• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

across

I haven't run it yet, I'm just asking if it's worth running at all. Seems like far too much work. Guess after last few weeks with Ifrit and FFT event, just seems like even MORE work than those were. I don't plan on running a thief, and I have a feeling rates for getting Xon, despite being a 3* are shit.

Only thing I'm worried about is enhancement materials. But do we even have a list of who will be getting those first?

This is probably less work than either of those events and you can be done quicker as well. Explorations aren't necessary, just farm Power on Power (the last story mission we're up to so far) for something like 2-6k eggs per run and decent rank exp. Stealing eggs is 100% chance, but it isn't even strictly necessary unless you're relying on explorations. Best case scenario in Power on Power, you're looking at 150ish x 5. That's nice but not dealbreaking.

Can someone explain to me which of the recipes are the "Ultimate" rewards of this?

Like one-time materials that lead to something?

The Second Knife (dagger that gives Dual Wield) and Cold Snap (+15% ATK/MAG when equipped with heavy armor) are the one-off prizes and arguably the most attractive ones. Depending on how many copies of Dual Wield you're sitting on, Second Knife may be less important, and Cold Snap's value is also variable based on the units and TMs you have.

With all due respect to Lyrian, until I see some solid data, I'm holding off on ascribing any new or even existent effect of Xon's passive (and/or Locke's) on the eggs. I was around for Mogcakes when everyone was talking about how much better rates were with one Locke, nevermind if you could get your friend unit as Locke too... then it turned out it didn't even work on the cake mats.

Confirmation bias mixed with the placebo effect mixed with good ol' gamer superstition means I'll be taking a wait and see approach with this one. Consequently I'm going to suggest people not go crazy for Xon until there's something resembling testing on his passive.

Lyrian

This event is the perfect time for me to go through that last story mode update. Are these crafting items even worth bothering with?

Depends on what you have. If you have enough of: Dual Wields. Black Cowls, Magi Staves, and Mystery Veils/Soul Crowns, then no. The event equipment are watered down versions of these TMs.

Nirran

Geez I'm done pulling on this banner. 20 tickets and daily were all blues with no banner units LOL. I always think banner rates are bs.

Muku

Obviously we could have a curveball thrown at us, but otherwise yes we do... the ffbe reddit units list keeps up with the batch 1,2,3 etc~ Cecil, Lightning, and Garland were 1, Gilga 3, Luneth 4, Orlandu 6 or 7... etc... Garland 6* with the release of enhancements would be pretty cool >.>;

@jasmin depends on what you need, the dual wield dagger and the helm arent terrible... but if you have enough tm's already... the event isn't for you~

I know we have the JP one, but I figure at this point they might change things up a little.

I want to work on Garland, but not until he gets his 6*. Because he can't be in my group right now with no slots.

This feels worse than mogcake but I dunno. Mogcake was first event I could get into it and felt like a horrible time sink.

Lyrian

With all due respect to Lyrian, until I see some solid data, I'm holding off on ascribing any new or even existent effect of Xon's passive (and/or Locke's) on the eggs. I was around for Mogcakes when everyone was talking about how much better rates were with one Locke, nevermind if you could get your friend unit as Locke too... then it turned out it didn't even work on the cake mats.

Confirmation bias mixed with the placebo effect mixed with good ol' gamer superstition means I'll be taking a wait and see approach with this one. Consequently I'm going to suggest people not go crazy for Xon until there's something resembling testing on his passive.

Can't argue with that logic. I didn't pull a Xon this morning, so I can't objectively validate the claim.

That said, Reddit should provide all the required data needed in short order to either confirm or reject the hypothesis. They tend to be a bit zealous in regards to data, so people should be jumping over each other there to be the first to report their findings on the matter.

RedZaraki

Banned
The rough math is you can get 3 Rainbow Eggs per 5000 metal eggs which takes about 9 NRG in the right spot. This means you'll need roughly 580 NRG to get all the Rainbow Eggs you'll need. 300 NRG (total) if you full clear explorations.

That means most everyone should be done buying items in 4-5 days.

Share Xon guys, please.

Can't share something I don't have :(

Edit: This is the 2nd time I got the 5* and not the 4* when pulling. Got Noctis and no Mercedes. In fact I ended up with 2 Noctis and only 1 Mercedes at the time. And now no Xon but pulled Freasyuoujwhatever the fuck her name is. I may still just do a 10+1 and see what happens.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Share Xon guys, please.

Oh, he's actually worth sharing? I pulled him this morning without reading anything on the event and was like:

tumblr_n57yo5KjsI1qbmp7lo2_250.gif

Lyrian

Draw rates are absolute garbage for King Cactaurs/Gil Snapper Families/Burst Pots.

Eggs are easy enough to obtain, but pulling one feels like Y'shtola all over again.

Rixa

Fyi. I have used around 100 nrg to PoP story stage (End of Mysidia). This is my 2nd Burst pot from event.

Screenshot_20170406-212129.png

Feelsgood.gif

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
i'm going to go through and finally get all the story updates since i haven't done them since mid-zoldaad.

holy crap lasswell is such a neckbeard.

Muku

LOL Panther!!

So, this Crystal Egg of Power and Crystal Egg of Mind.. you can only buy one each. Is that to limit how many you can make of whatever takes them? Like the dagger? I also like how they make you buy a bunch of other shitty patterns you don't want just to make that dagger. Why is there a staff and bandana involved in this shit?

Zalasta

Got 15k eggs from Magic Library exploration, 7k from steal and 8k from drops. The only mobs you can't steal eggs from are bombs and bloody eyes. It's time consuming, but you can farm fire and light megacrysts here as well.

Lyrian

Fyi. I have used around 100 nrg to PoP story stage (End of Mysidia). This is my 2nd Burst pot from event.

Screenshot_20170406-212129.png

Feelsgood.gif

Lucky.

I've taken at least 15 50-pulls by now and still haven't seen a gold crystal anything. Have 20% of a Refia MP-regen robe though already, so that's a plus.

Xion86

Hmmm think I may stick to dungeons during the day, there is no way I can do any exploration maps all day whilst at work anyway, but can Auto dungeons for 2-3kish. Only sticking to dailies on this banner too!

Congrats to those who got lucky with the pulls though :) and interesting to read what kind of drops you're all getting in various story locations. I straight away tried out the last few dungeons to see how many I got but haven't used Steal yet.

Arena has become a chore and annoying now, so many high Evade units too.

Takuan

Wow, Power to Power is harder than I remember - and I just beat it yesterday. Dark Fina had her way with me twice with Rain / Chiz / Superfriend.

Guess I'll have to bring my main squad in and equip some steals.

robotuw

Basket of egg 300 lapis... is that worth it?

Feels expensive
A ticket and 1000 eggs

Doesn't feel worth it to me. 1000 eggs is easy to get, you can get it with a 6 NRG story mission. So that's 300 lapis for a ticket and 6 NRG. Unless you are stocking up on tickets for later you're paying 50 lapis for 6 NRG.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Basket of egg 300 lapis... is that worth it?

Feels expensive
A ticket and 1000 eggs

Great if you're stockpiling the tickets for later. 50 lapis more than a daily but 150 less than the average cost of pull in a 10+1.

I consider the eggs just a freebie.

Did a 10+1 still no Thief dude. So a Daily, 5 tickets and a 10+1 got me 4 of the healer, and the 5*, but no Thief. ughhhhhh.

Did 2 more 10+1's for Xon and still nothing. Wow get the fuck out of here with that.

Doctor_No

Did a 10+1 still no Thief dude. So a Daily, 5 tickets and a 10+1 got me 4 of the healer, and the 5*, but no Thief. ughhhhhh.

Having hard pulled for to Fryevia today, and doing close to 80 pulls, I only got 4 of him. In other banners, with this many pulls, I easily get twice that. I suspect that Xon's drop rates are lower than previous 4* base banner units.

Malakhov

Banned
Having hard pulled for to Fryevia today, and doing close to 80 pulls, I only got 4 of him. In other banners, with this many pulls, I easily get twice that. I suspect that Xon's drop rates are lower than previous 4* base banner units.
Cant wait to see tilith's rate on her second banner~~~

Celegus

25 tickets + daily got me 5 of the healer dude, but no Xon or Fry-lady. Not doing any more than that. Only two golds were Hope (ughhh) and Leon (new). Do we have any data if 4* rates are balanced? I swear Hope is the new Bedile.

Doctor_No

Except they were and we lost one of the most loved members due to it.

I can only speak anecdotally, but I did nearly as many pulls of the Brave Frontier banner to hard pull Elza, and while I do remember the 4* (Tilith) drop rate being lower than usual, I was still able to max her TM with just pulls. Xon here seems to be lower; at least from my experience.

Brave Frontier banner was a problem because it had 3 4*'s. I never pulled a Karl on that one even though I pulled Elza, like 5 Tiliths and like 10 Seria's.

Kouriozan

Well, 3 base 4* and 2 base 5* seems crazy for the new Brave Frontier banner.
Maybe Gumi will make another exclusive and split the banner in two.

creid

My energy is full but I'm leveling up soon. Is EXP vortex the best use of my energy if I want to gain as little rank xp as possible?

Malakhov

Banned
In the previous Brave Frontier banner, Tilith's drop rates weren't really that bad. Xon's here (at least anecdotally) seems to be a lot worse.
Yeah but it seems to get worst all the time and add to the fact that there will be multiple 4* units, it'll be hell.

And gumi can screw us badly, remember zidane? Yeah.

tuffymon

My energy is full but I'm leveling up soon. Is EXP vortex the best use of my energy if I want to gain as little rank xp as possible?

Not sure how much wiggle room you have, but ya, the max runs are 80 a pop...

On the drop rates, maybe there be compensation for people again... like the sheraocalypse >.>; course i don't recall them doing anything but a whoopsie on zidane, so don't expect it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom