• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest hot take that this game is not RNG:

My gf and brother pulled tickets. Both yellow. Both Sozhe.

Go again.

Both yellow. Both warrior of light.

Hmm.

Alkez

Type Zero was a vita game first right? I know mobile and handheld gaming are meant to be quite popular in Japan over console gaming. Maybe it sold well there/was popular and Gumi/Alim just rode the wave? The west hated 13 for the most part but as far as I know it was well received in Japan. Could be the same situation?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Just imagine how many times they could go the the 6-7-8-9-10-12-13-15 well without repeating anything. Take one character and build a little side quest. Banner could be that character plus some bullshit. Content for years.

But nah, fuck y'all you're gonna get this FFT0 shit.

Waiting for upgrades feels like a futile effort. Because upgrades only happen in context of power creep (literally all the new, more powerful units make pre upgrade units worthless). Post upgrade units really only bring them up to speed.

As far as exdeath goes -- I've noticed a Mage hasn't really been necessary over the past few events. Could be me.

I'm not expecting to draw 5* base characters anytime soon. I can't imagine there will be a large power creep for 3* and 4*.

Also, I'd happily take more FFT or Final Fantasy Tactics. You're looking for FF Type 0.

Kouriozan

Type Zero was a vita game first right? I know mobile and handheld gaming are meant to be quite popular in Japan over console gaming. Maybe it sold well there/was popular and Gumi/Alim just rode the wave? The west hated 13 for the most part but as far as I know it was well received in Japan. Could be the same situation?
FF XIII-2 is totally happening, just hope XIII Lightning will get another upgrade (or 7*)
Also give me Pain/Gunner Yuna and I'll be super happy.

c-murph

Got the itch today boys. Did a daily... Tellah. Wasting my Rikku Tickets now...
Ticket No.1... Jack No.5
Ticket No.2... Trey No.5?
Ticket No.3... Gaff No.6?
Ticket No.4... Luka No.2
Ticket No.5...

GnC8xdH.png

jqWVMoN.png

Yeah, now Elza has another new toy.

I don't have any mats to upgrade her since I spent them on Girugamesh.

Doctor_No

It was a PSP game first. In FF terms I don't think it was a massive seller, I think barely a million. But I personally liked the game, but not enough for 3 events, and not when the units themselves aren't all that great. Rem doesn't even have a full-life like Refia nor can she raise entire party like Ling or the future 6* Tilith.

Alkez

C Murph - it says the image is not available. Going to assume it's Aileen and says congrats lol.

Doctor No - yeah you're right. I think I misread her skills because I thought her ReRaise was aoe to make up for the fact that it's a skill as opposed to magic (like Ayaka's) but it's single target. Not as good as I once thought.

For any JP players or people with knowledge of JP, how does Prishe's ReRaise work?

Celegus

FF XIII-2 is totally happening, just hope XIII Lightning will get another upgrade (or 7*)
Also give me Pain/Gunner Yuna and I'll be super happy.

Can't wait for XIII-2 either!

At least this will be the last Type-0 event (right?!?!!?)

Wow congrats c-murph!

My daily was Cyan, not doing any more than dailies on this stinker.

Doctor_No

For any JP players or people with knowledge of JP, how does Prishe's ReRaise work?

Her re-raise skill Seimei no Ishi(生命の意志/'Life's Will' ) applies re-raise to herself, however, if you first use her skill Rasetsugeki (羅刹撃 'Rakshasa hit') it becomes a re-raise on the entire party.

Furthermore, if you then use Minagiru Katsuryoku (みなぎる活力/'Swelling Energy') you can also heal 130 MP to your entire party per turn.

She's designed to be combo'd: (turn 1)羅刹撃->(turn 2)生命の意志->(turn 3)みなぎる活力 to get full effect.

EDarkness

Just imagine how many times they could go the the 6-7-8-9-10-12-13-15 well without repeating anything. Take one character and build a little side quest. Banner could be that character plus some bullshit. Content for years.

But nah, fuck y'all you're gonna get this FFT0 shit.

I agree. Not sure what those guys are smoking, but maybe...just maybe...they're trying to get us interested in the game so that we'll get curious and pick it up. Heh, heh.

Celegus

I agree. Not sure what those guys are smoking, but maybe...just maybe...they're trying to get us interested in the game so that we'll get curious and pick it up. Heh, heh.

My wife actually decided she wants to try it out after all these events (and that good good bump of chicken theme song), although I don't really expect her to like it based on what I've heard. And I'm sure she'll 100% lose interest as soon as FF XII remaster comes out (July I think?)

EDarkness

My wife actually decided she wants to try it out after all these events (and that good good bump of chicken theme song), although I don't really expect her to like it based on what I've heard. And I'm sure she'll 100% lose interest as soon as FF XII remaster comes out (July I think?)

I guess that's good. Perhaps their insistence on shoving this game down our throats will end up bearing fruit. Hope she at least gets some enjoyment from the game.

Lyrian

Damn it I forgot to post my update after my saltiness yesterday.

So I think most regulars know that I've wanted Aileen for some time. Well...

Can't express how happy I was when I got her. Cost me 25k lapis (1 5k on Friday, 4 yesterday). I think most people would say this banner wasn't worth it but it's common knowledge that I can't pull on banner so here's the list of off banner goodness I received:

Warrior of Light!!!! Finally! My first and the unit I've been chasing the longest. Wanted him before I even knew he was broken.
2 Snows. I tried to get him on his banner for 2 Champions Belts for Aileen but failed. Ironic that I got 2 now trying to get her.
2 Shines (had one but appreciate more)
3 Setzer (who I couldn't get on banner lol)
Xon (who I also couldn't get)

O yeah. And I got this guy.

I was actually very lucky getting 3 Rainbows in 4 11 pulls, but at the time I was salty as hell because I wanted Aileen. Now I have her I'm pleased to have him too.

That's for you Chilly.

O, and out my 20 yellows not a single one was Sozhe. The on banner curse continues...kind of haha.

Yeah this is true. I'm glad in the end it all worked out, but I think I'm done chasing non limited units now because gacha is a cruel cruel mistress. With the addition of Aileen and WoL I've got a team that works to my play style and has a good amount of longevity. I would like Rikku, Rem, and/or Ayaka but dailies are the extent of what I'm doing in regards to lapis pulls now.

Incredible pulls! So, YOU are the one taking all of my luck this week :)

Congrats and welcome to the Emperor club, we all own a bit of Chilly's spirit.

Digged and linked all the quotes, he deserves it.

/applause

171 days and counting :/

Vivi's too strong.

49saqSJ.gif

This.... this is incredible, lol.

Next event is probably going to be FFZero P3.

Ewwwww

One more and the nightmare is finally over. Hopefully, there isn't ever a part 4 that has all the remaining units that weren't covered in the first 3 events.

Got the itch today boys. Did a daily... Tellah. Wasting my Rikku Tickets now...
Ticket No.1... Jack No.5
Ticket No.2... Trey No.5?
Ticket No.3... Gaff No.6?
Ticket No.4... Luka No.2
Ticket No.5...

GnC8xdH.png

Yeah, now Elza has another new toy.

I don't have any mats to upgrade her since I spent them on Girugamesh.

So jelly. I can't even pull a off-banner gold if my life depended on it this week.

c-murph

So jelly. I can't even pull a off-banner gold if my life depended on it this week.

Yeah, I just got Cid and Girugamesh too on the last couple of banners. I think I need to stop pulling for a long while now. I'm good for units until Rikku and Ayaka. I think I have about 60% in Mogs to get her TM. Should be able to unlock it in a week.

Kouriozan

Just saw that Onion Knight is supposed to release between the 2 Veritas banners, my own prediction put it at mid/end of August
Would be nice to get it early August since it's near my anniversary :p
It's getting closer!
But then Gumi happens and get ready for October! >.<

Alkez

So, off topic question week 4:

Nothing fancy this week. Just wondering, outside of gaming, how do y'all like to spend your free time?

I think it's fairly obvious that I'm a big sports fan and follow a fair number of sports. Gambling is legal here so I spend a fair amount of time researching games and placing bets (dw I'm not an addict, but I do take it seriously, and no that is not why I play gacha lol).

Outside of that I like to work out, watch far too much TV (DC hero stuff and suits are my jam atm), listen to way too much music, and on the side I'm studying to get a qualification to English as a foreign language. That's me pretty much.

Alkez

1. CONGRATZ ALKEZ!!
:O Congrats Alkez!~!
Incredible pulls! So, YOU are the one taking all of my luck this week :)

Thanks guys :)

Her re-raise skill Seimei no Ishi(&#29983;&#21629;&#12398;&#24847;&#24535;/'Life's Will' ) applies re-raise to herself, however, if you first use her skill Rasetsugeki (&#32645;&#21049;&#25731; 'Rakshasa hit') it becomes a re-raise on the entire party.

Furthermore, if you then use Minagiru Katsuryoku (&#12415;&#12394;&#12366;&#12427;&#27963;&#21147;/'Swelling Energy') you can also heal 130 MP to your entire party per turn.

She's designed to be combo'd: (turn 1)&#32645;&#21049;&#25731;->(turn 2)&#29983;&#21629;&#12398;&#24847;&#24535;->(turn 3)&#12415;&#12394;&#12366;&#12427;&#27963;&#21147; to get full effect.

Ah I see, that's interesting. So if you have Ramza giving back MP you could potentially skip the third part of the combo and just rotate between the first two, therefore dealing damage and then casting ReRaise every two turns?

Kouriozan

Val I saw your Aileen video and we really need the training dummy for those stuff, not too long to wait hopefully! (Also nice video!)

Edit : trying to see a video of the Ultros trial without Doublandeau but everyone, and I really mean everyone, is doing it with Doublandeau.
Looks like I won't even try this one when it'll release.

Edit 2 : finally found a video with WoL (6*) / CoD / Bartz / Refia / Tilith (6*) / Orlandeau.

But I doubt we'll have 6* Tilith for this, WoL if Gumi think we are worthy of His shininess.

Sigh, my chain of shitty pull is unbelievable..
Daily pull since mid olive release and after her I got no 5 star..
Basically 31 pull on march, 30 pull on April, 8 pull on may, and all the tickets that could be obtained by any event...
Low odds is one thing, this is starting to be a joke..
I could make a lot of tm farm with refill with that amount of crystal...
Lol@rates, in all homesty this is getting really lame..

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
So, off topic question week 4:

Nothing fancy this week. Just wondering, outside of gaming, how do y'all like to spend your free time?

I think it's fairly obvious that I'm a big sports fan and follow a fair number of sports. Gambling is legal here so I spend a fair amount of time researching games and placing bets (dw I'm not an addict, but I do take it seriously, and no that is not why I play gacha lol).

Outside of that I like to work out, watch far too much TV (DC hero stuff and suits are my jam atm), listen to way too much music, and on the side I'm studying to get a qualification to English as a foreign language. That's me pretty much.

Outside of gaming (of which is mostly FFBE, FFXV, and Switch) my free time is mostly spent with family. The kids take up most of it, martial arts class here, gymnastics there, playing together in our spare time or going on dates with my wife when we can.

But me ME time? I love reading. Politics and Tech mostly. Love going to the theater by myself. And landscaping.

Kouriozan

Wired All Wrong, my oldest friend (341 days) hasn't played in the past 34 days, I'm sad I don't want to remove him T-T
My second oldest friend is Rixa (339 days) so it's alright I guess <3

Kouriozan

Wait wait wait, what happened to the Emperor?

IRjcvPT.png

Why is he suddenly the best mage in Japan?!
Did they really take 3 months to understand his enhancements?!
(They say he is OP for the Blood Moon trial)

Google translate is a gem :
Rijqy14.png
(Always refreshing to see the Emperor dead lol)

Oh and TM farming update, I'll get my 3rd Dual Wield and 2nd Dual Cast before the next event!

z7SMZy4l.png

Kettch

I keep putting off going for a second dual cast. Only really need it for Cecil, and I keep thinking he's gonna be replaced by WoL any week now.

Muku

I keep putting off going for a second dual cast. Only really need it for Cecil, and I keep thinking he's gonna be replaced by WoL any week now.

This is where Gumi gets the last laugh. Seriously Gumi, stop fucking some of our old characters already.

Shouta

Wait wait wait, what happened to the Emperor?

IRjcvPT.png

Why is he suddenly the best mage in Japan?!
Did they really take 3 months to understand his enhancements?!
(They say he is OP for the Blood Moon trial)

Google translate is a gem :
Rijqy14.png
(Always refreshing to see the Emperor dead lol)

Oh and TM farming update, I'll get my 3rd Dual Wield and 2nd Dual Cast before the next event!

z7SMZy4l.png

Check the Reddit wiki. That's where all the info on altema comes from anyway.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/units/422

Basically, crazy mag buff and an attack that becomes ridiculously powerful in long fights. It makes him one of the most powerful mages as a result. His closest competition is the Dragon Lord from the DQ collab in terms of damage. His Kafrizzle/Meragaia is a 2100% 1 Hit ST Fire attack for 200 MP. The high MP cost makes it hard to use for longer fights but if it's a short fight or one like the recent Reindeer Trial, then the Dragon Lord reigns.

Kouriozan

Check the Reddit wiki. That's where all the info on altema comes from anyway.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/units/422

Basically, crazy mag buff and an attack that becomes ridiculously powerful in long fights. It makes him one of the most powerful mages as a result. His closest competition is the Dragon Lord from the DQ collab in terms of damage. His Kafrizzle/Meragaia is a 2100% 1 Hit ST Fire attack for 200 MP. The high MP cost makes it hard to use for longer fights but if it's a short fight or one like the recent Reindeer Trial, then the Dragon Lord reigns.
I see, I'm more surprised it took this long for people to understand his power.
At least I should be able to do the Blood Moon trial easily, I wasn't too hot about him when I pulled him in the free 10+1 summon, but now I'm farming TM to ensure he'll be strong for when his enhancement hits.

Doctor_No

Ah I see, that's interesting. So if you have Ramza giving back MP you could potentially skip the third part of the combo and just rotate between the first two, therefore dealing damage and then casting ReRaise every two turns?

Yep. She really is about combos. So there are several paths.

You can go the support path that was described earlier:

(turn 1)&#32645;&#21049;&#25731;->(turn 2)&#29983;&#21629;&#12398;&#24847;&#24535;->(turn 3)&#12415;&#12394;&#12366;&#12427;&#27963;&#21147;

Or you can go attack path which buffs her attack by 100%:

(turn 1)Rangeki (&#20081;&#25731;)-> (turn 2)Rasetsugeki (&#32645;&#21049;&#25731; 'Rakshasa hit')

So you can mix and match her combos as they chain in together.

Muku

Do yall think we are getting a new banner this week? Or will it be Orlandu 2.0 continuation of two week banners.

Celegus

Do yall think we are getting a new banner this week? Or will it be Orlandu 2.0 continuation of two week banners.

I sure hope there's a new one. I don't think we need to 2 weeks to clear this event with nothing else. Though it would be pretty hilarious if we get 2 weeks of a single clear after the back to back to back to back farming events before this.

Also nice to see Emperor's getting some love! I'm curious what Trance Terra's enhancements will be, surely her turn will be soon in JP.

Shouta

I see, I'm more surprised it took this long for people to understand his power.
At least I should be able to do the Blood Moon trial easily, I wasn't too hot about him when I pulled him in the free 10+1 summon, but now I'm farming TM to ensure he'll be strong for when his enhancement hits.

Folks picked up on how strong he was when he got enhanced. He was kinda eh before then, lol.

Yep. She really is about combos. So there are several paths.

You can go the support path that was described earlier:

(turn 1)&#32645;&#21049;&#25731;->(turn 2)&#29983;&#21629;&#12398;&#24847;&#24535;->(turn 3)&#12415;&#12394;&#12366;&#12427;&#27963;&#21147;

Or you can go attack path which buffs her attack by 100%:

(turn 1)Rangeki (&#20081;&#25731;)-> (turn 2)Rasetsugeki (&#32645;&#21049;&#25731; 'Rakshasa hit')

So you can mix and match her combos as they chain in together.

It's just a shame the route to her Prishe special takes a bunch of turns. 1000% multi-hit is so good. At least you get to charges when she dual-wields, as I recall anyway.

across

aren't all banners (except the recent PC) two weeks!

unless you mean two weeks of dailies

For most of GL's lifespan, the pattern was to have overlapping banners but the dailies would change each week. So..

11-04 - FFIII banner live, dailies are FFIII
11-11 - Brave Frontier banner live, dailies switch to BF, FFIII banner still pullable
11-18 - FFIII banner ends, Dark Destroyers banner live, dailies switch to DD, BF banner still pullable
11-25 - BF and DD banners end, FFV banner live, dailies FFV
12-02 - FFXIII-1 banner live, dailies switch to FFXIII-1, FFV banner still pullable

You get the idea. This persisted more or less without pause (holiday events and things disrupt it a bit) until FFT-2 with Orlandeau (understandable, $$$) and FFVI (not understandable unless you agree with the theory that DQ collab got scuppered and Gumi GL needed to fill time)

Extended banners are a drag because we slip further and further behind JP for literally no gain whatsoever. Yada yada power creep, but I'd like to get to FFIX and Nier and whatnot before my interest in the game terminates or Gumi kills GL or whatever.

Kouriozan

Gumi can't justify another 2 weeks straight without new event at this point, we made up for the lack of Dragon Quest with Global Exclusive and as across said, 2 weeks of FF VI and Tactics 2, we're about 8 months behind and falling further will bring many trouble in regard to anniversary stuff and powercreep (trial release haven't slowed down)
For reference JP launched late October and Global late June, so exactly 8 months apart.

Nazta bring up that Gumi added Bahamut Raid items, looks like we're getting it in at about the same time JP got the FF XIV one, so Gumi switched the 2 up.

Broseybrose

You guys I just ticket pulled my 2nd ever rainbow crystal...

...And pulled my 2nd ever Noctis. I want to feel trolled but I know I cant because two Noctis cant be bad!

You guys I just ticket pulled my 2nd ever rainbow crystal...

...And pulled my 2nd ever Noctis. I want to feel trolled but I know I cant because two Noctis cant be bad!

At the very least, having two Ring of the Lucii is amazing. Besides, think of how many strategies we've read that talk about "use your Noctis, then friend Noctis." Well, now you've got two Noctii. You can sub in whatever friend you need at this point. As a Noctis user, I know that I've tackled several trials where the second Noct was super useful for Cover.

So yeah, don't feel trolled. You can run the double Noctopus. (And be glad it wasn't a Queen or something.)

Muku

Glad someone found use for my boy Noct.

I found your Noctis to be helpful as well. This was before knowing he was Mr. Evade Tank. Was having trouble with plant before knowing deal with it. My whole team died after first round. Yadda yadda. Your badass finished it out for me so I didn't have to go another round. I dream of one day having a Noctis like yours.
The bitch would have to show up first. ><

And across is saying exactly what I was going for. Until recently, it didn't used to be always two weeks of pure bordem. I want them to move a bit before they kill any fun factor in this shit. Especially if ANOTHER FF Type 0 is on the horizon. Talk about a shoot me now banner.

Broseybrose

At the very least, having two Ring of the Lucii is amazing. Besides, think of how many strategies we've read that talk about "use your Noctis, then friend Noctis." Well, now you've got two Noctii. You can sub in whatever friend you need at this point. As a Noctis user, I know that I've tackled several trials where the second Noct was super useful for Cover.

So yeah, don't feel trolled. You can run the double Noctopus. (And be glad it wasn't a Queen or something.)

I like Queens TM.

But im definitely happy about 2 RoL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom