• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syntsui

Can't remember a single relevant boss weak to it, but yeah, I hope we have relevant bosses in the future weak to magic and dark.

Alkez

Also, Dark Fina enhancements are a mess. Why the hell would I use Dystopia if I could doublecast Ultima every turn? Why the hell would I use Ultima if I can equip Ring of Lucii and use Alterna (ok, this is more restrictive being a TM to a rare unit and being very costly).

Cause ultima is multi hitting now. Get those mag chains going.

across

Also, Dark Fina enhancements are a mess. Why the hell would I use Dystopia if I could doublecast Ultima every turn? Why the hell would I use Ultima if I can equip Ring of Lucii and use Alterna (ok, this is more restrictive being a TM to a rare unit and being very costly).

Dystopia: to benefit from a dark-element imperil (DKC, Veritas of the Dark, or hell, Marie), costs less than half the MP
Ultima: hits multiple times vs. Alterna's one hit (chain vs. cap), costs less than half the MP, not everyone has Ring of the Lucii, you may not want it on Dina, sacrificing 30% MAG/SPR (best case scenario) for RotL

While we're asking rhetorical questions, what else are you going to spend Black crysts on?

robotuw

I could be wrong but if i read the announcement correctly it seems this raid doesn't use orbs but nrg though..

Geez I hope not. There's no coin banner and those crafting rewards are strictly meh. If it costs nrg I might just ignore it entirely unless those individual rewards are fantastic.

Syntsui

Dystopia: to benefit from a dark-element imperil (DKC, Veritas of the Dark, or hell, Marie), costs less than half the MP
Ultima: hits multiple times vs. Alterna's one hit (chain vs. cap), costs less than half the MP, not everyone has Ring of the Lucii, you may not want it on Dina, sacrificing 30% MAG/SPR (best case scenario) for RotL

While we're asking rhetorical questions, what else are you going to spend Black crysts on?

I never even farmed those, I'm all about Support Crysts lol. Anyway, I should probably get some as I have two of them to awaken. That will probably take some time.

Zalasta

For the ELT exploration of the current event, can you seal the dragon's heal/confusion with elemental weapon like Fryevia's TM sword or ice brand? Or do you actually need to use a water/ice spell/ability?

Syntsui

Oh Gumi should make him immune to Holy, so people would be more pressured to pull for Aileen while her banner is still there.

Her enhanced Ultima is now a 7 hit spell if you have 2 of them or use 2 of them that's 14 chained Ultimas. I'm going to go with that over Alterna I think ;p

across

I never even farmed those, I'm all about Support Crysts lol. Anyway, I should probably get some as I have two of them to awaken. That will probably take some time.

It was a double-feature rhetorical question.

1) The only other interesting thing in the near future to use Black crysts for Enhancements is Exdeath's Meteor. I'm using "interesting" very loosely here.
2) Ultima+1 is 4 T4s and 2 T5s, +2 is 8 T4s and another 2 T5s. Unless you have the devil's luck that's probably a full set of TMs worth of NRG sunk into the Vortex of Gems just for the T4s, nevermind that you can only have acquired two T5s to date.

In other words, it literally doesn't matter that she's getting enhancements right now.

Her enhanced Ultima is now a 7 hit spell if you have 2 of them or use 2 of them that's 14 chained Ultimas. I'm going to go with that over Alterna I think ;p

Same damage split over those hits. +2 is 280% with 50% ignore SPR, so 560% split across 7 hits (I assume 80% per hit). Not quite 14 chained Ultimas. You benefit from the chain increase but it's non elemental, so +0.1x per. Useful, but hardly game-breaking.

Ken

For the ELT exploration of the current event, can you seal the dragon's heal/confusion with elemental weapon like Fryevia's TM sword or ice brand? Or do you actually need to use a water/ice spell/ability?

The heal gets sealed if you exploit the water/ice weakness but you get the confusion and a ton of auto attacks afaik.

If you don't ever hit the weakness I think you don't get the confusion?

Kouriozan

In other words, it literally doesn't matter that she's getting enhancements right now.

That's why I don't understand Gumi holding back on Ramza.
Nobody can make his song +2 right now, until at least the next Mog King and even then they'll probably lack the T4 crysts until the first story event that should happen next month (about the time when I suspect they'll release it)

enhanced ultima is multihit

Alkez

Can anyone who has Aileen (Val, Hippo, Bonk) put her as your friend unit for a few hours if possible please? I haven't done the dark espers trial and I want to give it a go now I have a unit that can actually hit (stupid ice resist lol).

Lyrian

Saw the in-game news after a busy morning, rushed to see the salt in the thread.

Was not disappointed; daily sodium intake achieved ;)

So.... I had a absolutely devilish thought while pulling my usual daily blue crystal garbage....

I'm starting to think just to rub this REALLY into the Global playerbase.... Cecil is going to get 6* enhancements before WoL gets his 6* base form. Actually, I'm somewhat it hasn't happened yet, given that Cecil's enhancements was in the very first batch on JP.

Syntsui

It was a double-feature rhetorical question.

1) The only other interesting thing in the near future to use Black crysts for Enhancements is Exdeath's Meteor. I'm using "interesting" very loosely here.
2) Ultima+1 is 4 T4s and 2 T5s, +2 is 8 T4s and another 2 T5s. Unless you have the devil's luck that's probably a full set of TMs worth of NRG sunk into the Vortex of Gems just for the T4s, nevermind that you can only have acquired two T5s to date.

Same damage split over those hits. +2 is 280% with 50% ignore SPR, so 560% split across 7 hits (I assume 80% per hit). Not quite 14 chained Ultimas. You benefit from the chain increase but it's non elemental, so +0.1x per. Useful, but hardly game-breaking.

Are you confusing T4 with T5 and T5 with T6?

Because I never actully ''farmed'' crysts, I've used my stamina on those dungeons in very few occasions where I was bored and didn't want to farm TMs. With this in mind, I have at this moment 14x T4 Support Crysts and 2x T5 Support Giancrysts for example.

T4s can't be that rare considering I have that many with barely any effort.

Pejo

The heal gets sealed if you exploit the water/ice weakness but you get the confusion and a ton of auto attacks afaik.

If you don't ever hit the weakness I think you don't get the confusion?

Interesting. I'm going to try this tonight for the first time. If you pass multiple 10% thresholds, does he do multiple threshold attacks, or just a single one?

Kouriozan

Are you confusing T4 with T5 and T5 with T6?

Because I never actully ''farmed'' crysts, I've used my stamina on those dungeons in very few occasions where I was bored and didn't want to farm TMs. With this in mind, I have at this moment 14x T4 Support Crysts and 2x T5 Support Giancrysts for example.

There's only 5 tiers

LWlYv1E.png

Syntsui

There's only 5 tiers

LWlYv1E.png

I see what's happening here, in the inventory Purecrysts have a 6* label on them, Giancrysts have a 5* and Heavycrists have a 4*.

I thought these were these numbers were the ''Ts''. SO I'm actually in a bad shape for enhancements lol.

across

That's why I don't understand Gumi holding back on Ramza.

Why did Gumi delay Orlandeau?
Why is Gumi delaying WoL6?
Why is Gumi delaying Hero's Rime+2?
Why is Gumi delaying Tilith6? (this isn't being said yet, but it will, book it)

Answer to all four of these questions is exactly the same, IMO.

I'm starting to think just to rub this REALLY into the Global playerbase.... Cecil is going to get 6* enhancements before WoL gets his 6* base form. Actually, I'm somewhat it hasn't happened yet, given that Cecil's enhancements was in the very first batch on JP.

Probably. Cecil's enhancements are questionable, though. Frankly, until story events come out, I don't see any reason to care about enhancements at all.

This is one of those quotes that should go in some sort of GAFFBE Hall of Fame.

Probably. Cecil's enhancements are questionable, though. Frankly, until story events come out, I don't see any reason to care about enhancements at all.

This is one of those quotes that should go in some sort of GAFFBE Hall of Fame.

if you went really crazy on easter its possible to have a bunch of T4s from the pulls

Pejo

So at first I was bummed about getting a dupe D. Fina on Eileen banner, then I was bummed about D. Fina enhancements instead of 6* WoL.

Then today on Reddit I saw this:

https://youtu.be/bwG_hwpYksI?t=883

Ok, maybe not so bummed right now. But man I am going to need to farm hard for upgrade materials, not to mention I didn't grab a single Dark Purecryst and I'll need 8(!!) to max out both of their Ultima's. I like that it's non elemental and can nearly reach cap, though.

Syntsui

So at first I was bummed about getting a dupe D. Fina on Eileen banner, then I was bummed about D. Fina enhancements instead of 6* WoL.

Ok, maybe not so bummed right now. But man I am going to need to farm hard for upgrade materials, not to mention I didn't grab a single Dark Purecryst and I'll need 8(!!) to max out both of their Ultima's. I like that it's non elemental and can nearly reach cap, though.

Firion doing all the hard work here.

This makes me hopeful that Trance Terra will get some amazing enhancements. I still need another of her for chaining though!

Lyrian

Which is exactly surprising why they haven't happened yet. Cecil's enhancements are extremely meh... with the only marginally useful enhancement being quite expensive to give him auto-refresh. I guess there is a standing policy to not enhance the top unit in a role while it is still at the top (but then, wouldn't that create a chicken and egg situation with WoL 6*?).

Also... there are now dark rumblings on the horizon that Rikku might be the next unit to get banished to the void for an unknown length of time.

bonkeng

Just roaming around, the best I saw was a XIV Cactuar claw machine in a Taiko arcade but not an entire store (or even half of one) dedicated to FF.

You probably want to try Artnia?

Is this in Akihabara?

You could visit the Eorzea (ff xiv) Cafe
https://www.pasela.co.jp/paselabo_shop/ff_eorzea/sp/

Also roaming around is the best way to find stuff. Are you in tokyo or osaka sapporo etc? In hiroshima i found a neat little ff gachapon. Got a chocobo from it.

I'll be on Tokyo for 3 days, then I'll be going to Osaka afterwards. Imma check that Eorzea Cafe. Thanks!

You can go to Artnia in Shinjuku. Lots of Square Enix merchandise there.

http://www.tawashix.com/entry/artnia

Additional Links 1, 2, 3

Its also a cafe; in case you want a cappuccino with a mog in it or some Shira pancakes.
https://tabelog.com/en/tokyo/A1304/A130401/13151040/dtlphotolst/1/

That's cool! I'll make sure to visit this Artnia place! Thanks man.

I'm getting more excited on this trip :D

Kouriozan

I see what's happening here, in the inventory Purecrysts have a 6* label on them, Giancrysts have a 5* and Heavycrists have a 4*.

I thought these were these numbers were the ''Ts''. SO I'm actually in a bad shape for enhancements lol.
I understand, the easiest way is to count the spikes on those crysts, 1 spike = T1, 2 spikes = T2, etc...
heres my video of gilga vs ff13

Again, thanks all for helping me with this challenges :D
Neat, watching it tonight.

Shouta

Afaik XI Dragoons had pet dragons.

^Eorzea cafe requires a pre-bought ticket iirc and it's also probable not super exciting if you don't play XIV!

XI Dragoons were the shit. Best Dragoon.

The draw to using Dystopia is that it's a non-magic, magic damage attack and that it's a low cost spell to cast. For longer fights where MP is an issue or where you can't cast a black magic spell, Dystopia becomes the go to spell for Dark Fina over the others. It's 1160% damage after it finishes growing to max potential so it's incredibly strong. An example of a fight where you'd use it is the Bloody Moon trial boss where it takes only magic damage but casting a black magic spell on the moon itself is bad because it'll do an attack to fuck you up, lol.

Lyrian

Where do I go in Olderion? I've done the lake but it keeps asking me to go back to the town. I've not found any other path out of the town though.

If I remember right, there is a cutscene at a specfic location that you need to view to trigger the next area to show up.

I **think**, starting at the entrance to town, take a right at the first intersection with the shops and exit the map to another part of town. In the new map, go up/north at the first intersection and follow the loop to the top of the map. There should be an NPC at the northmost building that triggers the needed cutscene,

If I remember right, there is a cutscene at a specfic location that you need to view to trigger the next area to show up.

I **think**, starting at the entrance to town, take a right at the first intersection with the shops and exit the map to another part of town. In the new map, go up/north at the first intersection and follow the loop to the top of the map. There should be an NPC at the northmost building that triggers the needed cutscene,

I'll bear this in mind. Turns out I needed a boat to the west of town but it sounds like I'll be coming back again.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Going over the news.

You know, I get they want to drag it out. But it's getting boring when they keep holding back so much. I'm okay with stuff like WoL and Ramza being held back. And I appreciate them putting XIV and VI up, but come on. Release the fucking units people want. Month is looking deserted already. No new banner, new GL exclusive units, and we'll be having Zero 3 for the next Mog King. Give us something to get hyped for. I want a confirmation on like FFX or something. A 5* unit isn't going to break the game, give me something to be hype for.

On the positive side, I said it last month, but the game sorely needed a trial created for GL and looks like we're getting one.

Xion86

I'll bear this in mind. Turns out I needed a boat to the west of town but it sounds like I'll be coming back again.

Nice to see you're getting through the story well. Are you picking up the rewards as you go too?

Spent my NRG on grabbing more Holy Crystals today as I'm always low on that, not really done much else. Quite looking forward to the Raid :D

Also, I'm visiting family in the US from the 17-30th May (I'll still be active where I can as I'm taking my phone and iPad of course, and I'm sure they have WiFi). But two weeks of no TM farming :eek:.

Muku

They are either saving a fuckton of stuff to make the anniversary fun (not likely), or they would just prefer everyone quit already.

And if somehow it is the first... if they have to 'save' stuff to make the anniversary thing fun, then they've already failed hard.

Also.... I'm really not expecting crap for the anniversary. GL gets no love. They would rather shit all over us, drop one thing and be praised as gods because we were so bored. Get your shit together Gumi. Give us a bone. So damn boring.

They are either saving a fuckton of stuff to make the anniversary fun (not likely), or they would just prefer everyone quit already.

And if somehow it is the first... if they have to 'save' stuff to make the anniversary thing fun, then they've already failed hard.

Also.... I'm really not expecting crap for the anniversary. GL gets no love. They would rather shit all over us, drop one thing and be praised as gods because we were so bored. Get your shit together Gumi. Give us a bone. So damn boring.

Funny thing is I'm playing FE: Heroes on the side and in order to grind I actually have to use my brain and play the game and it's freaking fun. TM grinding needs to be reworked from the ground up. It'd only make the game better and add to its longevity.

Pejo

XI Dragoons were the shit. Best Dragoon.

One of the few success stories in MMO of a basic class redesign. Dragoons sucked ass when everyone was leveling on crabs and their 2 hour was calling the wyvern (which died to literally any AoE). When they gave the pets damage reduction, and changed it to 15 minutes cooldown, along with the other buffs, it became one of my all time favorite pet classes, and my 3rd favorite class in XI.

I wish other FF spinoffs gave Dragoons the pet mechanic instead of focusing on boring old jumps all the time.

Syntsui

Yeah, I'm having a blast with FE:Heroes again, it's good to actually have to use your brain even if you have the best units in the game with the best inheritances. The game is not even 6 months old and shits on every other 2-3 year old gacha in the market.

That said, Ifrit raid was the best thing this game has ever done so I'm excited for Bahamut.

Muku

One of the few success stories in MMO of a basic class redesign. Dragoons sucked ass when everyone was leveling on crabs and their 2 hour was calling the wyvern (which died to literally any AoE). When they gave the pets damage reduction, and changed it to 15 minutes cooldown, along with the other buffs, it became one of my all time favorite pet classes, and my 3rd favorite class in XI.

I wish other FF spinoffs gave Dragoons the pet mechanic instead of focusing on boring old jumps all the time.

LOL OMG leveling on crabs in Dunes.

I hate Dragoons generally in games. They're so boring. (And how the hell does Killer stuff still not work on jumping in this game yet? WTF) But if they did more of what 11 did, I would jump on.

Couple years ago I jumped back into 11 after so long. I played RDM again with THF on side. But I went all in up to 90 as BST. I learned to love pet classes after WoW (thank you Hunter), and while not a perm pet, I enjoyed my pot Sheep. That and helped me get up to point to break caps. Didn't break cap before stopping again, but I had a hell of a lot of fun. Leveling and no group? No worries go into tunnels and kill slime with sheep. Of course parties that would come in and love to invite me. Wasn't going to turn them down because it ended up being quicker.

OMG, now you really have me hating DRG unless they have pets because I really won't touch them now.

Lyrian

I wonder if there is going to be a new event that hasn't been announced yet, as the raid will consume orbs and not energy.

Surely, Gumi wouldn't give everyone yet another consecutive week to freely macro?

Going over the news.

You know, I get they want to drag it out. But it's getting boring when they keep holding back so much. I'm okay with stuff like WoL and Ramza being held back. And I appreciate them putting XIV and VI up, but come on. Release the fucking units people want. Month is looking deserted already. No new banner, new GL exclusive units, and we'll be having Zero 3 for the next Mog King. Give us something to get hyped for. I want a confirmation on like FFX or something. A 5* unit isn't going to break the game, give me something to be hype for.

On the positive side, I said it last month, but the game sorely needed a trial created for GL and looks like we're getting one.

I'm reading your comment and I think I had my inspirational thought for day, connecting the points together that you wrote in combination with the news video.

The reason that there is going to be a global exclusive trial is because Gumi can't realistically release the next trial from JP while key awakenings and units are still being withheld. Alim created the upcoming trials under the guise of 6* WoL, 6* Tilith, and enhanced Ramza being things. Thus, a new trial needs to be created to advance power creep requirements while acknowledging that these units still don't exist on Global.

I'm really starting to seriously (instead of jokingly) believe that these upgrades will actually be held off until the Global Anniversary Event as that would be the approximate timing for the next trial to appear, given the once-a-month release of new trials.

Muku

I wonder if there is going to be a new event that hasn't been announced yet, as the raid will consume orbs and not energy.

Surely, Gumi wouldn't give everyone yet another consecutive week to freely macro?

Why not? Seems to be the way of things these days. :(

Bonkeng, just wanted to thank you. Your Olive was my DD for event ELT and she carried it home no sweat!

Actually that was a relatively easy ELT mission...if you got the gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom