• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

robotuw

You guys I just ticket pulled my 2nd ever rainbow crystal...

...And pulled my 2nd ever Noctis. I want to feel trolled but I know I cant because two Noctis cant be bad!

He's great! A team of 5 Noctis (Noctii?) is a pretty balanced team. He can do almost anything.

tuffymon

He's great! A team of 5 Noctis (Noctii?) is a pretty balanced team. He can do almost anything.

Lack of a steady heal might be his only downfall, SUURREEE all 5 could jump together... but then its Russian roulette on the next turn... It's still better then any other team of 5 for sure~

Dandte

I joined the aileen club...now all i have is a single 4* ticket...yep blew the new ones in hope for a second aileen because i don't get how she will be useful wirhout aileen friends.

Do we have any other good stone elemental weapon?

My future main team will be

WoL, Tillith, Ramza, Aileen and as swap ins Gilga, Luneth, Randi or Dark Fina...i guess. But without a good stone swort etc i can't really use aileens potential right?

Tidus looked so much bettee on paper with mercedes axe and orlandu has durandal and excalibur. Olive will get the 3* base 120 lightning sword later on.

But what shiny new toy will get aileen.

Also got my second xon, so i may need you esper ling again tuffy to get the summon moogle.

Ken

Do we have any other good stone elemental weapon?

no.

that's one of aileen's cons

XI event dagger
ATK+40
Element: Earth
Ability: HP+10%

Story Event sword
ATK+60

Monster Hunter katana
ATK+93

Golem Staff

TMR Hammer from Raggles (if you can TMR this you'd just TMR Artisan!)
ATK+108

--

she has a move that adds earth element to her next couple attacks so it's not a total loss

Dandte

no.

that's one of aileen's cons

XI event dagger
ATK+40
Ability: HP+10%

Story Event sword
ATK+60

Monster Hunter katana
ATK+93

Golem Staff

TMR Hammer from Raggles (if you can TMR this you'd just TMR Artisan!)
ATK+108

--

she has a move that adds earth element to her next couple attacks so it's not a total loss
Looks like a good toy for gilgamesh. Hopefully we get this collab.

I found your Noctis to be helpful as well. This was before knowing he was Mr. Evade Tank. Was having trouble with plant before knowing deal with it. My whole team died after first round. Yadda yadda. Your badass finished it out for me so I didn't have to go another round. I dream of one day having a Noctis like yours.
The bitch would have to show up first. ><

And across is saying exactly what I was going for. Until recently, it didn't used to be always two weeks of pure bordem. I want them to move a bit before they kill any fun factor in this shit. Especially if ANOTHER FF Type 0 is on the horizon. Talk about a shoot me now banner.

Awesome, glad to help muku!

Valentus

Heres my little analysis of Aileen

Basically, she is a fucking beast. If you manage to reduce the enemy elemental weakness with another unit (Seven or Marie), the possibilities with her are endless. I did test with a crappy golem staff and second knife and i slaughtered all the bosses i tested alone.

But, seeing as a self-sufficent unit, The best equipment for Aileen now are Artisan-Great Sword (save the queen). But Orlandeau needs more the Great Sword than Aileen so if you have both, is better to use Artisan-Katana with Aileen.

Thats the great about aileen, if you have few copies of your TMs, you can adapt Aileen's build and not hurting your other unit's builds.

---------------------------

GAF i need a favor please. Im going to do my "Gilgamesh vs FFXIII" video but i need a lightning or Snow Friend.

If its snow, with high HP and safety bit equipped (if dont have safety bit dont worry, i can adapt my strategy with Vanille's Auto-Revive)

If its Lightning, the best ATK possible with Diabolos, Excalibur and whatever other weapon you want.

Can you help me please? Thanls guys, youre awesome!

Kouriozan

If its Lightning, the best ATK possible with Diabolos, Excalibur and whatever other weapon you want.

Hope it's good enough!

nZxyntel.jpg

Alkez

Thats the great about aileen, if you have few copies of your TMs, you can adapt Aileen's build and not hurting your other unit's builds.

This is why I really wanted her. I'm not F2P but I'm not a whale either. Aileen has so much versatility that if an enemy resists earth I never have to worry because she can use everything (offensively) so I can rely on other debuffers. I don't know how many 5* bases I'm going to be lucky enough to acquire so I'm glad I have her as she will always have use.

Oh and grats Alkez!

Thanks man :)

Alkez

Will I ever need more than 4 Letters and Arms? I currently have 8 Ingus and I'm wondering if I should solo grind them or do 2 at a time and make 4. Making them for Fryevia, but my list of TMs to do is too long so if I can save time I would like to.

across

Will I ever need more than 4 Letters and Arms? I currently have 8 Ingus and I'm wondering if I should solo grind them or do 2 at a time and make 4. Making them for Fryevia, but my list of TMs to do is too long so if I can save time I would like to.

No. Use cases for Letters & Arms are as follows:
- Fryevia (#2, for you)
- Trance Terra
- Ashe
- Veritas of the Light
- Silvia
- You really want Exdeath to have high MAG (for Meteor)
- You really want Ramza to have high MAG (for Ultima)
- You really want Shadow to have high MAG (for -ra spells)

... more seriously, it's less that Letters & Arms isn't a big boost and more that you aren't likely to need two TM'd-to-the-gills mages at any given moment for any content we are aware will be coming down the road. Opportunity cost of grinding 8 of them is fairly extreme even if you're lapis boosting. I have two Trance Terras and I just went for four - the other one gets the general purpose MAG+30% TMs and will eventually inherit Rod Mastery and the such. I'd probably grind 8 if I had two Fryevias but I don't see any other current reason to do so.

fionel

Was excited about the new staff we get in the JP FFX exploration event for my Yuna (Arc Arcana - 68 mag 68 spr with access to firega/freezega/thunderga/waterga). However after testing the 2 builds below I'm struggling to decide which is better.

1) DW with Arc Arcana and the Holy wand:
636 mag 891 spr 307 def 4054 hp

Before Ramza's Hero Song buff,
Shooting Power does approx. 1.35 mil damage
After Ramza's Hero Song buff,
Shooting Power does approx. 1.9 - 2.05 mil damage

2) New shield plus the 30% def 30% spr materia from the new trial:
568 mag 923 spr 397 def 4427 hp

Before Ramza's Hero Song buff,
Shooting Power does approx. 1.3 mil damage
After Ramza's Hero Song buff,
Shooting Power does approx. 1.8 - 2 mil damage

Build #1 does slightly more damage with Shooting Power but allows access to the tier 3 Black magic spells (no dual-cast in this build though), so I suppose this build would be a bit handier for explorations..? Build #2 on the other hand loses those spells but makes up for it with nearly 400 def and 10% more hp. Guess this is a bit more appropriate for the tougher boss battles.

The fun thing is I could get a total of 11 mil damage with 2 Lulu's chaining 2 double Floods and with Shooting Power acting as the finisher. Hmm need to do more testing in this scenario as damage variance should be magnified.

Pulled Sozhe. Should I replace Exdeath, Mercedes or Snow for him? I noticed he's on a lot of teams. No extra rainbows yet unfortunately.

Replace Snow with him i guess

Just keep in mind what abilities and units yiu have at your disposal

Its like a toolbox to dip back into

very few units can claim a slot on your team exclusively so its wise to invest in any unit that does something unique

Sozhe is definitely unique

Alkez

No. Use cases for Letters & Arms are as follows:
- Fryevia (#2, for you)
- Trance Terra
- Ashe
- Veritas of the Light
- Silvia
- You really want Exdeath to have high MAG (for Meteor)
- You really want Ramza to have high MAG (for Ultima)
- You really want Shadow to have high MAG (for -ra spells)

... more seriously, it's less that Letters & Arms isn't a big boost and more that you aren't likely to need two TM'd-to-the-gills mages at any given moment for any content we are aware will be coming down the road. Opportunity cost of grinding 8 of them is fairly extreme even if you're lapis boosting. I have two Trance Terras and I just went for four - the other one gets the general purpose MAG+30% TMs and will eventually inherit Rod Mastery and the such. I'd probably grind 8 if I had two Fryevias but I don't see any other current reason to do so.

That makes sense, thanks. Will just do the 4. If I obtain another user and need to use both I'll just do what you're doing and compensate with Mag +30%s.

Celegus

Daily Sozhe, neat! I'll level him up just to have next time I run into some extra cactuars but doesn't sound like I need to be in a huge hurry.

Visceir

I'd prob feel more comfortable with another 4 inguses in my pocket in case I ever pull another Fryevia again, don't neccessarely need to TM em right away but just have them available.

doing 2+2 and 2+2 might add up to somewhat the same time as doing 4 single in the same party, if you've got another important TM unit to fill the last 5th spot.

across

I'd prob feel more comfortable with another 4 inguses in my pocket in case I ever pull another Fryevia again, don't neccessarely need to TM em right away but just have them available.

doing 2+2 and 2+2 might add up to somewhat the same time as doing 4 single in the same party, if you've got another important TM unit to fill the last 5th spot.

Right, this is another point - by the time my Trance Terras rolled around, I'd already consolidated my Ingusii from... 10 or something into 4. If I'd had 8 still lying around it's likely I'd have kept 4 in waiting just in case. I usually keep multiples of valuable/situationally powerful TMs waiting in the wings just in case I get some random unit who can make use of them. Unit slots are pretty cheap, after all.

Pejo

Man Nox has been crashing a lot lately. Got my Celestial gloves done though. Farming 4x Quick Assault right now and then I'll do Noctis' ring, so I can finally get those full evasion builds. Seems pretty valuable to have one of them in your pocket.

I'm really glad we're out of farming events right now, this is exactly the break I needed.

Alkez

Damn, sucks they're not coming to London. The Paris event is too close to get cheap flights.

Guess I'll have to go to New York for the first time haha.

Alkez

which is funny because I probably spent more money on this game than I have this year for my PS4.

This is why I would have seriously considered going if the Paris event was later on in the year. We say it's "just a mobile game" but, at least for me, this probably has 4 times the amount of play time of all my other games combined in the last 5 months lol. If I'm not playing I'm on here or reddit talking about/researching the game/planning for events.

Plus I love to travel, and I've never been to France. Which doesn't really make sense considering how close it is to England lol.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
If I lived nearby, I go in a heartbeat. Only question would be, who would I cosplay. Fina or Rain?

So basically, fuck you Gumi for ignore Chiraq.

GAF i need a favor please. Im going to do my "Gilgamesh vs FFXIII" video but i need a lightning or Snow Friend.

If its snow, with high HP and safety bit equipped (if dont have safety bit dont worry, i can adapt my strategy with Vanille's Auto-Revive)

Lightning up for ya.

18301031_10156112073018989_7436123516582770215_n.jpg

Pejo

If I lived nearby, I go in a heartbeat. Only question would be, who would I cosplay. Fina or Rain?

So basically, fuck you Gumi for ignore Chiraq.

Too bad this wasn't last year, cosplay as a Rainbow troll Galuf would have been great.

Kouriozan

Japan had free summon ticket when you do the daily pull for the Type-0 part 3 event, now that would encourage me to care about it.

HufCBGu.png

Chances the Gumi do the same thing in Global =
0% T-T

desverger

Decided to do my second multipull for this banner today, mainly because nothing in the immediate future really interests me banner-wise, and I still wanted to be part of the cool kids' chaining meta.

So I carefully waited the time to be exactly 17:00, watching the second hand of the clock intensenly and hovering my sweaty finger on the summon confirmation button.. right at the second the time changed, I hit summon and .. rainbow!

I mean, it's a hilariously terrible pull outside of the single rainbow that happened to be Aileen, however I'm also really glad I pulled her. On the other hand my resources are completely spent, with some measly 3k lapis left, and no tickets outside of the guaranteed 4* ticket..

It was quite fun to dump all my trust moogles on Aileen, getting her immediately up to 90% (of course I was just shy of one). I'm now working the last remaining 10% manually by showing her around the Earth Shrine..

I guess it's time to go on a lapis diet and try to build up some of my resources again.

robotuw

I mean, it's a hilariously terrible pull outside of the single rainbow that happened to be Aileen, however I'm also really glad I pulled her.

Wow yeah that might be the worst pull I've seen that's still technically a success. Aileen is still Aileen though, congrats!

What would be better 20% more for doublehand for olive or 20% more for dual wield (to replace second knife on chiz/ dual wield on Greg.

Is this your first dual wield? If so, prioritize Greg's TM and get that Genji glove. If you've got one already, maybe one of the Zidanes. Doublehand shines on Olive but you'll need her own TM as well so I'd only prioritize doublehand when you have Sparky too.

Took down the empire elt today. So now I'm at 2 10% moogles. Currently working on doublehand (3x bartz for 1 doublehand for olive), dual wield (three zidanes want 3 dual wields), with Greg and DKC on deck/vortex farming.

What would be better 20% more for doublehand for olive or 20% more for dual wield (to replace second knife on chiz/ dual wield on Greg.

Syntsui

Japan had free summon ticket when you do the daily pull for the Type-0 part 3 event, now that would encourage me to care about it.

HufCBGu.png

Chances the Gumi do the same thing in Global =
0% T-T

You know your event is gutter trash when you have to give free tickets so people can give the slighest fuck about it.

Lyrian

You know your event is gutter trash when you have to give free tickets so people can give the slighest fuck about it.

I can feel the extraordinary enthusiasm over this event all the way over here on the other side of the Internet. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom