• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyrian

Dunno, I spent 3 tickets and got him on my second ticket.

RNG is RNG, I guess.

Yup.

Got him on a daily + 3 tickets today (+ another Zidane, lol).

RNG sucks when it decides to hate you.

Keep in mind that the long-term expected average to pull Xon using dailies and tickets is ~14 pulls. (For the record, it took me 16 pulls this time, which is within the margin of error for a 50% chance for pulling him)

bonkeng

This. And I never got my Ling, so Gumi can suck it. So, I'm doubting I'll get Xon. Well... I'll get him as a troll somewhere down the line. Going for a Gold on another banner. Then out will pop troll face Xon.

Yeah the big difference is, Xon is not limited.

Ling is gone forever ;(

Alkez

Are they giving us old WoL banner 4* rates or something?

O goodness, don't remind me of that bs again. I still don't have a warrior of light.

http://i.imgur.com/3SkkscO.png

Finally finished Dark Fina outside of Ace's TM which I will do eventually. Truly wish I had not ignored WKN, but oh well. Now I guess I have to work on Fry stuff /cry the grind never ends.

Hippo you truly are a beast.

Nevertheless, amazing job you did.

Seconded. Appreciate the research being done.

Even though Frye seems awkward it's interesting to see what a hybrid user can do. She's also the closest thing we have to a multihitting mage atm. It sucks that we have to wait so long for Sylvia to get another decent magic sword.

Lyrian

Didn't Gumi say the event characters would return every year? I remember someone here saying they said that, so idk.

Would seem that way.

Note how the Easter event is called a "Seasonal Event". So, it would seem safe to say that most of time limited units will come back every year on their seasonal event.

mstevens

Any idea how enhancements will work next week? Worth grinding eggs for that if I'm not planning on getting any of the current items? Currently on vacation and have only read snippets about the current event, so I could be totally misunderstanding this whole thing. Heard somewhere that enhancements were coming.

Syntsui

Any idea how enhancements will work next week? Worth grinding eggs for that if I'm not planning on getting any of the current items? Currently on vacation and have only read snippets about the current event.

Only bother with egg if you are interesting in farming kingtuars or burst pots (which are rare as fuck anyway). The rewards are all worthless for us OGs.

Lyrian

Any idea how enhancements will work next week? Worth grinding eggs for that if I'm not planning on getting any of the current items? Currently on vacation and have only read snippets about the current event, so I could be totally misunderstanding this whole thing. Heard somewhere that enhancements were coming.

-- Are enhancements coming next week? Absolutely, YES.

-- Do we know who is being enhanced in the first wave? NO.

-- Do we know where enhancement materials are being obtained? MOSTLY. There will be a new vortex to farm the lower and mid tier gems. What is unknown is what is going to be allowed to bought via the innkeep vendor in the town and in what quantities.

-- Do we know how expensive (and what currency is needed) the purchasable enhancement gems will be? NO.

If there's one thing I have to give Gumi credit for, it is that they have become much, much better towards keeping closely held information away from the player base in advance.

They're learning, and that's a scary proposition.

Hey guys!

As expected, it looks as though Orlando Bloom broke people's resolve to adhere to the chase good banners, not rainbows motto here. At least a bunch of you got him and for those that did, congrats! Also thank you, that was the most successful mog farm event yet for me because of how abundant he was in the friends list lol Especially since plenty of strangers nabbed him too. I've stayed strong and kept my promise of saving all my lapis for the FFX banner. Haven't spent any since the first Noctis banner and it's accruing up nicely. I did blow 40 tickets to get two shines on that banner though.

Speaking of which, have one Shine in the upper 70's so with moogle help, shouldn't take too much longer to finish learning that TM. The other shine is in the 40's I think but she'll get moogles once the first finishes. I have my second DW in the mid to upper 70's too. I'll look into this event but it's looking as though I'll skip it. Not a fan of the crafting events, I skipped the mog cake one back when it hit too. I was waiting for the tactics event to end to do the Mysidia story missions so I can finally do those which should be fun since I enjoy the story.

My question is what do you guys think will follow the Easter banner? All the banners we've predicted the past few months have now come to pass. Well, DQ Collab is a high possibility but besides that. I suppose Eileen and then the FFVI that has Trance Terra? It seems like it's been forever since we've had a mainline numbered FF banner. I am hyped for WoL getting his 6* soon though! He never left my party and I always felt a little silly using 5* WoL over 6* Cecil but I love me some FB. Finally my faith will be rewarded and it will be legit to have him in the lineup :p

Just did 100k worth of pulls and recorded the unit findings.

King Snapper - 40
Gigantaur - 15
Fry Needle - 7 (yay)
Patches - 4
Kingtaur - 2 :(
Vestament - 2
Burst Pot - 1
Snapper Family - 1 lol

Awful. I get why it's awful, but still....awful.

Demon Rain is a Zera exclusive unit, sorry Hippo!

:)

Hah! Fair enough.

Just did 100k worth of pulls and recorded the unit findings.

King Snapper - 40
Gigantaur - 15
Fry Needle - 7 (yay)
Patches - 4
Kingtaur - 2 :(
Vestament - 2
Burst Pot - 1
Snapper Family - 1 lol

Awful. I get why it's awful, but still....awful.

Hah! Fair enough.

Yeah pull rates suck ass but it makes sense given the volume of pulls you would do

You are meant to get shit tons of eggs primarily for the event gear. The other stuff is just a nice bonus

Lyrian

Hey guys!

My question is what do you guys think will follow the Easter banner? All the banners we've predicted the past few months have now come to pass. Well, DQ Collab is a high possibility but besides that. I suppose Eileen and then the FFVI that has Trance Terra? It seems like it's been forever since we've had a mainline numbered FF banner. I am hyped for WoL getting his 6* soon though! He never left my party and I always felt a little silly using 5* WoL over 6* Cecil but I love me some FB. Finally my faith will be rewarded and it will be legit to have him in the lineup :p

Pretty much what you said.

People are hoping for DQ Collab, but it's anyone guess at this point. If DQ doesn't happen, the next Mog King event would FFZ-3 (Rem, King, Size). Eileen and Tidus should be soon-ish, but subject to Gumi giving them the Orlandeau treatment and intentionally delaying them.

mstevens

-- Are enhancements coming next week? Absolutely, YES.

-- Do we know who is being enhanced in the first wave? NO.

-- Do we know where enhancement materials are being obtained? MOSTLY. There will be a new vortex to farm the lower and mid tier gems. What is unknown is what is going to be allowed to bought via the innkeep vendor in the town and in what quantities.

-- Do we know how expensive (and what currency is needed) the purchasable enhancement gems will be? NO.

If there's one thing I have to give Gumi credit for, it is that they have become much, much better towards keeping closely held information away from the player base in advance.

They're learning, and that's a scary proposition.

Okay thanks. I was going to save my egg pulls in case the enhancements were tied in somehow, but it sounds like it's safe to use them now.

Lyrian

Finally got a Burst Pot to show up, and...

IzPsG1m.png

That finally concludes (for now) the Summoner Project, until the eventual esper buffs and Garnet's 6* form arrives way, way, way down the road.

Only thing left to do for now, tangentially, is to close out the esper summoning trophy, which shouldn't take too much longer assuming I can get my ass in gear to care enough to finish it (which would also close out the Ring of Dominion recipe project as well).

Lyrian

Okay thanks. I was going to save my egg pulls in case the enhancements were tied in somehow, but it sounds like it's safe to use them now.

Educated guesses suggest that purchasable enhancement gems will be purchased with rainbow eggs. But, rainbow eggs are common enough that if you are farming the event with semi-regularity, you should have more than enough for the event equipment and then some by next week when the innkeep starts stocking the gems.

Pretty much what you said.

People are hoping for DQ Collab, but it's anyone guess at this point. If DQ doesn't happen, the next Mog King event would FFZ-3 (Rem, King, Size). Eileen and Tidus should be soon-ish, but subject to Gumi giving them the Orlandeau treatment and intentionally delaying them.

I considered Z-3 too but I wondered if they'd want to do that so soon after the first two. You raise a good point about delaying the most coveted units so it's very plausible. On the other hand, now that Bloom is out, they might not feel a need to hold back with unit strength and will probably only delay things when they feel the player base needs to recoup their resources after splurging on the last one. It's going to be rough seeing Tidus in his first banner but I will remain strong and wait for FFX! Tidus is a primary reason it's so easy to resist them temptation for Orlando Bloom. He's rated just as high on Altema and comes in an excellent banner with Rikku. Sadly, FFX is probably 3 months away but then again, who knows? They aren't following the exact trajectory.

robotuw

Hm, what do people think about a magic double-hand meta? I mean a new item/materia that works with magic the same way doublehand works with attack, call it "mental focus" or something. I'm actually kinda surprised they haven't done something like this yet even in JP. I guess it would be too strong? You'd get the huge magic boost but still be able to dualcast magic, unlike doublehand and dualwield. It would potentially be a big step for making hybrid characters viable if doublehand and magic-doublehand could both be equipped. 'Course then Frevia and her TM sword would become even more OP.

1.5m points no y'shtola...
so yeah...
luckily i breached the 1.2m to get the free one..

2m points and no y'sh. I am the 8.2%.

Welp.

Final-ish anecdotal rates are up for the Ifrit Raid.

Funny thing..... Y'shtola DID have the standard 1% rainbow draw rate....

... *** IF *** the pull decided to roll on the unit draw table, then it followed roughly normal banner gacha rates.

BUT.... you had a 1 in 8 chance on a pull to actually roll on the unit table.... and then a 1 in 100 chance after that of rolling a rainbow crystal.

Therefore, Y'shtola's draw rate was 1 in 800, or 0.125%.

Odds of pulling a single Y'sh:

Y'sh in 100 pulls (100k points): 11.8%
Y'sh in 500 pulls (500k points): 46.5%
Y'sh in 1200 pulls (1.2m points - the guarantee): 77.7%
Y'sh in 2000 pulls (2.0m points): 91.8%
Y'sh in 2500 pulls (2.5m points): 95.6%

In English:

Approximately 1 in 4 people serverwide that could get to the guaranteed Y'sh at 1.2m points still hadn't drawn her.

Approximately 1 in 12 people still didn't draw her by 2 million points.

At slightly less than 2.5 million points, there was still a in 1 in 20 chance (the natural chance of a pulling on-banner gold unit [assuming one per banner]) of STILL not pulling a Y'sh.

Ladies and gentleman, those are some CRAP odds right there.
1.5m points no y'shtola...
so yeah...
luckily i breached the 1.2m to get the free one..

question..
I'm stuck i guess?
i did the egg seekers event..
entered, and left via home button..

now..
xon has a "?" question mark, and he's asking me if i have what he asked for (some egg i guess for the recipe of the staff of wrath??)?

what am i supposed to do? Because i did tm farm for full day and got nothing in terms of egg.. so i guess i'm stuck somewhere?

question..
I'm stuck i guess?
i did the egg seekers event..
entered, and left via home button..

now..
xon has a "?" question mark, and he's asking me if i have what he asked for (some egg i guess for the recipe of the staff of wrath??)?

what am i supposed to do? Because i did tm farm for full day and got nothing in terms of egg.. so i guess i'm stuck somewhere?

Check your mailbox

Farm Eggs on late game explorations and missions. Make sure to leave event vortex at teh exit next time

Muku

Yeah the big difference is, Xon is not limited.

Ling is gone forever ;(

Yeah... I know... that's why I'm so bitter. ;_;

Also, all those Ling/Noctis combos in Arena this last week or two.. can go fucking suck it. Miss miss miss miss miss miss. -_-;

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I would like to apologize in advance, to all arena opponents, for when I build my Noctis/Ling for evasion.

Malakhov

Banned
Resuming TM farming for a while, finished the story so no incencitive to run these explorations and quests any longer for eggs.

3 more Quick assault almost done, I need to hurry up before the enhancement vortex.

robotuw

Who is Cold Snap for? Clearly it's intended for hybrid attackers, so Fryevia is at the top of that list, but anyone else? Noctis would be good except he can't use heavy armor. Primm's in the same boat. After them is...Bartz? Is he seriously the next best pick?

Muku

Exactly, and no Cecil either.
Quick 5 fights then gtfo

^ This is what I want so bad. I hate Arena. Unfortunately, this is what I no longer get. Ugh. Even everyones Chizuru is a butter slicked untouchable.

Oh, and going first? That is about as hopeful as getting a non Ling/Noctis group. Chose Chizuru this time for a fight... fucking Ling with her. Fuck arena so much.

Obviously everyone but me got Ling.

I would like to apologize in advance, to all arena opponents, for when I build my Noctis/Ling for evasion.

My Noct is at 95% and somehow melee attacks still manage to reach this guy. I could do 100% but it would drop his HP. Going to do 100% for a few days and see how it goes.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
-- was waiting for an event like this to catch up on story content and it seems like it's paying off. grabbing all that lapis AND all these dumb eggs at the same time

-- even though i don't really want anything from this event? would be cool if we could grab trust moogles, though.

-- i'm just about to have enough for an 11 pull and you KNOW i'm going to spend it right then and there, right?

-- arena is easy. all you need is a noctis, exdeath, and a ling. blizzard flask, earth shaker, death dance. put the poison stick on your refia and then pick an AOE dps from your bench and watch your opponents fall like so many blades of grass.

-- have to be honest with everyone here: i'm having a hard time keeping up.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
DQ Banner is most likely next week. It is the next King event.

Going to finish the story and go back to TM farming. If the materias needed for Enhance drop, I'll farm next week for them instead. But I'll also clear out some old stages.

Mostly, I want to wait to a half energy weekend or something for the 10+ NRG stages and such. I should have enough Megacities too for the next Esper to full max. Sitting on 130 Orange and some 200+ of other colours.

Shouta

Man, current Arena is trash.

100% Evade units and AOE status effects everywhere. Can't even Dualcast right now.

Your whole team getting petrified but your heal is ass. I'm glad enhanced Luka deals with that shit easily with one skill and it's not magic, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom