• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valentus

.eJwFwVEOxBAQANC7-MdgjLbX2ANsRIUmLcLs12bvvu99xWfe4hCVeaxD6_Naqc9TLe4zlqxK7-XOcVxLpf7oyBxTfXLjpS0BGvJo0SAGY2jTdt-9C1ugPTjrKQDqV5o5t1U7vy2YIAElkDQgHUkLarQifn9a-if3.HwSalOJZmD2CCJ0Sw41qVwD8cXo

FUCK YOU GUMI

FUCK YOU X1000 GUMI

THANKS FUCKING GUMI

SeanTSC

Just got 542+4236 and 470+4588 eggs from the highest story mission in the game running Locke x2, Xon w/ thief bracer (for his AE steal), and Noctis + Orlandeau to make things easy peasy.

Anyone got numbers on other levels or explores?

Kouriozan

Yay! I really wanted her but didn't want to commit resources. Can't believe my luck. 1 ticket as well.

ba49ZWnl.png

Damn grats! And Valentus too!
Her sword will be AMAZING for Ashe if you decide to get her.

Just got 542+4236 and 470+4588 eggs from the highest story mission in the game running Locke x2, Xon w/ thief bracer (for his AE steal), and Noctis + Orlandeau to make things easy peasy.

Anyone got numbers on other levels or explores?

3500 on Snowy Woods exploration, stealing everyone while doing half the battle.

across

I'm generally just looking for an excuse to pull and aoe steal seemed awesome for the event. So I did an 11 pull

I need cactuars

Reddit math with Fryevia BIS (dual-wielding her TM with optimal abilities/gear) puts her at 1.6 of a BIS Orlandeau. Assuming you don't have two WKN TMs I'm sure it's still around the 1.4-1.5 mark.

Enjoy your ascent to godhood.

Myze

It seems like the higher level Explorations up the max amount of eggs per drop, but the min is still around 30ish. So, in other words, you might max out at 30ish on Grandshelt explorations, but max out at 350-400ish in Mysidia.

I got ~3500 from a run of Abandoned Orphanage going straight through (950+ from last boss, the three Magitechs).

edit: Guess it could just be bad luck, but Rainbow Eggs seem to be pretty rare. Only got 1 so far in ~90 pulls. Looks like a good way to pile up Megacites though.

Lyrian

Just saw all the vendors.

Everything takes Rainbow Eggs from the gacha? Even buying the recipes?

Metal eggs serve literally no other purpose than to pull the gacha. Both vendors only accept rainbow eggs for transactions.

Scary though.... as everything except for 1 item is priced at 1 Rainbow Egg each (and then the recipes require even more rainbow eggs themselves),

Recipes for weaker versions of the Magi Staff and Black Cowl are on the vendor, and there is some form of the Soul Crown as the only recipe that requires 2 rainbow eggs. No clue what makes double the price of the other recipes though.

Event items are 1 max per player, and are made by crafting multiples of other recipes and fusing them together (which makes literally zero sense, but whatever).

bonkeng

Thats the only consolation i had...

cmon bonk and zera, its your time now.

Lol I'm gonna take a pass on this one. She's too expensive too gear properly. You can gear her perfectly since you also have a billion Luneths while I have none.

But I'll happily test your unit out to chain with my Yunlandu chains.

Rokuren

Well someone is going to do some awesome ice chains hehe.

Reddit math with Fryevia BIS (dual-wielding her TM with optimal abilities/gear) puts her at 1.6 of a BIS Orlandeau. Assuming you don't have two WKN TMs I'm sure it's still around the 1.4-1.5 mark.

Enjoy your ascent to godhood.

Well, shit. Didn't realize she was that strong. Zelda/Persona has me lightly following the thread. Now I'm even more sad I used the FFT Cactuars leveling Laswell and Jake, because story units.

On the one hand Mogcakes 2.0; on the other hand looks like another currency summon wth cactuars

Alkez

I have 10 moogles that I had stored up for a potential Eileen. Should I just use them now on Fryevia or grind her TM manually?

Good luck!
Grats! I'm very curious to see her animations - fencer-type units in games tend to have great ones.
Damn grats!
Her sword will be AMAZING for Ashe if you decide to get her.

Thanks guys :)

I will be going for Ashe when she drops. Looking forward to that banner actually.

Nope. It meant that currently she gains the bonus when wielding any 1 handed weapons plus shield.

Ah yeah that makes sense.

Imagine if a couple 10+1 pulls were something you could just burn as a "whatever, I'll just not eat out this Thursday night" kinda thing. In the $10-15 range or something. Ah well.

Frankly I'm much more interested, now, in who is going to be in the first wave of enhancements. Surely a mix-up is on the horizon. Subtract Ramza, add Demon Rain. A recipe for success!

It would be nice. The price of lapis really is too high. I would be much more inclined to give them money if it was more reasonable.

I'm definitely with on you on enhancements. Ramza for sure is going to be pushed back, and yeah maybe they'll do the Halloween units and/or the Christmas units. I hope so, they could use a buff.

bonkeng

I have 10 moogles that I had stored up for a potential Eileen. Should I just use them now on Fryevia or grind her TM manually?

Ok, one question, are you whaling on Eileen until you get her? If yes, then keep 10 moogles.

If not, then use it on Frevia. She needs her TM as much as Eileen needs hers.

And max her already lol.

SeanTSC

Man, you guys so easily pulling Rainbows.

Nope, not gonna get caught up, I refuse to spend more money after that Orlandeau bullshit. I swear it this time. Nope nope nope.

SeanTSC

Wait, you did get him, right?

Oh yeah, I did. It was bullshit though.

Edit: I had 110 tickets saved up the day before. Like, it was draining to not spend those on events. Ended up doing 179 pulls to get him. Spending money I really, really, REALLY shouldn't have. All on me, but god.

across

Scattered impressions from Reddit are suggesting explorations may not be a slam dunk this time around, which I'm personally fine with.

I have another hour before my energy caps so I'm going to let everyone else figure out what the frontrunners are for egg efficiency before I spend. If explorations aren't the winner then I think the best rank exp+eggs/NRG is going to be the way to go here.

Doesn't Fryevia need a 2nd one for chaining purposes? Plus the fact that she needs a shit ton of TM's to make her useful makes her a hard pass. I can't see that many people pulling for her to begin with so my friends list won't be filled with her like it is with Cid. Did I also read that she needs 2 WKN TM's to maximize her damage?

Edit: I just fucking wrote that, and I pull her on my first ticket. God dammit Gumi.

http://i.imgur.com/azwhzsw.jpg

I always pull the rainbows I don't want when I am trying for the 4*.

I'm just glad there's no bonus characters. Also, there's always cake/egg events when I'm traveling. It's a damned curse that I farm things at airports.

On the other hand, I've got zero desire to pull and limited desire to TM farm. Congrats on your pulls, but I think this is a hard pass banner for me.

Rokuren

Congrats to those who got Fryevia.

Scattered impressions from Reddit are suggesting explorations may not be a slam dunk this time around, which I'm personally fine with.

I have another hour before my energy caps so I'm going to let everyone else figure out what the frontrunners are for egg efficiency before I spend. If explorations aren't the winner then I think the best rank exp+eggs/NRG is going to be the way to go here.

Oh man, please be the case.

across

Doesn't Fryevia need a 2nd one for chaining purposes? Plus the fact that she needs a shit ton of TM's to make her useful makes her a hard pass. I can't see that many people pulling for her to begin with so my friends list won't be filled with her like it is with Cid. Did I also read that she needs 2 WKN TM's to maximize her damage?

Edit: I just fucking wrote that, and I pull her on my first ticket. God dammit Gumi.

I mean... pulling specifically for her is not a great idea. Her BIS is a lot of situational/conditional stuff, yes. Difference between WKN TM and Vanille TM is not so insane that it's a deal-breaker. But even poverty Fryevia with Enhancer in the offhand is better than BIS Orlandeau if you're willing to grind Letters & Arms, I believe.

I suspect she's going to be about as common (or uncommon) as Yun, possibly less - so if you pull one and kit it out, you're going to be seeking out other Fryevias specifically to support her.

I alluded to this sometime last week; that's the direction friend lists are going to take as the game progresses. Pull an Eileen and you're going to need Eileen friends to chain with. Having 20 BIS Orlandeaus isn't going to do you any good. Pull two Orlandeaus but no Ramza and you're going to need some Ramzas on your friend list. Et cetera.

Of course, outside of raid events, you only need maybe a friend or two with a powerful unit to tackle a trial. A fully stacked friend list is a convenience, not a necessity.

Alkez

Ok, one question, are you whaling on Eileen until you get her? If yes, then keep 10 moogles.

If not, then use it on Frevia. She needs her TM as much as Eileen needs hers.

And max her already lol.

I have 60k lapis so i was thinking to drop a few 11s for her. But you are right about needing the weapon.

And i have no cactuars atm :( i need to do some egg summons i guess.

Pejo

Man what the fuck. 3 10+1 pulls and I only got one 3* from the banner, 0 of the 4* unit, and no rainbow in sight.

Did they even apply the banner rates to these units?

I mean... pulling specifically for her is not a great idea. Her BIS is a lot of situational/conditional stuff, yes. Difference between WKN TM and Vanille TM is not so insane that it's a deal-breaker. But even poverty Fryevia with Enhancer in the offhand is better than BIS Orlandeau if you're willing to grind Letters & Arms, I believe.

I suspect she's going to be about as common (or uncommon) as Yun, possibly less - so if you pull one and kit it out, you're going to be seeking out other Fryevias specifically to support her.

I alluded to this sometime last week; that's the direction friend lists are going to take as the game progresses. Pull an Eileen and you're going to need Eileen friends to chain with. Having 20 BIS Orlandeaus isn't going to do you any good. Pull two Orlandeaus but no Ramza and you're going to need some Ramzas on your friend list. Et cetera.

Of course, outside of raid events, you only need maybe a friend or two with a powerful unit to tackle a trial. A fully stacked friend list is a convenience, not a necessity.

I in general shouldn't have a problem with the friends thing as I have 2 Orlandu's and plan to get 2 Eileen's and possibly 2 Tidus's as well. But I guess since I pulled Fryevia anyway I may as well start farming those 20 Ingus I have ><

Alkez

I mean... pulling specifically for her is not a great idea.

I think Rob's comment said it best. Don't pull specifically for her but if you pull her it's a good pull.

I was aiming for Xon so getting her was a great surprise. I'll do dailies for now. If they're always in the pool then I won't go out of my way for him.

Lyrian

Ok... what the hell is this Craft-ception madness here? We are crafting into crafting into crafting to actually make an item?

So.... we start with metal eggs dropping from enemies.

Metal eggs are used to pull red and blue eggs from the event gacha.

-- Many red and blue eggs (super common) are used to craft Chocolate and Great eggs.

-- Multiple Chocolate, Great, and Rainbow(!!!) eggs are needed to craft Magical and Radiant eggs.

-- Multiple Magical and Radiant Eggs are needed to craft the lesser event equipment.

-- Multiple lesser event equipment pieces are needed to craft the actual event equipment (each!!).

Example:
Dual Wield Knife Recipe:

-- 1 special vendor bought egg (1 rainbow egg cost)
-- 2 lesser magi staffs (Staff of Wrath)
-- 1 lesser black cowl (Black Bandana)
-- 1 soul crown substitute (Crown of Justice) <-- 2 rainbow egg recipe
-- 300k gil

Good frigging luck making this. /facepalm

Alkez

http://i.imgur.com/azwhzsw.jpg

I always pull the rainbows I don't want when I am trying for the 4*.

Congrats I guess lol. I posted my analysis on the previous page but I think a mag focused ender is her best role on paper. But yeah unfortunately for BiS she needs two white knights for that specific build I posted.

Doctor_No

Yay! I really wanted her but didn't want to commit resources. Can't believe my luck. 1 ticket as well.

ba49ZWnl.png

Gratz!!!

I pulled her as well but I'm debating if I should go for another Fryevia to get that second needle and obtain that high MAG. However, I'm not entirely convinced on the merits of DW vs DH if you already have chainers in your team.

Valentus

Ok... what the hell is this Craft-ception madness here? We are crafting into crafting into crafting to actually make an item?

So.... we start with metal eggs dropping from enemies.

Metal eggs are used to pull red and blue eggs from the event gacha.

-- Many red and blue eggs (super common) are used to craft Chocolate and Great eggs.

-- Multiple Chocolate, Great, and Rainbow(!!!) eggs are needed to craft Magical and Radiant eggs.

-- Multiple Magical and Radiant Eggs are needed to craft the lesser event equipment.

-- Multiple lesser event equipment pieces are needed to craft the actual event equipment (each!!).

Example:
Dual Wield Knife Recipe:

-- 1 special vendor bought egg (1 rainbow egg cost)
-- 2 lesser magi staffs (Staff of Wrath)
-- 1 lesser black cowl (Black Bandana)
-- 1 soul crown substitute (Crown of Justice) <-- 2 rainbow egg recipe
-- 300k gil

Good frigging luck making this. /facepalm

But its free!

Azuran

Banned
omg, please tell me we don't have to do hours of explorations to get everything from this event. I don't want to do that when Persona 5 exists now :(

Alright the drop rate of eggs is high enough so that I think I can ignore the event today and finish off these TM's that are a few % away from completing. By the way I have done 15k worth of pulls in the egg machine and have yet to see anything other than an item. No snappers/cactuars/moogles/pots.

Zalasta

Any consensus on the most energy efficient way to farm for eggs? It seems that stealing eggs is 100% so far, no thief's bracer required.

Kouriozan

Almost 5k eggs for doing that Fina double boss battle at 9 NRG is good enough for me, don't really want to do explorations for now.

Dandte

So, grats to all who got her or the thief. I got a sazh, a seven and a few more dh and ultimas with some knuckles inbetween.

Anyway. Since i'm only at fire shrine i guess i should run the eletric tower?

Rixa

So, grats to all who got her or the thief. I got a sazh, a seven and a few more dh and ultimas with some knuckles inbetween.

Anyway. Since i'm only at fire shrine i guess i should run the eletric tower?

Or save yourself from boredom and run story further.

across

Hmm. Per updated Reddit posts, explorations are indeed the way to go... if you hate yourself, or macro explorations. I think I'll suffer with the lower rates from dungeons.

Kouriozan

Fina's Psyche
Frontlines - Power on Power (9 NRG) runs in a row.

gbE11OPl.png
xf1LftNl.png

I even had run with 5500 eggs (not stealed), so much RNG involved.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
i have two Aidens so far. i don't understand this event at all. Mog Cakes was around right at the very beginning before I could really do events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom