• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muku

oM18PRw.png

Hahahahahaha!

across

It's also very good for Ashe, since she already have a +50% ATK/MAG with swords.

Yup, this is why I started farming them originally, before Fryevia was even known about or before I thought Trance Terra was a realistic possibility. Actually, my original original thought was making Ramza into a badass DC Ultima caster, which is why I farmed my first batch of MAG+30%...

I know physical units are the meta, now and forever, but I have fun playing with caster setups. I'm still holding out hope for Dark Fina from a random daily so I can roll octuple Ultima parties in Arena, get my second Trance Terra close to 900 MAG, drop Dystopia on fools, etc.. It's just satisfying to me.

Azuran

Banned
Orlandeau is on a completely different level. Killing Dark Ifrit in one turn has opened my eyes.

Lord have mercy, I wasn't ready for that. My interest in this game just skyrocketed again after that.

Doctor_No

For exdeath and naked terra sure, but all the powerful mages now and the ones that will come cant equip swords. A better intent for gumi for re-balancing the meta would be making Dark Fina TM stackable. But making L&A stackable is because only in those 2 units or in exotic builds with another units you can abuse of high MAG

For fryevia it was meant to be like this so people can give a damn about the unit and pull for her having orlandeau and olive in the neighborhood.

D. Fina's TM being stackable wouldn't add much given that there are very few people that can pull 4 D. Finas, but even if they did JP D. Fina builds with 4 of her dark bond TMs barely cracks 1000 MAG, we already have TT on GL breaking 1,100MAG. The next units to exploit LoA will be Rem, Sylvia, and Veritas of the Light.

The reality of course is that physical damage dealers in GL are nerfed compared to JP due to a lack of stacking of several key TMs. Its clear that Gumi have re-balanced GL based on what they've learned in JP.

As far as Fryevia, she is already stronger than Orlandeau; a BiS Fryevia does 1.6x more damage than a BiS Orlandeau. The GL meta is already very different from JP, hybrid and a MAG-focus re-balance, even Aileen is benefiting from Yun's TM.

across

so what LBs are worth leveling including up to current JP units?

Tidus (410% attack + 100% water imperil)
Wilhelm (AoE 54% damage reduction)
Prishe (820% attack + 64% DEF/SPR break)
Knight Delita (820% attack + 64% ATK/MAG break)
Orran (390% AoE spell + 84% 5 turn stop)
Veritas of the Dark (390% AoE attack + 64% DEF break)
Veritas of the Earth (780% AoE attack + AoE 54% damage reduction)
Onion Knight (800% AoE Attack + AoE 3 turn 105% ATK buff + AoE 74% DEF break)
Veritas of the Light (1220% (!) AoE spell + 74% DEF/SPR break)
Crowe (AoE 3 turn 64% all element resist + 30% damage reduction)
Ayaka (lol)

This is from a list I made a while back of units I would potentially care about acquiring in the first place so it's not up to date or comprehensive. Mystair or whatever has a good one, probably the Nier units too. I think the damage reduction and huge breaks are probably the most meaningful ones but an actual JP player would probably have better insight.

Syntsui

Veritas of Light will also benefit from LnA, that 1k AoE LB should be sweet on a fully geared one. He should also be the best finisher in the game with that 1600% hybrid light attack, Orlandus love him.

Shouta

D. Fina's TM being stackable wouldn't add much given that there are very few people that can pull 4 D. Finas, but even if they did JP D. Fina builds with 4 of her dark bond TMs barely cracks 1000 MAG, we already have TT on GL breaking 1,100MAG. The next units to exploit LoA will be Rem, Sylvia, and Veritas of the Light.

The reality of course is that physical damage dealers in GL are nerfed compared to JP due to a lack of stacking of several key TMs. Its clear that Gumi have re-balanced GL based on what they've learned in JP.

As far as Fryevia, she is already stronger than Orlandeau; a BiS Fryevia does 1.6x more damage than a BiS Orlandeau. The GL meta is already very different from JP, hybrid and a MAG-focus re-balance, even Aileen is benefiting from Yun's TM.

Those calculations seem a bit out of date already since it doesn't factor in Great/Large Sword mastery from the Dark Espers trial. That's an additional 20% of attack. I also wonder if the formulas are accurate, heh.

Anyway, there'll be a ton more materia coming that increases the power of physical attackers for GL so it's only a bit of a lull right now.

Most mages don't have super strong attacks. Rem is a red mage but mostly focused on healing. Her -ga spells aren't that strong even after enhancement. She also needs dagger to get her 50% MAG/SPR buff. Sylvia has really average mods on her hybrid attacks as well.

Light Veritas would be the next big one but would need chainers as LV's best skill is a 1 hit 1600% Hybrid light attack. The other skills are in the same area as Fryevia though AOE.

Veritas of Light will also benefit from LnA, that 1k AoE LB should be sweet on a fully geared one. He should also be the best finisher in the game with that 1600% hybrid light attack, Orlandus love him.

Best finisher probably goes to an ehanced Tidus with a maxed LB because of the 100% water debuff, lol 1440% attack (enhanced Quick Trick is 720%) with multiple hits. Enhanced Randi would be very close too.

Does dual-element wielding reduces damage? LV might take advantage with a Fraternity but dunno how the light element on Saint Buster interferes with a water element.

Shouta

I thought tidus was a chainer? Or can he do both?

Chainers can be Finishers, but Finishers can't be Chainers. It's really all about hits in that area. A finisher is anyone that can hit hard at the end of a chain.

Tidus can do both but he's difficult to chain because his animation is so fast but in terms of potential power, he's pretty high.

Alkez

Damn it I forgot to post my update after my saltiness yesterday.

So I think most regulars know that I've wanted Aileen for some time. Well...

vVrfS44l.png

Can't express how happy I was when I got her. Cost me 25k lapis (1 5k on Friday, 4 yesterday). I think most people would say this banner wasn't worth it but it's common knowledge that I can't pull on banner so here's the list of off banner goodness I received:

Warrior of Light!!!! Finally! My first and the unit I've been chasing the longest. Wanted him before I even knew he was broken.
2 Snows. I tried to get him on his banner for 2 Champions Belts for Aileen but failed. Ironic that I got 2 now trying to get her.
2 Shines (had one but appreciate more)
3 Setzer (who I couldn't get on banner lol)
Xon (who I also couldn't get)

O yeah. And I got this guy.

YkLzxv9l.png

I was actually very lucky getting 3 Rainbows in 4 11 pulls, but at the time I was salty as hell because I wanted Aileen. Now I have her I'm pleased to have him too.

That's for you Chilly.

O, and out my 20 yellows not a single one was Sozhe. The on banner curse continues...kind of haha.

Anyway, my condolences. Gacha giveth and gacha taketh away.

Yeah this is true. I'm glad in the end it all worked out, but I think I'm done chasing non limited units now because gacha is a cruel cruel mistress. With the addition of Aileen and WoL I've got a team that works to my play style and has a good amount of longevity. I would like Rikku, Rem, and/or Ayaka but dailies are the extent of what I'm doing in regards to lapis pulls now.

Ken

i wish an emperor/gilgamesh/DKC would troll me one day :(

ok maybe not DKC cause glauca exists

Tidus (410% attack + 100% water imperil)
Wilhelm (AoE 54% damage reduction)
Prishe (820% attack + 64% DEF/SPR break)
Knight Delita (820% attack + 64% ATK/MAG break)
Orran (390% AoE spell + 84% 5 turn stop)
Veritas of the Dark (390% AoE attack + 64% DEF break)
Veritas of the Earth (780% AoE attack + AoE 54% damage reduction)
Onion Knight (800% AoE Attack + AoE 3 turn 105% ATK buff + AoE 74% DEF break)
Veritas of the Light (1220% (!) AoE spell + 74% DEF/SPR break)
Crowe (AoE 3 turn 64% all element resist + 30% damage reduction)
Ayaka (lol)

This is from a list I made a while back of units I would potentially care about acquiring in the first place so it's not up to date or comprehensive. Mystair or whatever has a good one, probably the Nier units too. I think the damage reduction and huge breaks are probably the most meaningful ones but an actual JP player would probably have better insight.

thanks for this. feels like the damage reduction LBs will be most worth it since things like damage and breaks are readily available from just regular abilities.

across

thanks for this. feels like the damage reduction LBs will be most worth it since things like damage and breaks are readily available from just regular abilities.

Right, that's basically what I was looking at when I made this list, but don't undersell the importance of larger breaks. I haven't checked every single unit, but non-LB breaks tend to cap out at 45% from what I've seen, even on current JP units - exceptions: Ramza, Delita. The practical damage increase you'd get going from a 45% DEF or SPR break to a 74% break should be fairly extreme. The obvious wrinkle there is break immunity or resistance (the latter of which would be a real problem if it happened on a LB...) but I'd still suggest keeping an eye out for units with good breaks in the near future.

Yeah this is true. I'm glad in the end it all worked out, but I think I'm done chasing non limited units now because gacha is a cruel cruel mistress. With the addition of Aileen and WoL I've got a team that works to my play style and has a good amount of longevity. I would like Rikku, Rem, and/or Ayaka but dailies are the extent of what I'm doing in regards to lapis pulls now.

Grats on Aileen! And Emperor, for his TM if nothing else.
I think it's important to find your personal point of 'good enough'. Whether that's having your favs, or the big ticket units, some combination of the two, or whatever, it's important to reach the point where you can say, 'alright, if I don't get unit x, y, or z, I will be okay.' I'd like to have Aileen, Tidus, Onion Knight, etc., but I'm not buying lapis for them and if their banners come and go, I'll be fine, not just in terms of tackling content, but just the absence of regret from not acquiring them.

That said if I don't pull Rikku I'll consider buying lapis for a 10+1 or something. Letting her pass by is going to be like letting Ling slip through your fingers, I think. Big mistake. Sure, she isn't limited, but the 4* off-banner pool is getting to be a crowded place...

Alkez

Grats on Aileen! And Emperor, for his TM if nothing else.
I think it's important to find your personal point of 'good enough'. Whether that's having your favs, or the big ticket units, some combination of the two, or whatever, it's important to reach the point where you can say, 'alright, if I don't get unit x, y, or z, I will be okay.' I'd like to have Aileen, Tidus, Onion Knight, etc., but I'm not buying lapis for them and if their banners come and go, I'll be fine, not just in terms of tackling content, but just the absence of regret from not acquiring them.

That said if I don't pull Rikku I'll consider buying lapis for a 10+1 or something. Letting her pass by is going to be like letting Ling slip through your fingers, I think. Big mistake. Sure, she isn't limited, but the 4* off-banner pool is getting to be a crowded place...

Thanks man :)

Yeah completely agree with everything you're saying. And agree with Rikku, but the reason I'm not going in for her is because of all the 4* units I drew in my pursuit of Aileen. I got a ton of 4* bases that I had never had before, all who I tried to pursue on banner and never got them. Setzer being the big one, who I couldn't get last week despite 7 yellows, and now I have 3 from off banner. Meanwhile in my 20 yellow crystals there wasn't a single Sozhe. I realised that over time if they're not limited the law of averages says I will pick them up eventually (in regards to 4* bases that is).

You are right though, the more 4*s there are the harder it will be to get her off banner. But 20 yellows and not one on banner unit. I don't know if Rikku is worth another 25k Lapis.

Seeing the luck you guys are having is tempting me to do my first multi. I think I comfortably have the room to as well since I spent the last 5k on slots.

vVrfS44l.png

Can't express how happy I was when I got her. Cost me 25k lapis (1 5k on Friday, 4 yesterday). I think most people would say this banner wasn't worth it but it's common knowledge that I can't pull on banner so here's the list of off banner goodness I received:

Warrior of Light!!!! Finally! My first and the unit I've been chasing the longest. Wanted him before I even knew he was broken.
2 Snows. I tried to get him on his banner for 2 Champions Belts for Aileen but failed. Ironic that I got 2 now trying to get her.

YkLzxv9l.png

I was actually very lucky getting 3 Rainbows in 4 11 pulls, but at the time I was salty as hell because I wanted Aileen. Now I have her I'm pleased to have him too.

That's for you Chilly.

O, and out my 20 yellows not a single one was Sozhe. The on banner curse continues...kind of haha.

CONGRATS!

Xion86

Congrats Alkez!! :D glad you managed to get her (and Emperor!), have fun levelling her up.

It's so nice not to have to grind an event today. I'm doing a couple of refills for Dunes, to max out some less rarer units so they are done, then will probably TM farm. Oh I've got 3 side quests to finish up too.

Daily pull today was Hayate.

Doctor_No

Those calculations seem a bit out of date already since it doesn't factor in Great/Large Sword mastery from the Dark Espers trial. That's an additional 20% of attack. I also wonder if the formulas are accurate, heh.

Anyway, there'll be a ton more materia coming that increases the power of physical attackers for GL so it's only a bit of a lull right now.

Most mages don't have super strong attacks. Rem is a red mage but mostly focused on healing. Her -ga spells aren't that strong even after enhancement. She also needs dagger to get her 50% MAG/SPR buff. Sylvia has really average mods on her hybrid attacks as well.

Light Veritas would be the next big one but would need chainers as LV's best skill is a 1 hit 1600% Hybrid light attack. The other skills are in the same area as Fryevia though AOE.

Orlandeau would get around 31 ATK with Large Sword Mastery over a 30% Materia such as Quick Attack. Its 20% extra off of base attack, not overall attack. But in the same vein, the person above that did the calculations also used Diablos for Fryevia due to extra killer-passives (which aren't taken into account in the comparison) over Ramuh, which would add more MAG to Fryevia as well.

In regards to the formula, that is the current agreed upon formula for hybrid damage. There was a discussion on their discourd chat around that time and it was confirmed by Natza. And from my personal testing; Fryevia does indeed have noticeably more overall damage output than Orlandeau (I have multiples of each). Once I complete my second Aileen's TM, I'll do a comparison of the three and how they chain (hopefully the training dummy would be out by then).

As far as mages, you're absolutely right in that there really isn't that many great ones, and all of them really aren't great in JP. But there is clearly is a re-balancing occurring for global, which more MAG-based adjustments that goes beyond LoAs.

Mateus's Malice is 129 mag over 109 mag in JP (more mag than Lulu's new TM), Marie's Rainbow Robe can be equipped by everyone and not just female units, then there is White Knight Noel's Ice Rosetta, and Fryevia's Needle. Mag-values have gotten parity with atk on GL by numbers alone, and given how many GL-exclusives we've gotten I half expect Gumi to release a strong mage or another hybrid damage dealer to take advantage of all the adjustments they made.

http://i.imgur.com/vVrfS44l.png

http://i.imgur.com/YkLzxv9l.png

That's for you Chilly.

Wow! Those are great pulls! Congrats!!!!!

Kouriozan

Congrats and welcome to the Emperor club, we all own a bit of Chilly's spirit.

The Emperor is going to feel naked without his Lordly Robe.
aiksj;ljshdkasdk;jashdkjashdjlhgasdljhgasldgasjhdgaksgdajsgdasjlfdakjgsfdaj h
Unbelievably unintentional lol being gay myself I'd be quite the hypocrite!!

Still, how dare he mock Emperor-sama -.-
I've sent you a request.

YOUR FUTURE EMPEROR WELCOMES YOU

BAHAHAHA
You mean everyone but him will pull Emperor ;P
asylhdgashlgdlhjsagdasdjasl;knaskdkasdsadas
Maybe he'll show up on Emperor banner? I sure hope so, would love one too.
WHO GAVE YOU PERMISSION TO SPEAK HIS NAME

I hope so too >.<

Digged and linked all the quotes, he deserves it.

Valentus

Does dual-element wielding reduces damage? LV might take advantage with a Fraternity but dunno how the light element on Saint Buster interferes with a water element.

Thats the one that reduces light resistance? The first hit will hit normally and apply the light resistance debuff. The second hit of the offhand will apply the elemental damage formula ( (sum. of element resistance/total of elements) So if the enemy has -50% light resistance and 0% buff/debuff water element, and you attack with holy/water element, it would be

(-50% + 0%) / 2 = -25%

So attacking dual element in that kind of skills reduces the damage in 25% unless the enemy has weakness in both elements. That can be solved with another unit doing the extra elemental debuff but with that you would need external help and the damage cant be done with only 2 units doing the chain.

Alkez

Thanks everyone :)

I saved all the cactuars from the mog king in case I got her so she's max level, but I only had 45% worth of moogles so I don't have the Artisan yet. Sharing her anyways with the golem staff for earth element.

Got 2 slots available for anyone I don't currently have.

ApSuKsql.png

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
1. CONGRATZ ALKEZ!!

2. jealous. And getting jealouser. My last legit rainbow was Yun during the CNY banner.

3. Using this weekend's dunes to catch up on a few units I never leveled -- Ace, Bartz, Luka, etc. Seven is in the queue if I get there.

Did my first multi so I now have a few units to consider putting to use. Could anyone tell me which 5 make the smartest choices from what I have?

Lightning, Mercedes, Luka, Exdeath and Snow i guess?

Also a good idea to 6star Rain and Xon

Keep an eye on Garland. His upcoming 6star upgrade is decent

Thinking of replacing exdeath consider his survivability is low. Any suggestions from this list? Planning on raising Xon too as well.

https://imgur.com/a/nz5sd

its nice to have a powerful mage in your back pocket so you can just swap in another dps or support unit

Probably DPS to give Chizzy a hand so either use firion or Xon

Didnt notice you also had Nine and Mercedes

Agrias isnt too far away I imagine as well

SeanTSC

Thinking of replacing exdeath consider his survivability is low. Any suggestions from this list? Planning on raising Xon too as well.

https://imgur.com/a/nz5sd

For arena or general use? For Arena just stack as much HP as possible on him and he'll be as beefy as any non-Evade unit in the game, especially since you can up his Elemental Resists pretty easy with Armor and Shields. Go all in with +HP gear in accessory and materia slots and it's super easy to hit 5.6k+ on him with just 10%'s if you have him HP potted and well beyond that if you have better HP materia/accessories. You don't need Mag in any of his equipment slots except the weapon and it's pretty easy to hit 999 with him due to his pseudo Man-Eater passive.

Syntsui

How the fuck one of the worst, most obscure, more hated FF ever gets THREE FUCKING EXCLUSIVE EVENTS? These devs are nuts.

Alkez

When everyone is bashing FF Type Zero and I'm just here like I would like Rem lol.

That being said I never actually played the game. I just want unlimited ReRaise goodness.

its nice to have a powerful mage in your back pocket so you can just swap in another dps or support unit

Probably DPS to give Chizzy a hand so either use firion or Xon

Didnt notice you also had Nine and Mercedes

Agrias isnt too far away I imagine as well

I'm absolutely anticipating both WoL and Agrias upgrades. I will be set when that happens.

I plan to keep ExDeath around on arena but when fighting bosses, he ends up being more of a liability.

What's so good about Nine and Mercedes?

And Type Zero was the one FF game that I couldn't make myself finish and have no desire to try. At least when I gave up on FF12 when it first came out, it was because of changing times in my gaming habits and I'll eventually go back to it.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
When everyone is bashing FF Type Zero and I'm just here like I would like Rem lol.

That being said I never actually played the game. I just want unlimited ReRaise goodness.

Game isn't well liked.
Only decent units are the 5*, and even then, they are all severely limited.
TMs aren't particularly good either, for coming out this late in the game.

All around just a disappointing event, we sadly are going to be forced to slog through. I get they don't want to catch up, but they sorely needed to combine the FFzero events.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I'm absolutely anticipating both WoL and Agrias upgrades. I will be absolutely set when that happens.

I plan to keep ExDeath around on arena but when fighting bosses, he ends up being more of a liability.

What's so good about Nine and Mercedes?

Waiting for upgrades feels like a futile effort. Because upgrades only happen in context of power creep (literally all the new, more powerful units make pre upgrade units worthless). Post upgrade units really only bring them up to speed.

As far as exdeath goes -- I've noticed a Mage hasn't really been necessary over the past few events. Could be me.

SeanTSC

How the fuck one of the worst, most obscure, more hated FF ever gets THREE FUCKING EXCLUSIVE EVENTS? These devs are nuts.

I don't know, it's fucking baffling. FFT0 absolutely does not deserve 3 events in anything ever. If you're going to do multiple events for a big cast then FF6 deserves it INFINITELY more than FFT0 ever could. They're just not memorable or beloved characters and it's not a memorable or beloved game in the slightest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom