• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

across

I don't care about the dragoon, but Zyrus looks like he might be legit. Innate Dark Bond is what makes up for his on-paper low MAG, and his LB lets him doublecast his abilities, which is where his interesting mechanics are. He does lack auto-refresh which is kind of a bummer, so I'm not sure how his Blood Scar mechanic for MP recovery will work in practice. Obvious idea is Blood Scar him low enough to activate his 200% LB boost, then use his LB and start doublecasting Blood Pulsar. Takes 24 LB crystals at 6* though, might be better to use Entrust.

May roll dailies and hope.

Kouriozan

I also saw Roselia's 6* skills and they're pretty bad, a bit disappointed by that.

Edit : totally forgot Killer abilities don't work with Jumps, what the point then >.>

Rixa

I also saw Roselia's 6* skills and they're pretty bad, a bit disappointed by that.

Edit : totally forgot Killer abilities don't work with Jumps, what the point then >.>

Damn that Roselia :/, yet again failed.

Maybe Gumi fixes Killers now?
One can hope...

Kouriozan

Good news, Brave Exvius JP and Brave Exvius Global doing well :

7PEL7xh.png

Rixa

So Zyrus might be the mage that actually benefits from Ultima TM o_O. If AoE is needed.

That 6* LB
Magic damage (5x) to one enemy
Increase MAG (80%) for 3 turns to caster

Enables access to following abilities for 2 turns:
Blood Frenzy - Enables unit to use blood skills (blood scar, blood curse, blood rend, blood pulsar) twice in one turn

Ultima spam here we come :D

Lucreto

I tried Gilgamesh for the laugh to see how far I would get. He killed Icemans Noct in one turn and my team didn't leave a scratch.

Yeah, I won't be battling him again anytime soon.

Rixa

I tried Gilgamesh for the laugh to see how far I would get. He killed Icemans Noct in one turn and my team didn't leave a scratch.

Yeah, I won't be battling him again anytime soon.

Its a strategy fight with right equipments & units.Exviuswiki Gilgamesh trial page
Nice and somewhat hard fight. So take your time and try it later when you think you have a good enough party (preferably all 6* max leveled and decend eq's).

Edit: Or just use friend cheese unit...

All of Gilgamesh's attacks besides death and Excalibur can be evaded.
His thresholds require death immunity from the Safety Bit accessory in addition to 100% evasion.

Alkez

Dragoon looks good. I like that they didn't make her have just jump skills, but if you do use them you hit them for an extra 200%. Swords also allowed her to use DKS as well.

Not really feeling the mage. If blood rage was high tide it would be a lot better imo. Still want him for the TM but not going to spend tickets like I planned.

Rixa

2 poor bundles.

Zk8byamg.png

Explanation

redkain243 said:
$12 for 3 tickets and a 4 star moogle. Someone convert that? It doesn't sound like a great deal TBH. What would that be in lapis equivalent if you get the vault?

Pocket math:

180 lapis = 1 dollar. 12 dollars = 2160 lapis. That puts each ticket at 540 if we consider the rest of the contents useless.

1 four star moogle = 5% trust for one unit. 10 000 NRG = 100% trust for 5 units. Value of a 5% moogle is approximately 100 lapis if you refill.

The crysts are low tier ones, so not worthwhile. ATK 15% is trash tier if youve been playing long enough. Poach is better.
300 lapis for a ticket on the other hand is a fine deal to me. lapis bundle looks good.

Money bundle looks like a trap/trash tier. Too bad. I would spend on a good bundle, this one is shit.

Don't use money to that bundle.

across

I just have trouble taking dragoons seriously in a game that is so incredibly dependent on chaining to accomplish damage. You can't attack the same turn you land from a jump, so Reberta's Raging Thrust -> Crimson Death combo is... 2x attack (+80% ATK buff) -> 4.5x attack + 200% from Ignitos Support -> dead turn -> restart combo. Even if we're being generous and assuming Gumi patches the (lack of) interaction jump attacks have with * killer and elemental effects, I'm still skeptical. Chasing her seems roughly as wise as chasing Queen.

Syntsui

She is incredibly underwhelming, honestly. Easily the worst exclusive so far.

Edit: if she isn't able to equip GSwords or Katanas, oh boy her damage will be trash tier. The best Spear are either Dark or Earth elemental which doesn't go well with any of her skills.

But hey, 90 ATK Gungnir tho!!

tuffymon

Edit: if she isn't able to equip GSwords or Katanas, oh boy her damage will be trash tier. The best Spear are either Dark or Earth elemental which doesn't go well with any of her skills.

She can use swords and heavy, so a polearm combined with dks on a dual wield is probably the best... i like the couple of combos she has, interesting to say the least. Worst exclusive? nah, 6 star cerius or medius wins in that regards... worst of the new big girls? probably

Kettch

Yeah, Reberta doesn't seem too impressive to me. She looks awesome though, so that would soften the blow if I pull her on a daily.

across

Taking no buffs, killer effects or anything into consideration, just for kicks:
Raging Thrust (2x) + Crimson Death (13.5x) + cooldown turn (0x) = 5.1x across three turns
Queen using Devastate three turns in a row = 5.5x each turn

[Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass.]

Alkez

Her own spear is 128 neutral...

Chasing her seems roughly as wise as chasing Queen.

I don't think anyone should be chasing any 5* tbh lol. We do so at our own discretion.

tuffymon

Taking no buffs, killer effects or anything into consideration, just for kicks:
Raging Thrust (2x) + Crimson Death (13.5x) + cooldown turn (0x) = 5.1x across three turns
Queen using Devastate three turns in a row = 5.5x each turn

[Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass.]

Outside buffs sure, but does this take into consideration her Ignitos support?

Alkez

She certainly looks awesome, I'll give her that. We've been spoiled with Yun, Olive and Freya though.

That covers that, I guess.

Lol!

And yeah agreed with Yun, Olive, and Frye. Each one of them is so unique but also very strong. The Dragoon doesn't compare to them (though I would like her TM for Aileen). But I think she's an ok unit for someone who doesn't have better options.

across

Outside buffs sure, but does this take into consideration her Ignitos support?

Crimson Death is 4.5x + Ignitos Support 200% boost = 13.5x

I'm not being too serious with the Queen/Reberta comparison, but they look similar to me in the sense that they can't participate in the chain/cap game with their primary offensive abilities. Reberta does gain 80% ATK off of Raging Thrust, which is neat. Actually... Mystic Thrust is a 4x attack, so probably a decent chain ender. Holy Lance / (Enhancer/Mana Blade/etc.) capping an Orlandeau chain or something? I dunno.

If they patch killer effects working with jumps then she's going to deal a completely outrageous amount of damage to dragons. Which is the point of the banner, I guess. Still, I'm not impressed.

Syntsui

She certainly requires some set up, but when everything is aligned and you use her as a finisher I can see she doing some big damage.

The thing is, she will be expensive to gear and the team will have to take some hits while she prepares to do her thing. I'm sure you guys will make her work, looking forward to the videos!

tuffymon

Crimson Death is 4.5x + Ignitos Support 200% boost = 13.5x

Alright, so it had the passive boost, but did that count the 80% boost from Raging Thrust?

She's interesting, I'd like to run numbers once the calculator is updated for sure~ I don't use jump type moves often, so I'm hazy on it, but would dual wield or twin lance affect the jump numbers?

Lore wise, the two new exclusive units hate each other, interesting story tidbit.

across

Alright, so it had the passive boost, but did that count the 80% boost from Raging Thrust?

She's interesting, I'd like to run numbers once the calculator is updated for sure~ I don't use jump type moves often, so I'm hazy on it, but would dual wield or twin lance affect the jump numbers?

Nope. Keep in mind that it's 35% above Embolden and stat buffs affect base stat, so it's a solid boost but hardly gamebreaking. Dual Wield makes your jump hit twice, yes, but then it makes every other attack hit twice too, so just double up all the numbers for whatever you're comparing it to. The irritating thing with jumps in this game, as I said, is the cooldown/dead turn after you land. Remove that and dragoons would suddenly become legitimate damage dealers in spite of being unable to properly chain or cap with their jumps.

Alkez

The irritating thing with jumps in this game, as I said, is the cooldown/dead turn after you land. Remove that and dragoons would suddenly become legitimate damage dealers in spite of being unable to properly chain or cap with their jumps.

At first I was like yeah! But then I was thinking about it. Wouldn't they always be safe then because they would always be in the sky? Jump, Land + Jump again, repeat?

Rixa

When DKC finally gets ability awakening. He has nice skill

+2 Soul Eater
Lose 60% HP + 750% ST 1 Hit Dark Physical Attack & ST 3 Turn -100% Dark Resist

Reading Reddit, I was toying the idea to equip 2 Agrias (ab aw when?) with Dark Weapons to use as chainers for DKC.
Then came the reality. In Global BE we have whopping 4 Dark weapons.

* Moonblade (Delita)
* Deathbringer (DKC)
* Killer Bow (Trial, Agrias can't equip normally)
* Demon Scythe (Elza, banner exclu)

So yeah, I need 2nd Donkey Kong Country or 1st Delete for my Agriases :p.

across

jeebus the dragoon hate is fierce

Hey, I don't hate dragoons. They're just Final Fantasy's purest example of form over function. More accurate to say that Squaresoft/Square-Enix hates dragoons. Of course in the mainline games it doesn't matter since they're all so easy you can use whoever you want, do solo playthroughs, gain no levels, and any other assortment of silly tactics while still clearing the game, but in FFBE it costs resources to acquire a unit (+/- depending on your IRL luck stat) so...

Reberta at least accomplishes said primary feature of dragoons, which is looking cool. S-tier at that.

across

XIV dragoons are pretty OP.

I haven't played 14 (or 11 since Wings of the Goddess) so maybe they're good there, but they're pretty mediocre in all the older games. Kain is probably the (ahem) high point.

Though ninjas are completely broken in the games with the job system and absolute garbage in this one so it's not like precedent means much, I guess.

Ummm Reberta is legit good

Just cuz her niche isnt the same as Orlandus doesnt mean shes bad by any means

Just looking over her kit she looks like the best Dragoon in the game

Valentus

Eh shes OK at best.

Lets see her stats

Base ATK 188
80% innate 150,4
140% materias (3x30 + DKS) 263,2
Bracer 30
Genji Glove 18,8
helmet 18
demon mail 10
artisan 135
moonblade 118
odin 60

total 990,6

But lol no elemental debuff.

I..... dont think its worth of pull... i mean, yeah she is good but has even the same limitations of fryevia but its not as awesome than her.

But... a 450% jump (with 200% modifier bonus) with 990 atk.... mmmmmmmm worth testing!

Alkez

Eh shes OK at best.

Lets see her stats

Base ATK 188
80% innate 150,4
2x bracer 60
helmet 18
demon mail 10
artisan 135
moonblade 118
odin 60

total 1002,6

I..... dont think its worth of pull... i mean, yeah she is good but has even the same limitations of fryevia but its not as awesome than her.

But... a 450% jump (with 200% modifier bonus) with 1000 atk.... mmmmmmmm worth testing!

Well, she has 3 elemental debuffs, just no good weapons to capitilise lol.

But wouldn't you use her as an ended anyway so does it really matter? Give her the holy lance and use the 4x non jump move to end an Du chain? I mean she's not going to be doing Olive or Frye level endings but it'll be pretty strong.

Also you gave her 2 weapons without dual wield lol.

I'm not saying she's worth pulling, but I don't think she's bad. She looks alright to me. A solid 11.5 on the Exvius wiki ratings system imo.

across

Not saying she's bad, saying she's not the sort of meta-disrupting 5* base that would be wise to chase. Neither is/was Trance Terra and I pulled for her, so don't misunderstand my posts! I'd use her if she fell into my lap but I wouldn't burn (multiples of) 5k lapis trying for her because her niche is really, really specific (jump doesn't participate in chains, a lot of her power is against dragons) vs. Orlandeau, Aileen, etc.. That's all.

total 1002,6

You're gonna have to get Dual Wield from something there... :p

Eh shes OK at best.

Lets see her stats

Base ATK 188
80% innate 150,4
2x bracer 60
helmet 18
demon mail 10
artisan 135
moonblade 118
odin 60

total 1002,6

But... a 450% jump (with 200% modifier bonus) with 1000 atk.... mmmmmmmm worth testing!

She has 3 elemental Debuffs

If you dual weild element lances and combo Breath into Mystic?

She isnt Orlandu but she also isnt a shit unit

Valentus

Well, she has 3 elemental debuffs, just no good weapons to capitilise lol.

But wouldn't you use her as an ended anyway so does it really matter? Give her the holy lance and use the 4x non jump move to end an Du chain? I mean she's not going to be doing Olive or Frye level endings but it'll be pretty strong.

Also you gave her 2 weapons without dual wield lol.

I'm not saying she's worth pulling, but I don't think she's bad. She looks alright to me. A solid 11.5 on the Exvius wiki ratings system imo.

Not saying she's bad, saying she's not the sort of meta-disrupting 5* base that would be wise to chase. Neither is/was Trance Terra and I pulled for her, so don't misunderstand my posts! I'd use her if she fell into my lap but I wouldn't burn (multiples of) 5k lapis trying for her because her niche is really, really specific (jump doesn't participate in chains, a lot of her power is against dragons) vs. Orlandeau, Aileen, etc.. That's all.

You're gonna have to get Dual Wield from something there... :p

corrected and now is 990,6 atk

TRASH TIER CONFIRMED (/s)

She has 3 elemental Debuffs

If you dual weild element lances and combo Breath into Mystic?

She isnt Orlandu but she also isnt a shit unit

I need to test her (so that means i need to pull her lmao) but i think that her best damage should be crimson death buffed.

450% * 4 = 1800% jump damage.

It would be very similar to Nine's damage full equip.

Even in turn capitalize (nine's jump is 3 turns, Reberta is 1 turn first skill, 2 turns jump = same 3 turns)

Alkez

Not saying she's bad, saying she's not the sort of meta-disrupting 5* base that would be wise to chase.

Yeah, this is where I'm at as well. I think we (as a community) need to make it clear that a 5* base being good does not equate to you must chase.

As I said before I don't think it's wise to chase anyone. We do so only because we want to, and those reasons are usually the unit is meta defining or we personally like the unit.

TRASH TIER CONFIRMED

LOL that is not what I meant.

TRASH TIER CONFIRMED (/s)

I need to test her (so that means i need to pull her lmao) but i think that her best damage should be crimson death buffed.

450% * 4 = 1800% jump damage.

It would be very similar to Nine's damage full equip.

Even in turn capitalize (nine's jump is 3 turns, Reberta is 1 turn first skill, 2 turns jump = same 3 turns)

She outdamages Nine in most respects from what I can see but it might be close?

Its a clash of stats and modifiers there. Nine has the edge on Jump bonuses but has lower stats and passive attack

Not to mention Rebertas opening combo skill gives her 80% attack... which might be moot once people get Ramza and Mercedes up and running

Valentus

She outdamages Nine in most respects from what I can see but it might be close?

Its a clash of stats and modifiers there. Nine has the edge on Jump bonuses but has lower stats and passive attack

Not to mention Rebertas opening combo skill gives her 80% attack... which might be moot once people get Ramza and Mercedes up and running

Nine's jump is 450% + 260% jump modifier

thats 450% * 5,2 = 2340% jump damage.

Reberta max jump damage is 1800%

Reberta's Max ATK is 990
Nine's Max ATK is 970

You tell me :p

edit: Actually, Reberta would make an awesome analysis video, i will pull her lmao, but for what i saw... i think that jump damage-wise, she is not better than Nine. In every other department, obviously she outclasses the 4star dragoon... but dammit we are talking about dragoons! i Want to use her for jump!

Dammit gumi!

Rixa

With the EQ's my Ace has + Diabolos, it is at 817 MAG

With the EQ's from Ace to Zyrus + Ramuh it has 859 MAG, when there are 2 Draco Spikes. With Omnirods its 839 MAG.

og7PoShg.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom