• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shouta

Mog King/Currency events are pretty much always 2 weeks or so in JP. The lone exception was the Dragon Quest event which was like 4 weeks actually and is why the Sword of Loto was so expensive. However, they provided a once a day dungeon where the bonus monster showed up either solo or en masse in the back half of the event for folks to get it because of the cost and how long the event was.

Prototype

Pulled another Nine for daily. Seems like the game really wants me to farm this event.

Party is now Noctis, Exdeath, Nine, Nine, Eight + Bonus friend unit.

Just emptied my NRG for another 10k or so, it's going really fast. I'll likely be done for the event is over.
Likely gonna get the sword and stuff too 78 attack is pretty good for me right now.

Celegus

Saw a Nimbus this morning but I was too distracted watching the Heroes of the Storm tournament (that I woke up at 6am for on a Sunday) and accidentally brought my TM party, so I didn't have any bonus units or steal. Oops...

gold bomb this morning

only gets me like 2k and im already getting 800-900 a run on ELT with my current setup

This event sure is stingy

Only took about 50 runs but I ran into my first Nimbus.

Oh boy these rates are bad. :)

Edit - Anyone else not getting the daily reward? I got the 20 NRG yesterday and today is supposed to be Lapis but no matter how many time I exit the game and boot it up back up it won't give the Lapis.

I don't know how many runs I've done offhand, but probably in the neighborhood of 40-50. I've had one golden bomb and one Nimbus. Not very good odds at all this time, for me personally.

Still, I've pretty much gotten everything I want this time around anyway. I might spend today running it for odds and ends, but will probably go back to TM farming tomorrow.

Skii

Well after essentially quitting this game, I decided to do dailies for the last 2 days and look what I got today:

24l2ngm.png

Finally my first 5 star! I have no idea how good she is though. I might need help building a new team as I did pull some other stuff that might be better than the units in my current team.

Can't believe it took this long.

Eidjinn

What are you guys getting in this event?

I didn't pull any of the banner units... and I'm really considering ignoring it.

Lyrian

I agree with everything in this post, for the record, but looking closer at Nazta's post there, I see that the Dragon Quest event was three weeks! Guess it makes sense given how expensive the sword is. Also, starting from the FFVI one, they all start on the 1st and end on the 14th. I suppose JP's schedule is a bit more structured now as well?

Agreed, as well.

I wonder if Global has reached a point where the release schedule will be more or less normalized with JP's schedule, keeping Global at a constant fixed difference from JP at all times in the future?

Edit - Anyone else not getting the daily reward? I got the 20 NRG yesterday and today is supposed to be Lapis but no matter how many time I exit the game and boot it up back up it won't give the Lapis.

Check the calendar and your mailbox. Sometimes, the game bugs out and auto rewards the daily prize without looking at the calendar.

Well after essentially quitting this game, I decided to do dailies for the last 2 days and look what I got today:

Finally my first 5 star! I have no idea how good she is though. I might need help building a new team as I did pull some other stuff that might be better than the units in my current team.

Can't believe it took this long.

When you don't have a 5*, any 5* is great :) Congrats!

c-murph

Does Nine's Action stack with itself and Growth Eggs?

Can I potentially equip four Actions and two Growth Eggs at once to run the Vortex with a character? If so, I might just pull for a couple more Nines and alter my TM farming schedule...

Celegus

Does Nine's Action stack with itself and Growth Eggs?

Can I potentially equip four Actions and two Growth Eggs at once to run the Vortex with a character?
I believe it should, yeah. Not going for it myself though.

I didn't pull any of the banner units... and I'm really considering ignoring it.

Just tickets and some 6* mats I'm low on, maybe star quartz or megacites if I end up with some extra. Equipment and materia seem meh, skipping the moogle for sure.

c-murph

I believe it should, yeah. Not going for it myself though.

Just tickets and some 6* mats I'm low on, maybe star quartz or megacites if I end up with some extra. Equipment and materia seem meh, skipping the moogle for sure.

I got one Nine from my first 11 pull on the banner... Maybe I'll do another for a hopefully second Nine.

Also, holy shit. Cactaur dunes are amazing. I haven't done them in months. I didn't know they give you Multiple Gigantaurs in a single round. Last time I did them I avg two out of a potential three. Now I get three in one battle most times. It's crazy. When did they make this change.

Celegus

I got one Nine from my first 11 pull on the banner... Maybe I'll do another for a hopefully second Nine.

Also, holy shit. Cactaur dunes are amazing. I haven't done them in months. I didn't know they give you Multiple Gigantaurs in a single round. Last time I did them I avg two out of a potential three. Now I get three in one battle most times. It's crazy. When did they make this change.

This is the first weekend, so you haven't missed much. I just vastly prefer cactuars (and especially the king cactuars upcoming that give 100k xp) for leveling over going for growth eggs and whatever Nine's thing is called.

so i would need 200k to clear the store hmmm

I might chop out quite a few things and just grab what I want on a priority list. Anything I dont finish wont be a big deal

across

Hmm... 749 ATK Nine is enough to one-shot Brionac with no buffs/debuffs up. Subject to some damage variance, perhaps. Clean Sweep one-rounds all but Colonel Charlot.

755,040,092 if there are any (new?) Gaffers who need an easy carry.

Technically I suppose it was a "waste" to level & awaken Nine but it's fun to mess around with new units. Optimal play might be to TMR with every last drop of energy but fuck if it isn't boringly unengaging. Moreso than events with iffy rates.

EDarkness

I'm trying to get the tickets and the sword. I'll get other things as needed. Probably the cactaur. Gonna take a while since I don't have any banner units. :(

Visceir

Probably the accessory, most of the tickets and star quartz, some of the awakening mats, megacite and def the cactuars.

I wonder if Global has reached a point where the release schedule will be more or less normalized with JP's schedule, keeping Global at a constant fixed difference from JP at all times in the future?

I think JP somewhat settled into a rythm once the enchancement/story events started up. With Moogle king in the beginning of a month, enhancement event always in the middle and raid/stuff in the end.

The next GL event will probably also start before the current one ends, I hope.

Alkez

Pretty much the same as always for me: Tickets, Quartz, Gigantuars, Megacties, Screamroot, and some cheap 6* mats (enough to keep my stacks at 100).

The only event exclusive thing I'm going for is Vitality Apparatus.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Daily: Sabin, I swear
Ticket #8: ROSELIA

think I'll just have to grab the 30k moogle and a couple other things and go back to TM'ing. :/

This is the first time with the change.

Coppanuva

Hell yeah it is. Got a 6* Olive from level 1 to 100 in 1 day of it alone. Gonna try to do the same for my snow today.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Spending my lapis on refreshes has never felt so good. I'll be back to bonus units when the bonus units are units I actually want or with TMs I want.

Alkez

Spending my lapis on refreshes has never felt so good. I'll be back to bonus units when the bonus units are units I actually want or with TMs I want.

Iirc in ot3 or ot2 you wrote this piece on why it was better to not spend lapis on refreshes as it is a finite resource (unless you have an abundance of money). If I'm not mistaken with this then what changed your mind?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Iirc in ot3 or ot2 you wrote this piece on why it was better to not spend lapis on refreshes as it is a finite resource (unless you have an abundance of money). If I'm not mistaken with this then what changed your mind?

That was in response to TM farming. Not unit bonuses.

It's not changing my mind. It's evaluating and adjusting to the situation. If you're going to use a rock for every problem, you're only going to get the same result.

Quick refresh
Lapis on TM farming in the current state is a waste, largely because thanks to macroing, slower roll out of content, and largely offset power balance. It's overkill. What's the point, when better ones are coming on better banners. There is no difference between using Lapis now to TM farm then later. You don't gain anything additional, except wasting a finite source on weaker TMs.

Lapis on this event overrides the "need" to pull bonus units for a TIMED limited event. Basically, it's cheaper to just use a refresh than a daily. You're using a finite source, on a limited time event. There is no change in the logic.

So I should have every TM I want from my current units by the next time the Dunes come around. Feels so fucking good.

Me too. I'm currently on 3x Butz, Marie (who's at 85%), and Shine #2. I've got some stray Karls, 2 Snows, Yun, and a bunch of Shantottos though (if I ever actually run my Dark Fina).

After Marie drops her robe, I'll sub in another Butz. I want DH quickly.

Muku

Sword and Tickets guaranteed.

30K moogle, Sacred Crystals, and Vitality Apparatus - if I don't feel like this event will kill me with boredem and I get lucky with Bombs/Nimbus.

Alkez

That was in response to TM farming. Not unit bonuses.

It's not changing my mind. It's evaluating and adjusting to the situation. If you're going to use a rock for every problem, you're only going to get the same result.

Quick refresh
Lapis on TM farming in the current state is a waste, largely because thanks to macroing, slower roll out of content, and largely offset power balance. It's overkill. What's the point, when better ones are coming on better banners. There is no difference between using Lapis now to TM farm then later. You don't gain anything additional, except wasting a finite source on weaker TMs.

Lapis on this event overrides the "need" to pull bonus units for a TIMED limited event. Basically, it's cheaper to just use a refresh than a daily. You're using a finite source, on a limited time event.

Ah I see. This goes back to what you were saying the other day right? I remember seeing it but I didn't get a chance to read it fully at the time.

So how many refreshes are you doing a day? (I've gone back and read it now). This may be something I consider in the future. I wanted two eights for reasons (and got them) so I was always going to pull, but I'm sure there's going to be future banners that I would rather pass on. I pretty much exclusively use tickets for these things and almost never do dailies, so based on that would 3 refreshes make sense based on their estimated lapis value?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Ah I see. This goes back to what you were saying the other day right? I remember seeing it but I didn't get a chance to read it fully at the time.

So how many refreshes are you doing a day? (I've gone back and read it now). This may be something I consider in the future. I wanted two eights for reasons (and got them) so I was always going to pull, but I'm sure there's going to be future banners that I would rather pass on. I pretty much exclusively use tickets for these things and almost never do dailies, so based on that would 3 refreshes make sense based on their estimated lapis value?

It all depends on what you want. And no, I did exactly 2.5 multiplier. 3 would be close to 23+change.

Myself, I'm about to collect all the tickets and even with running dunes on Friday. 2 refreshes. The truth is, I don't even need to do it for everything I want this banner, but doing it to lose that desire for a daily. I want it to go a bit quicker, but rather not get caught spending 1000...2000 lapis worth of dailies and tickets. Instead, I'm at 200 lapis used. If you want to calculate the rate exact. It's simply following the two lines to see where they cross. Lapis refreshes will have a linear decrease in how many times you need to run it. A unit bonus will have a more parabolic drop. Let's say you did three dailies and one ticket so far. That's about 1050 Lapis on the low side(Mathematically, the cost of a ticket is around 350 lapis on Reddit, but I like to say 300). That's 15504 Currency without a single bonus unit. Using a friend's unit(Base 75%), that's 27000 currency you're in the hole from just those dailies... to even get a single bonus unit. I only want about 50k worth of stuff, so it works out better this way. Unless I got a bonus unit on my first or second daily. It wouldn't be worth it.

As I said though, this will not last. This mostly exclusive to this and the SoM, because they are coming extremely late. The next three MogKing have some nice TMs to chase, overall more solid, with Orlandu and Rem still being two top tier catches. DQ is the third, the weakest of the lot, but it is limited time. Then we're back to the GC banner with Tilith, Elza, and Vargas, and the following ones each will have a better selection of units.

The only reason I choose to do this on this banner, is because the Zero banner was made absolute by releasing the FFBE units first with ATK TMs. I'll be back to rolling on dailies like the rest with the following. Because I want the units, not the bonuses. That's the focal point of the analysis.

But I only want the normal supplies. Elixirs, SC, Tickets, Cacturs, and Megacities. The goods I need a lot of and use a lot.

Muku

For some reason had a want to do a 1/2 pull on alt account.

Gold.

Nine.

Going to share him for bonus for folks.

Edit: Just put Steal on him in case anyone needs.

Muku

Sundays in the BE thread don't feel the same without random NFL discussions lol.

I know, right? :(

Sadly the winner isn't even worth talking about. -_-;

Edit: On a fantastic note, finally.. after months, finished giving away all the Christmas and New Years Pokemon I had up in a contest. Winners have finally claimed them all. One less worry~ And hopefully a happier PokeGAF.

I can't bring myself to ever use devastate cause of how long it takes, she just auto attacks while Noctipuss and Yun do everything.

c-murph

Did another 11 pull. No second Nine... :(

I did get a WoL No.5, Snow No.5, Refia No.2, Chiz No.3, and Shine No.3 though. So, not a bad pull.

Muku

Did another 11 pull. No second Nine... :(

I did get a WoL No.5, Snow No.5, Refia No.2, Chiz No.3, and Shine No.3 though. So, not a bad pull.

Seeing folks have such a hard time pulling Nine makes me feel lucky this morning. An another reason definitely not to do another pull on this banner.

Such a hard pass on this banner...

Got Agrias to 80, Marie to 100, and Jake to 5*! I think I'm done with the Dunes and can go back to TM farming for a bit. I was going to work on Seven, because Elementalash could be useful, but eh -- next time.

Dunes got me maxed Chorizo, Dark Fina, Olive, Marie, Lasswell, Lid, Fina, and Nichol. I've basically ignored the event, but that's what this upcoming week is for.

tuffymon

Was out of town so I wasn't around for the past two days. Decided to do a yolo 1/2 price bday pull... shera >.>; and a ticket? shera... alright, suppose it could have been worse~

I use memu, trying to get back into the game and it wants me to input fb info... but when I do... I still can't log in...

c-murph

Seeing folks have such a hard time pulling Nine makes me feel lucky this morning. An another reason definitely not to do another pull on this banner.

Well, I only did two 11 pulls on this banner and ended up with 7 yellows but only one nine. Would have thought it be like a 50/50 split for off banner, on banner characters but I guess I don't know the actual rate. I like to think that the Shine counts as a Nine replacement. It seem when there's two banners the odds of the other banner popping up are still quite frequent in my pulls - even when I pull on the opposite banner. Could just be me though. Don't have any actual proof.

Muku

Well, I only did two 11 pulls on this banner and ended up with 7 yellows but only one nine. Would have thought it be like a 50/50 split for off banner, on banner characters but I guess I don't know the actual rate. I like to think that the Shine counts as a Nine replacement. It seem when there's two banners the odds of the other banner popping up are still quite frequent in my pulls - even when I pull on the opposite banner. Could just be me though.

It's once it's in off banner status is when I seem to get them. Which is sad for Limited Time stuff, which means never.

c-murph

It's once it's in off banner status is when I seem to get them. Which is sad for Limited Time stuff, which means never.

Yeah, that's why I don't do too many pulls outside of ticket wasting. My lapis is usually dedicated to tm farming. Only when I see a TM on a blue or Gold crystal thats a must have for one of my characters that I go for it. I have more than enough TMs to farm at the moment to power my teams. So, pulling really isn't all that necessary. The 11 pulls are saved for when I want a manadtory gold character. Usually always get them in my pull. The second 11 pull on this banners says not for multiples though... My next 11 pull is going to be for rikku though. :D

Muku

When are we going to find out winners of the Player's Choice? Or is that a secret until it comes out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom