• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xion86

Sigh, the crashes have gone up even more for me on iOS now, every few battles I'll have to log back into the game from scratch.

I'm sticking to doing
Fina's Psyche Frontlines
. Very quick and a decent amount of Eggs.

Doctor_No

Yeah but it seems to get worst all the time and add to the fact that there will be multiple 4* units, it'll be hell.

And gumi can screw us badly, remember zidane? Yeah.

We'll have to see who's in the future BF collab, we missed on on Vargas last time, but it would be weird to bring back Karl or Seria back to a banner. Both the units and their respective TMs are outdated relative to the current meta.

Malakhov

Banned
We'll have to see who's in the future BF collab, we missed on on Vargas last time, but it would be weird to bring back Karl or Seria back to a banner. Both the units and their respective TMs are outdated relative to the current meta.
But it would be a perfect reason to screw us with the 4* rates. I believe it will happen :/

Doctor_No

But it would be a perfect reason to screw us with the 4* rates. I believe it will happen :/

I think if they were gonna screw us over they would make a low-effort GL-exclusive 4* unit to thin out Tillith. They would need to incentize us to spend lapis, and Karl and Seria are just too dated to that in the current game to do that right now.

Doctor_No

Experimenting with Fryevia: DH vs DW.

Even while I lack a second Fryevia to really max out her DW setup, its is clearly the way to go with her. I've tried several different DH setups with her (including DH TM, Dark Knight's Soul TM, etc), but I couldn't find a good setup in DH. A DH setup may later become viable when the Global gets the DH upgrades which the JP server has gotten.

IMGUR Album

Double Hand
Stats (abilities are Letter of Arms x4)
zPw3fQE.png

DH Frost Flower Blitz
iviMQL3.gif

In a combo
L337c0t.gif

Dual Wield
Stats (abilities are Letter of Arms x4)
IzQCiM4.png

DW Frost Flower Blitz
s0srq4c.gif

Combo
QJ5u1wx.gif

Malakhov

Banned
I think if they were gonna screw us over they would make a low-effort GL-exclusive 4* unit to thin out Tillith. They would need to incentize us to spend lapis, and Karl and Seria are just too dated to that in the current game to do that right now.
They don't meet to incentize us to spend lapis, they already have tilith. Anyone who didn't get her the first time around are doomed to pull until they get her.

I don't believe they care if the units are dated or not. They care about lowering our chances to get tilith and make money.

Just like myself, they hold me by the balls on that banner. I need to spend until I pull Tilith. Tickets, lapis, amazon coins, whatever. I need her.

So who is the better finisher overall? Olive or Fry? Because if Olive I will probably just ignore Fry cause I don't really want to farm 3 more Letters and Arms

Malakhov

Banned
This guy on reddit tried xon against Gilgamesh. After he used xon's skill and stole his buff, redia had more than 1k spr instead of 5xx spr lol

Must get unit just like Ling, could be very useful in certain situations.

Mipcgamer

This guy on reddit tried xon against Gilgamesh. After he used xon's skill and stole his buff, redia had more than 1k spr instead of 5xx spr lol

Oh god, I was hoping he wasn't haha. At least he is not a limited unit.

GG-Duo

That's so weird. How did Gumi think it was a good idea to have a mirror skill?

I guess they'll just make bosses resist to it or have one turn buff and attack.

Nikokuno

What are we suppose to do with the blue and red pills hmm I mean eggs?

All banner char design is on point, the 3* and 5* sprites are kinda cool.

c-murph

Action No.1, Action No.2 and Quick Assault No.2 GET!

...just waiting on Deathbringer No.2 to complete.

Starting up Action No.3, Quick Assault No.3 & No.4, Blade Mastery No.2 and probably some other weapon of some type... Excalibur No.1 or Black Cowl No.3.

Celegus

Action No.1, Action No.2 and Quick Assault No.2 GET!

...just waiting on Deathbringer No.2 to complete.

Starting up Action No.3, Quick Assault No.3 & No.4, Blade Mastery No.2 and probably some other weapon of some type... Excalibur No.1 or Black Cowl No.3.

The best time of the month! I finally started my 4 Jack party-time party. Everybody to the limit!

Alkez

So who is the better finisher overall? Olive or Fry? Because if Olive I will probably just ignore Fry cause I don't really want to farm 3 more Letters and Arms

Olive. I wouldn't ignore Fry though, I think she'll be useful against enemies with Physical Resist, but she's not a priority for someone with the units you have.

wilstreak

Experimenting with Fryevia: DH vs DW.

Even while I lack a second Fryevia to really max out her DW setup, its is clearly the way to go with her. I've tried several different DH setups with her (including DH TM, Dark Knight's Soul TM, etc), but I couldn't find a good setup in DH. A DH setup may later become viable when the Global gets the DH upgrades which the JP server has gotten.

IMGUR Album

In short, is she actually better than Olive?
i am considering not to pull on this banner at all, but between Frey insane high MAG and Xon unique ability, it seems that i might regret not pulling for them.

I'm getting 4k pretty consistently on Magic Library - Showdown of Destiny. 10 NRG.

so guys

109 NRG on PoP (9nrg) is 12 runs for 53k eggs

109 NRG on Snowy Plains(6nrg) boss got me 75k in 18 runs

So for now Snowy plains is king as far as mission grinding goes but it does take longer to empty your Nrg

whats nice is thats its slightly easier and can probably be macroed

all these runs were done with Xon AoE steals but im just shy of unlocking his treasure skill

Ken

In short, is she actually better than Olive?
i am considering not to pull on this banner at all, but between Frey insane high MAG and Xon unique ability, it seems that i might regret not pulling for them.

Probably a good MAG finisher like Alkez was saying, if the elementals line up and you can't use Olive/physical finisher or something!

Her chainer build seems super expensive and a pain to get going though, at least compared to Orlandeau.

Worst case she is a TMR unit for Ashe.

Kettch

Seems I balanced out some of the bad luck going around. Only took a daily and 6 tickets to pick up Xon.

I'm liking the event, nice and easy to farm.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Would be nice for some of that luck to come my way.

It's my excuse to do the story, but I won't be wasting the time with my event. First 50k eggs net me nothing but Turtles. Back to TM farming

across

I just got my Second Knife, which means I'm "done" with this event. Cold Snap isn't sufficiently enticing for me to spend energy on. Considerably better than Mogcakes!

However... are we expecting the second week to cost eggs for the enhancement materials? Will they be added into the egg gacha? Cost eggs directly from the innkeeper in the exploration, ala Mog King?

No actionable information on the news notification or in the FFBE video. I guess it's not like it's hard to farm them if I have to, so it's back to TM farming for me as well until next week.

Lyrian

Would be nice for some of that luck to come my way.

It's my excuse to do the story, but I won't be wasting the time with my event. First 50k eggs net me nothing but Turtles. Back to TM farming

Somewhere in the 20-25 50-pull range, and I've only seen 1 4* gil snapper and king minitaur, each. Still no burst pots. Horrid, horrid rates.

I just got my Second Knife, which means I'm "done" with this event. Cold Snap isn't sufficiently enticing for me to spend energy on. Considerably better than Mogcakes!

However... are we expecting the second week to cost eggs for the enhancement materials? Will they be added into the egg gacha? Cost eggs directly from the innkeeper in the exploration, ala Mog King?

No actionable information on the news notification or in the FFBE video. I guess it's not like it's hard to farm them if I have to, so it's back to TM farming for me as well until next week.

That's what I'm afraid of and what the information available impiles. The in-game news posts stats that the innkeep vendor is the one who sells the enhancement materials in week two of the event.

But...vendors only accept one type of currency each and the innkeep is using rainbow eggs. It is implausible to believe that the recipes on him this week that cost rainbow eggs will change to another form of currency next week. So, it stands to reason that the enhancement materials will cost rainbow eggs as well.

Gut feeling tells me that this is going to follow the JP Mog King model. Innkeep sells T5 materials for exorbitant prices, while T1-4 gems become available from the Vortex of Gems that will be released at the same time.

There is a possibility that there might be a limited number of T1-4 gems on the innkeep as a introductory deal, but I'm highly skeptical that Gumi would be that generous. If Gumi truly wants to squash non-lapis-funded TM farming, then it will want to force runs of the Vortex of Gems on players as fast as possible.

across

Somewhere in the 20-25 50-pull range, and I've only seen 1 4* gil snapper and king minitaur, each. Still no burst pots. Horrid, horrid rates.

That's what I'm afraid of and what the information available impiles. The in-game news posts stats that the innkeep vendor is the one who sells the enhancement materials in week two of the event.

But...vendors only accept one type of currency each and the innkeep is using rainbow eggs. It is implausible to believe that the recipes on him this week that cost rainbow eggs will change to another form of currency next week. So, it stands to reason that the enhancement materials will cost rainbow eggs as well.

Gut feeling tells me that this is going to follow the JP Mog King model. Innkeep sells T5 materials for exorbitant prices, while T1-4 gems become available from the Vortex of Gems that will be released at the same time.

There is a possibility that there might be a limited number of T1-4 gems on the innkeep as a introductory deal, but I'm highly skeptical that Gumi would be that generous. If Gumi truly wants to squash non-lapis-funded TM farming, then it will want to force runs of the Vortex of Gems on players as fast as possible.

Yeah. I'm essentially on the same page with you here, but I'm going to roll the dice and TM farm for the rest of week 1 instead of hoarding eggs. They're trivial to farm and even ascribing maximum malice to Gumi, I don't think they're going to make it so a week of farming eggs isn't enough to get things going. On the other hand, if they're obtained some other way, then farming eggs to hoard in advance is wasted energy.

Worth the gamble to me. Especially since, if your theory of squashing TM farming is true, this may be one of the last times we can free-farm. I'm not entirely sold on said theory as a conscious action, more as a natural consequence of them accelerating the pace of features arriving in GL (crystal changes, UI improvements) and simply offering an alternative place to spend excess energy.

Lyrian

Yeah. I'm essentially on the same page with you here, but I'm going to roll the dice and TM farm for the rest of week 1 instead of hoarding eggs. They're trivial to farm and even ascribing maximum malice to Gumi, I don't think they're going to make it so a week of farming eggs isn't enough to get things going. On the other hand, if they're obtained some other way, then farming eggs to hoard in advance is wasted energy.

Worth the gamble to me. Especially since, if your theory of squashing TM farming is true, this may be one of the last times we can free-farm. I'm not entirely sold on said theory as a conscious action, more as a natural consequence of them accelerating the pace of features arriving in GL (crystal changes, UI improvements) and simply offering an alternative place to spend excess energy.

That's a fair assessment of the situation.

The smokescreen in the situation is that via the global exclusive event, Gumi is able to hide their true intentions rather easily as there is no comparable equivalent event on JP to measure it against. Rather smart way to introduce enhancements, looking at this from Gumi's perspective. I personally don't think that the enhancement materials will cost a ludicrous amount (how many event currency is 1 rainbow egg worth anyways?), as there would be only one week to acquire them. That would be the introductory offer, before the standard story mode / Mog King rotations begin.

In regard to your second paragraph, I would argue that the action is both a conscious decision and a natural consequence at the same time. From Gumi's perspective, you don't want to announce a nerf to a popular behavior, as that is bad PR. Rather, you would want to introduce an action that will both incentivize the player base to perform the new action, while simultaneously discourage the undesirable behavior. In this case, Gumi wants to incentivize players chasing enhancements, while discouraging TM macroing.

For the normal player, who has a fixed energy pool, excess energy is flowing to the Earth Shrine. By adding the Vortex of Gems and showcasing enhancements, Gumi is saying "don't go to the Earth Shrine, go to the new and shiny Vortex because look how cool these enhancements are!". Now, seasoned players won't necessarily fall for that, because lapis refills allow freedom of choice in the game. But for the average player, I'd say that this should effectively curtail TM farming. It is hard for the average player to grasp a TM increasing 2-3% per day and needing a month or more to achieve a TM. However, it is much easier for the player to grasp "tangible" gems in game and knowing that they only need a handful of them to obtain a powerful and useful benefit, often faster than via farming a TM.

Rixa

Lucky.

I've taken at least 15 50-pulls by now and still haven't seen a gold crystal anything. Have 20% of a Refia MP-regen robe though already, so that's a plus.

Indeed, very lucky. I decided to not really bother with event. Also since my one 10+1 was kinda bad I go back to TM train. Doing event only sometimes for dailies.

I need Xon, but since he is not(?) exclusive unit I can wait for another day, thus saving my dailies.

Malakhov

Banned
so guys

109 NRG on PoP (9nrg) is 12 runs for 53k eggs

109 NRG on Snowy Plains(6nrg) boss got me 75k in 18 runs

So for now Snowy plains is king as far as mission grinding goes but it does take longer to empty your Nrg

whats nice is thats its slightly easier and can probably be macroed

all these runs were done with Xon AoE steals but im just shy of unlocking his treasure skill
Started doing the explorations and after the second one I said fuck this stupid @#$, I ain't reliving the mog king event, I'm getting nauseous.

So now I do the 9 NRG PoP. 3 to 5k eggs per run is enough for me.

Doctor_No

This took me awhile to test; as without the training dummy its near impossible to see how much damage you do.
Example of my first attempt..

So I tried the Gilgamesh trail. A combo with a full team kills him, so I had to pair down the team to just 3 Olandaeus and Olive or Fry.

Here are the results:
hyPM92X.gif

TAcFRyW.gif

Additional Notes: arranging the combo for Olive took some trail and error to get the timing right, Fry was pretty easy to setup. Olive is over 1,100 atk, Fry is DW, and all 3 Orlandaeus are around 980ish.

bonkeng

This took me awhile to test; as without the training dummy its near impossible to see how much damage you do.
Example of my first attempt..

So I tried the Gilgamesh trail. A combo with a full team kills him, so I had to pair down the team to just 3 Olandaeus and Olive or Fry.

Here are the results:
hyPM92X.gif

TAcFRyW.gif

Additional Notes: arranging the combo for Olive took some trail and error to get the timing right, Fry was pretty easy to setup. Olive is over 1,100 atk, Fry is DW, and all 3 Orlandaeus are around 980ish.

Olive's attack didn't chain with Orlandu. If it chained, it should have been 42 hits. Since 3 Orlandus chain for a total of 41 hits.

In order for Olive's True Shot to chain, you need to delay the 3 Orlandus after starting Olive's attack.

Rixa

8% away from third 30% materia being done. Olive is almost complete.

And finally, Gilgamesh is finished for now.
Now I need to finish Orlandeau.

I want GIRUGAMESH ��

Nice :). I decided to use ~95% Moogles to 3 Shines to finish them, 2 of Shines still need few % before I pump rest of those Moogles.

At the moment my attack party (one turning PoP) is this:

Noc1 878 ATK, GB - Exc, Odin (34 lvl)
Noc2 776 ATK, Sak - Exc, Ifrit (40 lvl)
Gilg 792 ATK, Sak - StQ, Golem (40 lvl)
Ligh 470 ATK, Enc - Dur, Ramuh (40 lvl)
Ace 791 MAG, OR - OR, Diabolos (40lvl)

I need one Blade Mastery to Lightning (got 4 Chizurus at 0%).
Still some work to do, TM team:

DKC - Deathbringer 60.8%
Shine - QA 73.2%
Shine - QA 69.5%
Vanille - 19.6%
Vanille - 0%

I will combine 2 Vanilles to get 1 MC. Then I have 1 Vanille left for later use.
Shine's will be replaced by 2 Celes so that I can finally start to do Minerva Bustier. DKC will be swapped later to 3rd Celes.

Refia to fill with Trust Masteries plan still going on :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom