Don't worry about stuff like limit breaks for now. Go ahead and awaken your Cecil. Just have fun with the story, which will take a couple weeks.

Congrats! Now find a 700+ Atk lightning and do it again in ELT, haha.

I actually might if I saw one out there! But seriously thanks for the advice, worked like a charm.

Iceman829

IT WORKED
IT WORKED!!

THANK YOU PEJO

THANK YOU ALL

LILITH ROD GET

Congrats! I'm glad it all worked out for you.

Well, I finally made a go at ELT. After a few tries, I made it up to Golbez. He paralyzed half of my team in the first round, by the third only one member was left standing. Instant death.

Oh well, I'll try again later. My team was:

Chizuru (Barrage)
CoD (Barrage)
Tellah (Elemental Resistance fodder, as well as easy kill on first boss by using Raise)
Lenna (Cheer + Healing + Esuna, also has Jeweled Ring)
Charlotte (Shellga + Provoke + Item Usage)

Also, an OP Lightning friend. Thank you all.

Man, it's a decent challenge. I hate wasting energy in-game, but I guess now isn't a bad time to do it since there isn't a whole lot going on. It'd be nice if I could clear it in-time, but that final boss has a lot of RNG against it. If only we had Tilith, it'd be so much easier.

It looks like we have similar setups except I had WoL over Charlotte for Full Break. I think Golbez is a bit about being lucky with his paralyze attack. He paralyzed 5/6 characters, so I had to unparalyze 1 by 1 and left Lightning for last to do some damage to him. I think death wiped out everyone except maybe CoD who then barraged that mofo down. I also lucked out that he casted a fire spell while I had barfira up. Best of luck when you run it again. Hopefully things fall in your favor.

H3xum

It means it has an innate dual wield so you can equip any other weapon your character is capable of equipping with it. And yeah, attack twice, use skills twice. I guess the only downside is that one of your attacks will always be based off that 82 attack stat.

That....is bananas

82 isn't stellar but I mean....I want my 3 TM moogles back

Celegus

That....is bananas

82 isn't stellar but I mean....I want my 3 TM moogles back

Does he even come to global any time soon? Abel right? Not even sure who that is, unless he's a made up FFBE character. I did save a bunch of Penelos just in case I get him and need a equip dagger TM quick.

c-murph

But what happens if you equip the Knife, Genji Gloves and Dual Weld? Do you become Gilgamesh?

H3xum

Does he even come to global any time soon? Abel right? Not even sure who that is, unless he's a made up FFBE character. I did save a bunch of Penelos just in case I get him and need a equip dagger TM quick.

No clue, probably not. I was just looking at TM ranking for S's and G's and thought I would inquire

Kouriozan

Release at the same time as Tidus's 1st banner, so about 4/5 months away

H3xum

So I did an experiment

Set my 480D, 4k+ HP 6* Cecil as my main all day Saturday and my 370 magic Kefka all yesterday

The friend points weren't even close. Heavily favored Kefka

I just want Cecil to be a superstar :(

Muku

Oh my god. My main account is cursed. Few days ago got Cecil on alt account. Today? Charlotte. OMFG. Can I please get one of these on my main please? WTB. :(

EDarkness

IT WORKED
IT WORKED!!

THANK YOU PEJO

THANK YOU ALL

LILITH ROD GET

Congrats, man. Glad everything worked. I had been holding off getting mine until later this week, but I went ahead and got it done this morning. Gotta admit that rod is awesome. :)

chrono01

It looks like we have similar setups except I had WoL over Charlotte for Full Break. I think Golbez is a bit about being lucky with his paralyze attack. He paralyzed 5/6 characters, so I had to unparalyze 1 by 1 and left Lightning for last to do some damage to him. I think death wiped out everyone except maybe CoD who then barraged that mofo down. I also lucked out that he casted a fire spell while I had barfira up. Best of luck when you run it again. Hopefully things fall in your favor.
Thanks man, I'll keep at it. At least it's only 15 energy per run, so it's not too bad.

chrono01

I just wanted to take the time to thank, once again, all of you wonderful people on my Friend List with Lightning. Thanks to you, I was able to clear the ELT event map. Special mention to Valentus for his Lightning, as that was the one I was using when the whole run came together. So yes, the event is finally done! \o/

Now, to decide whether to start grinding Cecil's LB (he's still at 3*) or go back to TM grinding.

Iceman829

I just wanted to take the time to thank, once again, all of you wonderful people on my Friend List with Lightning. Thanks to you, I was able to clear the ELT event map. Special mention to Valentus for his Lightning, as that was the one I was using when the whole run came together. So yes, the event is finally done! \o/

Now, to decide whether to start grinding Cecil's LB (he's still at 3*) or go back to TM grinding.

Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom