• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuffymon

I'm pretty sure I had you on my friends list but you might have removed me. Wouldn't make sense if you did since I'm 200 consecutive logged in. I need that ling though...........

I've had a few remove me, and i've only removed people 10+ days gone / not having gaf in the list, so it could be any combo really (or never friends to begin with)... leave your code, and ill add you when im home in a few hours~

I look at my 1700 lapis and want to cry :-(

I would be at close to 0 if not for Amazon fucking up in my favor. I haven't actually bought any lapis since that 15% back thing so I guess technically I haven't whaled in months lol. I do win itunes cards from work pretty regularly so I guess I could just use those if I need to get some lapis cause I sure am not using them for anything else.

Is this banner worth putting 5k lapis into? Just not sure how much access I'll have to Lapis being strictly f2p but I'm heading towards enough for a multi now. I've no problem hoarding though if it makes more sense.

tuffymon

Is this banner worth putting 5k lapis into? Just not sure how much access I'll have to Lapis being strictly f2p but I'm heading towards enough for a multi now. I've no problem hoarding though if it makes more sense.

Not as a new player, you're better off doing permanent upgrades, getting materials to 100-150, equipment to 100, units to 100, and then adjusting those numbers as necessary... sucks to drop the lapis into it, but they are permanent at least~

Xion86

Looks like the rates are up as the Event draws to an end! This is the 3rd encounter in the last 45mins or so:

jxcYGScl.png

Only ever seen 2 of these since the event started...

udca

Oh wow didn't know she could hold a second weapon. That's gonna be pretty nice. Thanks for the tips! Not sure whether to sell the fish or hold em for now. May as well hang on I guess and see if I can get some of the awakening items for Lightning or something.

Oh awesome! Thanks a bunch! My ID is 959,592,534.

Sent you a friend request as well. You might want to put GAF in your profile message so you don't accidently get deleted

Kettch

As F2P I'd suggest putting your lapis into daily half off pulls. It's the most cost effective use of lapis, and it's also enjoyable to get a pull every day. The game gives you enough lapis through daily quests, log-in rewards and new quests to essentially do this forever.

By catching up on the story, you'll also have enough spare lapis to do a few 10 pulls without running out, but I would save those for banners that you really like as it'll be a limited number of times.

Thanks for the tips guys. Guess I'll stick to the half price daily pull for now for new cards. Good point with upgrading my inventory limits too, I'd almost forgotten about them after dumping a few hundred into mats.

Xion86

Grabbed the 10k Trust Moogle after the above bonuses, and I'm done with the event! Managed to grab one Purecryst as well. Glad that's done with.

Andvary

Guys I need your help, my nephew is trying to beat Kefka ELT using the Setzer with elemental weapons strategy. He's a fairly new player and that is the only way he can try to beat him.

He has been trying with mine but he hasn't been lucky and the 3 hrs wait is too long.

If you have a free slot in your FL please add him, his id is 521,022,653.

He needs a setzer with elemental weapons (coral, vernard, icebrand) and diabolos.

Edit: Done!, thanks for the help, he still needs some strong friends so please add him if you can.

Kouriozan

I just want the anniversary update so I get my +30 max NRG and +50 for all inventory slot.
The training dummy will be awesome as well.

Broseybrose

Set my Setzer up for Kefka with Vernard, Diablos, and ManEater materia and sent invites to the newbs.

Still have 2 slots left. Add me if you havent and have GAF in your msg!

350 186 594

Lyrian

Looks like the rates are up as the Event draws to an end! This is the 3rd encounter in the last 45mins or so:

Only ever seen 2 of these since the event started...

My sample size is a bit low to really comment one way or the other, but in chasing a purecryst I said I wouldn't (dammit bonus mobs showing up on multiple daily runs), I've seen a better than average appearance rate today as well. Can't say if that was being lucky or appearance rate manipulation though.

robotuw

It's been a while, but only the soft launch was a year ago right? The official release was some time in June (that's when I started), wasn't it? What makes people think Gumi will celebrate the soft launch over the official one?

Celegus

Woohoo, another ~2% towards Ling's TM as I forgot to change my party and macro'd her and 4 units already at 100%. Nice.

Have to imagine they'll go with the official launch date (when I started as well). Maybe we'll get 6* WoL as our anniversary gift! (though I'd prefer a 4* one first)

Shouta

Lame. GL needs to release these little features as they roll out. No point in holding something like this back.

They're making the GL version using old branches of JP. Force merging newer changes into the older versions can be really messy and cause new bugs or connection problems that would be a big headache for everyone. It's definitely not a simple thing to do in many cases. They may not even have actual developers on the GL version and they may just have QAs and editors doing the loc work while they have the JP devs working on the GL version between JP updates depending on how they do things, lol

Ken

Added, and wow, people really don't like dark esper ling... 5 people dropped me from my list today >.>; oh well! so I have 4 slots that are open to whoever~ 622 464 324

>people judging their companion units
>not just letting them all get eaten by earth shrine

Added, and wow, people really don't like dark esper ling... 5 people dropped me from my list today >.>; oh well! so I have 4 slots that are open to whoever~ 622 464 324

I feel dumb. Have no idea how you got your fire resist so high. Also how should I use you here? Should I pair you with a Marie and just buff/defend while you attack?

edit: So it doesn't look like you're surviving. What am I doing wrong lol.

tuffymon

I feel dumb. Have no idea how you got your fire resist so high. Also how should I use you here? Should I pair you with a Marie and just buff/defend while you attack?

edit: So it doesn't look like you're surviving. What am I doing wrong lol.

Ok, you can check my gear prior (seeing this you made me go and check mine to make sure i didnt take something off, everything looks fine btw). If you're just going for the clear, for the first few rounds you want to just use chakra, the little damage dealt will be healed. Once the dark debuff wears off, you can autofight until the end (click ifrit so you fight him first). If you want the long sword mastery, you need to bring someone else into the fight who can hide, check this list out http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Hide see who you have and use hide and attack with ling, then hit repeat over and over until its done. the first few rounds are the only ones that could potentially hurt/kill, afterwards its invincocity. If you're going for the moogle you'll have to do it on a separate run, bring 2 units that can hide, one with each esper needed (ifrit/siren), and when the bar is full sacrifice one of them ;P

Ok, you can check my gear prior (seeing this you made me go and check mine to make sure i didnt take something off, everything looks fine btw). If you're just going for the clear, for the first few rounds you want to just use chakra, the little damage dealt will be healed. Once the dark debuff wears off, you can autofight until the end (click ifrit so you fight him first). If you want the long sword mastery, you need to bring someone else into the fight who can hide, check this list out http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Hide see who you have and use hide and attack with ling, then hit repeat over and over until its done. the first few rounds are the only ones that could potentially hurt/kill, afterwards its invincocity. If you're going for the moogle you'll have to do it on a separate run, bring 2 units that can hide, one with each esper needed (ifrit/siren), and when the bar is full sacrifice one of them ;P

That's exactly what I am doing. Awesome thank you. Still though... how did you do the fire resist? I'm not seeing how.

Broseybrose

I would assume the reason you need to bring a second person into the fight is so both siren and ifrit espers can be equipped. And you just have them hide until its time to cast their esper and the go back into hiding? Neat strat.

Mind detailing her equip/materia for the curious?

edit- also, why does Yun with DW attack 4 times?

tuffymon

I would assume the reason you need to bring a second person into the fight is so both siren and ifrit espers can be equipped. And you just have them hide until its time to cast their esper and the go back into hiding? Neat strat.

Mind detailing her equip/materia for the curious?

Not quite, if they summon... they die >.> so you couldnt get both the summon/no deaths in the same run...

Ling is using diabolos w/
swordbreaker / second knife
soul crown / cupid's robe
ring of the lucii / 20 sided die
quick assault
melody of life x3

doing this for at least the large sword mastery is nice, doing it a second time for a 40 energy moogle? not bad, but this does take HOURS! at the very least, this is easier on the emulator since you can make a macro to hit repeat and stop whenever your ready to cast a summon~

Broseybrose

Not quite, if they summon... they die >.> so you couldnt get both the summon/no deaths in the same run...

Ling is using diabolos w/
swordbreaker / second knife
soul crown / cupid's robe
ring of the lucii / 20 sided die
quick assault
melody of life x3

doing this for at least the large sword mastery is nice, doing it a second time for a 40 energy moogle? not bad, but this does take HOURS! at the very least, this is easier on the emulator since you can make a macro to hit repeat and stop whenever your ready to cast a summon~

Awesome build. That's really quite brilliant! Swordbreaker to keep Ifrit's ATK broken.

Lots of TM farming though... Im farming a RoL and 2 QA now...

I was wondering how they dont get killed after the summon too. What is the point of bringing the second person in then?

Already got all the rewards from the trial (Im in love with Ifrit's Claw as I didnt even know it was a thing until I got it). Im just curious about Ling's possibilities. She's definitely one of my fav units. Guess you could call her my waifu of choice!

tuffymon

I was wondering how they dont get killed after the summon too. What is the point of bringing the second person in then?

Already got all the rewards from the trial (Im in love with Ifrit's Claw as I didnt even know it was a thing until I got it). Im just curious about Ling's possibilities. She's definitely one of my fav units. Guess you could call her my waifu of choice!

No, they die after they summon ifrit or siren, but since ling is locked into diabolos for the dark resist, you'll need 2 hiders to pop out one at a time for the moogle. You just can't get both the moogle and L.sword mastery in the same run with this method. While painfully slow >.>; its at least doable, and helps anyone who doesnt have the power, but has the time at least...

SSS class Waifu~

Broseybrose

Innate double attack.

Well, that's a good reason. I didn't know such a trait as innate double attack existed. More justification for the love of Yun.

No, they die after they summon ifrit or siren, but since ling is locked into diabolos for the dark resist, you'll need 2 hiders to pop out one at a time for the moogle. You just can't get both the moogle and L.sword mastery in the same run with this method. While painfully slow >.>; its at least doable, and helps anyone who doesnt have the power, but has the time at least...

SSS class Waifu~

I understand now, thanks for the explanation. I look forward to the day where Ive farmed enough TMs to play these kinds of builds.

Not only is my TM farming painfully slow going, but its so hard to prioritize when I want THEM ALL!

Muku

UpDownLeftRight: Put GAF in your message somewhere. Came to thread to double check to see if you were the one that left me a request. (You were, and accepted your invitation.) Just get random requests at times, and without a GAF tag I'm likely also to remove you from my list not remembering. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom