• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got Kain with my 1/2 pull today... which is actually someone I wanted. His Gungir would look great on my Nine, who I still think is really underrated. Kinda' sad that today is my last pull on this banner, but it's all good.

I finished up Horizon last night (flippin' amazing game) just in time to start P5 this morning. Only got about an hour in, but I am in love already. Hot damn...

Alkez

I miss the good old days. This thread just isn't the same anymore :(

The question I have is is it really the thread or is it the game?

Because for me it's definitely the game. I think I'm at the point where I just don't want to play anymore, but I'm so invested it's hard to leave. TM farming isn't exactly going too far out of my way, but some of these events are (raid and mog king was just horrible for me). I love doing the trials/difficult challenges, but I'm just burnt out on the grind now.

OT1 and OT2 were great because the game was still new and the excitement was real. Looking over OT3 there were a lot of off topic conversations (I'm guilty for a lot of those lol) because I think the real burn and disinterest was beginning for some people.

And now we have OT4. I was the 5th highest poster in OT3 and I'm currently 14th in OT4. It's just got to the point where I'm not interested in talking about new things in the game anymore, but that's on the game, not the thread. I don't joke when I say I check this daily for the people. Yeah we lost Chilly and Megan, but I still think we have a great community here, one that I don't think was built around just a few people. I've had many great off topic conversations with people like Muku and Hippo, and I've had some great theory crafting discussions with the likes of Zera and Pejo. There are lots of different regulars here who all bring something different. And as new users come and old users leave the thread is going to change. But I don't think that necessarily makes it worse than before, just different.

That's my two cents anyways.

RedZaraki

Banned
Time to have a gander at the OLE Records screen. Trophies > Records.

I'll try to point out anything interesting:

Total Login Days: 271
Total Consecutive Login Days: 152
Total Gil Obtained: 30,544,152
Total Monsters Archived: 389
Total Units Obtained: 5477
Total Units Maxed Out: 1
Total Missions Completed: 113

Total Quests Undertaken: 35892
Total Battles Won: 97884
Total Damage Dealt: 8,029,128,294

Total Colosseum Battles: 1883

Total Battle Arena Battles: 2324
Total Losses: 26
Longest Streak: 130
Total Boards Completed: 23

Mipcgamer

I'll try to point out anything interesting:

OH, me too (Added most damage done in Quests and Arena):

Total Login Days: 280
Total Consecutive Login Days: 278
Total Gil Obtained: 39.098.369
Total Monsters Archived: 391
Total Units Obtained: 7249
Total Missions Completed: 96

Total Quests Undertaken: 44687
Total Battles Won: 120246
Total Damage Dealt: 9.290.888.437
Most Damage Dealt in One Turn: 3.829.072

Total Colosseum Battles: 1786

Total Battle Arena Battles: 3259
Total Losses: 42
Longest Streak: 173
Total Boards Completed: 18
Most Damage Dealt in One Turn: 92.813

Fun idea. Here's my stats:

Total Login Days: 279
Total Consecutive Login Days: 228
Total Gil Obtained: 11,647,055
Total Monsters Archived: 389
Total Units Obtained: 5716
Total Units Maxed Out: 0
Total Missions Completed: 49

Total Quests Undertaken: 19,441
Total Battles Won: 50,510
Total Damage Dealt: 6,836,361,002
Total Colosseum Battles: 1,236

Total Battle Arena Battles: 1,788
Total Losses: 31
Longest Streak: 137
Total Boards Completed: 17

Stats!

Total Consecutive Login Days: 280
Total Gil Obtained: 42,761,346
Monsters Archived: 393
Units Obtained: 10,793 (fuck....)
Units Maxed Out: 0 (Not even sure what that entails)
Missions Completed: 75 cause I am a slacker

Total Quests Undertaken: 86,937
Total Battles Won: 186,356
Total Damage Dealt: 9,553,765,615
Most Damage One Turn: 21,249,717

Total Colosseum Battles: 1178

Total Arena Battles: 3,186
Total Losses: 39
Longest Streak: 155
Total Boards Completed: 29 (I hoard those damn medals)

Xion86

I'm only a bit quiet on the thread lately as I'm too busy with stuff at work during the day to be on here on my iPad, and when I'm at home I'm playing the game on my iPad whilst playing Breath of the Wild or watching something :). But still read every page haha.

NoX worked all throughout the night, finally.

Val, you done with what you needed with Orlandeau with that new video? :)

Seems to count units that have every stat maxed with pots.

Holy crap that damage!

Ahh that makes sense. My "main" Orlandu is only a few HP pots away from total max so maybe I will use some medals to get a 1 in stat lol. As for the damage I had to look at it twice to make sure I wasn't adding a number in there. I wish I could figure out where it happened so I could do it again haha.

Mipcgamer

Ahh that makes sense. My Orlandu is only a few HP pots away from total max so maybe I will use some medals to get a 1 in stat lol. As for the damage I had to look at it twice to make sure I wasn't adding a number in there. I wish I could figure out where it happened so I could do it again haha.

Now I'm curious about your max damage dealt in Arena (and everyone's).
I think mine is not bad at 92k

RedZaraki

Banned
Ahh that makes sense. My "main" Orlandu is only a few HP pots away from total max so maybe I will use some medals to get a 1 in stat lol. As for the damage I had to look at it twice to make sure I wasn't adding a number in there. I wish I could figure out where it happened so I could do it again haha.

Practicing chaining in Earth Shrine?

*shrugs*

Most Arena Damage in one turn: 46577

tuffymon

Stats!

Total Consecutive Login Days: 280
Total Gil Obtained: 26,977,040
Monsters Archived: 391
Units Obtained: 5813
Units Maxed Out: 0 whomp whomp
Missions Completed: 97

Total Quests Undertaken: 79,119
Total Battles Won: 179,653
Total Damage Dealt: 6,278,774,726
Most Damage One Turn: 4,205,969

Total Colosseum Battles: 1518

Total Arena Battles: 999
Total Losses: 15
Longest Streak: 100
Total Boards Completed: 9
Most Damage One Turn: 120,605

Interesting how some numbers are similar to others, and some nada~

Now I'm curious about your max damage dealt in Arena (and everyone's).
I think mine is not bad at 92k

My arena damage is only 60k I think but my arena team outside of my Dark Fina generally is pretty naked equipment wise because I don't like switching shit back and forth constantly. I may see what I can get it to at some point.

Mipcgamer

Stats!
Most Damage One Turn: 120,605

O.O Winner so far.

My arena damage is only 60k I think but my arena team outside of my Dark Fina generally is pretty naked equipment wise because I don't like switching shit back and forth constantly. I may see what I can get it to at some point.

It's more about the chaining there. My two Chizurus help in getting those +3996 damage (and some luck).

Alkez

Hmm, let's have a look.

Total Login Days: 253
Total Consecutive Login Days: 253
Total Gil Obtained: 12,650,019
Monsters Archived: 367
Units Obtained: 5,132
Units Maxed Out: 0
Missions Completed: 100

Total Quests Undertaken: 35,238
Total Battles Won: 88,701
Total Damage Dealt: 19,086,268
Most Damage One Turn: 8,824,595

Total Colosseum Battles: 1,134

Total Arena Battles: 1,983
Total Losses: 23 (screw you blizzard flask)
Longest Streak: 117
Total Boards Completed: 12 (yeah I really should start spending those coins lol)

O.O Winner so far.

It's more about the chaining there. My two Chizurus help in getting those +3996 damage (and some luck).

Yeah, I usually don't even worry about chaining in arena anymore outside of my two mages. My two noctis just each throw a flask one fire one blizzard and typically everything is dead or turned to stone. That is another reason I think my dmg is less is because once something is petrified I do not believe it will take damage anymore.

bonkeng

Gilgamesh vs final Fantasy tactics

Thanks for the orlandu bonk, thank you buddy

Anytime man.

Nice. Stats. Here's mine.

Total Login Days: 266
Total Consecutive Login Days: 266
Total Gil Obtained: 39,275,720
Total Monsters Archived: 369
Total Units Obtained: 6,214
Total Missions Completed: 102

Total Quests Undertaken: 77,170
Total Battles Won: 164,338
Total Damage Dealt: 10,408,568,309
Most Damage in 1 Turn: 2,132,792,072 (Kefka bug-murdering Belmodar)

Total Colosseum Battles: 1,839

Total Arena Battles: 3,610
Total Losses: 30
Longest Streak: 177
Total Boards Completed: 33

Pejo

Ok, I'm in for this stats thing:

Total Login Days: 328
Total Consecutive Login Days: 328
Total Gil Obtained: 14,674,016
Monsters Archived: 364
Units Obtained: 8840
Units Maxed Out: 1
Missions Completed: 104

Total Quests Undertaken: 15,132
Total Battles Won: 52,943
Total Damage Dealt: 7,126,489,350
Most Damage One Turn: 2,147,483,647

Total Colosseum Battles: 2207

Total Arena Battles: 2566
Total Losses: 13
Longest Streak: 149
Total Boards Completed: 23
Most Damage One Turn: 44,968

Kinda bummed I never got to 150 win streak. Not that I care that much, but it was only 1 away.

Muku

Wasn't expecting Orlandu for a daily, since I already have him. But I was hoping for one last Ovelia so I can cap off her damn Trust. Ah well. I'm sure she'll pop up when I'm actually looking for something OTHER than her. Stupid Ovelia. In any case, got another Firion today. Meeeeh.

This thread is still good. I think the biggest issue is we've lost some big players here. The game though, that was pointed out, I think is the issue. One, it's too huge of a time sink that isn't even fun. I only have a handful of free TMs, and two... TWO premium TMs. (Dual Wield and Dual Cast, though currently over half way through another Dual Wield.) And that's mainly from Moogles. I did cap off the last 4% or something Dual Cast had manually. Before we got the 1%'s. I feel like if they made it less shitty for TMs, I'd be a lot more interested. (Especially since I couldn't get the Moogle from Ifrit.)

I wish they'd hold more interesting events, even if they're Global only. CNY was fun. This Easter shit doesn't really sound fun or interesting, and to be honest, I'm not really looking into the units. Not even sure I'm really happy they'll be in pool afterward. (I want god damn Fencer and Ling Gumi. Damn you.)

Total Login Days: 275
Total Consecutive Login Days: 275
Total Gil Obtained: 26,000,000
Monsters Archived: 367
Units Obtained: 8667
Missions Completed: 104

Total Quests Undertaken: 62705
Total Battles Won:133529
Total Damage Dealt: 24,425,751,992
Most Damage One Turn: 33,196,668

Total Colosseum Battles: 1202

Total Arena Battles: 3054
Total Losses: 53
Longest Streak: 168
Total Boards Completed: 35
Most Damage One Turn: 51,377

Lyrian

The question I have is is it really the thread or is it the game?

Because for me it's definitely the game. I think I'm at the point where I just don't want to play anymore, but I'm so invested it's hard to leave. TM farming isn't exactly going too far out of my way, but some of these events are (raid and mog king was just horrible for me). I love doing the trials/difficult challenges, but I'm just burnt out on the grind now.

OT1 and OT2 were great because the game was still new and the excitement was real. Looking over OT3 there were a lot of off topic conversations (I'm guilty for a lot of those lol) because I think the real burn and disinterest was beginning for some people.

And now we have OT4. I was the 5th highest poster in OT3 and I'm currently 14th in OT4. It's just got to the point where I'm not interested in talking about new things in the game anymore, but that's on the game, not the thread. I don't joke when I say I check this daily for the people. Yeah we lost Chilly and Megan, but I still think we have a great community here, one that I don't think was built around just a few people. I've had many great off topic conversations with people like Muku and Hippo, and I've had some great theory crafting discussions with the likes of Zera and Pejo. There are lots of different regulars here who all bring something different. And as new users come and old users leave the thread is going to change. But I don't think that necessarily makes it worse than before, just different.

That's my two cents anyways.

I'll bite.

It's a combination of things.

1) As mentioned, loss of some key founders of the community. Chilly was awesome because he roleplayed in the thread. Sadly, that came back to bite him in the ass when Bish was summoned because a random (who possibly followed him back to the community from elsewhere on GAF) who claimed to be deeply offended by Chilly's roleplaying. That event really had a chilling effect on the community. Megan was lost because decided for whatever reason one late night to dangerously post in off-topic and invoked the wrath of Poli-GAF.... and that's practically the fastest way on GAF to be permabanned, as a person can easily go from 0 to banned in under 4 seconds if that person pissed off the wrong person.

2) Macros. These are the death of the game, for sure. The game wasn't designed for them and they enable the player to achieve end-game status far faster than intended by the developers. Not only do macros make the game trivial, but they also trivialize events as well as TMs are positioned to be above event gear in terms of quality. So, if a player is TM-tricked out, there is literally no point to play anything in the game outside of the monthly trial and pulling for chase units. When a player has everything.... what else is there to do that is interesting anymore?

3) Discord. Nothing against Discord at all here. Just a simple observation that when a new conversation medium appears, the old one becomes neglected. Especially so when it is easier to freely talk on Discord than it is to spend 15-20 minutes typing out this post.

So, all of the above really, in conjunction with each other. As you mentioned, times change, and the feel and flow of the community will change as well as the game evolves (and hopefully keeps the vets interested enough in the game to keep the community thriving).

Lyrian

List Day?

List Day it is then!

Total Login Days: 279
Total Consecutive Login Days: 279
Total Gil Obtained: ~23.7 million
Monsters Archived: 395
Units Obtained: 9999 <--- ROFL, I win :)
Missions Completed: 113 <-- Perfect!

Total Trophies: 69 <-- GRRRR!
Total Espers Evoked: 9036
Total Colosseum Points: 269250

Total Quests Undertaken: 35436
Total Battles Won: 110237
Total Damage Dealt: ~7.4 billion
Most Damage One Turn: ~18.6 million

Total Colosseum Battles: 2911

Total Arena Battles: 2652
Total Losses: 12
Longest Streak: 177
Total Boards Completed: 29
Most Damage One Turn: 34,713

Muku

Total Login Days: 278
Total Consecutive Login Days: 278
Total Gil Obtained: 9,683,589
Units Obtained: 4,932
Missions Completed: 101

Total Quests Undertaken: 7,993
Total Battles Won: 31,829
Total Damage Dealt: 4,907,665,912
Most Damage One Turn: 5,550,446

Total Colosseum Battles: 1,219

Total Arena Battles: 1,157
Total Losses: 11
Longest Streak: 106
Most Damage One Turn: 36,879
Total Boards Completed: 11

*looks at Easter banner*

I want some more FF characters instead of these made up units, I don't want to see some FFBE character on a Tactics banner, it's not like they're gonna run out anytime soon across 15 games and a billion spinoffs and even stuff like Kingdom Hearts.

And for goodness sake give Golby his upgrade, I'd kick Yun out in a second, I just wanna use my favorite FF characters.

I miss the good old days. This thread just isn't the same anymore :(

Can't deny we've lost some people. As far as my own fun goes, it's still there. Do I wish I didn't spend as much as on this game as I did? Absolutely, but I spent the money on something I really enjoy. I will say now that the whaling is done my bank account can breath. I enjoyed the hell out of the Ifrit raid. It was a challenge. It made me think. It was a wake up call going from Pro to Elt and getting my shit destroyed because I assumed it was going to be a cake walk. I enjoy trying to come up with new ways to use my units e.x. Evasion tank Ling and Noct.

Gumi has improved but they can do better. Rates need to really change in this game. I can play FE: Heroes and drop perhaps $20-$100 and get almost all the units on a banner as opposed to spending $600 bucks to get one 5* Orlandu. Events need to be less grindy.

You guys are what really keep this game fun. Discussing new content, shooting the shit, sharing horror stories of pulls, sharing the joys of getting passed road blocks, watching Valentus clear uber hard content with minimal or no TM's, chats with Alkez, Bongkeng, Val, and everyone about theorycrafting, etc. Truth be told without this community and the reddit community I'd probably have stopped a long time ago.

Lyrian

Gumi has improved but they can do better. Rates need to really change in this game. I can play FE: Heroes and drop perhaps $20-$100 and get almost all the units on a banner as opposed to spending $600 bucks to get one 5* Orlandu. Events need to be less grindy.

You guys are what really keep this game fun. Discussing new content, shooting the shit, sharing horror stories of pulls, sharing the joys of getting passed road blocks, watching Valentus clear uber hard content with minimal or no TM's, chats with Alkez, Bongkeng, Val, and everyone about theorycrafting, etc. Truth be told without this community and the reddit community I'd probably have stopped a long time ago.

So we're fighting the good fight then? I'm okay with this :)

Seriously though, people need to avoid the trap that 5* bases are **needed** to clear content. They're not. Full stop. 4* bases are common enough that they can all be reasonably obtained via half-priced dailies and tickets and are easily powerful enough when geared to clear pretty much anything.

All 5* bases do is let players get a taste of the next power creep a bit in advance of everyone else. Eventually the power of a 5* base transfers down to 4* bases for the masses to enjoy (like Orlandeau --> 6* Agrias). Unless at some point, 5* bases reach a 7* form that 4* bases will be locked out of permanently (highly unlikely), this trend will continue to happen in the future for as far as the eye can see.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Sitting on 35K red orbs for mog king, already have the big moogle and the katana. Anyone grabbing more than one poach? Anything else a must-have before i just buy up 6* mats?

Sitting on 35K red orbs for mog king, already have the big moogle and the katana. Anyone grabbing more than one poach? Anything else a must-have before i just buy up 6* mats?

I would grab at least 4 poaches

Reddit reccomended 10 ehh

Stock up on whatever else you need i suppose

Niahak

I'm willing to try the event out, but when we had the mogcake event it burned me out hardcore (I basically just got login bonuses for a month). If this one's as grindy, I'll have to think about whether I'd rather just sit it out or stop playing entirely.

The community here has been great! I think the problem's the game. It pushes two things that are really exhausting (and many are general gacha game problems, which is why I don't play any others):

-"Keep up with the joneses" mentality (I see many ATK 900 people on my friendlist - not just gaffers, and want to keep up)
-"Use it or lose it" orbs+energy as well as limited-time events mean you have to "pet" the game frequently (even if it's just TM farming).

Basically, I feel like I have to play the game too often and for too long. I'd rather play a game where participation feels more voluntary to keep up. I don't think I have it in me to be a "casual" FFBE player, because the game's too darn simple most of the time to ignore trials and stuff.

c-murph

Quick Assault No.1 GET!!

Oooooh my other four TMs are approaching completion too! My favorite time of the Month. TM completion time.

I would grab at least 4 poaches

Reddit reccomended 10 ehh

Stock up on whatever else you need i suppose

I bought 5. Good enough for me. I have an army of TMs anyways.

been spending lapis for refills these last 3 days. I NEED to get my TMs done.
Swich control with the new improved version is quite good. now if I only found a good way to tap on the screen quickly

Finished Ring of Lucii #2

Emperor #2: 76%
Gilgamesh #2: 66.9% (Only need to get to 79% then using 21% of moogles)
Shine #4: 70% will be fused with a Shine in the group at 12.2% currently so only 12.8% to go total.
Shine #5: 66.1% will fuse with 3 extra Shines in inventory which will leave me with 10 extra to get 2 more QA's at some point if I want.

After those I am done until Orochi.

You got super lucky. This is not my experience with Fe heroes at all. I spent all my orbs and then some on certain banners and only got 1 of the banner units. It's just as bad as a gatcha as Exvius.

tuffymon

I'll be honest, I don't know exactly what causes the massive numbers... I think it's something to do with chaining and human killer I've seen 2800 pop up before...

One of two groups did this, cause I've had the same two parties since Xmas time >.>

Noctis > Fire Flask
Charlotte > Alterna
Kefka > Double Ultima
Gilgamesh > Snowpetal
Lightning > Aero Blitz

in that order
or

Exchange Charlotte for Chizzy with Phantom Shadow and place her right before Gilga...

Takuan

Went through the story for lapis and managed to get another 5000.

Gonna do my final 10+1. Wish me luck.

Edit: Aaaaaand Dark Fina. Sigh.

That feels good and hurts at the same time, grats on the new sexy mage~
I definitely care less about Orlandeau than I did a week ago. Marie and Dark Fina were both great gets and give me more to work on, so it's okay.

I still might buy lapis for another shot. XD

Pejo

You got super lucky. This is not my experience with Fe heroes at all. I spent all my orbs and then some on certain banners and only got 1 of the banner units. It's just as bad as a gatcha as Exvius.

Interesting. I feel like I get way luckier in FE:H than this game, too. Out of all the gacha games I play, I feel like this one is the least generous with premium units.

Niahak

I did one too, got three golds (none new, although one was Soleil) and a bunch of blues, none useful. Hope Dark Fina at least is useful to you.

I definitely care less about Orlandeau than I did a week ago. Marie and Dark Fina were both great gets and give me more to work on, so it's okay.

I still might buy lapis for another shot. XD
I totally know the feeling. Got Dark Fina off banner during player's choice and it stung real good. Learned my lesson on chasing tho.

I'm now really happy to have her tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom