• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
You Really Think Someone Would Do That? Just Go On the Internet and Tell Lies?

Oh you will be surprised. I used to play this MMO called Aion back in the day. Guild member went to some power leveling site to have some farmers lvl his characters. They took all the gold on his account, broke down and salvaged all the gear, reported his account for selling gold and got it banned. Shit was hilarious and sad at the same time. We told him not to do it.

Rixa

"Please understand."
So great :D
I'm suspicious that the dragon killer effects on the weapons are a workaround for the limitations of killers when jumping at the moment. Looking forward to seeing the datamine of her full skillset.

Clearly photoshopped. Giancrysts don't exist on global, period.

I laughed more than I should have at this.

So easy to do photoshop nowadays.

Btw I skipped Eileen banner (no dailies done), but I will burn my Lapis when Friday new banner hits :). Not sure what others do, but the next banner for me is "Use all my resources for that 4* Zyrus and try to get atleast one".

Basically its one 10+1 and daily :(

I still need to do Shadow ELT. I might just avoid the hassle and go 6-man it because 15% MP materia is absolutely irrelevant to me.

You should do that. I went with my 6 man team, Noc / Noc / Cecil / Greg / Refia / friend Marie (Thanks @Crazyivan).
I didn't have Water / Ice weapons at all and Greg was without Confusion wards (Both Noc's had Black Choker). Greg went and killed someone few times but aim was only to clear the dungeon.

Save yourself for the trouble and just brute force it with 6 man.

Lyrian

So great :D

Not sure what others do, but the next banner for me is "Use all my resources for that 4* Zyrus and try to get atleast one".

Quietly hoping that Zyrus will be a rough 4* equivalent to Exdeath as a well-rounded(ish) mage. Currently, those unspeakable wannabe 4* mages are very narrow in casting scope. Hence why Exdeath is still everywhere. If his datamine is solid, I'm tossing my tickets at him instead of saving for the next Mog King event.

Lyrian

Wonder what it'll be like if Net Neutrality ever gets the axe.

You mean "make legal what corporations were already doing being everyone's backs anyways"?

It's like penalties in sports. The foul is only illegal if you get caught in the act. And in America, there is always (and very frequently taken) the option of settling outside of court without admitting legal wrongdoing. A common high-corporate tactic is to set aside contingency settlement fees when starting intentionally illicit activities via the calculation:

Profit = (Net Income from Illicit Activities - Expected Court Settlement Costs)

The whole net neutrality thing is pretty much a dog and pony show to the public.

Rixa

Quietly hoping that Zyrus will be a rough 4* equivalent to Exdeath as a well-rounded(ish) mage. Currently, those unspeakable wannabe 4* mages are very narrow in casting scope. Hence why Exdeath is still everywhere. If his datamine is solid, I'm tossing my tickets at him instead of saving for the next Mog King event.

So true and as Exdeath has made the standard of 3* Mages, hopefully Gumi won't screw Zyrus. If the unit is screwed I still wan't that TM rod. Would up my Ace MAG and curious to see if Magical Dragon Killer in that rod works with Ace Wild Card.

Hopefully everyone remembers that if one pulls unit from Friday Dragoon banner, there is a chance that Raid event drops those Reberta & Zyrus TM Moogles.

Not sure if that event drops 3* Moogles too. Would it be too op to get Kain / Firion TM multiple times by doing raid :p. Maybe raid just drops new units TM Moogles.

desverger

Hopefully everyone remembers that if one pulls unit from Friday Dragoon banner, there is a chance that Raid event drops those Reberta & Zyrus TM Moogles.

Would be good enough reason for me to do dailies hoping for Zyrus if I can grab the TM as an added bonus from the raid gacha.

robotuw

After doing almost no pulls since Orlandu I've got an itchy summon finger. Rebar being awesome would be good and all, but Zyrus being great would be the thing to make me summon.

Thinking about it more, I would think they'd almost have to give moogles as part of the raid summon, otherwise most people would have no hope of using the TM's obviously intended for the raid.

Lucreto

Finally got my first 6* characters. I think I will use the last of my 40K fish to buy more materials.

I was going after that 15% attack but I am nearing the water shrine so I can craft the 10% one instead.

So having Kane in my party will be a benefit this weekend?

If so I better start getting him back into shape then. I retired him for Fang.

Rixa

Would be good enough reason for me to do dailies hoping for Zyrus if I can grab the TM as an added bonus from the raid gacha.

After doing almost no pulls since Orlandu I've got an itchy summon finger. Rebar being awesome would be good and all, but Zyrus being great would be the thing to make me summon.

Thinking about it more, I would think they'd almost have to give moogles as part of the raid summon, otherwise most people would have no hope of using the TM's obviously intended for the raid.

Also if they include Firion & Kain moogles to raid gacha, they will make more banner pulls as those are nice TM's to have. Especially Kain's TM in multiple copies. Can Gumi be so smart?

Shouta

Next set of enhancements have been announced.

Trance Terra, Terra, Wilhelm, Lunera, Blanc, Helena, Kefka, Roselia, Largus are getting them this time.

Trance Terra sounds like she's getting a new skill when she uses her power up skill called "Inheritance - Maduin's Power" that is available for 5 turns. That's on top of significant MAG/MND buffs and getting White magic DC with the enhancements.

Rixa

Next set of enhancements have been announced.
Roselia

So Roselia gets 6* + Enhancements same time?
Hopefully she will be good, there are too many old units that have gotten 6* upgrade only to be very mediocre (Kefka & Vaan for example).

Roselia

New Skill - White Light's Protection - Confuse/Para/Silence Immunity

+1: DEF/SPR Up every Turn (Auto-Protect/Auto-Shell)

+2: Auto-Refresh

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Daily Rainbow

Daily Orlandu

The Revengeance begins.Can't fight these Tears bitch. First big pull(I can use) since Noctis. Makes up for flopping on his banner.

I'm happy ^_^

Alkez

Btw I skipped Eileen banner (no dailies done), but I will burn my Lapis when Friday new banner hits :). Not sure what others do, but the next banner for me is "Use all my resources for that 4* Zyrus and try to get atleast one".

I'm going to daily and then use tickets on the last day of the banner if I don't have him. As you say, at the very least the TM is worth it. I won't pursue heavily though as I don't believe these are time limited(?)

Xion86

Daily Rainbow

Daily Orlandu

The Revengeance begins.Can't fight these Tears bitch. First big pull(I can use) since Noctis. Makes up for flopping on his banner.

I'm happy ^_^

Wow!! Congratulations :D such a incredibly lucky and very useful pull.

I got Snow today which isn't too bad, quite a decent TM.

Ken

Daily Rainbow

Daily Orlandu

I'm happy ^_^

You did it!

I continue to take up residence in Town Daily Rainbow Never.

Rixa

Daily Rainbow

Daily Orlandu

I'm happy ^_^

Wow grats :)

I'm going to daily and then use tickets on the last day of the banner if I don't have him. As you say, at the very least the TM is worth it. I won't pursue heavily though as I don't believe these are time limited(?)

Only downside to get them later might be that if event drops Moogles, its kinda shitty to store those Moogles. I have 20 Xon and 20 Fry Moogles in inventory. If I don't get Xon now I will sell his Moogles.

Rixa

Cause I can't grind TM at the moment, outside of times when Iam at home and using my laptop. I need other ways to burn energy and well Gem Vortex is good to it.
Using TM team + some heavy hitter friend.

Screenshot_20170510-132126.png

Ty game :)

linkent

Daily Rainbow

Daily Orlandu

I'm happy ^_^

Gratz!! that is super lucky.

Still waiting for my next 5* ....

accidentally press claimed all. T_T

Alkez

Only downside to get them later might be that if event drops Moogles, its kinda shitty to store those Moogles. I have 20 Xon and 20 Fry Moogles in inventory. If I don't get Xon now I will sell his Moogles.

Yeah that's true. I barely have any unit space as is, and as always I'm reluctant to increase it when we're going to get the increase for the anniversary (most likely). I don't spend my raid coins till the last minutes so hopefully I'll get the rare on banner yellow this time (I've had 1 on banner yellow in 2017 - Ling).

Kouriozan

Get ready for a new pack of 30 Gigantuars as a raid reward and the "oh oops you need 30 free slots to claim it!"
Gumi's secret tactic to force us to use lapis.

Alkez

Was so close to doing Dark Espers with Val's Aileen but I messed up the chain and it broke at 13 hits. Will have to attempt it later (or when another strong Aileen shows up on my FL).

Get ready for a new pack of 30 Gigantuars as a raid reward and the "oh oops you need 30 free slots to claim it!"

Don't. Please, don't.

across

The Revengeance begins.

Congratulations! Just in time for Bahamut, too.

Trance Terra sounds like she's getting a new skill when she uses her power up skill called "Inheritance - Maduin's Power" that is available for 5 turns. That's on top of significant MAG/MND buffs and getting White magic DC with the enhancements.

Very curious to see what the final numbers are on the Magi Awakening -> Chaos Wave -> Awakened Chaos Wave combo. Shame it's 8 months away for GL, but good to know there's potential double Trance Terra chain antics in my future. Time to start building another cadre of Inguses...

You mean "make legal what corporations were already doing being everyone's backs anyways"?

It's like penalties in sports. The foul is only illegal if you get caught in the act. And in America, there is always (and very frequently taken) the option of settling outside of court without admitting legal wrongdoing. A common high-corporate tactic is to set aside contingency settlement fees when starting intentionally illicit activities via the calculation:

Profit = (Net Income from Illicit Activities - Expected Court Settlement Costs)

The whole net neutrality thing is pretty much a dog and pony show to the public.

It's less "If" and more "How much?"

Expect to see the scummy tactics pumped up to 11 once the regulations get removed.

Lyrian

It's less "If" and more "How much?"

Expect to see the scummy tactics pumped up to 11 once the regulations get removed.

Nah. All removing regulations do is simply enable corporations to come out publicly without fear of legal repercussions and accompanying court settlement costs.

Lack of court settlement costs because activities are now legal as a result of removing regulations generates additional profits, which is all that ultimately matters in the corporate world. Which is one of the core tenets on why lobbyists exist (Legal costs saved from removed regulations - lobbying costs to remove regulations = profit).

Yeah, the "optics" (that is what people are calling it these days? - I personally like the branding of the phrase) to the average citizen will appear like corporations are committing more dubious, shady, and scummy actions than ever before. When in reality, it's just another day that ends in "Y" for those corporations.

Today's MBA lesson is brought to everyone courtesy of my dark days in business school.

Nah. All removing regulations do is simply enable corporations to come out publicly without fear of legal repercussions and accompanying court settlement costs.

Lack of court settlement costs because activities are now legal as a result of removing regulations generates additional profits, which is all that ultimately matters in the corporate world. Which is one of the core tenets on why lobbyists exist (Legal costs saved from removed regulations - lobbying costs to remove regulations = profit).

Yeah, the "optics" (that is what people are calling it these days? - I personally like the branding of the phrase) to the average citizen will appear like corporations are committing more dubious, shady, and scummy actions than ever before. When in reality, it's just another day that ends in "Y" for those corporations.

Today's MBA lesson is brought to everyone courtesy of my dark days in business school.

So in your opinion, how much of a chance of something like this happening?

4272237049_d5f90b5bdc_z.jpg

creid

There's a TAITO Station in Akihabara. Can't miss it. I don't remember seeing it have the claw machine with XIV stuff though but maybe they'll have moved one in by now.
I saw a claw machine with small XIV figures in Club Sega.

Lyrian

So in your opinion, how much of a chance of something like this happening?

4272237049_d5f90b5bdc_z.jpg

Exactly as pictured? Literally zero chance. That's an **seriously old** picture that is well outdated, but still shows up for scare tactic purposes (fear is a powerful motivator).

This isn't the 1980s, and the Cable TV pricing model is practically obsolete and has been replaced with newer equivalents that are already implemented.

However, in some form, most of this is already implemented.

-- Base service: That will never change; it's an service access fee to the local Internet provider.
-- Pathfinder: Search engines get revenue from ad/link referrals and have for a long time instead of an access fee.
-- Internationals: Don't see this happening for dissemination of information/narrative to the public purposes.
-- News Sites: Many already charge subscription fees for access already. No need to charge again.
-- Internet TV: Most are subscription-based already.
-- Social: Same premise as search engines -- ad/link referral revenues

So, most of this in one form or another is already implemented and accepted by consumers. The rest is hidden away in forms that the average consumer will never realize (such as link referral fees in search engine results).

But that image, in all its obsolescence, will likely never change despite what is really happening on that front.

Exactly as pictured? Literally zero chance. That's an **seriously old** picture that is well outdated, but still shows up for scare tactic purposes (fear is a powerful motivator).

This isn't the 1980s, and the Cable TV pricing model is practically obsolete and has been replaced with newer equivalents that are already implemented.

However, in some form, most of this is already implemented.

-- Base service: That will never change; it's an service access fee to the local Internet provider.
-- Pathfinder: Search engines get revenue from ad/link referrals and have for a long time instead of an access fee.
-- Internationals: Don't see this happening for dissemination of information/narrative to the public purposes.
-- News Sites: Many already charge subscription fees for access already. No need to charge again.
-- Internet TV: Most are subscription-based already.
-- Social: Same premise as search engines -- ad/link referral revenues

So, most of this in one form or another is already implemented and accepted by consumers. The rest is hidden away in forms that the average consumer will never realize (such as link referral fees in search engine results).

But that image, in all its obsolescence, will likely never change despite what is really happening on that front.

Was the first one I found with a google search, and I know it's old, but the point was to ask about the segregation of the costs. Find what you say to be pretty interesting, so I'll have to research more on my own in the future.

Muku

Daily Rainbow

Daily Orlandu

I'm happy ^_^

Whaaaaa.... Congrats!!

They already are the devil. Please don't continue to give them awful ideas.... x_x

Also, is that image in regards to net neutrality stuff or are we talking about cable version of internet?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Wow!! Congratulations :D such a incredibly lucky and very useful pull.

I got Snow today which isn't too bad, quite a decent TM.

You did it!

I continue to take up residence in Town Daily Rainbow Never.

Wow grats :)

That's a big win, congrats!

Congrats on that one!

Congrats!! That's a major win.

Congrats shintoki!

Gratz!! that is super lucky.

Still waiting for my next 5* ....

accidentally press claimed all. T_T

Shintokis time to shine finally has come!

Congratz my friend!

Simply amazing. Welcome to the brotherhood lol. Grats!

Congratulations! Just in time for Bahamut, too.

Very curious to see what the final numbers are on the Magi Awakening -> Chaos Wave -> Awakened Chaos Wave combo. Shame it's 8 months away for GL, but good to know there's potential double Trance Terra chain antics in my future. Time to start building another cadre of Inguses...

Inconceivable!

Congrats the deliciously sweet daily!

One day this will be me. Grats.

Damn, congrats! Daily Rainbows are the best.

Whaaaaa.... Congrats!!

They already are the devil. Please don't continue to give them awful ideas.... x_x

Also, is that image in regards to net neutrality stuff or are we talking about cable version of internet?

Thank you each and everyone of you. I work up at 3:01 and pulled... and it took about 40 minutes to go back to sleep. THANK YOU! You guys are best Gaf Community!

Shouta

Finally beat that damn Icebird trial. It's a luck-based one so you gotta eat up some EN and hope your preparations are good enough. My Eiko almost has 700 SPR now thanks to the crown and new mastery

Lyrian

Net neutrality, with the original (and now quite old) scare tactic in the picture being to frame the end of net neutrality as the internet being transformed into cable TV subscription packages.

Was the first one I found with a google search, and I know it's old, but the point was to ask about the segregation of the costs. Find what you say to be pretty interesting, so I'll have to research more on my own in the future.

Last pointer of the day, as I'm far off-topic at this point and need to get on-topic with the thread.

One of the books that I found to be rather useful in business school was a book describing the concept of QBQ, or the question behind the question. People very rarely directly state their intentions directly, but rather instead will approach the manner in a round-about manner. As such, it is highly valuable to not only understand the intent behind a request (where most people stop in their analyses) but to look further and determine the actual motivation behind the intent resulting in the request as that is likely the true motivation of the person/entity in question.

In other words, critical thinking skills. Something that is very rarely taught to anyone anymore (and for good reason).

--------------

Back onto FFBE for the rest of the day:

Couple more dailys --> all blue off-banner trash again. This could very well be the worst banner for me since launch, quite possibly matching or in some ways passing the disaster that was the Secret of Mana banner for me.

Finally reached the water shrine. I'd have had my ATK 10% recipe by now too but like an idiot, it never occurred to me that the key may need to be in my items list. Oh well, one more hour to go.

Muku

Net neutrality, with the original (and now quite old) scare tactic in the picture being to frame the end of net neutrality as the internet being transformed into cable TV subscription packages.

Okay, I thought I faintly remembered it but it's been so long.

Also, John Oliver did a piece on that this week. Again. But it was a good one. Even put my filing in with FCC. Not that I think this government gives a shit.

Pejo

I got caught up in Shin's lucky daily, so i tried my hand at it and got what I deserve. Lenna.

Ah well. I've been farming the enhancement materials every day to burn stamina while I'm at work, and still haven't seen a single giantcryst. How rare are these things exactly?

Muku

I feel like even dailies have gotten worse. The Galuf's are in full force and getting some bottom of the barrel shit. Want banner units? Oh those don't exist anymore. Here's an Anzelm. WTF?

robotuw

Ah well. I've been farming the enhancement materials every day to burn stamina while I'm at work, and still haven't seen a single giantcryst. How rare are these things exactly?

One every 25 runs (375 nrg) is the number I've heard. I spent 2-3 days farming one chamber and didn't see anything. Good luck.

Lyrian

I got caught up in Shin's lucky daily, so i tried my hand at it and got what I deserve. Lenna.

Via the vortex? Near-insanely rare.

I believe the running consensus is around ~300-400 EN for 1 random giancryst.

Beaten with compassion by robotuw :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom