• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malakhov

Banned
I just watched a video on YouTube that explains the enhancements and damn, it takes months just to enhance a unit. Every king mog event you can buy one top tier gem but it's 100k of that event's currency, ouch.

Lyrian

Can't get a definitive answer on this one but Visceir implied that only gems drop. Anyone who plays JP should be able to answer this quick smart (plenty of JP players in the FFBE Discord).

This is also all contingent upon the Gumi rep being correct with how Locke's ability works, as well as whether or not it interacts with all materials, et cetera. Still, doubt there's much harm in assuming it works and putting him in your future Vortex farming party.

In general, for Locke's Treasure Hunter to be valid, two conditions must be simultaneously present (which almost never is on Global).

1) Items on an enemy's drop table **must** have different rarity grades. Locke's TM boosts the chances that a higher rarity grade item drops from an enemy. This is usually the easy requirement to satisfy.

2) The enemy in question **must** only have one drop table (i.e. no possibility for "bonus" or second drops out of the same chest drop). This condition practically never exists on Global for anything meaningful (except slightly for farming sacred crystals off late-story bosses) and is the reason why Locke is useless in Awakening Vortex (because the sacred/holy crystal is a "bonus" drop and not the primary drop affected by his skill).

If indeed the gems have different rarity grades (as across noted), **and** there is literally zero possibility for anything besides an awakening gem to drop from an enemy in the vortex, then Locke's skill will work. If the gems are in bonus drop territory, like in the Awakening vortex, then Locke is still useless here.

Takuan

What the shit, banner's done tonight? Okay, fuck it, Yolo. Dolphin mode engaged.

2 10+1's and $84 Canadian dollars later...

I GOT HIM.

I feel dirty. Bed time.

Lyrian

I just watched a video on YouTube that explains the enhancements and damn, it takes months just to enhance a unit. Every king mog event you can buy one top tier gem but it's 100k of that event's currency, ouch.

As others have said on the previous page, it's the T4 gems that are the true gate more so than the T5 ones.

The reality of the matter is that the need to farm the gems vortex for ability awakening gems is going to be an enormous energy sink that is going to going to essentially put the breaks on a lot of TM farming, especially for F2Pers. Players are going to have to choose (assuming no refills) whether to farm ES for TM credit or re-direct that energy to the gems vortex.

Gut feeling wants to tell me that perhaps ability enhancements were pushed out way early to curtail casual TM farming via macros without lapis refills.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Desperation move....did 2 more pulls for 500 each on the Orlandu banner..only got trash and am out of Lapis again. Should have saved those Lapis for Daily pulls for upcoming banners....

Well - at least the Orlandu dream(nightmare) is over and i can concentrate on the regular game again.

Rixa

Desperation move....did 2 more pulls for 500 each on the Orlandu banner..only got trash and am out of Lapis again. Should have saved those Lapis for Daily pulls for upcoming banners....

Well - at least the Orlandu dream(nightmare) is over and i can concentrate on the regular game again.

Maybe you are lucky and pull off banner Trollandu O_O.

Iam going to do one 10+1 after maintenance for new units. As always expecting jack shit and prolly getting loads of it.

across

Gut feeling wants to tell me that perhaps ability enhancements were pushed out way early to curtail casual TM farming via macros without lapis refills.

Very insightful, hadn't thought of it that way. Will definitely cause me to re-evaluate my energy expenditure. Situational/minor upgrade TMs are going to drop considerably in importance. I've already started Letters & Arms x4 so I'll probably finish them, unwise as it might be, but yeah, I'd rather have enhancements on units like Ramza, Firion, Gilgamesh etc., than the vast majority of TMs.

Malakhov

Banned
As others have said on the previous page, it's the T4 gems that are the true gate more so than the T5 ones.

The reality of the matter is that the need to farm the gems vortex for ability awakening gems is going to be an enormous energy sink that is going to going to essentially put the breaks on a lot of TM farming, especially for F2Pers. Players are going to have to choose (assuming no refills) whether to farm ES for TM credit or re-direct that energy to the gems vortex.

Yes, there will definitely be a choice to be made between tms and gems from the vortex unless we do energy refreshes.

Also, we will not progress on that front during events unless once again, you use lapis refreshes.

Difficult times coming...

Malakhov

Banned
Very insightful, hadn't thought of it that way. Will definitely cause me to re-evaluate my energy expenditure. Situational/minor upgrade TMs are going to drop considerably in importance. I've already started Letters & Arms x4 so I'll probably finish them, unwise as it might be, but yeah, I'd rather have enhancements on units like Ramza, Firion, Gilgamesh etc., than the vast majority of TMs.
We will see tms from a different view. Besides the most important ones like sword mastery, dual wield, dual cast, genji gloves, 30% atk etc...I doubt we will have the time for farm such trivial tms like omnirods like we used to from now on.

Shouta

There will be story events coming soon that focus specifically on giving you the Tier 5 stones as a reward for finishing them without farming for currency.

What the shit, banner's done tonight? Okay, fuck it, Yolo. Dolphin mode engaged.

2 10+1's and $84 Canadian dollars later...

I GOT HIM.

I feel dirty. Bed time.

Congrats, lol

Malakhov

Banned
There will be story events coming soon that focus specifically on giving you the Tier 5 stones as a reward for finishing them without farming for currency.
Have you ever had to wait for t5 stones or its really the lesser ones (t4) causing problems?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
2nd Shine done, so I'm back to Cupid Lunas. With the Soluna Rings, beast mode with Tilith or Refia is possible. 1st one is at 60% between 3 Lunas, next one is at 20% between two. Going with two rings.

Probably do Luka's next.

Still waiting for a high HP + SPR/MP/or Mana regen one. The Soluna Rings + a Luka TM should basically take care of all my MP issues. I would like to add on two 20%+ HP ones + one of the other stats.

bonkeng

Good lord Frevia seems OP. Another Doublehand finisher with 800% hybrid ice damage that also lowers 50% ice element. Can only wield Sword but has passive 100% atk and 50% mag when equip with Sword. Nice kit.

Xon's kit is also interesting. 100% steal rate, Treasure Hunter. Good weapon selection.

tuffymon

Good lord Frevia seems OP. Another Doublehand finisher with 800% hybrid ice damage that also lowers 50% ice element. Can only wield Sword but has passive 100% atk and 50% mag when equip with Sword. Nice kit.

Xon's kit is also interesting. 100% steal rate, Treasure Hunter. Good weapon selection.

Let's not forget Dark Knight's Soul... What the hell, Frevia get's some nice passives...

Malakhov

Banned
Meh, fryevia is nice but a base 5*. Won't be pulling on this one unless it gives us a good bonus for eggs from having them on our team.

across

Ice Block, Cold Snap, Icy Veins...

We've got a Frost Mage player on the FFBE team here.

Desperately want Fryevia but my days of chasing 5* bases are behind me for a while.

bonkeng

You don't think it'd matter with her 2 damage boosting passives, a doublehand, and dks?

Yes it matters. Dks will be a big help to her.

I'm just thinking since hybrid damage is calculated with atk and mag, and the best outcome is to focus on 1 stat, having lower max atk than Olive means most likely she's weaker than Olive. I do like that her passives are attached to her and not her TM like Olive's Sparky. That means she can use Moonblade or Mana Sword without a hit to her passive.

Malakhov

Banned
Yes it matters. Dks will be a big help to her.

I'm just thinking since hybrid damage is calculated with atk and mag, and the best outcome is to focus on 1 stat, having lower max atk than Olive means most likely she's weaker than Olive. I do like that her passives are attached to her and not her TM like Olive's Sparky. That means she can use Moonblade or Mana Sword without a hit to her passive.
You have to focus on her MAG because her atk passives are low and her equipment selection is poor. No icecalibur either, her tm is the only good option for her.

She has no ice debuff to her attack like orlandeau has also. She's still a good unit but nothing to be really excited about.

She is like a mix of tidus and orlandeau, being you have to use one attack to infuse your weapon with ice element and then go for it.

bonkeng

You have to focus on her MAG because her atk passives are low and her equipment selection is poor. No icecalibur either, her tm is the only good option for her.

She has no ice debuff to her attack like orlandeau has also. She's still a good unit but nothing to be really excited about.

She is like a mix of tidus and orlandeau, being you have to use one attack to infuse your weapon with ice element and then go for it.

She does have 50% Ice Elemental debuff. Just like Orlandu's Ruination. But she can only take advantage of it on turn 2 as she's a DHer, unlike Orlandu who can immediately take advantage on his 2nd hit as a DWer.

But her multiplier is quite high though, at 800% damage. Remains to be seen if it's multihit or singlehit. If singlehit, she'll be easy to cap a chain. If it's multihit, will be difficult like Noctis.

Edit: lol i didn't see the hit count on the wiki. It's 7 hits like Orlandu's.

across

Well... it's a stop-gap measure, really. You have to use that until you get her TM up and running, similar to Tidus or Eileen. Also, she definitely has the exact same debuff to her attack that Orlandeau does:

Hybrid ice damage (8x) to one enemy
Decrease ice resistance (50%) for 3 turns to one enemy

The problem being that since she's a Doublehand character she can't benefit from that debuff on the first round she uses the attack, vs. Orlandeau who can, thanks to DW.

130% ATK, 110% MAG from passives is no joke. 50% from DKS, 30/30% from Power of Creation (easily the best candidate for this TM so far), then Doublehand and... Letters and Arms? May be worth dropping DKS for a second copy of Letters and Arms and letting her benefit from Brave Suit buffing ATK and MAG both. Not much of a theorycrafter so I'll let someone else figure all that out.

I think she's a conceptually neat unit though.

Malakhov

Banned
She does have 50% Ice Elemental debuff. Just like Orlandu's Ruination. But she can only take advantage of it on turn 2 as she's a DHer, unlike Orlandu who can immediately take advantage on his 2nd hit as a DWer.

But her multiplier is quite high though, at 800% damage. Remains to be seen if it's multihit or singlehit. If singlehit, she'll be easy to cap a chain. If it's multihit, will be difficult like Noctis.
It is multi hit. 7 hits, same frame as orlandeau.

Yes I meant no ice debuffs in her equivalent of ruination because of doublehand. Plus ruination helps all the rest of your party since holy debuff is much more easier to exploit than ice. Holy lance, durandal, Excaliburs etc..

sasuke_91

What have you gotten so far?
Nothing actually. I didn't have any bonus units until a few days ago and running Pro only got me ~150 red orbs. ELI was too difficult unless I got an Orlandeau from one of you guys.

Wanted to go for the 18k weapon, but that's over now.

Malakhov

Banned
Well... it's a stop-gap measure, really. You have to use that until you get her TM up and running, similar to Tidus or Eileen. Also, she definitely has the exact same debuff to her attack that Orlandeau does:

Hybrid ice damage (8x) to one enemy
Decrease ice resistance (50%) for 3 turns to one enemy

The problem being that since she's a Doublehand character she can't benefit from that debuff on the first round she uses the attack, vs. Orlandeau who can, thanks to DW.

130% ATK, 110% MAG from passives is no joke. 50% from DKS, 30/30% from Power of Creation (easily the best candidate for this TM so far), then Doublehand and... Letters and Arms? May be worth dropping DKS for a second copy of Letters and Arms and letting her benefit from Brave Suit buffing ATK and MAG both. Not much of a theorycrafter so I'll let someone else figure all that out.

I think she's a conceptually neat unit though.
Letter and arms will be the way to go for sure. Hope you guys who will pull her have a lot of ingus lol

bonkeng

It is multi hit. 7 hits, same frame as orlandeau.

Yes I meant no ice debuffs in her equivalent of ruination because of doublehand. Plus ruination helps all the rest of your party since holy debuff is much more easier to exploit than ice. Holy lance, durandal, Excaliburs etc..

My edit was a minute late.

Yeah you're right about the debuff and the comparison to Holy.

She's indeed a good unit, but i won't be pulling 5k pulls for her.

Malakhov

Banned
Nothing actually. I didn't have any bonus units until a few days ago and running Pro only got me ~150 red orbs. ELI was too difficult unless I got an Orlandeau from one of you guys.

Wanted to go for the 18k weapon, but that's over now.
You could get the cheap tickets. Then you should wait two weeks (I think that's how long you'll have to trade them after the event) in case you pull a great unit you want to use the gigantuars on. If not then get the cheap star quartz and some awakening mats for units you have who will have future 6* upgrades.

Its up to you :)

sasuke_91

You could get the cheap tickets. Then you should wait two weeks (I think that's how long you'll have to trade them after the event) in case you pull a great unit you want to use the gigantuars on. If not then get the cheap star quartz and some awakening mats for units you have who will have future 6* upgrades.

Thanks for the advice :)

I run a new team with 4* units right now and they all have 6* versions, so I definitely have some need of Gigantuars and awakening materials 😂

Rixa

Thanks for the advice :)

I run a new team with 4* units right now and they all have 6* versions, so I definitely have some need of Gigantuars and awakening materials ��

I think trading time is 7 days after event has ended.

tuffymon

That moment when you notice the new summon simulator and pull Fryevia on the first pull... Whelp, there goes all my luck >.>; kept doing it over and over... double fryevia >.>; I'll never see something like that

Rixa

If you are a whale and grab 4 Freyevia's you have 2 superb units :p

You just need shitton of TM's too...

Orlandeau build

Right Hand: Genji Blade +107ATK

Left Hand: Excalibur +120ATK+Light Element

Head: Black Cowl +28ATK+25DEF+25SPR+100%Sleep

Body: Brave Suit +51DEF+15%ATK+15%MAG

Accessory 1: Genji Glove +10%ATK/MAG & Dual Wield

Accessory 2: Bracer +30ATK+15%HP

Ability 1: Blade Mastery +50% ATK Katana

Ability 2: Quick Assault +30% ATK +10%Evasion

Ability 3: Quick Assault +30% ATK +10%Evasion

Ability 4: Quick Assault +30% ATK +10%Evasion

Fryevia's doublehand builds don't turn out very well after mathing it out, so below is the dual wield BiS build.

Right Hand: Fryevia's Needle +92ATK, +112 MAG

Left Hand: Fryevia's Needle +92ATK, +112 MAG

Head: Creepy Mask +15MP+15DEF+30MAG

Body: Rainbow Robe +45 MAG

Accessory 1: Genji Glove +10%ATK/MAG & Dual Wield

Accessory 2: Celestial Gloves +30ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR

Ability 1-3: Letters and Arms +50% Mag w/ Sword

Ability 4: Power of Creation +30% ATK +30% MAG (10% more stats total)

Esper = Ramuh (60 mag 17 atk)

571 ATK+ 987 MAG

If we use /u/tallrangerfan 's maths this build comes up with the same conclusion he did, Fryevia does about 1.6x more damage.

TL;DR Fryevia does more damage. Costs a truck ton more.

across

This banner is 'daily and hope Xon pops out', basically. Seems like Olive still has the GL-exclusive Doublehand crown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom