• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuffymon

She's awesome enough that I'd actually make more mage Tm's in general, until then It's weapons/armor/materia for dps/tank/healer

Not that I will get anything worth mentioned, but I may as well do a daily for the last day of Cid. If rainbow please be Olive #2 or Queen #2 k thx.

Takuan

I did one too, got three golds (none new, although one was Soleil) and a bunch of blues, none useful. Hope Dark Fina at least is useful to you.
I pulled so many Exdeaths in my chase for husbando that I could live without her, but I'm pretty sure I'll use her.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Is this FFT event going to be replaced by anything in the near future? I haven't made any story progress in weeks between that and the Ifrit thing but I've been able to get so much nice gear and awaken my first 6-star thanks to all these events.

Muku

You don't want to know.

j/k it was Snow.

LOL. Well better than the other S.
Shadow

LiQ: Depends how much you want to put into the Easter Event coming up. If it's too much work, you can stop early and do story. In fact, if it's really bad, I'll do the bare minimum and catch up on the newest story stuff that has come out. And level Nichol, Jake, Lasswell, Y'shtola, and Minfilia.

Pejo

Topped up a little bit of lapis for a final 10+1 on Orlandu banner, got a bunch of crap. Nothing even exciting TM wise. Ah well, I'll wait for another banner with him.

I'll probably do at least 1 10+1 on this new banner. Would love to get the 3* and 4* bases. Don't really want the hybrid gal for now, but I'm sure she'll have some stupid flashiness that I don't understand yet that will make me want her (Olive style).

tuffymon

I hate having such a high lapis intake right now... I want to use it >.>; but but, I want to wait and cross my fingers for a DQ or 1 year anniversary T.T

Told myself not to go for a daily and have not since 4 days back.... decided to do one anyway..

OVELIA...thanks, knew I should have stayed away.

Shouta

Interesting. I feel like I get way luckier in FE:H than this game, too. Out of all the gacha games I play, I feel like this one is the least generous with premium units.

Honestly, that has more to do with the fact that the rat race (keeping up in power levels) FFBE gets folks in skews player's perceptions. It's trained folks to see 5-star units as the only viable units because they're the premium. However, that's really not the case as Valentus has shown everyone time and time again, 4-star units in general are viable units. So on any given banner, 20% of the pulls you'll get will be usable.

FE:H is actually worse than FFBE when you look at rates for worthwhile pulls, IMO. Because of the high requirements to evolve units and the power difference between star levels, only 5-star units are worthwhile out of the gate. That pretty much means only 6% of pulls are usable to a player from a banner. I mean, it's balanced out by the fact that all units can reach 5-stars, the power difference between units isn't that pronounced, the current pool is relatively small, and skill inheritance has dulled that edge but it's still pretty abysmal.

Basically, FFBE has messed with everyone and we need to recognize that to continue to play the game healthily. =P

Muku

I feel like this game is holding back folks favorite characters. At least, that's kind of the feeling I get. I'm lucky that Orlandu finally came out. But I'd kill for FF7 or some TWEWY love. But there are other characters folks would love to see. Heck, I'd love to see Setzer finally. But it also comes down to having folks favorite characters be complete shit. Poor Shadow wades in misery for most part. (Hax full TM'd ones don't count, LOL.) Why can't some of the poor forgotten crappy ones get some love?

Also, not overly happy with most of the BE units lately. CNY was an exception. And Olive (even though I don't own) and Shine were cool. But we have so many units from so many games... but we gotta rely on new ones. :( Very few BE units have made an impression on me. (I love Miyuki though!)

Well, he's still in the pool... at least. Will probably troll you when you want the banner 5* though. Haha.

My alt... got another Firion. Meh. That account is just screwed.

Lol yeah. The old man will show his face when I'm pulling for Tidus or something.

Why are you running an alt account anyway? Isn't it exhausting to do everything twice?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Honestly, that has more to do with the fact that the rat race (keeping up in power levels) FFBE gets folks in skews player's perceptions. It's trained folks to see 5-star units as the only viable units because they're the premium. However, that's really not the case as Valentus has shown everyone time and time again, 4-star units in general are viable units. So on any given banner, 20% of the pulls you'll get will be usable.

FE:H is actually worse than FFBE when you look at rates for worthwhile pulls, IMO. Because of the high requirements to evolve units and the power difference between star levels, only 5-star units are worthwhile out of the gate. That pretty much means only 6% of pulls are usable to a player from a banner. I mean, it's balanced out by the fact that all units can reach 5-stars, the power difference between units isn't that pronounced, the current pool is relatively small, and skill inheritance has dulled that edge but it's still pretty abysmal.

Basically, FFBE has messed with everyone and we need to recognize that to continue to play the game healthily. =P

I would also like to note, how my time with FEH felt closer to be a stat check. FFBE, seems more about how to build characters and team comp, rather than having to be able to hit harder than the opponent. As Val and others show, there have been lots of strategies and tactics that some how overcome the power gap each time.

As you said, all content in FFBE is doable with 4* units or down. 5* units simply jump the power gap is all, but aren't required. So taking it into strides, you can basically be completely F2P and still do all content. FEH, I'm not feeling it. Rather, a 20,000 feather gap to level a character meant a month+ if you want to get one to 5*. Comparing to FFBE, where you can typically level a character in a weekend from 3* to 6*, nor are the mats something you need to save months for. The 3* and 4* units are far more useful in FFBE.

Sure you have a better chance to get a 5* unit, but those 5* units are far more required compared to here where for example on the Giglamesh trial. Most teams were composed of 4* units or less like Refia, Cecil, Buttz, Snow, Ling, etc. Basically you're far more likely to get a useful character than a useless one.

Also add in how easy it is to summon in FFBE compared to FEH. Every mogking is 10 summons, dailies and daily rewards typically give you a handfull, missions, etc.

tuffymon

im spending it as it comes in on refills :(

It's what I normally do too, but that won't get me a couple of units I'm eyeing in the near future~

I feel like this game is holding back folks favorite characters. At least, that's kind of the feeling I get. But it also comes down to having folks favorite characters be complete shit. Poor Shadow wades in misery for most part. (Hax full TM'd ones don't count, LOL.) Why can't some of the poor forgotten crappy ones get some love?

I loved Cyan and Sabin from 6, but man did they get crapped on here... Cyan was still pretty good at the release of the game, but was overshadowed pretty quickly... I loved his LB and it filled pretty quickly too.

Is the unit calculator working right for anyone else? Pulled it up twice and it's not showing materia slots... NM Garland doesn't get any slots until his 6 star form... wtf Garland.

Kouriozan

Persona 5 is eating all my time, I'm just on TM farming autopilot...
But starting tomorrow we'll have to run explorations 24/7, RIP my social life.

Visceir

I loved Cyan and Sabin from 6, but man did they get crapped on here... Cyan was still pretty good at the release of the game, but was overshadowed pretty quickly... I loved his LB and it filled pretty quickly too.

The recent JP FF IX event gave Vivi 4* -> 6* and made Zidane, arguably the worst 5*, a somewhat decent and usable 6*. FFBE is pretty good about giving new life and purpose to old units via enhancements and upgrades.

There's also another FF VI banner in the works and chances are there will be new versions of units we've already got in the game, much like there are two versions of Ramzas and Terras already.

Wouldn't hold my breath for a top tier Cyan or Sabin though.

Pejo

Yea, I get what you're saying, but 5* just plain have a better rate in FE, it's advertised right there where you can actively check your rate anytime you want. I'm not defending that game as the end-all, be-all gacha experience, because it seriously lacks depth and interesting things to do. However, 5* mathematically just are not as rare at a base 6% (which grows the longer you don't pull one) vs. 1% here.

Also, most content (aka Training Tower and event maps) is very possible with 4* units. Then there's even those gluttons for punishment like on Reddit that beat the hardest content in the game (those Grand Hero Battles) with 3* units, so it's not like it's entirely different. Though I agree, for the average user, 5* is a must.

I think the other big thing that makes me feel better in FE is just the actual gacha system. 13 bucks to pull 5 characters just doesn't feel as bad to me as the ridiculous up-front cost to do a single 10+1 pull in Exvius.

Syntsui

The higher rates for 5* in Fire Emblem means nothing when you pull that great unit that automatically becomes useless because it has bad IVs and will never ever do what it is supposed to do (either tank X unit or OHKO Y unit).

Shouta

It's what I normally do too, but that won't get me a couple of units I'm eyeing in the near future~

Is the unit calculator working right for anyone else? Pulled it up twice and it's not showing materia slots... NM Garland doesn't get any slots until his 6 star form... wtf Garland.

FFVI is coming to JP. I'm actually hoping Sabin and Edgar are going to be in the event because we need the Figaro Brothers to have their time in the limelight. The question is which new chars would they add for a Sabin and Edgar event in that case.

Yea, I get what you're saying, but 5* just plain have a better rate in FE, it's advertised right there where you can actively check your rate anytime you want. I'm not defending that game as the end-all, be-all gacha experience, because it seriously lacks depth and interesting things to do. However, 5* mathematically just are not as rare at a base 6% (which grows the longer you don't pull one) vs. 1% here.

Also, most content (aka Training Tower and event maps) is very possible with 4* units. Then there's even those gluttons for punishment like on Reddit that beat the hardest content in the game (those Grand Hero Battles) with 3* units, so it's not like it's entirely different. Though I agree, for the average user, 5* is a must.

I think the other big thing that makes me feel better in FE is just the actual gacha system. 13 bucks to pull 5 characters just doesn't feel as bad to me as the ridiculous up-front cost to do a single 10+1 pull in Exvius.

Right, the 5-star rate is better at face value but as I said, a bit of that FFBE distortion is in play there too. When you look at the bigger picture, there's a ton of viable units in FFBE. It's just our thirst for premium units is too strong.

I will agree that the bite-sized pulls are much more appetizing though.

The higher rates for 5* in Fire Emblem means nothing when you pull that great unit that automatically becomes useless because it has bad IVs and will never ever do what it is supposed to do (either tank X unit or OHKO Y unit).

I hate that so much. I hate that there aren't dodge mechanics too though most folks will disagree.

Any claim that fe:h has a decent progression system falls lightly on my ears.. Because you know, feathers scarcity for upgrade...

The feather setup is sooo bad. It's such a terrible idea.

Alkez

So are we getting the new banner tomorrow? I'm a bit confused. Feels like it varies between Thursday and Friday now.

So are we getting the new banner tomorrow? I'm a bit confused. Feels like it varies between Thursday and Friday now.

Yup. The Easter banner and event will be available after the 8 hour maintenance tonight.

And along those lines, today is the last day for the Orlandu banner and Auracite event, so make sure you wrap that up.

Alkez

Yup. The Easter banner and event will be available after the 8 hour maintenance tonight.

And along those lines, today is the last day for the Orlandu banner and Auracite event, so make sure you wrap that up.

Cool thanks. Managed to finish the event today from doing the daily missions so that worked out for me.

Looking forward to a new banner. Decided not to daily during week 2 as the rest of the banner wasn't good. Would like to get the Ice Queen but not holding my breath. Dailies it will be.

tuffymon

There's also another FF VI banner in the works and chances are there will be new versions of units we've already got in the game, much like there are two versions of Ramzas and Terras already.

Wouldn't hold my breath for a top tier Cyan or Sabin though.

FFVI is coming to JP. I'm actually hoping Sabin and Edgar are going to be in the event because we need the Figaro Brothers to have their time in the limelight. The question is which new chars would they add for a Sabin and Edgar event in that case.

Calling it now, Mog and Umaro!

I'm putting this out there because I think it'll help me stop if it's in words, but I am officially not spending anymore money on a mobile game again. And I need to STICK to it. When I quit Record Keeper it was tough, but it had to be done. I'm not quitting Exvius, but I will not spend another cent. I went through my bank records (tax season) and I found I officially hit $1000 on Exvius alone. Fuck that. So not worth it at all. But I'm invested, so I will keep playing till the end.

I solemnly swear not to spend a dime!!!!

tuffymon

The lack of Relm and Strago bothers me. Although Strago will probably come with a Blue Mage banner with Quistis and Quina or something.

I could see Strago, but not until blue magic/mages have been tweaked/fixed~ Relm on the otherhand... I don't see her being as useful, but I don't make the game, maybe they can pull it off /shrug

Ken

I'm putting this out there because I think it'll help me stop if it's in words, but I am officially not spending anymore money on a mobile game again. And I need to STICK to it. When I quit Record Keeper it was tough, but it had to be done. I'm not quitting Exvius, but I will not spend another cent. I went through my bank records (tax season) and I found I officially hit $1000 on Exvius alone. Fuck that. So not worth it at all. But I'm invested, so I will keep playing till the end.

Rip

c-murph

Damn, $80cdn is generally my max for any game because that's retail cost. LE and CE included because all that junk isn't worth shit.

But Exvius has gotten me too. I foolishly spend like $50 a month so I can keep my lapis stock and constantly farm TM... I have quite a few toys for my party and wonder if I should still be spending...

Lyrian

Welp.

Final-ish anecdotal rates are up for the Ifrit Raid.

Funny thing..... Y'shtola DID have the standard 1% rainbow draw rate....

... *** IF *** the pull decided to roll on the unit draw table, then it followed roughly normal banner gacha rates.

BUT.... you had a 1 in 8 chance on a pull to actually roll on the unit table.... and then a 1 in 100 chance after that of rolling a rainbow crystal.

Therefore, Y'shtola's draw rate was 1 in 800, or 0.125%.

Odds of pulling a single Y'sh:

Y'sh in 100 pulls (100k points): 11.8%
Y'sh in 500 pulls (500k points): 46.5%
Y'sh in 1200 pulls (1.2m points - the guarantee): 77.7%
Y'sh in 2000 pulls (2.0m points): 91.8%
Y'sh in 2500 pulls (2.5m points): 95.6%

In English:

Approximately 1 in 4 people serverwide that could get to the guaranteed Y'sh at 1.2m points still hadn't drawn her.

Approximately 1 in 12 people still didn't draw her by 2 million points.

At slightly less than 2.5 million points, there was still a in 1 in 20 chance (the natural chance of a pulling on-banner gold unit [assuming one per banner]) of STILL not pulling a Y'sh.

Ladies and gentleman, those are some CRAP odds right there.

Valentus

So i read some jp playas (shouta i summon thee!) That the real nightmare of enhacements are not the tier 5 materials (the ones that are on King mog or special events only)... Are the tier 4 materials, because they only appear in the material vortex, but the rate of drop of them are 1 Each 300 nrg(!!!!!)

So getting a xon (that increases rare ítem drop) then must be crucial for Farming mats.

Celegus

So i read some jp playas (shouta i summon thee!) That the real nightmare of enhacements are not the tier 5 materials (the ones that are on King mog or special events only)... Are the tier 4 materials, because they only appear in the material vortex, but the rate of drop of them are 1 Each 300 nrg(!!!!!)

So getting a xon (that increases rare ítem drop) then must be crucial for Farming mats.

I wonder if he even works in the vortex. Isn't that similar to Locke's treasure hunter skill that was confirmed to not work in vortex?

Visceir

Pretty much. With bad rng luck you'll prob be spending more than a week grinding the vortex for mats. Considering how op some enhancements are I'd say it's well worth it...these are TM+ tier upgrades. Need to approach it with the right mindset to avoid frustration.

Even though it's highly contested how effective Treasure Hunter is for farming mats I'd prob be trying to add every single one into my party, if even for the placebo effect. Going by my JP version farming I felt like it did make a difference -- if the drop rate is 0.5% and it gets multiplied by 1.5x it'll still be just 0,75% and rare as hell (not real rates, just an example)

Lyrian

Even though it's highly contested how effective Treasure Hunter is for farming mats I'd prob be trying to add every single one into my party, if even for the placebo effect. Going by my JP version farming I felt like it did make a difference -- if the drop rate is 0.5% and it gets multiplied by 1.5x it'll still be just 0,75% and rare as hell (not real rates, just an example)

Locke's TM boosts the rarity level of drops, assuming that the drops are not bonus drops from an enemy (like sacred crystals in the awakening vortex).

So questions then:

1) Are the awakening gems the only items that drop off opponents in the vortex? Or are they bonus drops like sacred crystals?

2) If they are the only drops in the vortex, are the drops different rarity levels (T1 = 1*, T5 = 5*)?

Celegus

So, final tally:

ELT clears: 153
Yellow choco: 11
Black choco: 11
Red choco: 29

Wife's account for comparison

ELT: 176 (wow she did more than me!?)
Yellow: 4
Black: 18
Red: 35

Visceir

Locke's TM boosts the rarity level of drops, assuming that the drops are not bonus drops from an enemy (like sacred crystals in the awakening vortex).

So questions then:

1) Are the awakening gems the only items that drop off opponents in the vortex? Or are they bonus drops like sacred crystals?

2) If they are the only drops in the vortex, are the drops different rarity levels (T1 = 1*, T5 = 5*)?

Confusing questions.

Enhancement vortex only drops enhancement materials, there are 3 vortexes with each having a pool for different colors of materials, so even if you get a T4 material it could be the wrong color. Only the last wave enemy has a chance to drop T4 material, the previous waves drop T1 - T3 mats.

Lyrian

Confusing questions.

Enhancement vortex only drops enhancement materials, there are 3 vortexes with each having a pool for different colors of materials, so even if you get a T4 material it could be the wrong color. Only the last wave enemy has a chance to drop T4 material, the previous waves drop T1 - T3 mats.

Let me rephrase then,

-- Is it possible to get anything like a beast meat or an esper cryst off of any enemy in the vortex in addition to the awakening gem?

-- Do the different tiers of gems have different star rarities in the inventory screen?

These are seemingly silly questions, but the exact answers are critically important in determining whether Locke helps with these or not.

Lyrian

T1 = 2*, +1 for each ascending level, capping at 6*.

That's a great answer.

Just need the answer to the other question then.

Are gems the **only** drop in the vortex, or do enemies also drop some trash item in addition to the T1 - 4 gems?

bonkeng

That's a great answer.

Are gems the **only** drop in the vortex, or do enemies also drop some trash item in addition to the T1 - 4 gems?

Good to know that our resident GAF analyst is already analysing how the drop rates for the enhancements mats will be.

across

That's a great answer.

Can't get a definitive answer on this one but Visceir implied that only gems drop. Anyone who plays JP should be able to answer this quick smart (plenty of JP players in the FFBE Discord).

This is also all contingent upon the Gumi rep being correct with how Locke's ability works, as well as whether or not it interacts with all materials, et cetera. Still, doubt there's much harm in assuming it works and putting him in your future Vortex farming party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom